PDA

View Full Version : New Joint

iownthe412
06-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Anyone ever had a new joint installed and the shafts didn't fit flush with the joint?? Got my cue back yesterday with an ivory joint installed and both shafts are way off. Extremely noticeable, even to the eye. If anyone has ever had this happen, let me know how it was handled.

Thanks,
Ian

Klink
06-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Did they put ivory on the butt and the shaft or only on the butt?

iownthe412
06-17-2010, 06:20 AM
In the butt of the cue

Tramp Steamer
06-17-2010, 06:32 AM
I never did, no.
You didn't say, but if a new pin was installed it could be off-center, creating a problem with the joint face.
Have another cuemaker take a look at it and positively identify the problem. This information is for your benefit only, however, so don't use another cuemaker as leverage against the one you're having trouble with.
Calmly bring the problen to the attention of person who did the work and find out what they intend to do about it. Most cue repair persons are reasonable people. Try to work something out.
At the end of the day there is always small claims court, but hopefully it won't get that far.
You want I should call Lou and Tony? :)

ratcues
06-17-2010, 07:28 AM
There is always the possibility that the original collar/pin was off to start with and the new is installed correctly, causing the shafts to be off. This is why it is always best to send the shaft(s) along with the cue for any joint work.

hang-the-9
06-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Did whoever put in the joint have the shafts as well?

Rodney
06-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Are the shafts larger, or smaller? Is there an even overage, or shortage all the way around?