PDA

View Full Version : Another step for me :-)

BryanBpool
06-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Last night, for the first time, I cashed in the Weekly Open 9Ball Tournament at Strokers.

I came through the losers side (after losing my second match,) and after beating the person in the hot seat 4-0, we decided to chop 1st and 2nd place money instead of playing again. It was late, and I get up early for work.

In my head, I won the tournament. :-)

I played well and got lucky... You need both to win a Race to 4, alternating breaks. It looks like the bi-weekly ass-stompings I have been receiving from Mr. Mills are paying off.... LOL

It is a fantastic tournament, that always has a bunch of good players. You really cant beat it for $13...

In what other sport can you compete with professionals for $13.

Notable regulars are:

Mike Davis
James Roberts
Donny Mills (I dont know if he plays in it much any more, I know he used to)
Justin Hall
Trevor Braymore
Jason Richko
Jose DelRio (Strokers Owner, Thank You for running such a fantastic Pool Hall)

Im sure there are more I should mention..... The bottom line is, after about two round, everyone in the Tourney can run out.

I just wanted to share.... :-) Its a really good feeling to know I am capable of competing with some of these players.

Have a great day everyone.

-Bryan

Black-Balled
06-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Nice!
You know that next time you get there you will have to play for all the prize money, just to make up for last night's split?!!;)

Bigtruck
06-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Last night, for the first time, I cashed in the Weekly Open 9Ball Tournament at Strokers.

I came through the losers side (after losing my second match,) and after beating the person in the hot seat 4-0, we decided to chop 1st and 2nd place money instead of playing again. It was late, and I get up early for work.

In my head, I won the tournament. :-)

I played well and got lucky... You need both to win a Race to 4, alternating breaks. It looks like the bi-weekly ass-stompings I have been receiving from Mr. Mills are paying off.... LOL

It is a fantastic tournament, that always has a bunch of good players. You really cant beat it for $13...

In what other sport can you compete with professionals for $13.

Notable regulars are:

Mike Davis
James Roberts
Donny Mills (I dont know if he plays in it much any more, I know he used to)
Justin Hall
Trevor Braymore
Jason Richko
Jose DelRio (Strokers Owner, Thank You for running such a fantastic Pool Hall)

Im sure there are more I should mention..... The bottom line is, after about two round, everyone in the Tourney can run out.

I just wanted to share.... :-) Its a really good feeling to know I am capable of competing with some of these players.

Have a great day everyone.

-Bryan

Which "notable regulars" were entered this week? :shocked:

Either way great finish!

My tombstone will read " Winner of numerous weekly Tournaments" LOL.

You should come up to Atlanta for the Richard Sweet Memorial or the Seminole Pro Tour in July.

Ray

BryanBpool
06-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Which "notable regulars" were entered this week? :shocked:

Either way great finish!

My tombstone will read " Winner of numerous weekly Tournaments" LOL.

You should come up to Atlanta for the Richard Sweet Memorial or the Seminole Pro Tour in July.

Ray

Justin, Jose, Trevor, and Jason were there.

I havent seen Mike in a few weeks, and I was shocked that Mr Roberts wasnt in it. He's always there.

Thanks! :-)

poolplayer2093
06-17-2010, 08:25 AM
how much cash did you get? how many players were there?

BryanBpool
06-17-2010, 08:31 AM
how much cash did you get? how many players were there?

$85 after the chop...

I think first was supposed to be 100 and second 70..

I want to say there was about 20 playing. I didnt check.

stljohnny
06-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Congrats! I hope to start playing in the few weekly tournaments around here as well.

How often do you see 1st/2nd split instead of play? I hear it's pretty common, but was curious if it really is.

BryanBpool
06-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Congrats! I hope to start playing in the few weekly tournaments around here as well.

How often do you see 1st/2nd split instead of play? I hear it's pretty common, but was curious if it really is.

Ive just recently started playing this tourney regularly (about 3 weeks now) due to most of my time being tied up with APA.

I really cannot comment on how common it is.

The guy in the winners bracket said if I beat him the first match, then he'd be willing to chop...

Like I said, it was like 1230 at that point, and I get up pretty early for work. It isnt worth the chance to win 15-20$ to lose another 30 mins of much needed sleep :-)

poolplayer2093
06-17-2010, 08:39 AM
$85 after the chop...

I think first was supposed to be 100 and second 70..

I want to say there was about 20 playing. I didnt check.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope you do it a few more times:dance: