PDA

View Full Version : Question about weather and pool tables

Spyral7
06-18-2010, 04:12 PM
I am thinking of buying a pool table, but in doing so I would be turning my garage into a pool room, which I would love to be able to do.

I live in Hawaii, and the climate is somewhat humid and warm year round, and this worries me a bit, because my garage isn't climate controlled. Would I need to climate control my garage in order to keep my table in good condition? I have been looking for information about it, and really can't much in regards to how this will effect it.

I would LOVE to have a pool table, but I'm looking at spending a considerable amount of money, and don't want to ruin an investment due to improper treatment.

measureman
06-18-2010, 04:24 PM
here is the best I remember from playing years ago in humid conditions. the rails get faster and the angles change. The bed cloth gets slower.
If you can hook up even a window A/C in the garage it will sure help a lot. if not it will be miserable to play on that table.

Mike in MN
06-18-2010, 04:45 PM
The humidity can really make the balls sticky and slow as well too. Breaks become like sludge and you don't get a good spread.

A dehumidifier and a window/free-standing air conditioner would do wonders. Keep the temp in the high-60s to low-70s and the humidity under the 50% range, and you'll likely be fine.