PDA

View Full Version : A "Real" Offer to Grady

Fast Lenny
06-18-2010, 03:37 AM
Grady, Jimmy would like to play you for $10,000 to $20,000 playing a 7 ahead one pocket match in a neutral territory. You offered this game in front of the whole room at Kolby's saying Jimmy had no shot in the world and he said heads. He said it does not have to be for $20,000, it can be for $10,000 if you like and you have the option to play for 12 hours a day or all the way until its over with. Another thing to show you some gamble and giving you a fair shot after playing you some, he will offer you 9-8. Any questions?

beav99_4life
06-18-2010, 03:39 AM
And let the fireworks begin.

Rak9up
06-18-2010, 03:57 AM
Color of money part 3

Come on,
one more game.
I'm bust.
So let's just
play play.
What?
Play for play.
No money.
Play play?
Show me
what you got.
Lenny.
Grady, I just want
your best game.
I think the money's
throwing you off today.

mlalum
06-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Grady, Jimmy would like to play you for $10,000 to $20,000 playing a 7 ahead one pocket match in a neutral territory. You offered this game in front of the whole room at Kolby's saying Jimmy had no shot in the world and he said heads. He said it does not have to be for $20,000, it can be for $10,000 if you like and you have the option to play for 12 hours a day or all the way until its over with. Another thing to show you some gamble and giving you a fair shot after playing you some, he will offer you 9-8. Any questions?

Really thought you would have let this go Lenny after the previous debacle. Dang. Please delete this before it gets going.

Fast Lenny
06-18-2010, 04:33 AM
Really thought you would have let this go Lenny after the previous debacle. Dang. Please delete this before it gets going.

It is obvious from the countless post by Grady here and on onepocket.org that he cannot let it go so Jimmy asked me to post this on his behalf so Grady has a chance to settle the score.

mlalum
06-18-2010, 04:42 AM
It is obvious from the countless post by Grady here and on onepocket.org that he cannot let it go so Jimmy asked me to post this on his behalf so Grady has a chance to settle the score.

Bad Judgement. You could have let Grady look bad all by himself.

peteypooldude
06-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Bad Judgement. You could have let Grady look bad all by himself.

I seem to use that thing called bad judgment myself sometimes lol
Come to think about it I should be a pro at it :wink::wink:

SpiderWebComm
06-18-2010, 05:48 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Im9hXjHwfvk/SadwyadSXUI/AAAAAAAAACQ/gaZJo_55GRA/s400/richard-simmons.jpg
"Oh my God.... I can't wait to see what happens!"

Apocalypse2017
06-18-2010, 05:52 AM
I'm excited! I love pool like a fat kid loves cake!!!

Maniac
06-18-2010, 06:25 AM

Okay, I'm starting to lose a little respect for some "players" in this scenario. Why in the hell don't Jimmy sign up here on AZB and do his own woofing??? Geez Lenny, you're starting to sound like a carnival barker. I'm assuming Jimmy is a grown man, probably has access to a computer, and can find a few minutes (depending on if he has dial-up or high speed internet :D) in the day to do so, there's no reason that HE shouldn't be the one to issue the challenge here.

This caca's getting old!!! I won't be opening any more "Offer to Grady" threads.

Maniac

murphy
06-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Okay, I'm starting to lose a little respect for some "players" in this scenario. Why in the hell don't Jimmy sign up here on AZB and do his own woofing??? Geez Lenny, you're starting to sound like a carnival barker. I'm assuming Jimmy is a grown man, probably has access to a computer, and can find a few minutes (depending on if he has dial-up or high speed internet :D) in the day to do so, there's no reason that HE shouldn't be the one to issue the challenge here.

This caca's getting old!!! I won't be opening any more "Offer to Grady" threads.

Maniac

I agree. Jimmy needs to man up. And Lenny you need to stop being a gopher.

ShootingArts
06-18-2010, 06:40 AM

Maniac

Sheesh! You know you gotta look. It's just like the tooth I broke last night. I know it's gonna cut my tongue every time I reach over there to check it but . . . . . .

Hu

watchez
06-18-2010, 06:47 AM
Nice post Lenny. I hope Jimmy gets his action.

Grady is a grown man, years in the pool room, he shouldn't have to be handled with kid gloves. Let the chips land where they may.

Woof Biscuit
06-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Nice post Lenny. I hope Jimmy gets his action.

Grady is a grown man, years in the pool room, he shouldn't have to be handled with kid gloves. Let the chips land where they may.

:thumbup2: I stopped feeling sorry for gamblers a long time ago (including myself). If you can't take the loss, emotionally or monetarily, don't put your money in action. It's just that simple.

JustinHayes
06-18-2010, 06:59 AM

Maniac

I read the first post on my phone on the way to work.. and Maniac said just what I was thinking (but beat me to the post)

Lenny, I think you do a lot for pool and from your posts, you seem like a level-headed non-drama kind of guy..... but this is getting personal and I think that Jimmy needs to create an account if the woofing is going to be done here.

Thunderball
06-18-2010, 07:17 AM
I gotta say, I don't see the problem with Lennys post. Not even a little bit. He was asked to post an offer where Grady would see it......even where "the whole room could hear it".

Happens all the time here doesn't it??

I don't see a problem. Grady can pass or pick up the action.

Woof Woof ....nothing more. How anybody thinks Lenny is on the wrong end of it is beyond me.

leehayes
06-18-2010, 07:18 AM
:boring2::boring2::boring2::boring2::boring2::bori ng2::boring2::boring2::boring2::boring2::boring2:: boring2:

easy-e
06-18-2010, 08:04 AM
I gotta say, I don't see the problem with Lennys post. Not even a little bit. He was asked to post an offer where Grady would see it......even where "the whole room could hear it".

Woof Woof ....nothing more. How anybody thinks Lenny is on the wrong end of it is beyond me.

Agreed. Anyone tired of reading this doesn't need to open the thread. go get him Grady!!

JustinHayes
06-18-2010, 08:08 AM
....... Anyone tired of reading this doesn't need to open the thread. ..........

True, and I agree with that... I like reading these posts about a matchup and the woofing.

.... I just think this Jimmy should be doing his own woofing :thumbup:

Maniac
06-18-2010, 08:11 AM

There's not a problem, T-ball. It's just that the whole thing seems a little bit "over-dramatized" what with Lenny doing the woofing instead of Jimmy "manning-up" (as one poster put it), coming on here and doing it himself. What, you gambling poolhall owners got AGENTS now??? :rolleyes: Jiminy Crickets, it's worse than pro baseball.

And Hu, yes, I'll keep rolling my tongue over to "check the tooth" even though I know better :wink:.

Maniac

mikeyfrost
06-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Waiting on Grady. My guess is he won't answer. He'll claim he's taking the high road. This of course is only after he calls all his pool buddies to see if he can round up a stake to play since he probably wouldn't bet his own against a "creep." Perfect post to call out a guy who is running their mouth.

Grady started all this. Looks like Jimmy wants to end it and the only language a lot of people understand is money. Everyone who told me the Celtics would win I immediately asked them to bet something, a few people did but most people act like they cant even hear you. Grady has seen this post no doubt and this thread will show how much of a warrior he is.

Jimmy going to retire Grady!

Thunderball
06-18-2010, 08:20 AM
What, you gambling poolhall owners got AGENTS now??? Jiminy Crickets, it's worse than pro baseball.

LOL...point taken. Perhaps he's working through Lenny because Lenny is a known guy here...and Grady is a known guy here....and there has plenty of dicussion here.

Seems the origination point is here. So why not have a guy who is known here kick over the pile of ants? At least I can see the logic anyhow/

Auto rep delivered for the above quote btw.

Ken_4fun
06-18-2010, 08:22 AM
There's not a problem, T-ball. It's just that the whole thing seems a little bit "over-dramatized" what with Lenny doing the woofing instead of Jimmy "manning-up" (as one poster put it), coming on here and doing it himself. What, you gambling poolhall owners got AGENTS now??? :rolleyes: Jiminy Crickets, it's worse than pro baseball.

And Hu, yes, I'll keep rolling my tongue over to "check the tooth" even though I know better :wink:.

Maniac

Guys -

Relax, there are alot of folks out there that arent too savey with the computers.

There isnt anything wrong with someone else posting for someone.

Lighten up Francis. :thumbup:

Ken

Roy Steffensen
06-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Grady won't accept the offer (originally it was Grady who offered it himself, right?).

To be honest, I think that is the best. Let Jimmy and Grady focus on their poolhall-business' and the rest of us can read aiming-threads.

sausage
06-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Okay, I'm starting to lose a little respect for some "players" in this scenario. Why in the hell don't Jimmy sign up here on AZB and do his own woofing???

Maniac

agreed.... in high school one of the hottest girls in the school wanted to date me but had her friend ask me. i turned the offer down....

mikeyfrost
06-18-2010, 08:29 AM
agreed.... in high school one of the hottest girls in the school wanted to date me but had her friend ask me. i turned the offer down....

You should regret that decision and if you don't get a cast put on that broken wrist.

barber23
06-18-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't see a problem here. In the previous "Grady" post Grady was begging for his money back. I know Grady has gambled enough to know that doesn't happen. So now Jimmy makes a bet that to me is more then fair. How many unknown players do you know would offer a legend a chance to make more money then he originaly lost plus give him a spot. The ball is in your court Grady.

Papa Red
06-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Need to put this on TAR and call it "The Grady Grudge Match".

Ken_4fun
06-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Need to put this on TAR and call it "The Grady Grudge Match".

ID PAY.

Where do I send the money?

Ken

Maniac
06-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Guys -

Relax, there are alot of folks out there that arent too savey with the computers.

