PDA

View Full Version : If you don't think!!!!!

Black Cat 5791
03-16-2010, 11:30 AM
If you don't think that Predator shafts don't really work, your crazy. I've alway's been a supporter and user of Predator. Until last night I really didn't know how much the shafts do for my game.

Pushout
03-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Then I must be a damn lunatic!

MOJOE
03-16-2010, 11:37 AM
If you don't think that Predator shafts don't really work, your crazy. I've alway's been a supporter and user of Predator. Until last night I really didn't know how much the shafts do for my game.

So what are you saying?? Two negatives make a positive:D Everyone has their own opinion, some like, some don't.. I hope that doesn't make me crazy!!:cool:

jrt30004
03-16-2010, 11:41 AM
i have never said they don't work. all ld shafts pretty much do what they claim - lower deflection. i have just said i don't like shooting with them very much. but if they fit your game good for you. anything that helps is a plus! keep hittin' 'em well:smile:

Tom In Cincy
03-16-2010, 11:44 AM
I will admit that Predator shafts are the best EVER marketed shaft in the pool industry.

I will admit that Predator is one of the top 10 pieces of PLYWood ever built (for pool)

I will also admit that the consistency of Predator shafts (repeatable performance from one shaft to another) is unparalleled. Plywood is plywood.

Call me crazy.. see if I care.

Apocalypse2017
03-16-2010, 11:55 AM
i have never said they don't work. all ld shafts pretty much do what they claim - lower deflection. i have just said i don't like shooting with them very much. but if they fit your game good for you. anything that helps is a plus! keep hittin' 'em well:smile:

I like deflection! I've used it for so long...I can't play without it.:cool:

jrt30004
03-16-2010, 12:28 PM
I like deflection! I've used it for so long...I can't play without it.:cool:

that's how i feel as well. i started out with meucci back in the late 80's and those things are all about deflecting the ball. the shafts i use now are made by the dick neighbors who made my cue. i just can't shoot well with an ld shaft. but what i said to the op i really mean. some people just shoot lights out with an ld shaft and if that's the case then that's what they should use. it's all about what you like and what makes you comfortable. because that's what will make you play better.

Neil
03-16-2010, 12:35 PM

blah blah
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM

The first sentence in that post makes my eyes cross.

I don't even think I'm straying much off the topic when I share this link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/04/the-most-ridiculous-cauti_n_485331.html) here.

cswann1
03-16-2010, 12:47 PM

I don't even think I'm straying much off the topic when I share this link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/04/the-most-ridiculous-cauti_n_485331.html) here.

ROFL!! Good stuff man:rotflmao1:

NineballBEN
03-16-2010, 02:02 PM

:thumbup::rotflmao:That was a good find,thanks for posting!

ronshirley
03-16-2010, 02:10 PM
The first sentence in that post makes my eyes cross.....

The title of the thread is pretty funny too.

ridewiththewind
03-16-2010, 02:17 PM

Hmmmmmm...'cuz you're used to them? I am thrilled for you that you have found the 'holy grail' of shafts. Personally, I think that when you spend good money for a particular cue, part of the reason for the desire is/should be because of the way that the shaft(s) are tapered to compliment the butt of the cue....it is what made the cue desirable to begin with.

And while you may take offense for someone doggin' your choice of LD shafts...I take an equal amount of offense by people trying to shove the merits of LD shafts down my throat.

Lisa

pwd72s
03-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Life is like a box of chocolates...or somethin'.

cardiac kid
03-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I will admit that Predator shafts are the best EVER marketed shaft in the pool industry.

I will admit that Predator is one of the top 10 pieces of PLYWood ever built (for pool)

I will also admit that the consistency of Predator shafts (repeatable performance from one shaft to another) is unparalleled. Plywood is plywood.

Call me crazy.. see if I care.

Gee Tom,

Can you imagine how difficult it must have been for all the legendary old timers of our game having to play with just a milled down length of natural hardwood? With just a compressed piece of leather for a tip. Wow, a short length of Ivory for a ferrule as well. They must have suffered greatly. Isn't technology wonderful!

I'm not sure what the truth is. Another poster on this thread mentioned marketing. Perhaps thats it. Does someone want to dig up Wimpy and ask what he thinks:rolleyes:?

Lyn

blah blah
03-16-2010, 02:43 PM
The title of the thread is pretty funny too.

yes, I'm beginning to think the joke's on all of us for clicking and posting here.

I know I saw "If you don't think!!!" and thought, "Man, I gotta get a word in on that one!"

