PDA

View Full Version : Table Steaks Denver - New Owners

billiards, ink
06-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that Table Steaks in Englewood, CO has new owners and wanted invite everyone to come on in and say hello. We will be making some changes and look forward to bringing competative pool back to Denver. I will be posting a new tournament schedule and pictures of some of the changes we are making as soon as things get rolling.

For now we will be holding Big Table 9 Ball tournaments on Thursdays at 7:00pm and Sundays at 1:00pm. There will be money added on both nights. We will also still be having the One Pocket tournament on the first Sunday of every month.

We will be adding in 10-12 Bar Boxes so if you are interested in starting a team for any leagues please stop by and let us know.

Thanks for the support.

DRW
06-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that Table Steaks in Englewood, CO has new owners and wanted invite everyone to come on in and say hello. We will be making some changes and look forward to bringing competative pool back to Denver. I will be posting a new tournament schedule and pictures of some of the changes we are making as soon as things get rolling.

For now we will be holding Big Table 9 Ball tournaments on Thursdays at 7:00pm and Sundays at 1:00pm. There will be money added on both nights. We will also still be having the One Pocket tournament on the first Sunday of every month.

We will be adding in 10-12 Bar Boxes so if you are interested in starting a team for any leagues please stop by and let us know.

Thanks for the support.

Sometimes, I wish I was back in Colorado Springs. Was stationed at Ft. Carson for 5 yrs and liked going up to the one that used to be on Sheridan. Is Danny Shay (sp) still around?

billiards, ink
06-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Danny is here a couple times a week at least.

Sometimes, I wish I was back in Colorado Springs. Was stationed at Ft. Carson for 5 yrs and liked going up to the one that used to be on Sheridan. Is Danny Shay (sp) still around?

12squared
06-18-2010, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the support.

Thanks for the post, I've been hearing rumors up here in Fort Collins so it's nice to hear it from the new owner's mouth (or fingers). Best of luck :thumbup:, I will try to get down there one of these days.

Dave Gross

cuesblues
06-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Table Steaks is a nice pool hall.
I'm very glad they're staying open, I hope the new owners do very well.
They seem to be trying real hard and so far so good.

Chris Byrne
06-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Just to let everyone know I am setting up an in house cue repair shop in table steaks. I expect to be up and running there by early next week. I will be there every thursday evening from 6 to 10pm and a few hours on sunday. I also will be available most weeknights on a to be determined/as needed basis. Feel free to call me at 720 206 4034 and I will meet you any weeknight evening after 6pm if I am available.
There are alot of exciting changes coming to the poolhall. They have started recovering the tables in tournament blue yesterday. I have been sampling the new menu and the food has not only been great it is easy on the pocketbook too. So, come on by and check out the new setup. Chris.

Cuebuddy
06-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Good luck to you Chris and the new owners:thumbup:.

Bigtruck
06-19-2010, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the support.

So who is the new owner? :shocked:

If you'all would ever like to have a live feed for any major events, I always love coming to Colorado to see all my friends up that way.

Ray

PoolSharkAllen
06-19-2010, 02:39 PM

Tokyo-dave
06-19-2010, 02:51 PM
We were just talking about the subject the other night. SOMEBODY needs to do some 8-ball on the big tables. Not only would you get the 'players' but you'd get so many more recreational types and lot's of bangers. Seems to me that it would do really well for both sides.
dave

Rack'emBilliard
06-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Congratz on buying Table Steaks. Being a pool player I hate to see any pool hall close even if they are competition. I wish ya'll all the best!

PoolSharkAllen
06-19-2010, 03:05 PM

ironman
06-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Ball bangers and recreational players may not be willing to pay $22 for these tournaments. Perhaps the owners need to consider lower entry fees and payouts so that more people will enter these tournaments.

WOW!!!!!!!!! That's too bad!

measureman
06-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Just to let everyone know I am setting up an in house cue repair shop in table steaks. I expect to be up and running there by early next week. I will be there every thursday evening from 6 to 10pm and a few hours on sunday. I also will be available most weeknights on a to be determined/as needed basis. Feel free to call me at 720 206 4034 and I will meet you any weeknight evening after 6pm if I am available.
There are alot of exciting changes coming to the poolhall. They have started recovering the tables in tournament blue yesterday. I have been sampling the new menu and the food has not only been great it is easy on the pocketbook too. So, come on by and check out the new setup. Chris.

Chris took the cheap leather off my Lucasi and wrapped it with linen last December and it still looks and feels good. The nice thing about standing there as he did it was as he pressed it I got to say stop!" it is just right for me."