There isnt anything wrong with someone else posting for someone.

Lighten up Francis. :thumbup:

Ken

Are you kiddin'??? I'm the lightest guy on this site. If you read my posts, you're not gonna find too many that have "serious" content in them. It's just that sometimes I'm too lazy to look up the little "smiley" emoticons to attach to my words :thumbup: <like this one :wink: < and this one :rolleyes: well, you get the point, eh???

Just havin' some fun with you gamblers, that's all :sorry:.

Have a fine day, Ken!!!

Maniac

backplaying
06-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Lets see,you have one who post a offer to a gamble match,and another who does the same. Who's business is it other than the ones involved? I would think they can post what they like without getting permission from the i hate gamblers crowd! You had one on the other post who said why do you have to play for money,why can't you just play. I could also say to you,why don't you gamble like some do? Why do you play for fun,but thats your business and i don't care. I think we live our own lives as we want to,its our business, and i don't think others need your permission or approval!

mullyman
06-18-2010, 08:48 AM
I go away for a day and come back to this. Nice!! If I had 10grand to toss around I'd bet Grady somehow "misses" this thread. He's not taking the challenge.

Johnnyt
06-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Who in there mind would ever want to see Grady play 1-hole again for big money? There is nobody that is going to skake him after seeing that match. Leave the man alone. He was a champions champion in his day, now he is just a bitter old man that can't leave it go. To me it was very sad to watch that match knowing how good he played at one time. Johnnyt

Maniac
06-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Lets see,you have one who post a offer to a gamble match,and another who does the same. Who's business is it other than the ones involved? I would think they can post what they like without getting permission from the i hate gamblers crowd! You had one on the other post who said why do you have to play for money,why can't you just play. I could also say to you,why don't you gamble like some do? Why do you play for fun,but thats your business and i don't care. I think we live our own lives as we want to,its our business, and i don't think others need your permission or approval!

exoldschoolpro (geez, that's a mouthful :D),

I've said this once and I'll probably have to say it again somewhere down the line. This is a PUBLIC forum. ANY and ALL opinions are welcomed. You do not have to, nor will you, agree with them all. All that join this site have a right, the same as YOU, to put whatever words into their post they wish to convey as long as the forum rules are followed. This is not a site for those of "one-like opinions" to use. You should know by now that there are many varying opinions on here and we all have the right to read them, pass over them, or not open the thread, etc.

Not trying to be condescending, just statin' facts.

Have a good day, and shoot well, my friend :thumbup:!!!

Maniac

CrossSideLarry
06-18-2010, 09:28 AM
If Grady accepts Jim's challenge, I will offer up my house and private table as a neutral venue in Arizona.

Located in an upscale area, (Sun City Grand, Surprise, Arizona) Table is a new Diamond 9 foot Pro Am with Derby City Blue 860 Simonis cloth.

Playing room offers 4 Diamond Spectator chairs and no playing obstructions.

This is the finest neutral playing venue in Arizona on Diamond 9 foot Pro Am and anyone who doubts, can contact "San Jose Dick" or "Darren Appleton" for they have both played on it, on multiple occassions.

Additionally, out of my personal respect and long time admiration for the great Grady Matthews, I will offer up to him, a private living quarter with master bath and total privacy. Private access to forty foot swimming pool included. He is welcome to come a day or two early and practice in private if he chooses.

Fast Lenny can do the live stream with ample room to operate.

If they prefer Las Vegas, I'm sure "Fatboy" would likewise accomodate them.
"Lets get it on"

"Cross-Side-Larry"

"Learn from the best, and beat the rest"

center pocket
06-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Lenny has setup many matches in the past, hes helped me find action on several occasions. Whats the diffrence in Justin from TAR or Lenny from OTR setting up a match? Jimmy is an older guy and probably only uses a computer for email anyways.

dudlock
06-18-2010, 09:33 AM
If Grady accepts Jim's challenge, I will offer up my house and private table as a neutral venue in Arizona.

Located in an upscale area, (Sun City Grand, Surprise, Arizona) Table is a new Diamond 9 foot Pro Am with Derby City Blue 860 Simonis cloth.

Playing room offers 4 Diamond Spectator chairs and no playing obstructions.

This is the finest neutral playing venue in Arizona on Diamond 9 foot Pro Am and anyone who doubts, can contact "San Jose Dick" or "Darren Appleton" for they have both played on it, on multiple occassions.

Additionally, out of my personal respect and long time admiration for the great Grady Matthews, I will offer up to him, a private living quarter with master bath and total privacy. Private access to forty foot swimming pool included. He is welcome to come a day or two early and practice in private if he chooses.

Fast Lenny can do the live stream with ample room to operate.

If they prefer Las Vegas, I'm sure "Fatboy" would likewise accomodate them.
"Lets get it on"

"Cross-Side-Larry"

"Learn from the best, and beat the rest"

That's a great offer, Larry. The way Grady acted like he got beat on so bad, I think he might think that he needs a better spot though.

Roy Steffensen
06-18-2010, 09:49 AM
What's the line on Grady not replying to this thread, but instead starting a new thread and giving his answer there?

CrossSideLarry
06-18-2010, 09:49 AM
That's a great offer, Larry. The way Grady acted like he got beat on so bad, I think he might think that he needs a better spot though.

I agree. Grady can't beat Jimmy with 9 - 8. If he got the break and pick two, however, it might be a different story? Though I did watch and stake Scott Frost a few years back at the DCC when he gave the great Billy Incardona such a bet and walked away with the cash.

Nostroke
06-18-2010, 10:04 AM
I agree. Grady can't beat Jimmy with 9 - 8. If he got the break and pick two, however, it might be a different story? Though I did watch and stake Scott Frost a few years back at the DCC when he gave the great Billy Incardona such a bet and walked away with the cash.

My buddy played Grady 5 years ago. My buddy was getting one ball and Grady quit wanting to play even after he was beat. My buddy recently lost to Ronnie Wiseman getting 12-5, 12-6. The point is GM is so far under what he once was, it's almost hard to believe.

jimmyg
06-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Anyone that watched the last match witnessed Grady with some very obvious physical issues, add in the emotional issues that we all know about and I would say that an offer like this is in really bad taste, an attempt hoping that Grady's ego will get the best of him.

Darwin's theory proven again.

Jim

Curt Bergeest
06-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Let me first say that grady WAS a great player at one time. It appeared that he had some physical condition at play. I feel sorry for him in that he is trying to hold on to the past instead of coming to the understanding that he is not what he used to be.

Having said that, when you lose, you lose get over it. Losing is a part of the game no one likes but it happens to everyone. Grady you have been around long enough to know that.

I played George Rood about 10 years ago when he was in his 80's and very clearly you could see he played a hell of a game, but...not like he used to. He taught me more about One Pocket in 3 hours than my brain could absorb. Grady you may not be able to play as well as before but you still have alot to teach to people. Please don't become bitter old man, you still have alot to offer the One Pocket community take advantage of it.

$TAKE HOR$E
06-18-2010, 10:47 AM
What's the line on Grady not replying to this thread, but instead starting a new thread and giving his answer there?

You want to play a one pocket race to 11 at the DCC for $50.

jrhendy
06-18-2010, 11:23 AM
My buddy played Grady 5 years ago. My buddy was getting one ball and Grady quit wanting to play even after he was beat. My buddy recently lost to Ronnie Wiseman getting 12-5, 12-6. The point is GM is so far under what he once was, it's almost hard to believe.

As Grady's opponent for this match I have pretty much stayed out of these posts, but as an older player I would like to offer my point of view.

Getting old SUCKS sometimes. Your skills go south, loved ones die, you have health problems and if you have been a pool player for 50+ years, you hang on to it the best you can because it has been and still is an important part of your life. It's where you go when things get tough.

I never was a great player. Grady gave me 8/6 and won back in the day. I have been lucky that age has been kind to my pool game and some days I play almost as well as I ever did.

In the last couple of years I have matched up quite a few times for a fair amount of $$. Won some and lost some, but I'm not hanging it up yet and won't til I can't get out there and be competitive.

Think of yourselves when you get there. Wouldn't you rather see us old guys go out kicking and hollering and maybe even pissing and moaning a bit.

John Henderson

Grady
06-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I made an offer in anger, which I'm not obliged to honor.Before I consider playing Jimmy I need a thousand dollar appearance fee and an apology. Next I'll play him in my place for the $10,000 but I want 11 to 8. Everything else in the offer is all right.
I await your disposition.

1on1pooltournys
06-18-2010, 11:48 AM
i made an offer in anger, which i'm not obliged to honor.before i consider playing jimmy i need a thousand dollar appearance fee and an apology. Next i'll play him in my place for the $10,000 but i want 11 to 8. Everything else in the offer is all right.

no action!!!

jimmy-leggs
06-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Apologize for WHAT? For you being a cry baby because he beat your ass.:mad:

Dave Nelson
06-18-2010, 12:08 PM
I made an offer in anger, which I'm not obliged to honor.Before I consider playing Jimmy I need a thousand dollar appearance fee and an apology. Next I'll play him in my place for the $10,000 but I want 11 to 8. Everything else in the offer is all right.

As a non-gambler, I guess Grady is talking about one pocket, what exactly does 11 to 8 mean?

Dave Nelson

Madatmoney
06-18-2010, 12:10 PM
I see Grady has been attending the "Floyd Mayweather school of matching up".
Why would he give you 1K? Was that supposed to have been offered to you for the Henderson match?

If I were Jimmy and or Lenny I would let this go. It's quite obvious he doesn't want game. But instead of just saying no he makes an offer that he knows jimmy won't except........What a very small man.......

