PDA

View Full Version : New R360 Cuetec

Johnnyt
06-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Wow, Cuetec has come a long way baby. I like the hit of of the R360 and the 15 1/2" pro taper is just right for me. The Explorer tip plays very well so far. No funny noises from this cue.

Short story. After a few years off I stared playing again in 2002. As I had sold or given away all my pool stuff I needed a cue. Being the Mr. no it all that I am I didn't bother asking any good players what were some of the best production cues, I just ordered a Cuetec Thunderbolt. After all if it was good enough for AF and ES I figured it would be good enough for me.

So the day it comes UPS I take it right down to the pool hall to see how it hit. I show it to the owner (retired pro) of the 14 table room and bar. John looks at it and even though he said "nice cue" I could see by his face there was something wrong. I was one of his best customers at the bar and tables so I knew he probably was being nice.

I go on a table and throw 15 balls out and start playing. The first ball I hit I hear a loud BOINK, and i'm half deaf. By the time I was half way througfh the rack everyone was looking at me with strange looks. I sold the cue to a lady for $50 less than I paid for it the next day. Johnnyt

ChazL
06-16-2010, 04:58 PM
I hit with an R360 for the first time just a few days ago.

I share your opinion, Johnny. A nice, well made cue with very good feel.

obr
06-16-2010, 05:44 PM
if its good enough for svb, its good enough for me!

oldzilla
06-17-2010, 06:26 AM
I'm sure you are liking the R360 hit ! What model did you get ?

zilla

KoolKat9Lives
06-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Anyone know if SVB uses the standard shaft that comes with this cue? Is it a LD? If it's good enough for Travis, it's good enough for SVB. :wink:

oldzilla
06-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Anyone know if SVB uses the standard shaft that comes with this cue? Is it a LD? If it's good enough for Travis, it's good enough for SVB. :wink:

I believe SVB does use the standard shaft with a triangle tip.
I asked him at the Stone last year.
And yes it is a LD shaft. Bare wood. A very great move for Cuetec.
This shaft can play side by side with the best LD's !

poolplayer2093
06-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Wow, Cuetec has come a long way baby. I like the hit of of the R360 and the 15 1/2" pro taper is just right for me. The Explorer tip plays very well so far. No funny noises from this cue.

Short story. After a few years off I stared playing again in 2002. As I had sold or given away all my pool stuff I needed a cue. Being the Mr. no it all that I am I didn't bother asking any good players what were some of the best production cues, I just ordered a Cuetec Thunderbolt. After all if it was good enough for AF and ES I figured it would be good enough for me.

So the day it comes UPS I take it right down to the pool hall to see how it hit. I show it to the owner (retired pro) of the 14 table room and bar. John looks at it and even though he said "nice cue" I could see by his face there was something wrong. I was one of his best customers at the bar and tables so I knew he probably was being nice.

I go on a table and throw 15 balls out and start playing. The first ball I hit I hear a loud BOINK, and i'm half deaf. By the time I was half way througfh the rack everyone was looking at me with strange looks. I sold the cue to a lady for $50 less than I paid for it the next day. Johnnyt

are you playing with one now? what's it look like? what would you compare the hit to? i'm imagining it playing like a predator...

Johnnyt
06-17-2010, 07:39 AM
I'm sure you are liking the R360 hit ! What model did you get ?

zilla

13690 model. Plain black with Irish wrap. $176 with protectors and nice little case. I'm not into all the fancy deco on my cues. It really feels like it was made for me, compared to the other 9 producton cues I have, including 2 DP's, Viking with 3 shafts 1 being an OB-1, McDermett, and a few off brands for when bangers come over. All the above cues play well for me, but this Cuetec is a keeper for sure. Johnnyt

Johnnyt
06-17-2010, 07:44 AM
are you playing with one now? what's it look like? what would you compare the hit to? i'm imagining it playing like a predator...

I really can't compare it to anything I have now. I never played with a predator or custom cue. As silly as it sounds it feels like that one house-cue that feels so good to you that you buy it from the poolroom or try. Plenty of feed back from this Cuetec when I hit with it. Med.-hard-stif hit I would say. Johnnyt

oldzilla
06-17-2010, 12:15 PM
13690 model. Plain black with Irish wrap. $176 with protectors and nice little case. I'm not into all the fancy deco on my cues. It really feels like it was made for me, compared to the other 9 producton cues I have, including 2 DP's, Viking with 3 shafts 1 being an OB-1, McDermett, and a few off brands for when bangers come over. All the above cues play well for me, but this Cuetec is a keeper for sure. Johnnyt

yup, i agree 100%. i waited a bit to say anything but i will say now that it is a very good cue.
When i was thinking of getting a new shaft for my 98-6 predator i seen the SVB was doing very well with this product. After watching him roast Scott Frost and hearing that he used it right out of the plastic it came in i had to find out for myself. Costing less than another shaft made it easy to try out. If i didnt like it at least i had an entire cue for resale.
So being sooooooo satisfied with the R360
my Predator that i used with much confidence for 10 years is collecting dust. It has alot of sentimental value so i do not want to sell it. Someday i will find a second hand shaft for it and may use it again.
But for now it is R360 for me !

zilla.

sponge bob
06-17-2010, 01:25 PM
I believe SVB has his R360 shafts turned down to 12.5

obr
06-17-2010, 01:53 PM

just wondering where you heard this from, as I was thinking of doing the same thing. I was just curious if turning down a LD shaft might affect the play somehow?

Thunderball
06-17-2010, 01:57 PM
This is interesting. First positive reviews I have ever seen for cuetec I have ever seen on this site. Must be something to it.

I'll make a point of hitting one when I see one out. thanks for the heads up.

Johnnyt
06-17-2010, 01:59 PM

The shaft comes 12.75mm stock. I don't see him being that picky. Hell, a little light sanding and you there. Johnnyt

sponge bob
06-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Tim Padgett was turning down his shafts when Cuetec were still trying to sign him up.

It is a great hitting shaft BTW.

oldzilla
06-17-2010, 02:05 PM
This is interesting. First positive reviews I have ever seen for cuetec I have ever seen on this site. Must be something to it.

But make very sure you try a R360 because it is the new LD shaft design that has made this product now up to date !

radge69
06-17-2010, 02:23 PM
The shaft comes 12.75mm stock. I don't see him being that picky. Hell, a little light sanding and you there. Johnnyt

Personally, there is a big difference in feel between 12.75 and 12.5. I get a lot of turn down jobs taking new shafts that are 12.75 down to 12.5, so it must not be just myself and Shane that can tell the difference. :wink:

Johnnyt
06-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Personally, there is a big difference in feel between 12.75 and 12.5. I get a lot of turn down jobs taking new shafts that are 12.75 down to 12.5, so it must not be just myself and Shane that can tell the difference. :wink:

Well if your getting them in the shop to take .25 off then I guess people that are use to 12.50mm can feel the difference. Thank you. Johnnyt

DrCue'sProtege
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM

Just wondering......its been about five months now, have you hit with the R360 yet? if so, thoughts?

Mike