PDA

View Full Version : Banking maniac

mullyman
06-17-2010, 04:41 PM
I went to the pool hall last night to play a little so I'm not going to Tokyo cold. I've been playing 3 cushion for the last year and have probably only played pocket 5 times or so. I know my pocketing ability is going to be down so I just wanted to get on a pool table and try to get myself into a little form if I could. I gotta say this, I was banking like a fool last night. I had 5 long rail banks and split the pocket every single time. I had 3 or 4 cross side banks and made all of them like they were hangers. I told the guy I was playing with that I should probably just bank everything. hehe!! It felt good. I also hit everything I kicked at and I had one that was just amazing. I used inside, kicked, made the ball and actually came all the way down table and got position on the next ball. I hit a ball coming down table that got me the position I needed. I swear to God I was just trying to hit the ball with some speed in the event that I made it or missed it I'd be down table. It was a total winger but the 2 split the pocket and the cue ball came all the way back up table for position on the 3. I guess playing 3 cushion has helped my kicking and banking game. At least for last night.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@2BNad4CBlF1DUQm1EAQa1FFGo4GAFa3HHeW4ITwG4PUyl2VN ad1Vcpt4kUyl2kaXh2kQDT2kNEg1kRvo4kRKW@

This isn't exact but it's pretty close.
MULLY

Mike in MN
06-17-2010, 05:00 PM
That's like a freakin Efren shot right there. Nice work. It's pretty apparent the 3 cushion play has strengthened your kicks and banks.

mullyman
06-17-2010, 05:11 PM
That's like a freakin Efren shot right there. Nice work. It's pretty apparent the 3 cushion play has strengthened your kicks and banks.

Man, I'll openly admit that although I was hoping to make the 2 and come back down table I never thought for a second that it was going to happen. I pretty much was playing to hit it with enough speed that the cue ball would get back down table. I figured myself to miss on the short side so the 2 would stay up there. The 3 was in a position that there really was only one spot to get to, even though the diagram may not look that way so I just was wanting to get some distance between the cue ball and the 2 because I figured there was no way to get to the 3 regardless of what I left. The God's smiled on me for a shot. I will say right now that if I set that shot up again I give myself 99.9% odds that I won't make it again. HAHA!!!
MULLY

Mike in MN
06-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Question is ... Did you get out of the rack?

mullyman
06-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Question is ... Did you get out of the rack?

I was just going to post that. HA!! That was the shot after the break. When I got the position on the 3 I figured I was out. Hell, you make a shot like that your confidence just soars. Now, the balls in the diagram aren't exact except for the 2 and the 3. I did run everything up to the 9. Had a decent shot on the 9 ball and for some unGodly reason I was warming up with low on the white and was just going to cut in the 9. Then, when I stroked the ball I twisted my stroke to the outside, unintentionally, and the spin threw the 9 to the outside of the pocket. Yeah, I deserve to be kicked dead square in the nuts for that one. Oh well, I won all 4 sets I played last night. First set I played a girl and gave her 6 games to 2. I beat her 6-0. Next I played the owner, when we play it could go either way so we played a race to 6. I won this time 6-4. Then I played a B class player and gave him 6 games to 4 and won the first set 6-3 and the second set 6-1. It was a good time, for me at least. hehe!!
MULLY

I think the 9 was something like this, yeah, you don't even need to say anything, I know.....if only I had used CTE :D

http://CueTable.com/P/?@4IaiW1POmJ@