PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Tournaments in NYC

stuckart
06-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Are there any weekly tournaments to be found in New York? I've come across a bunch of rooms that I want to check out, but haven't seen anything as far as tournaments in some time!

I'll be there all next week!

Thanks!

GG11
06-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Are there any weekly tournaments to be found in New York? I've come across a bunch of rooms that I want to check out, but haven't seen anything as far as tournaments in some time!

I'll be there all next week!

Thanks!

Mondays & Wednesdays there is a tournament at Master Billiards in Queens, NY. Lots of players go out for this tournament. I think Mondays is handicapped and Wednesdays is Open?

On Tuesdays:

--Soho Billiards in Manhattan also has a Tuesday tournament, handicapped.
--Skyline Billiards in Brooklyn has a tournament. I'm not sure if it's an Open tournament or a handicapped one.
--Raxx Pool Room in West Hempstead (Long Island) has an Open tournament.

I don't play in many of these so I could be wrong about Open/Handicapped. Some other AZers from NYC could be more helpful with the details.

Hope this helps.

Eric.
06-18-2010, 12:20 PM
--Skyline Billiards in Brooklyn has a tournament. I'm not sure if it's an Open tournament or a handicapped one.

I don't play in many of these so I could be wrong about Open/Handicapped. Some other AZers from NYC could be more helpful with the details.

Hope this helps.

Skyline handicaps the entry but the games are an even race/Open tourney.

Eric

oldzilla
06-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Well you know there is the Game Show wed - fri nights at Breakers in Clifton NJ at 8pm. Check livestream forum for threads or links in my sig too

It is mostly a fun event but the jackpots are serious money. Fri jackpot up to 5000. They have multiple drawings for a 1000 each now. You may put an x on your ticket which means you can go for the 5000 if drawn for the chance.

I do not live in the area, but there is a new room called Society Billiards too !

Good luck sir !

stuckart
06-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Thank you for all the information! I'm hoping to be able to find some place to play Tues - Thurs nights!