HouseMan
06-18-2010, 12:13 PM
http://www.concurringopinions.com/archives/images/lemonysnicket.jpg

muddawg
06-18-2010, 12:13 PM
1k appearance fee translates to refund of the money he won off of Grady in Arizona

mikeyfrost
06-18-2010, 12:14 PM
As a non-gambler, I guess Grady is talking about one pocket, what exactly does 11 to 8 mean?

Dave Nelson

11 to 8 = Grady don't want to play. No seriously it's a spot so Jimmy would need to make 11 balls before Grady makes 8 balls. The game would basically start with Jimmy oweing 3 balls, that's how they make up the extra balls. I don't know if it was a rhetorical question but I'll answer as if you were serious.

oldzilla
06-18-2010, 12:15 PM
1k appearance fee translates to refund of the money he won off of Grady in Arizona

True dat !!!

Eric.
06-18-2010, 12:16 PM
I made an offer in anger, which I'm not obliged to honor.Before I consider playing Jimmy I need a thousand dollar appearance fee and an apology. .

I think Jimmy's apology was "Hey Grady, up yours with the spot, ok?" :o

Eric

mbvl
06-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Grady,

You left out a couple of contract items. You didn't say how much Jimmy's appearance fee will be, and you forgot to say that if he loses you will apologize and give him his money back.

Mark

Roy Steffensen
06-18-2010, 12:20 PM
You want to play a one pocket race to 11 at the DCC for $50.

Sure, but I need an apperance fee

rbpwrd240
06-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Grady?!?

Wow 1k to show up to your own place? Come on I have stayed out of all of this bashing and mashing, as a silent reader till now I must say im disapointed. As others have commented we all loose.

At BCA nationals my new sponsors came along, they saw me get beat out in two rounds then in one round in the second chance. This was the first event they backed me in. Their response to the situation was...

"Okay now you have done the loosing its time to do some winning"

Grady I hope you do the same but an appearance fee to your own pool hall!?!:rolleyes:

Mike in MN
06-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I may quit my job, buy some popcorn, and follow this thread 24 hours a day for the forseeable future.

Grady
06-18-2010, 12:49 PM
You guys are beautiful, as usual. Which one of you has played 40 or 50 matches for ten thousand or more, like I have, usually betting my own money and always in tough games?
Here are some fairly recent matches I played, including who won and who lost: Nate gave me 10 t0 8 for $10,000. He won the first four games and I won 6 in a row to win.
I shot between Squirrel and Harold from Tuscaloosa even one pocket for $10,000. I won 8 games to 5.
Justin Cone gave me 20 to 10 in balls for $10,000. I won but it went hill hill.
Later he gave me 16 to 8, same bet and he won hill hill.
Sparky gave me 11 to 8 and beat so badly that I gave up, for $8,000
Listen, I started off badly with this Jimmy. I get plenty of action.SO I'm going to think I have the best of it if I play him.

Spimp13
06-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Booyah!!!!

daphish1
06-18-2010, 01:18 PM
You guys are beautiful, as usual. Which one of you has played 40 or 50 matches for ten thousand or more, like I have, usually betting my own money and always in tough games?
Here are some fairly recent matches I played, including who won and who lost: Nate gave me 10 t0 8 for $10,000. He won the first four games and I won 6 in a row to win.
I shot between Squirrel and Harold from Tuscaloosa even one pocket for $10,000. I won 8 games to 5.
Listen, I started off badly with this Jimmy. I get plenty of action.SO I'm going to think I have the best of it if I play him.

No offense, but you're still playing all these big $$$$ gambling matches why get so bent out of shape for a measly $800. The other $200 you bet on the rail and didn't have anything to do with Jimmy (at least thats my understanding).

jimmy-leggs
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
no offense, but you're still playing all these big $$$$ gambling matches why get so bent out of shape for a measly $800. The other $200 you bet on the rail and didn't have anything to do with jimmy (at least thats my understanding).
exactly ! Lol

sopadre
06-18-2010, 01:38 PM
GRADY is really showing his true colors now. He cant go much lower.I actually feel sorry for him as a pool player and a person.He is totally out of touch with reality ,honesty and integrity.The CON in him just cant let go!!!

Mike in MN
06-18-2010, 01:40 PM
<----- Has his popcorn. Calling his boss to tender his resignation. Things are getting good.

mullyman
06-18-2010, 01:47 PM
You guys remember my "Mike Tyson" post in the other thread? Here's an update.....

Mike Tyson has come out offered to fight Pee Wee Herman. Pee Wee has to have both hands tied behind his back and Mike gets to use a tire iron.

Grady, please. Why should Jimmy even entertain that offer? You're the one that's been jaded over this and have been slandering the man. Not to mention totally knocking his action. Retire from big money pool now while you can still walk away with a shred if dignity.

DRW
06-18-2010, 01:57 PM
If this happens, it will be a gambling match, not an exhibition. An appearance fee is just more entitlement crap.:(

Grady
06-18-2010, 02:10 PM
I give up. I'm outa' here for a while. Go slaughter someone else.

Dagwoodz
06-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Sure, but I need an apperance fee

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/21/0207.LMAO.jpg

jimmy-leggs
06-18-2010, 02:42 PM

SEE YA:thumbup:

stuckart
06-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Grady's Trap here is brilliant?

He comes to Arizona, Loses 3 to John, 1 to Jimmy, 1 for expenses so he's stuck 5.

He chose to play at Kolby's and have it streamed for the world to see on OTR.

He 1 stroked every shot and played really bad and blamed it on the elements.

He laid down in all the matches and then came on here with some of the dumbest comments I've ever heard (Equal to the same crap you hear from people trying to hustle/match up everyday).

Everyone bit on the whole gimmick and he's now getting a game for 10. Which wouldn't seem worth it, right, BUT, how many of you are willing to bet against him now?

Brilliant Grady!!

ChicagoRJ
06-18-2010, 04:33 PM

Ummm, you put the gun to your head, then proceeded by pulling the trigger and we are to blame for the "slaughter". And you continue to blame the owner, Lenny, anyone on here who does not agree with your ranting and childish behavior.

Sorry dude, a simple I"m sorry I was having a bad day would have sufficed and you would have been hailed as a gentlemen even when you were way off base to start.

But even with days to think about it, it is still everyone else's fault but your own. It was only a grand for heavens sake and you are fair game just like anyone else. If you cannot take the heat anymore, you need to stay out of the kitchen. Doesn't mean you are toast, just spend more time as an instructor, columnist, speaker, writer, whatever, just not in the battlefield anymore. There are guys in Iraq that lost an arm and leg that biotch less then you after losing chicken feed. Go ahead, light me up if you want Grady fans, but I'm still a Grady fan, just a little less than before......

alstl
06-18-2010, 04:37 PM

It won't be me, I'm already slaughtered. I can barely walk from my chair to the kitchen with this damn vertigo. Whatever your problems are, be thankful you aren't like me...and next time adjust the game in your favor based upon what you know you can do.

You are going to be fine Grady, hang in there partner.

Nostroke
06-18-2010, 04:48 PM
It won't be me, I'm already slaughtered. I can barely walk from my chair to the kitchen with this damn vertigo. Whatever your problems are, be thankful you aren't like me...and next time adjust the game in your favor based upon what you know you can do.

You are going to be fine Grady, hang in there partner.

did you try meclizine? It killed my Vertigo twice.

greyghost
06-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Just more proof that I think RESPECT isn't something you can earn on a pool table.

The measure of a man aint the length of his stroke my friends

8&snap
06-18-2010, 05:07 PM

I got to try this schit with the wife on pay day, "i want appearance fees to show up at my own room", HA!!! thats funny right there

mullyman
06-18-2010, 05:30 PM

20 to 10? And you just squeeked it out at hill/hill? And you brag about that? All these years I was thinking you were a great player. Seems I was wrong on that. You're just a gambler that makes games in your favor. 20 to 10 and going hill/hill is almost embarrassing.

So, I'm beginning to see that you're not looking to restore your pride by playing Jimmy under the same terms as before...and winning, you just want to bend everything in your favor and rob the guy. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that I admired you all these years and thought you were a great player and a stand up guy. You would actually strut your stuff and pound your chest if Jimmy took this.....offer (cough) and you.....won. I surely wouldn't call it a win though. Sad, just sad.
MULLY

Fast Lenny
06-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I think we have 2 types of people here, some want to see the score settled on the table and others who say leave Grady be. I am posting on Jimmy's behalf, he is not computer savvy being "Gomer Pyle" and it does take time to get a user name approved and to post. He saw some of the things Grady wrote in about 5-6 different threads here and on One Pocket.org all over a measly $800.

Grady commented he thinks Jimmy is a weak player, said he had just got off the plane and was on a new table that he was not familiar with so he was at a big disadvantage. Well in a neutral place as Grady offered to Jimmys face with an even game for $20,000 Jimmy has accepted. He will not play in Gradys room after what he has dealt with, he will play him in a neutral room and give the spot of 9-8, 11-8 is probably way out line but I will show Jimmy this thread and see where it leads. We are just trying to make a game here folks, if you do not like it then skip rope, if you want to see it then hang out.

I believe Grady can play better then he showed in Arizona and he said he can himself. If Grady will not make a game in a neutral room then we are done, Jimmy will not go to Gradys room. I have a room owner who offered to give both players hotel rooms, food/drink comped if they come out to play in California. It is obvious both want to beat the other and its a grudge match so I guess we will have to figure out a fair game for both of them to play and that they agree on.