9bizzle
03-16-2010, 04:04 PM

To me, it looks like the whole end of his post is missing. First, he dogs on those who are not fans of Predators, or LD shafts in general, then he fails to elaborate on what happened last night that makes his opinion so strong.:shrug:

poolhustler
03-16-2010, 05:08 PM
ya, i would love to hear what happened to him last night.........

Was travelling circus of midgets in town???

Black Cat 5791
03-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Hey everyone sorry for the incomplete post, I posted the original message on my IPOD on the fly haven't had the time to reply since.

But, I went to the pool hall last Monday and while I was waiting for a friend of mine to show up, I saw another friend of mine and decided to play a few games. So what's wrong with that you may ask, well I didn't have my cue's with me so I just grabbed one off the wall. Well everything went fine until I needed to make a shot with english, I didn't make a single shot where I applied any english unless the object ball was damn near already in the pocket. Any cut shots with english missed. I can normally cut the ball off the rail with the cue ball at a complete right angle to the object ball, using side spin, I was missing the ball by 3" inches.

So If that doesn't show the power of a Predator shaft, or any other LD shaft I don't know what other proof someone would need. I'm Strong 6 in both 8 ball and 9 ball almost a 7 in both, so I know my way around the table.

Just sharing, I've alway's believed the hype I just never knew how much my game depended on what I've learned to use.

BC :cool:

mdavis228
03-21-2010, 08:32 AM
The "...what I've learned to use..." part is the important part. I use LD shafts - not Predators. I use OB & Cash Cues ferrule-less shafts. I have a big custom coming this year, and that cue maker will be one of the few I would trust to get away with making a conventional shaft/cue taper combo to fit my liking. MY liking - without having to go thru a serious adjustment period. I want long term consistency.
I don't dog anyone for their choice of shaft. If it works for you - use it. LD, conventional, whatever.

pt109
03-21-2010, 09:55 AM
So what's wrong with that you may ask, well I didn't have my cue's with me so I just grabbed one off the wall.

BC :cool:

Playing with a 'wall-abuska' has obviously affected your command
of English.
" The cue's what?'
The cue's English as in the King's english?
Maybe you should use a predator shaft on the keyboard......
....maybe we all should.....

ps just kidding.....don't stop posting...or don't post stopping?!?!

JAW725
03-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Ouch! It's getting rough in here. Black Cat, just buy an expensive plain jane that hits a ton and all will be settled ;)

Black Cat 5791
03-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Playing with a 'wall-abuska' has obviously affected your command
of English.
" The cue's what?'
The cue's English as in the King's english?
Maybe you should use a predator shaft on the keyboard......
....maybe we all should.....

ps just kidding.....don't stop posting...or don't post stopping?!?!

I can take a joke, but you lost me on this one. What am I missing here? I used a house cue, shot horrible, missed shots that I would have normally made. Made a post using my IPOD, just trying to share an experience that I had. And, the only reason that I did is because people are alway's saying how shaft's don't help your game, I found proof that they do, atleast for me. So, for what it's worth that's just my 2 cents.

BC

danquixote
03-24-2010, 06:42 AM

OK then......if I do think that Pred shafts don't work.....then I'm sane.
Thank Gawd for OB.......Dan

asn130
03-24-2010, 07:18 AM
this is now officially the best thread ever.

who's with me????!!!!

Black Cat 5791
03-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Ok I reviewed my original post. I guess my brain was going faster than my thumbs. I guess what I was really trying to say was. If you think the shafts don't work your crazy.

BC

Celtic
03-24-2010, 10:14 AM
well I didn't have my cue's with me so I just grabbed one off the wall. Well everything went fine until I needed to make a shot with english, I didn't make a single shot where I applied any english unless the object ball was damn near already in the pocket. Any cut shots with english missed. I can normally cut the ball off the rail with the cue ball at a complete right angle to the object ball, using side spin, I was missing the ball by 3" inches.

Different shafts deflect differently, and if you don't adjust for the varied deflection you will miss shots with english. The reality is that someone shooting with a high deflection shaft that has learned to shoot with that deflection would have the same problems going to a predator off the fly and making shots with english much as you did. Then again alot of players can quickly adjust to a level that they can be quite competent with a variety of different deflections.

What you said is expected, not some kind of revelation.

Trying to aim the same with a higher deflection shaft as you would with a lower deflection shaft will cause you to miss and it sounds like you were simply unable to adjust to the different cue or did not even bother to try.

Grats on shooting bad, I guess....

dr_dave
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
If you don't think that Predator shafts don't really work, your crazy. I've alway's been a supporter and user of Predator. Until last night I really didn't know how much the shafts do for my game.Low-squirt (AKA low cue ball deflection) shafts are not for everybody. For more info, see:

http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/cue.html#low_squirt

Regards,
Dave