PDA

View Full Version : pool scene in houston

5ballcharlie
06-18-2010, 10:21 AM
How many tournaments do they have weekly? What are some of the better rooms or places to play in? How's the crime? How's the action?

5ballcharlie
06-18-2010, 04:34 PM
BumpBbbbbbbbbbbbbump

Dead Money
06-18-2010, 09:45 PM
You should head over to Bogie's. There is a Lot of really soft action in that place.

5ballcharlie
06-19-2010, 10:57 AM
You should head over to Bogie's. There is a Lot of really soft action in that place.

Yea thanks alot:sorry:

brock
06-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Legends on hwy 45 south of town is where Hillbilly used to hang out. before you get to
Legends you have Slick Willey's and Fast Eddies. Alot of sports bars with tables have tournaments. You could probally play ever night of the week if you knew how to get to the places, Houston is a big place and spread out. You Tennesee boys dont want to go to the Alamo, the last ones that did, didnt turn out so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am from Houston, but have been gone for a long time, but there use to be a magizine called night life, i think, that listed allot of the bars and when they had tournaments, and bands playing. Be carefull because some parts of town can be bad!!!! ZZ Brock

5ballcharlie
06-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Legends on hwy 45 south of town is where Hillbilly used to hang out. before you get to
Legends you have Slick Willey's and Fast Eddies. Alot of sports bars with tables have tournaments. You could probally play ever night of the week if you knew how to get to the places, Houston is a big place and spread out. You Tennesee boys dont want to go to the Alamo, the last ones that did, didnt turn out so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am from Houston, but have been gone for a long time, but there use to be a magizine called night life, i think, that listed allot of the bars and when they had tournaments, and bands playing. Be carefull because some parts of town can be bad!!!! ZZ Brock

Thanks Brock.

tattoo
06-19-2010, 12:18 PM
2 day tourny at qsticks on 1960 starts today....and whats up brock long time no see....it was nice meeting you at the expo and chating with you at the bogies tourny last year...mickey

brock
06-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Hey Mickey, glad you included talking at Bogies, I wouldnt of remembered you!!!?? How ya hitting em???? I am living in Weston WV, a little town with a great pool hall, 3 diamond 9ft, $2.00 an hour, but i play from 6 to closing and they say, give me 5 for the time!!!!! dont get no cheaper!!! thought i was going to have to play in bars on shitty tables!!! Who won????? ZZ Brock

tattoo
06-20-2010, 10:10 PM
brock i didnt go to day 2.....but usally suspects......were playing great....jermey jones,hillbilly,sylver,bastrop jr..dennis strickland...i think all but sylver was on the winners side after day 1.....sylver looked really good in the 1pocket tourny i think they had about 10 signup for....