I posted this thread respectfully without any name calling, Jimmy is not happy about someone going on and on over a measly $800, if Jimmy was trying to lay down a hustle he would have broke even with Grady and waited for the bet to jump up down the road. He knew Grady was a champion and out of respect he played hard and won. Here is Gradys chance to settle the score if he feels wronged, trust me Jimmy feels like he was wronged with how badly he was bashed on here and in his own room over a game that Grady made and did not have to play at all.

SpiderWebComm
06-18-2010, 06:00 PM

"CaliRed".
06-18-2010, 06:23 PM
I am posting on Jimmy's behalf.
Grady commented he thinks Jimmy is a weak player.
Well in a neutral place as Grady offered to Jimmys face with an even game for $20,000.
Jimmy has accepted.
I will show Jimmy this thread and see where it leads.
If Grady will not make a game in a neutral room then we are done, Jimmy will not go to Gradys room.
Jimmy is not happy about someone going on and on over a measly $800
Jimmy was trying to lay down a hustle he would have broke eventrust me Jimmy feels like he was wronged with how badly he was bashed on here

massive snipage, in order to setup the youtube clip:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc

alstl
06-18-2010, 07:38 PM
did you try meclizine? It killed my Vertigo twice.

Yes, I took it twice today. I hope when I wake up in the morning I will be fine.

If Christopher Reeves woke up and he could walk but was a little dizzy he would have been the happiest man in the world. Everything is relative.

teedotaj
06-18-2010, 08:01 PM
massive snipage, in order to setup the youtube clip:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc

lol hahaha

sunnyone
06-18-2010, 08:10 PM
ok ... let's posit that jimmy wants to play grady and that grady wants to play jimmy.

and ... let's further stipulate that the reasons -- revenge, ego, money, whatever -- are off the discussion-table for the purpose of making the match happen.

then ... couldn't the two of them -- jimmy and grady -- do what grady and henny did ... have a telephone conversation, agree to the terms and then match up?

it might be easier to do boy-to-boy without the railbird (is that the correct word?) scrutiny? i probably should have said mano-a-mano!

i'm learning to love the woofing -- as part of the poolroom culture -- but in my little business world where i consult with real companies for actual compensation ... there comes a time to agree to move forward. or not.

relatively new to pool, but interested in conflict resolution,

sunny

p. s. i hope this didn't sound too dumb!

stevelomako
06-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I think we have 2 types of people here, some want to see the score settled on the table and others who say leave Grady be. I am posting on Jimmy's behalf, he is not computer savvy being "Gomer Pyle" and it does take time to get a user name approved and to post. He saw some of the things Grady wrote in about 5-6 different threads here and on One Pocket.org all over a measly $800.

Grady commented he thinks Jimmy is a weak player, said he had just got off the plane and was on a new table that he was not familiar with so he was at a big disadvantage. Well in a neutral place as Grady offered to Jimmys face with an even game for $20,000 Jimmy has accepted. He will not play in Gradys room after what he has dealt with, he will play him in a neutral room and give the spot of 9-8, 11-8 is probably way out line but I will show Jimmy this thread and see where it leads. We are just trying to make a game here folks, if you do not like it then skip rope, if you want to see it then hang out.

I believe Grady can play better then he showed in Arizona and he said he can himself. If Grady will not make a game in a neutral room then we are done, Jimmy will not go to Gradys room. I have a room owner who offered to give both players hotel rooms, food/drink comped if they come out to play in California. It is obvious both want to beat the other and its a grudge match so I guess we will have to figure out a fair game for both of them to play and that they agree on.

I posted this thread respectfully without any name calling, Jimmy is not happy about someone going on and on over a measly $800, if Jimmy was trying to lay down a hustle he would have broke even with Grady and waited for the bet to jump up down the road. He knew Grady was a champion and out of respect he played hard and won. Here is Gradys chance to settle the score if he feels wronged, trust me Jimmy feels like he was wronged with how badly he was bashed on here and in his own room over a game that Grady made and did not have to play at all.

This would have NEVER happened in my room...NEVER!!!

It started with Grady putting out a challenge to John Henderson and you piped up wanting to have it at Kolby's...please let me stream it, please, please, please let me stream it, please, please, please.

Grady showed up on his own dime to get away from alot of problems for a few days and have a match with John. He goes in the pool room and the players there wolf at him a little (which is OK, they really didn't need to but they're pool players) and somehow the OWNER gets involved.

It doesnt matter how. The owner needed to put a stop to it, especially when he got invoved.

Someone flies across the country to his pool room to do a little exhibition gambling match in his room that he was invited to and now he's gonna horsef#ck him out of a few dollars???????

I don't care what happened, I wouldn't have done it myself and the owner is a nit for playing. He said it was a measly amount anyway...SO WHY DID HE PLAY???? I don't care how bad things are, I'm not going to screw someone that was invited to my pool room for a match.

If he matched up with one of the players in there I wouldn't be writing this..........but GOD DAMN IT!!! HE WAS INVITED THERE!!!

Fast Lenny......You really are a piece of work with your dumb act..."I didn't know what was going on"...but I could be wrong, it might not be an act. If thats the case I owe you an apology because you really are an idiot and aren't responsible for your stupidity.

I don't know how Scott makes a ball with you around him puttin so much weight on his nutz.

Why dont you play yourself????

I'll make this offer........You and Jimmy come to Detroit and I'll have Grady play Jimmy the 10-8 he generously offered and you and I can play. We alternate our games and play 15 ahead for the 20k.

You guys pay your own way here like Grady did there and you can stream it.

Like I said in the beginning, it would have NEVER happened for me and I know a ton of good players that own rooms that wouldn't have let it happen either.

jay helfert
06-18-2010, 08:22 PM
ok ... let's posit that jimmy wants to play grady and that grady wants to play jimmy.

and ... let's further stipulate that the reasons -- revenge, ego, money, whatever -- are off the discussion-table for the purpose of making the match happen.

then ... couldn't the two of them -- jimmy and grady -- do what grady and henny did ... have a telephone conversation, agree to the terms and then match up?

it might be easier to do boy-to-boy without the railbird (is that the correct word?) scrutiny? i probably should have said mano-a-mano!

i'm learning to love the woofing -- as part of the poolroom culture -- but in my little business world where i consult with real companies for actual compensation ... there comes a time to agree to move forward. or not.

relatively new to pool, but interested in conflict resolution,

sunny

p. s. i hope this didn't sound too dumb!

Sunny, "conflict resolution" has nothing to do with making this match happen. It just doesn't work that way in the pool world. What you are watching is a dialogue that is going no where, except into the ether.

I won't go into all the reasons why I believe that to be true, other than to say I've seen stuff like this before and can see where it's headed. No where'sville! It's just a lot of hot air that wouldn't warm a hummingbird's ass. :wink:

SpiderWebComm
06-18-2010, 08:38 PM

It started with Grady putting out a challenge to John Henderson and you piped up wanting to have it at Kolby's...please let me stream it, please, please, please let me stream it, please, please, please.

Grady showed up on his own dime to get away from alot of problems for a few days and have a match with John. He goes in the pool room and the players there wolf at him a little (which is OK, they really didn't need to but they're pool players) and somehow the OWNER gets involved.

It doesnt matter how. The owner needed to put a stop to it, especially when he got invoved.

Someone flies across the country to his pool room to do a little exhibition gambling match in his room that he was invited to and now he's gonna horsef#ck him out of a few dollars???????

I don't care what happened, I wouldn't have done it myself and the owner is a nit for playing. He said it was a measly amount anyway...SO WHY DID HE PLAY???? I don't care how bad things are, I'm not going to screw someone that was invited to my pool room for a match.

If he matched up with one of the players in there I wouldn't be writing this..........but GOD DAMN IT!!! HE WAS INVITED THERE!!!

Fast Lenny......You really are a piece of work with your dumb act..."I didn't know what was going on"...but I could be wrong, it might not be an act. If thats the case I owe you an apology because you really are an idiot and aren't responsible for your stupidity.

I don't know how Scott makes a ball with you around him puttin so much weight on his nutz.

I'll make this offer........You and Jimmy come to Detroit and I'll have Grady play Jimmy the 10-8 he generously offered and you and I can play. We alternate our games and play 15 ahead for the 20k.

Like I said in the beginning, it would have NEVER happened for me and I know a ton of good players that own rooms that wouldn't have let it happen either.

Steve,

You're aware that Grady asked Jimmy to gamble and then offered him a ball on top of it, right? So, how is Jimmy in the wrong?

I'm really lost with your logic. The last time I checked, Grady's an ADULT.

Let WHAT happen... beating someone out of $800????? Not $8000, but $800. For Grady to complain over $800 when he instigated the action isn't right.

I bet if we took a poll of all AZB viewers (who are pool players just like you and me), the breakdown would be somewhere between 75%-25% and 80%-20% in favor of Jimmy's position. Never know, it might be as high as 90%-10%. You're making it sound like they heisted Grady.

I'll never be the player Grady is/was, I'll never gamble what he has.... and you'll NEVER see me cry over $800 that I lost because of my own action. I was robbed at gun point with the pistol touching my nose and I never cried about that (and that WAS a heist).

If I ever start an international incident over $800 (ANY scenario), someone shoot me.

I always respect your posts and LOVE your stories - but we're respectfully on opposite sides on this one. Even though I'm Grady's biggest fan, at least I can make this post and say he was flat-wrong.

Respectfully,
Dave

Blue Hog ridr
06-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Nothing wrong with an appearance fee. I get one 5 days a week along with
a work incentive. Appear at work on time or get fired.

