PDA

View Full Version : Drills Drills Drills!

Thunderball
06-17-2010, 01:54 PM
I know this comes up from time to time. I know I could use one cental place (this thread) to refresh my memory when getting some practice at the table.

I also know google would turn some up, but I'm more interested in drills that actual players find actually helpful when trying get in stroke and loosen up.

So I ask you the all the favor, will you post em one more time?

That way, at the very least, someone can bump this thread when the question comes up.

Please and thanks,
Tball

Matt90
06-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Maybe we could make a sticky just for drills . Would be 1000x's more useful
than another aiming thread :banghead: .When I was doing it this drill helped
me ALOT. Spread all 15 balls out on the table (no clusters) then with ball in
hand run all balls off the table at a very slow pace and pocket speed to where
the ball barely falls in the pocket .Do 5 racks of this per day ....it really helps.If you can run out
all 5 racks at pocket speed you know you are going places ....I got 2 racks and 13 balls on the 3rd so far.

stljohnny
06-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Seriously... a) sticky a drill thread.
b) join this group: http://forums.azbilliards.com/group.php?groupid=26

excellent collection of great drills. not by any means all the drills in the world, but still a good collection, with a measurable and rate-able system.

Tom In Cincy
06-17-2010, 03:22 PM
These are some of the drills I work with while practicing.

They are all designed to require a 'stroke' to execute.

tucson9ball
06-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Set up a ball about 1.5 diamonds from the corner pocket, 1 inch from the long rail. Set the cue ball along the same rail about 2 diamonds from the other corner pocket, also 1 inch from the rail. Try shooting the object ball straight in the hole and draw the cue ball straight back to at least where it started from.
This is a good exercise to see if you are stroking straight through the cue ball and also making sure you follow through.