Mark Griffin
06-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Congrats on the new ownership.

We would sure like to have some BCA pool leagues in there - so perhaps call me and we will see what we can do to make it happen.

Mark Griffin, CEO
BCAPL
702-719-7665

billiards, ink
06-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Thank you all for the replies and PM's. We are very fortunate to have a great group of AZ'ers around us that are helping to spread the word. It is also nice having Chris Byrne available in house for cue repair.

As previously mentioned we have started to refelt the big tables in tournament blue and the Bar Tables will be in next week.

We are looking into different tournament formats as far as 8 ball/9 ball goes to try to change things up a little. As I stated before please feel free to call or stop by and voice any ideas or suggestions you may have. Any feedback is always appreciated.

billiards, ink
06-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Thank you for the invite. I will be in touch with you very soon to start planning ahead.

Congrats on the new ownership.

We would sure like to have some BCA pool leagues in there - so perhaps call me and we will see what we can do to make it happen.

Mark Griffin, CEO
BCAPL
702-719-7665

Salamander
06-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Is this you Bobby B? I had heard you had bought the place. If so, I hope you have great success. Either way, I'll be sure to head up from the Springs to check it out.

Regards,

Doug

Scott Lee
06-19-2010, 11:03 PM
It is a nice room. :thumbup: I've been in there several times over the past few years, doing lessons, and I've been treated really well every time! I stopped in and played a local for 4 hours one night last month (taking a break from driving), on my way to Vegas for the BCAPL. Best of luck to the new owner(s), and I look forward to stopping in there again soon!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

PoolSharkAllen
06-20-2010, 01:31 PM

Tokyo-dave
06-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I'd also like to make the following suggestions:
- Resume advertising in the "Colorado Cue Times" so people know what going on every month
- Replace the worn out racks with new ones
- When top players from out-of-town like SVB play at Table Steaks, it would be great if the word got out so that spectators can have an opportunity to watch him play.

I may be wrong, but I've always gotten the idea that when SVB comes to town, it's pretty much unofficial, and usually the only ones that know about it are the guys that he keeps in touch with on a personal basis. Again, I may be wrong, but if SVB comes to town on a personal trip, putting the word out may not be something that he welcomes. All said, I doubt he is ever actually upset at the turnout of people that show up after having heard the rumours.
dave

Medalist
06-21-2010, 07:43 AM
There is also a straight pool league there on Monday nights. Free pool nights on the bar boxes would be nice also like at Greenfields, Mirage, Rack Em and just about all the other places. Live streaming there of SVB would be the ultimate. Clean balls all the time.

Island Drive
06-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Again, who's the new owner, and is Frank ending his lifes work of owning great Denver billiard rooms (hope not)? I just hope he doesn't start playing better than he has of late :). And whats gonna happen to the Gold Crowns on the so. side of the room?

Chris Byrne
06-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Hello all. I finally got my lathe setup down to the poolhall last night. I will be there thursday night from 6 - 10ish and I will pop in most evenings this week. Come on down and support a great pool room. Chris.

billiards, ink
06-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi Bill. The new ownership is really a team effort. There are a few small details that are being ironed out and when they are we will officially recognize everyones efforts.

Frank is going to be here helping to make the transition and get things rolling. You know that he has put a lot into Table Steaks and he is doing everything possible to help us start off on the right foot.

We are selling 6 of the Gold Crown I's which I have posted in the WFS section.

Again, who's the new owner, and is Frank ending his lifes work of owning great Denver billiard rooms (hope not)? I just hope he doesn't start playing better than he has of late :). And whats gonna happen to the Gold Crowns on the so. side of the room?

watchez
06-21-2010, 01:44 PM
So the owners in Aurora stayed the same?

And to be honest, if it is a 'team' that bought your location - all I can say is the best of luck with that. Having one partner in a business is tough.

DogLoop
06-24-2010, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the support.
Good idea inviting some league and BarBox action, maybe that'll be a good ticket forward.

I think that this is one of the keys to a developed success for a pool hall ... without a real pro-shop, players have to "go somewhere (else)" to get work done; smart move (for you, too), imho.

Thanks for the post, I've been hearing rumors up here in Fort Collins so it's nice to hear it from the new owner's mouth (or fingers). Best of luck :thumbup:, I will try to get down there one of these days.

Dave Gross
Dave, I think you just like pool ... :D

Yeah Ted, you're a fixture there...

Here's wishing you the best from down in "The Springs".

-Ivan

P.S.
Feel free to add me to your FL on here too.