But, Grady woofed for a second match, 10K and now wants an appearance fee to show up for his own woof.
There was a time when Grady posted about not getting an invite to the large one pocket invitational. I stuck up and felt terrible for him because I felt that a champ like Grady to not get an invite was akin to a slap in the face. Now, I couldn't give a sh it what happens to him. Seems like Dragon Promotions or whoever was putting it on didn't want Grady around either and maybe they had good reason.
Sorry Grady, you brought it all on yourself. Funny how things change. Hero to zero in under 60 seconds.

SpiderWebComm
06-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't know why, but this video reminds me of this thread.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

dabarbr
06-18-2010, 09:23 PM

Soooooooooooo true. lol. Rep to you for this.

sunnyone
06-18-2010, 09:24 PM
am i to assume that because you have decades of experience, near-universal admiration in the pool world, and probably know all of the people involved -- while none of the above applies to me -- am i to assume you know more about this thread-subject than do i?

well ...

sunny

RiverCity
06-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Anyone that watched the last match witnessed Grady with some very obvious physical issues, add in the emotional issues that we all know about and I would say that an offer like this is in really bad taste, an attempt hoping that Grady's ego will get the best of him.

Darwin's theory proven again.

Jim

TAP TAP TAP
Chuck

dabarbr
06-18-2010, 09:49 PM
I think that some family member or a good friend needs to come forward and be with Grady when he feels the need to match up. Grady is putting up challenges left and right without much thought. It seems to me that he is not thinking rationally and needs some friendly guidance.

I hope that if I ever get this way that one of my friends would take the initiative to step up to the plate with a little guidance and help me out. It's the Sh!ts to get old.

Bigtruck
06-18-2010, 10:01 PM
I think that some family member or a good friend needs to come forward and be with Grady when he feels the need to match up. Grady is putting up challenges left and right without much thought. It seems to me that he is not thinking rationally and needs some friendly guidance.

I hope that if I ever get this way that one of my friends would take the initiative to step up to the plate with a little guidance and help me out. It's the Sh!ts to get old.

Tap Tap Tap...

Ray

stuckart
06-18-2010, 10:05 PM

Um, WOW, you pretty much got everything wrong in your little rant.

What's the name of your pool room. I want to make sure I don't ever stop in there. I'd hate to offer to play someone for warm up and state that I don't play cheap and have no one take me up on the offer cause I'm playing some 'little exhibition'.

Wow!

jimmyg
06-18-2010, 10:05 PM

There always seem to be more vultures than friends. And do we dare listen when we fear the truth we hear.

I hope so as well.

Jim

Fast Lenny
06-18-2010, 10:35 PM

Actually I offered to stream it after San Jose Dick suggested that they play at Kolbys, the only stream I asked to stream was Borana and OMGWTF. I do not care what you think of me but Grady was coming out to play for $3,000, he was coming there to gamble not for an exhibition. The talk about benefiting the room was about 20 people sitting around watching, I am sure the room made a ton of money from that, lmao.

I do not know Grady so when he was asked to play by one guy and decided to match up with the room owner I stepped aside, was I supposed to stop Grady from playing Jimmy?, they are adults trying to match up. Jimmy is a nit for playing Grady who asked him to gamble?, hmmm. Why did Jimmy play was your question, well he thought he would be a nit if he did not give Grady some action, I mean Grady was there for action. :rolleyes:

I wont go and call you an idiot and whatever else, I wont call you anything. I can tell you this that the last thing I expected was for Grady to walk into the room and get into action in 30 minutes. I also did not know how Grady played never having seen him play except for Accustats. I was asked by my friend Jimmy to post an offer after Grady has went on and posted so much BS on the internet about him which is untrue.

You know what Steve, your right about it all, our big plan was for Grady to come out so we could fleece him for $800 and chop it up. You know something else I am pretty stupid for streaming pool on my own dime for the past 2 years not making anything, perhaps in a few more months I will stop doing that also because I am going to smarten up some.

Time to focus on the money side of pool instead of giving it all away. For those of you with half a brain will realize I am not controlled by money nor will I ever be and am just being facetious. I usually have good intentions but sometimes things do not work out that way.

As for Scott he is my friend, I am certainly not a nut hugger, we both laugh about this man crush talk whatever crap on here. I just try to promote him and help him to succeed. I am just trying to help the guy to do something good with his talent and he has been doing very well the past 2-3 years since we became friends and appreciates what I have done for him.

As for playing you I will decline that offer, you play too good for me, I will play though with a $50,000 appearance fee and will bet $20,000 of it with you giving me 10-5 and the breaks. I had a $1000 set 2 weeks ago, I was asked to play the day before it and I declined so I could practice for my match which is what Grady should have done. To be quite honest I do not care what you think, he came out to gamble with John, chose to gamble with the room owner. I have no ill will towards Grady and am posting on behalf of the room owner so now I am the bad guy. I would like to hear where I am wrong here. The room owner is not calling names, just offering to make a game.

Take care Steve and these guys had some questions for you from your profile. Sounds like things you get involved in are all organized and without problems too, your a genius! :wink:

------------

steve, didn't know if you got my last email but i would like some response. i wrote last week that bernie and i (from canada) were very dissappointed in your room at the derby. we could never get a table and no one seemed in control. we found are cards by accident, not that it meant much. there was no schedule for table time and seemed very discorganized. it was the biggest waste of $50 ever. what gives...am i or did i miss something. no one knew anything in the room...jack from windsor
--------------

Just wondering what you ever did with the case I built that was supposed to be raffled or given away to anyone supporting the AZ room at the DCC 2010.

Dagwoodz
06-18-2010, 11:00 PM
They should have a soap opera named "How the 8-ball rolls" or "Strokes of Our Lives"... It's like a bad horror show...I don't want to watch, but am compelled to continue reading. OH LUDWIG VAN!

http://www-tc.pbs.org/wgbh/cultureshock/flashpoints/theater/images/clockwork_big.jpg

stevelomako
06-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Actually I offered to stream it after San Jose Dick suggested that they play at Kolbys, the only stream I asked to stream was Borana and OMGWTF. I do not care what you think of me but Grady was coming out to play for $3,000, he was coming there to gamble not for an exhibition. The talk about benefiting the room was about 20 people sitting around watching, I am sure the room made a ton of money from that, lmao.

I do not know Grady so when he was asked to play by one guy and decided to match up with the room owner I stepped aside, was I supposed to stop Grady from playing Jimmy?, they are adults trying to match up. Jimmy is a nit for playing Grady who asked him to gamble?, hmmm. Why did Jimmy play was your question, well he thought he would be a nit if he did not give Grady some action, I mean Grady was there for action. :rolleyes:

I wont go and call you an idiot and whatever else, I wont call you anything. I can tell you this that the last thing I expected was for Grady to walk into the room and get into action in 30 minutes. I also did not know how Grady played never having seen him play except for Accustats. I was asked by my friend Jimmy to post an offer after Grady has went on and posted so much BS on the internet about him which is untrue.

You know what Steve, your right about it all, our big plan was for Grady to come out so we could fleece him for $800 and chop it up. You know something else I am pretty stupid for streaming pool on my own dime for the past 2 years not making anything, perhaps in a few more months I will stop doing that also because I am going to smarten up some.

Time to focus on the money side of pool instead of giving it all away. For those of you with half a brain will realize I am not controlled by money nor will I ever be and am just being facetious. I usually have good intentions but sometimes things do not work out that way.

As for Scott he is my friend, I am certainly not a nut hugger, we both laugh about this man crush talk whatever crap on here. I just try to promote him and help him to succeed. I am just trying to help the guy to do something good with his talent and he has been doing very well the past 2-3 years since we became friends and appreciates what I have done for him.

As for playing you I will decline that offer, you play too good for me, I will play though with a $50,000 appearance fee and will bet $20,000 of it with you giving me 10-5 and the breaks. I had a $1000 set 2 weeks ago, I was asked to play the day before it and I declined so I could practice for my match which is what Grady should have done. To be quite honest I do not care what you think, he came out to gamble with John, chose to gamble with the room owner. I have no ill will towards Grady and am posting on behalf of the room owner so now I am the bad guy. I would like to hear where I am wrong here. The room owner is not calling names, just offering to make a game.

Take care Steve and these guys had some questions for you from your profile. Sounds like things you get involved in are all organized and without problems too, your a genius! :wink:

------------

--------------

I guess if people don't get it about taking somebody off that was invited to their room for a exhibition gambling match with someone else they never will.

The guy aint on the road...he came to play John...all the owner had to do was say "play somebody else".

As for your other stuff, SWEET you can run the AZ room next year.

Jack Justis would like to give away a case he donated to the people that paid for the room in 2009, pick a number from 1-70 (Seriously Lenny) and we'll see who I can ship it to. I'll tell you where to look for the names after you pick a number.

gunzby
06-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Grady,

You had my sympathies until you asked for an apology. From my understanding of the prior events (as well as most others understanding) it is you that should be giving the apology.

While I know what happens in a pool hall can sometimes be quite dastardly I still consider it first and foremost a gentleman's sport. I urge you to at least give the amount of respect to the game that I have for you, or at least for what you have accomplished.

nathandumoulin
06-18-2010, 11:58 PM
*duplicate post*

nathandumoulin
06-19-2010, 12:02 AM

Just ignore this guy Lenny. He wasn't there, has heard only one side of the story, and is just making poor assumptions. It's quite typical really, pointing the finger over something he knows nothing about. :(

Anyone who has any common sense knows how much effort you've put forth to promote this game over the past 2 years. You're a stand up guy, and even if you are in the wrong here (which I don't feel that you are), this is only one small mistake next to a hundred great things you've done.

Dagwoodz
06-19-2010, 12:26 AM
You're a stand up guy, and even if you are in the wrong here (which I don't feel that you are), this is only one small mistake next to a hundred great things you've done.

