PDA

View Full Version : Opening a Pool Hall

Breezr
03-17-2010, 01:14 PM
I am interested in opening a pool hall in my city. I have an extensive background in the restaurant business, but I find myself wanting to combine my restaurant experience with my passion for pool. My problem lies in my lack of legitimate sales figures for the rental of hourly tables on a daily basis. I need information based on number of tables per business, average usage and daily sales. This is the one area that I am lacking in my business plan to go forward to the bank. I am not interested in opening a franchise such as a Dooly's or other, I believe in being independent. I can be emailed at mikeubet@hotmail.com. Thank you for your help.

cueboy007
03-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Where are you located?
Have you tried talking to pool hall owners?
Not sure if you gonna get much business during weekdays...

Mase
03-17-2010, 02:14 PM
I would ask the same question in "The Room Owner Discussion" forum.

manwon
03-17-2010, 02:17 PM
I am interested in opening a pool hall in my city. I have an extensive background in the restaurant business, but I find myself wanting to combine my restaurant experience with my passion for pool. My problem lies in my lack of legitimate sales figures for the rental of hourly tables on a daily basis. I need information based on number of tables per business, average usage and daily sales. This is the one area that I am lacking in my business plan to go forward to the bank. I am not interested in opening a franchise such as a Dooly's or other, I believe in being independent. I can be emailed at mikeubet@hotmail.com. Thank you for your help.

I own a room in Washington state, and I will try to help you with some information listed below.

1) Rental of tables will be based upon what the going rate is in your local area. This price is economy driven, and will vary greatly from region to region.

2) Combining food is a great idea, minimal soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are also something to consider. But, try to keep the prices down to a minimum level. Either you room is going to be a players room or a bar, it is vary hard to find center ground that doesn't tilt one direction or the other.

3) I would also consider retail sales of cues, cases, and other billiards related accessories, along with cue repair. By combining all these areas above you will have many avenues to make money, in this business never put all your egg's in a single basket.

Good Luck

DogsPlayingPool
03-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Agreed. You will probably get a good response to your questions if you also post this in the Room Owners Discussion forum.

Good luck in your venture!

mistamikel
03-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Good luck with the venture and if all goes good maybe I'll have a good place to play :)