PDA

View Full Version : Another room gone.

JimS
03-16-2010, 04:18 AM
Billiards On Main, Galesburg Il. Sold to Azer Physical Therapy to be used as a new store. Whadayagunnado?

Maxx
03-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Word on the street is that he is trying to reopen at a new location ....

zrx replica
03-16-2010, 07:00 AM
You say Mark is trying to relocate? Maybe he'll try for a spot in Peoria area? Thats where he lives last I heard...Peoria needs more pool spots...All kinds of bar spots but only 1 room now. Used to be at least 4 poolrooms here long ago, but times r tough! Such a shame too cause this region has mega talent/always has!

JimS
03-16-2010, 09:31 AM
The business has been for sale for quite a while and to sell to someone like Azer, who has an interest in buying the physical location, but I would assume has no interest in the business or equipement (so now Mark has all that equipment moving/storage to fade), indicates to me that Mark doesn't have much interest in another room in Galesburg. But, it has long been a known fact that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about so .................

According to a sign out front there is a new ph in the old Eagles Bldg, the 21 Club, on the second floor, but I have no idea what kind or size of tables are there. Pete stopped in buy they don't open until 6 pm and the girl at the bar knew nothing.

Time will tell all I reckon! :groucho:

mosconiac
03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately, this is becoming a common story. Pitiful, but common. I hope it works out for you guys over there.

This recession is a bitter one. The midwest is losing a lot of rooms and I'm afraid more will fall before we get into the clear.

mikeyfrost
03-16-2010, 12:50 PM
I played there once, it had some decent action and the bar tenders sure were pretty. The spanish looking one was the nuts and very entertaining!

jrt30004
03-16-2010, 01:38 PM
sorry to hear this. hopefully you get a new one to take it's place.