Nathan,

Just to play a devil's advocate here. Don't know if you've served in the military or not, but having served for the past 12 years, I've seen that for the most part, one "Oh SH*T" will erase countless "Atta' Boys".

I've also been a Goalkeeper for the past 20+ years. And I can say first hand that keeping a clean sheet up till the 89th minute, making numerous heroic saves, then letting in the winning goal with less than a minute left still makes you the culprit. Unfortunate, you say? Absolutely.

With that being said, I'm not going to take sides by decrying one side or the other. It's not going to keep me from grabbing a couple packs of Ho-Ho's, twizzlers, and a bottle of NightTrain and enjoy the fireworks from the on-going soap opera.

**waiting eagerly for the next installment of All My Wagers** ;);):D:D

nathandumoulin
06-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Just to play a devil's advocate here. Don't know if you've served in the military or not, but having served for the past 12 years, I've seen that for the most part, one "Oh SH*T" will erase countless "Atta' Boys".

I hear what you're saying, but there's one big difference here. Lenny hasn't "Oh SH*T".....it's only speculative based on some very loose assumptions.

And I agree, I'm staying clear of the fray on this one. I merely wanted to support Lenny after seeing this guy talk shit about him over a fractured story he read...online....told by an old man who is riddled with emotion. Not exactly grounds for saying such things to one of the forums most respected members.

Dagwoodz
06-19-2010, 12:39 AM
I hear what you're saying, but there's one big difference here. Lenny hasn't "Oh SH*T".....it's only speculative based on some very loose assumptions.

And I agree, I'm staying clear of the fray on this one. I merely wanted to support Lenny after seeing this guy talk shit about him over a fractured story he read...online....told by an old man who is riddled with emotion. Not exactly grounds for saying such things to one of the forums most respected members.

Right with you on this one Nathan, and not saying that he necessarily did anything wrong here. Like I ended my previous post with...there's so much he said/I heard this guy say, etc...that it's like a bad day time soap opera. Hence the dubbing, "All My Wagers"...this NightTrain is really hitting the spot....especially with the Ho-Ho's.

beav99_4life
06-19-2010, 01:07 AM
I guess if people don't get it about taking somebody off that was invited to their room for a exhibition gambling match with someone else they never will.

The guy aint on the road...he came to play John...all the owner had to do was say "play somebody else".

As for your other stuff, SWEET you can run the AZ room next year.

Jack Justis would like to give away a case he donated to the people that paid for the room in 2009, pick a number from 1-70 (Seriously Lenny) and we'll see who I can ship it to. I'll tell you where to look for the names after you pick a number.

You keep saying exhibition gambling match. This wasn't an exhibition. It was a gambling match that the two players worked out on their own that happened to be streamed at a neutral pool hall. They weren't paid and agreed for it to be streamed.

LAlouie
06-19-2010, 01:08 AM

Why are you taking advantage of an old man who goes looney tunes on azb every chance he gets.

jungledude
06-19-2010, 01:12 AM
I honestly don't think anyone originally was trying to take advantage of Grady (certainly not Mr. John Henderson) but now that it has become obvious that Grady is suffering with some physical and possibly emotional problems I think we should all step back and remember this was one of our sports premier players for many years and he should be given some respect and allow him his dignity. I saw Jimmy Caras play in his late years and he couldn't make three balls in a row but the pool crowd wasn't trying to match up with him out of respect. Fatboy recognized the problem, pool gambling is extremely addictive, and Grady has been addicted for so many years he is having trouble accepting that he can no longer seek the highs he was so used to getting from pool gambling and he may need to get some medical help to beat these urges. I too miss the days of yesteryear
and I certainly wouldn't like anyone taking advantage of me even if I may
have brought it on myself. I was dumped for a very large sum of money by a well known bar table player and then given a dose of scopolmine which almost killed me in the same year. Needless to say the two guys who dumped and jarred me didn't fare well, one went to prison for selling dope, the other suffered a stroke and can no longer play, so it seems that someone upstairs is watching. This is not to say that Jimmy or Lenny has done anything to Grady, it's evident that they haven't, but let the man have his dignity and drop the whole thing and hopefully someone close to Grady will try and get him some help. God Bless you all and I hope I haven't offended anyone here.

JasonCrugar
06-19-2010, 01:47 AM
I honestly don't think anyone originally was trying to take advantage of Grady (certainly not Mr. John Henderson) but now that it has become obvious that Grady is suffering with some physical and possibly emotional problems I think we should all step back and remember this was one of our sports premier players for many years and he should be given some respect and allow him his dignity. I saw Jimmy Caras play in his late years and he couldn't make three balls in a row but the pool crowd wasn't trying to match up with him out of respect. Fatboy recognized the problem, pool gambling is extremely addictive, and Grady has been addicted for so many years he is having trouble accepting that he can no longer seek the highs he was so used to getting from pool gambling and he may need to get some medical help to beat these urges. I too miss the days of yesteryear
and I certainly wouldn't like anyone taking advantage of me even if I may
have brought it on myself. I was dumped for a very large sum of money by a well known bar table player and then given a dose of scopolmine which almost killed me in the same year. Needless to say the two guys who dumped and jarred me didn't fare well, one went to prison for selling dope, the other suffered a stroke and can no longer play, so it seems that someone upstairs is watching. This is not to say that Jimmy or Lenny has done anything to Grady, it's evident that they haven't, but let the man have his dignity and drop the whole thing and hopefully someone close to Grady will try and get him some help. God Bless you all and I hope I haven't offended anyone here.

great post man. hopefully this thread dies here. Lenny im not saying you are wrong here, but sometimes you gotta be the bigger man and just let the old dog bark.

JAM
06-19-2010, 02:00 AM
great post man. hopefully this thread dies here. Lenny im not saying you are wrong here, but sometimes you gotta be the bigger man and just let the old dog bark.

When I grow old (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOcIWo6Hdfg)

cuetechasaurus
06-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Guys, please give Grady a break, out of respect for his age, and out of respect for the player that he once was.

strokerace
06-19-2010, 02:51 AM
Im Strokerace and i do hope that this is

The REST of this Story...Good Night..::wave3:

Blue Hog ridr
06-19-2010, 03:09 AM
attn: mr. jay! - Yesterday, 09:24 PM
am i to assume that because you have decades of experience, near-universal admiration in the pool world, and probably know all of the people involved -- while none of the above applies to me -- am i to assume you know more about this thread-subject than do i?

Ummm, no. Hes saying that an egg yolk knows more than you do.

JasonCrugar
06-19-2010, 03:39 AM

i think he was saying, no matter how much furniture polish you put on a turd, it will always be a turd lol.

Dagwoodz
06-19-2010, 03:44 AM
i think he was saying, no matter how much furniture polish you put on a turd, it will always be a turd lol.

Mythbusters proved that you can indeed polish a turd however to a high sheen. Just sayin'...

Fast Lenny
06-19-2010, 03:47 AM
This is not to say that Jimmy or Lenny has done anything to Grady, it's evident that they haven't, but let the man have his dignity and drop the whole thing and hopefully someone close to Grady will try and get him some help. God Bless you all and I hope I haven't offended anyone here.

I respect Grady for all he has done and enjoyed his company and meeting him. I am sorry he feels the way he does. I will let it go and will not post anything further from Jimmy nor myself on this.

Jimmy is a friend of mine, most people who know him realize he is a good guy getting a bum rap, if Grady wants to talk like this then call the man up and if he wants to play Jimmy then call him up. I will tell Jimmy if he wants a game with Grady to call him also.

Take care everyone, sorry for posting what I thought was a respectful action thread with no name calling or whatever involved. Thanks for the support to those who understand and for those who do not understand, this is life, not a big deal. :)

JasonCrugar
06-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Mythbusters proved that you can indeed polish a turd however to a high sheen. Just sayin'...

So that makes it a fancy turd. In the end it is still a P.O.S.
Back to lenny... good man. nuff said about this.

Mike in MN
06-19-2010, 04:20 AM

Hahahaha love it.

mlalum
06-19-2010, 04:28 AM
I respect Grady for all he has done and enjoyed his company and meeting him. I am sorry he feels the way he does. I will let it go and will not post anything further from Jimmy nor myself on this.

Jimmy is a friend of mine, most people who know him realize he is a good guy getting a bum rap, if Grady wants to talk like this then call the man up and if he wants to play Jimmy then call him up. I will tell Jimmy if he wants a game with Grady to call him also.

Take care everyone, sorry for posting what I thought was a respectful action thread with no name calling or whatever involved. Thanks for the support to those who understand and for those who do not understand, this is life, not a big deal. :)

Well as the first person out of the chute that asked you not to do this many many posts ago I'm glad you're finally ending this debacle after the needless humiliation for everyone involved. But knowing how you like the last word i resent your parting shot.

Thanks for the support to those who understand and for those who do not understand, this is life, not a big deal. :

Your saying thanks for everyone who agreed and everyone who didn't well your wrong but that's ok. Just for the record it's you and your supporters who don't understand. Otherwise you wouldn't have caused this debacle redux.

Thunderball
06-19-2010, 05:30 AM
No worries Lenny....probably best to let it go considering...but I gotcha.

CrossSideLarry
06-19-2010, 07:05 AM

OMG... That is the funniest thing I have ever seen and such an appropriate analogy.

Kickin' Chicken
06-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Well as the first person out of the chute that asked you not to do this many many posts ago I'm glad you're finally ending this debacle after the needless humiliation for everyone involved. But knowing how you like the last word i resent your parting shot.

