PDA

View Full Version : One very excited AZ'er

Rak9up
03-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I got the shipping info for my unique custom cue. (should be here in 2 to 3 days)

A merry widow solid bacote with a unique butt taper. Built for playing not looking at.

I'll give an honest review in 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 days after I hit a few thousand balls or so.

Its been about 2 years from start to finish (you don't just rip a one piece butt overnight I new from the start it would be awhile to have it done right)

Its been a real pleasure doing business to this point and the pictures look awsome

Thank you Mr. Rocker

P.S. While waiting for the cue I had an aortic dissection, 2 open heart surgeries, a stroke, kidney failure, and an ulcer repaired at one point the doctors told my wife to pick out a plot for me. What they didn't know is I had a custom cue on order :)
So here I am semi patiently waiting............. honey...............is it here yet................is it here yet

ronshirley
03-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Hope you post some pictures of it as well. Good Luck with it.

Underclocked
03-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Given your medical history, you might consider getting on Southwest's waiting list. :smile:

Hope you enjoy the new cue for years to come!

Rak9up
03-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Will post pictures in "Cue Review" in a few days.

as for waiting for a Southwest come on guys I'm tough

but I'm not Moses or Dick Clark

TheBook
03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Always a exciting time when getting a new cue. Bacote is a excellent wood for a cue.

When you get it be sure to set up a easy shot as your first one. You don't want the cue to start off with the bad habit of missing. Then when you do miss be sure to beat the stick to teach it to never do that again. :ok: :yeah: :rotflmao1:

Big_H515
03-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Will post pictures in "Cue Review" in a few days.

as for waiting for a Southwest come on guys I'm tough

but I'm not Moses or Dick Clark

i just fell out of my chair :rotflmao1::rotflmao:

wife didn't buy the plot cause you needed to save money for your custom...typical pool player ;)

now that its coming in, be sure to begin the for sale thread before the first 100 racks are complete.:D KIDDING

Hope you live for many years to come and am looking forward to seeing those pics once it arrives!:thumbup:

new2thegame
03-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Good post! Can't wait to see the cue.

mamono
03-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Looking forward to the review... I second the Southwest wait list! ;) Gotta keep something in the works!

Ratta
03-17-2010, 12:21 AM
I also almost fall out of my chair- ROTFL

Stay healthy my friend- and much fun with your new cue :-)
Order 3-4 Southwest would be a good idear for you ........:thumbup:

lg from overseas,

Ingo

Rak9up
03-17-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm so happy with my business dealings with John Rocker. I wanted a straight line or "zero taper" in the wrap area. So that no matter where you hold the cue it always feels the same. Plus I wanted one piece of wood for a solid hit. Not many cue makers would take on the project some were worried about warpage (which is why John insited it take so long to bring the wood down slowly and correctly) and some wouldn't vary from their taper.

I'm glad their are some cuemakers will that still test the waters and try new things (it worked for predator).

Guess I'm different from other players I don't see how cutting a piece of wood a 1000 times to adding points or inlays with mother of pearl, sperm whale bone, or the antler from a virgin elk east and only east of the rockies makes a cue play better.

Sometimes just sometimes less is more.

If it doesn't hit like a dream its on me not him. I gave him all the dimensions
and chose the wood type. I've been playing with a similar prototype made out of Jarrah for a few years now. But wanted to tweek the design slighlty and try a new cuemaker plus I thought bacote was a better wood. Every aspect discussed like joint type,ferrule material, tip ect. delt only with playability.
Except the rings even the roughest man does need a hint of color when entering the pool room.

Ask a Nascar fan somtimes you have to make adjustments to have a car run great.

A cue built for racing is no different.

Speaking of races it will only cost....?... to find out how good it really does play:)

Tramp Steamer
03-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Rak, I hope that you and your new cue spend many happy years together.
If you play One Pocket, then we have a lot in common. I've had three heart attacks, two angioplasties, two stents, and two by-pass surgeries. Other than that, I feel great. :smile:

12310bch
03-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Awww come on, God, just lemmee have one more game before.........
Hey, I hear ,as an incentive to be good, everybody that goes to heaven
gets a Black Boar. Yeah, I'm old too.