Thanks for the support to those who understand and for those who do not understand, this is life, not a big deal. :

Your saying thanks for everyone who agreed and everyone who didn't well your wrong but that's ok. Just for the record it's you and your supporters who don't understand. Otherwise you wouldn't have caused this debacle redux.

mlalum:

I didn't read Lenny's comment like that, at all. What I took from it was that he (Lenny) simply acknowledges that this is how life is, that not everyone agrees with you or is supportive of your efforts and that it's no big deal.

In the time I've been hanging around AzB, I have found Lenny to be extremely forthright and a huge contributor to our sport. He goes out on the road on his own dime bringing us live streams so we can enjoy watching matches from the comfort of our homes. I do believe I have seen your name there during some of these streams, right?

I know this thread is down to its last few breaths but I have to say, with all due respect to those who feel Grady was somehow wronged, there appears to zero evidence that he was in ANY way ambushed for his $800.

All possible illness, emotional distress, and addictions, notwithstanding, he made a game and lost.

Then, for what appears to be most bizzare reasons, the proverbial molehill became K2.

Lenny (and non-computer literate Jimmy), after many days of reading unflattering posts from Grady, decided to try to make another game and posted the terms which, frankly, seemed very fair. And, IMO, the offer was posted in a most respectful way. Fair & respectful.

Most now feel that there will be no action, and probably, at this point, it's best that there won't be. For a moment, though, I thought it would be fun to see this rematch but, unfortunately, the fun aspect has all but disappeared. :(

Best,
Brian kc

KoolKat9Lives
06-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Maybe after these parties take a forum respite we'll see if the warriors will get past the emotion and try to make a fair match. Neutral table, 11 or 10 to 8 may be fair. If they don't match up, well, other games will roll on and this mess will be logged on memory lane. Life rolls on bruddahs! :thumbup:

Maniac
06-19-2010, 07:34 AM
I just don't get it, but then....I'm not a gambler, but IMO, the two parties in question should NEVER cross paths again (unless it's by pure chance).

I think it's time to let go and move on with life for these two men (three, if you're gonna count Lenny).

Maniac

JoeyA
06-19-2010, 08:22 AM

Yeah, well you had better be careful barking at that JoeyA guy. He's waiting for you to slip up and offer some weight.

SJDinPHX
06-19-2010, 09:04 AM
As Grady's opponent for this match I have pretty much stayed out of these posts, but as an older player I would like to offer my point of view.

Getting old SUCKS sometimes. Your skills go south, loved ones die, you have health problems and if you have been a pool player for 50+ years, you hang on to it the best you can because it has been and still is an important part of your life. It's where you go when things get tough.

I never was a great player. Grady gave me 8/6 and won back in the day. I have been lucky that age has been kind to my pool game and some days I play almost as well as I ever did.

In the last couple of years I have matched up quite a few times for a fair amount of $$. Won some and lost some, but I'm not hanging it up yet and won't til I can't get out there and be competitive.

Think of yourselves when you get there. Wouldn't you rather see us old guys go out kicking and hollering and maybe even pissing and moaning a bit.

John Henderson

John H's post, is about the only post in this entire thread, that actually makes sense. And, surprise, surprise...it never recieved ONE response. That tells me we have a bunch of interlopers and troll's chiming in, who wouldn't know an everyday, spirited pool matchup, from a Hooter's mud wrestling contest. (maybe)

Only a few posts on here are actually "intelligent" enough to respond to, and THIS is one of them. Also, If this "beef" had occurred in a pool room, it would have been resolved one way or the other the next day or so, and then forgotten.
To open it up to the cyber world, of "Keyboard Know-it-all's" on this site, is a fiasco and a disgrace.

Lenny, I am shocked you chose to do this. You should have kept it on One Pocket.org... where it BELONGS... a lot more common sense would have prevailed "automatically"....Think about it !!!.. :( :( :(

Roy Steffensen
06-19-2010, 09:49 AM
I agree with u that it would be more civil to start the thread over at onepocket.org, but Jimmy/Lenny's problem was that Grady copied his "creep" post from the "henderson-grady" thread at onepocket.org, and started a thread here.

Why did he do that? Too get more viewers.

I certainly understand if Jimmy wanted it broadcasted to as many as possible that he don't like crap being said about him, and that he wanted to accept Grady's challenge.

Where to do that, when you know that ALL readers at onepocket.org also reads this site, but very few goes the other way?

Then again, as I said, the best would be if no thread started at all and both Jimmy and Grady focused on running their poolhalls, and the rest of us could go back reading aiming-threads

John H's post, is about the only post in this entire thread, that actually makes sense. And, surprise, surprise...it never recieved ONE response. That tells me we have a bunch of interlopers and troll's chiming in, who wouldn't know an everyday, spirited pool matchup, from a Hooter's mud wrestling contest. (maybe)

Only a few posts on here are actually "intelligent" enough to respond to, and THIS is one of them. Also, If this "beef" had occurred in a pool room, it would have been resolved one way or the other the next day or so, and then forgotten.
To open it up to the cyber world, of "Keyboard Know-it-all's" on this site, is a fiasco and a disgrace.

Lenny, I am shocked you chose to do this. You should have kept it on One Pocket.org... where it BELONGS... a lot more common sense would have prevailed "automatically"....Think about it !!!.. :( :( :(

JB Cases
06-19-2010, 10:07 AM
I seem to use that thing called bad judgment myself sometimes lol
Come to think about it I should be a pro at it :wink::wink:

Dude, I can give you the six out when it comes to bad judgment on this forum :-)

I think people could learn a lot from OMGWTF - make a game put up the money and then lose like a lady - no excuses, played bad - asks to double the bet and offers to go to the winner's home room. Classy.

rackem
06-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Maybe it would be best if Grady Threads had their own Sub forum. :eek:
Just another chapter of "As AZB Turns" or "All the Wuffs of are lives" :D

demonrho
06-19-2010, 12:36 PM
..."All the Wuffs of are lives" ...

That's funny, dude. But seriously, Grady has some kind of real physical disability - possibly Parkinsons. On top of that, he's probably taking meds. The combination is playing havoc with his reasoning. I saw him a couple of years ago at the Derby and it was really noticiable. I think we owe it to Grady for his years of giving to pool to not take advantage of him. Frank the Barber is right - Grady needs somebody close to take him in hand.

SJDinPHX
11-10-2010, 04:58 PM
That's funny, dude. But seriously, Grady has some kind of real physical disability - possibly Parkinsons. On top of that, he's probably taking meds. The combination is playing havoc with his reasoning. I saw him a couple of years ago at the Derby and it was really noticiable. I think we owe it to Grady for his years of giving to pool to not take advantage of him. Frank the Barber is right - Grady needs somebody close to take him in hand.

Well said Demorho...I concur..:smile:

book collector
11-10-2010, 05:40 PM

John Henderson

I got to watch you play Ronn while I was in Tempe, you still play good, looked like you were having the same problems getting used to Diamond tables all of us old Gold Crown guys have though. One thing I noticed was you made about 98% of the long rail banks.

ironman
11-10-2010, 06:55 PM

I agree with this as well. It is painful as I have known the man for well over 35 years.
Watching some get old is painful. Some have incredible hear. Some incredible pride. Growing old, that can be a very, very tough combination. Life gets very hard with the head saying you can and the legs saying you can't.
I feel like pure shit just commenting on this.

Island Drive
11-11-2010, 05:57 AM
I agree with this as well. It is painful as I have known the man for well over 35 years.
Watching some get old is painful. Some have incredible hear. Some incredible pride. Growing old, that can be a very, very tough combination. Life gets very hard with the head saying you can and the legs saying you can't.

Grady has always loved being in the middle of it, it keeps him going, keeps him in his youthful moments, but when the slinging flys it's difficult for him to not dig his heels in, those that lash out at these moments are pretty sad individuals, makes me wonder how they treat there grandparents, I'd like to seem em sling it at Nicklaus or Palmer and feel good about it. Ironman..Grady tho has NEVER had ''incredible hear'' :) he's been bald most his life.

ironman
11-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Grady has always loved being in the middle of it, it keeps him going, keeps him in his youthful moments, but when the slinging flys it's difficult for him to not dig his heels in, those that lash out at these moments are pretty sad individuals, makes me wonder how they treat there grandparents, I'd like to seem em sling it at Nicklaus or Palmer and feel good about it. Ironman..Grady tho has NEVER had ''incredible hear'' :) he's been bald most his life.

You are a very warped individual!! LOL!!

SJDinPHX
11-11-2010, 09:01 AM

I'm sure you meant incredible "heart", Lewis, and why should you feel bad about commentating on this...You pointed out some very true facts, on growing old....It is a very humbling experience...No fun at all..:frown:

Island Drive
11-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm sure you meant incredible "heart", Lewis, and why should you feel bad about commentating on this...You pointed out some very true facts, on growing old....It is a very humbling experience...No fun at all..:frown:

Lewis and I are best of friends.....................had Thanksgiving dinner at his moms in Denver yrs ago....

harmy76
11-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Just for the record and people that are unaware. Who are the people playing in this? Grady and Jimmy, is this Grady Mathews?

ironman
11-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Lewis and I are best of friends.....................had Thanksgiving dinner at his moms in Denver yrs ago....

years ago we went to Vegas and then to renoi. While in Reno I met this Keno Girl and we went to some Biker Bar. Wel I got smashed, I mean smashed.
i got back to the room and it was lights out! I mean O U T,,,,Out!!

I woke up the next afternoon surrounded by about 6 pillows. i asked Bill where in the hell all those pillows came from. he said I ws throwing them to try and stop your snoring. Why throw pillows i asked? He said he couldn't find any bricks!!
And not, that was not Knothead!! LOL

Grady
11-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Nope, you guys win. You're too smart and too good and I don't want to even be in the same state as Jimmy. He embarrassed and humiliated me once and that's quite enough for me. Thanks for the offer, though.

Fast Lenny
11-11-2010, 12:53 PM
This is water under the bridge and I am unsure as to why it was brought up again after 5 months. All parties involved are pretty much past it but Jimmy aka Gomer Pyle would like to play Grady.

The back story of the match they played was real simple. Grady came to play Henderson, I picked him up from the airport and we stopped at the hotel, walked across the parking lot to the poolroom and he was in action within 20 minutes.

He agreed to play the owner giving 9/8 as neither knew how the other played, Grady offered and was not asked for 9/8 because he wanted to play. He made the stakes of the match also, Jimmy would have played him very cheaply if he wanted but Grady likes to bet.

Grady lost the first set and they agreed to play even and Grady lost a second set. I do believe Grady could beat 99% of poolroom owners in one pocket giving 9/8 but not this one.

Jimmy has since offered to play Grady in a neutral spot for 5-20k even up because Grady said if Jimmy played on a neutral table for $20,000 that Jimmy would have no chance in the world.

I think Grady is a good guy and loves pool, he has devoted his life to it. I wish him well in all that he does but I can say that Jimmy is not the bad guy here and was not trying to take advantage of him, its not his character to do that. He did not ask to play, did not ask for weight and did not set the stakes. He does regret taking a ball from Grady and said he should have played him even to start.

Grady, if your reading this and would be interested in playing in a neutral room then the offer is open to play that game. Its a respectful offer to play the game, if you would like weight I will see what he is willing to offer. I am sure everyone who knows Jimmy will tell you he is a good guy not trying to hustle people especially ones who he has no clue to how they play.

If anyone would like to hear the audio of the aftermath then turn up your speakers, here it is. You can get an understanding slightly of the situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVptmFyDriA

Underclocked
11-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Lenny, I'm getting long in the tooth and don't hear very well (understatement) but have to say I got NOTHING out of that recording. :grin:

Gmanpoke
11-11-2010, 01:31 PM
This is water under the bridge and I am unsure as to why it was brought up again after 5 months. All parties involved are pretty much past it but Jimmy aka Gomer Pyle would like to play Grady.

The back story of the match they played was real simple. Grady came to play Henderson, I picked him up from the airport and we stopped at the hotel, walked across the parking lot to the poolroom and he was in action within 20 minutes.

He agreed to play the owner giving 9/8 as neither knew how the other played, Grady offered and was not asked for 9/8 because he wanted to play. He made the stakes of the match also, Jimmy would have played him very cheaply if he wanted but Grady likes to bet.

Grady lost the first set and they agreed to play even and Grady lost a second set. I do believe Grady could beat 99% of poolroom owners in one pocket giving 9/8 but not this one.

Jimmy has since offered to play Grady in a neutral spot for 5-20k even up because Grady said if Jimmy played on a neutral table for $20,000 that Jimmy would have no chance in the world.

I think Grady is a good guy and loves pool, he has devoted his life to it. I wish him well in all that he does but I can say that Jimmy is not the bad guy here and was not trying to take advantage of him, its not his character to do that. He did not ask to play, did not ask for weight and did not set the stakes. He does regret taking a ball from Grady and said he should have played him even to start.

Grady, if your reading this and would be interested in playing in a neutral room then the offer is open to play that game. Its a respectful offer to play the game, if you would like weight I will see what he is willing to offer. I am sure everyone who knows Jimmy will tell you he is a good guy not trying to hustle people especially ones who he has no clue to how they play.

If anyone would like to hear the audio of the aftermath then turn up your speakers, here it is. You can get an understanding slightly of the situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVptmFyDriA

I've never said a word about this event or the participants. But, Lenny the Lock, why would you post this 2 hours after Grady says no thanks. Now you're willing to negotiate giving a spot and posting a link to the conversation when Grady was upset. It looks like you are trying to embarrass and humiliate Grady. Trying to goad Grady into something he doesn't want. You and Jimmy won, enjoy the spoils, but its time to drop it.

Look, Grady is a seasoned gambler and if he allows embarrassment, anger, pride, and other emotions to guide him in a decision to make a game, so be it. I think in terms of: one day your the predator the next day you maybe the prey. But, trying to goad man into something he clearly stated he didn't want, is despicable. Reminds me of some siding and window con artist trying to take advantage of our senior citizens.

Steven

Grady
11-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I am to Jimmy as SJD is to me. I'll shoot between them, a 45 sec. shot clock, no coaching and we'll play a seven ahead. I'll play at the DCC.
I gave several examples of how I treated visiting dignitaries in my life. Most posters thought I was wrong; so I just sucked it up and ate the $5,000 loss. This time it's going to be different if you play.Also, a requirement if we do play is this: we have to play at least 24 hours. We could put this on TAR or through Lennie.

Fast Lenny
11-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I've never said a word about this event or the participants. But, Lenny the Lock, why would you post this 2 hours after Grady says no thanks. Now you're willing to negotiate giving a spot and posting a link to the conversation when Grady was upset. It looks like you are trying to embarrass and humiliate Grady. Trying to goad Grady into something he doesn't want. You and Jimmy won, enjoy the spoils, but its time to drop it.

Look, Grady is a seasoned gambler and if he allows embarrassment, anger, pride, and other emotions to guide him in a decision to make a game, so be it. I think in terms of: one day your the predator the next day you maybe the prey. But, trying to goad man into something he clearly stated he didn't want, is despicable. Reminds me of some siding and window con artist trying to take advantage of our senior citizens.

Steven

To be honest I was uploading the video before Grady had posted so I did not get to see his post before mine. I wrote my post out and waited for video to put the link in at the end and hit reply.

I in no way would think about embarrassing Grady. He was not hustled or taken advantage of, he wanted a game and got one, he made the rules, stakes and handicap. He also shook hands before the match and said no hard feelings either way and to both be gentleman.

As far as you saying enjoy the spoils, I never got a dime from Grady playing Jimmy and had no part in it. Jimmy offered Grady his money back the very next day when Jimmy went to his hotel room to get him for a tournament but Grady was pissed at him so he left. I guess the feeling is mutual between the two and we can leave it as it is. I am only responding because this 5 month BS was brought back up when it was done and over.

We all can look at things in certain ways but its obvious Grady feels he was embarrassed and humiliated. He got beat by a decent player, nothing to be ashamed.

To be frank I could care less what you or anyone else on here or the internet thinks about me, I have gotten past that a long time ago. Have a great day. :)

Fast Lenny
11-11-2010, 01:47 PM
I am to Jimmy as SJD is to me. I'll shoot between them, a 45 sec. shot clock, no coaching and we'll play a seven ahead. I'll play at the DCC.
I gave several examples of how I treated visiting dignitaries in my life. Most posters thought I was wrong; so I just sucked it up and ate the $5,000 loss. This time it's going to be different if you play.Also, a requirement if we do play is this: we have to play at least 24 hours. We could put this on TAR or through Lennie.

Grady, I do believe SJD will be at DCC but not sure Jimmy will but I could see if it can be arranged and if Dick is willing to play also. I think it would be an interesting game. What format do you propose? 7 ahead for how much? 24 hours would be the time limit if someone did not get 7 ahead I am assuming and then it would be pro rated after that?

Fast Lenny
11-11-2010, 02:12 PM

Grady if you would like me to remove the audio vid I will happily, I am not trying to humiliate you or disrespect you in anyway but wanted to give people insight on the argument. Good day sir.

ironman
11-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Grady, I do believe SJD will be at DCC but not sure Jimmy will but I could see if it can be arranged and if Dick is willing to play also. I think it would be an interesting game. What format do you propose? 7 ahead for how much? 24 hours would be the time limit if someone did not get 7 ahead I am assuming and then it would be pro rated after that?

this has turned into being just pathetic!!!!

Fast Lenny
11-11-2010, 02:22 PM
this has turned into being just pathetic!!!!

Yes, some guys trying to create action and a fair game is pathetic. It is a grudge match and probably will be a good match to sweat and watch.

Gmanpoke
11-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Yes, some guys trying to create action and a fair game is pathetic. It is a grudge match and probably will be a good match to sweat and watch.

I'll pass. But wish you the best Lenny the lock.

Steven

Fast Lenny
11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I'll pass. But wish you the best Lenny the lock.

Steven

No hard feelings Steve, just differences of opinions and outlooks on things, best of luck to you too. :wink:

Grady
11-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm not mad at anybody but myself. Jimmy plays better than I do AND I'm starting out 5 dimes stuck.I am going to be pretty sure that he has the worst of it if I play with him.

SJDinPHX
11-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm not mad at anybody but myself. Jimmy plays better than I do AND I'm starting out 5 dimes stuck.I am going to be pretty sure that he has the worst of it if I play with him.

How did all this s**t get cranked up again, and how did I get involved...All I did, was try and be a mediator/peace-maker, between Grady and Jimmy...I like, and respect them both.

Us three are well over 21, and can still woof, and make our own games, withouut ANY outside help.

Lenny, your my bud too, and I know you're just speaking for Jimmy because he doesn't post...But, please be careful what you say for me...as it can be easily mis-construed.

Fast Lenny
11-11-2010, 03:54 PM
How did all this s**t get cranked up again, and how did I get involved...All I did, was try and be a mediator/peace-maker, between Grady and Jimmy...I like, and respect them both.

Us three are well over 21, and can still woof, and make our own games, withouut ANY outside help.

Lenny, your my bud too, and I know you're just speaking for Jimmy because he doesn't post...But, please be careful what you say for me...as it can be easily mis-construed.

HAHA! You bumped the thread dachshund brain! :grin: