PDA

View Full Version : Barbecue in Tokyo

mullyman
06-19-2010, 04:46 AM
Saturday June 19th,2010. I called Japan rail to see if I could carry my cue on the train with me and they said it was ok. Different story when I showed up at the station. I tried to go through the gate with my cue case in hand and was immediately whisked away by station security. They took me into a back room of the station and proceeded to sodomize me with my cue. Luckily it was just the shaft because the butt is a bit thick, and I don’t like delrin and there is a crack in the finish that looks like it would be scrape and be uncomfortable.

Anyway, after being sodomized by 4 station attendants dressed in Little Bo Beep outfits I was released and on my way. I think I heard them say something about Youtube on my way out. So I get on the train and head to Shinjuku station. I arrive at Shinjuku and proceed to the pool hall to meet up with MonChiWai. Now, I only had 8 hours sleep the night before, I’ve been awake for 2 and a half hours, I’ve been sodomized by 4 men in Bo Beep outfits, and…..there was no bacon at the international breakfast bar in the hotel. Needless to say I was a little grumpy and just wanted to hit some balls around.

MonChiWai shows up and starts in on me trying to get a game. I told him I just wanted to shoot some balls around but he insisted on playing for a Coke. We haggled over a spot and I ended up giving him the breaks and the 2 out. I took the beating of my life. After all was said and done he took me for 5 Cokes and 3 hotdogs…..with mustard and onions even. God damn him!! All I wanted to do was shoot some balls around.

MonChiWai, you’re nothing but a low life assclown. If you really have any game at all I want you to meet me at a neutral pool hall and we’ll play for a large pizza, thick crust, with pepperoni and mushrooms. Be a man and let's do this.

Scaramouche
06-19-2010, 04:50 AM
You really should not plagiarize Grady:grin::grin::grin:

JasonCrugar
06-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Saturday June 19th,2010. I called Japan rail to see if I could carry my cue on the train with me and they said it was ok. Different story when I showed up at the station. I tried to go through the gate with my cue case in hand and was immediately whisked away by station security. They took me into a back room of the station and proceeded to sodomize me with my cue. Luckily it was just the shaft because the butt is a bit thick, and I don’t like delrin and there is a crack in the finish that looks like it would be scrape and be uncomfortable.

Anyway, after being sodomized by 4 station attendants dressed in Little Bo Beep outfits I was released and on my way. I think I heard them say something about Youtube on my way out. So I get on the train and head to Shinjuku station. I arrive at Shinjuku and proceed to the pool hall to meet up with MonChiWai. Now, I only had 8 hours sleep the night before, I’ve been awake for 2 and a half hours, I’ve been sodomized by 4 men in Bo Beep outfits, and…..there was no bacon at the international breakfast bar in the hotel. Needless to say I was a little grumpy and just wanted to hit some balls around.

MonChiWai shows up and starts in on me trying to get a game. I told him I just wanted to shoot some balls around but he insisted on playing for a Coke. We haggled over a spot and I ended up giving him the breaks and the 2 out. I took the beating of my life. After all was said and done he took me for 5 Cokes and 3 hotdogs…..with mustard and onions even. God damn him!! All I wanted to do was shoot some balls around.

MonChiWai, you’re nothing but a low life assclown. If you really have any game at all I want you to meet me at a neutral pool hall and we’ll play for a large pizza, thick crust, with pepperoni and mushrooms. Be a man and let's do this.

grady jokes are old man give it up.

jay helfert
06-19-2010, 04:57 AM
I'm starting to like this guy. :thumbup:

mullyman
06-19-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm on the bullet train heading home so I'm posting from my iPhone. I'll post up the actual day when I get home. Oh, the BBQ did in fact take place, I was in poor form but that shouldn't take away from Chi Wai, he did really good. Details in about 2 more hours.
MULLY

easy-e
06-19-2010, 05:53 AM

Although I think it's funny, I don't quite understand the purpose of this post. Remember what you said to Grady a couple of days ago?

Grady, you're bumming me big time, man. Get over it. Doing stuff like this is just childish and petty.
MULLY

Now it seems like you are just trying to poke an old man with a stick after telling him that he is being childish and petty. Maybe I am missing something.

mullyman
06-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Although I think it's funny, I don't quite understand the purpose of this post. Remember what you said to Grady a couple of days ago?

Now it seems like you are just trying to poke an old man with a stick after telling him that he is being childish and petty. Maybe I am missing something.

Actually I was just trying to be funny and lessen some of the tension around here over that frickin' thing. Everyone will take it differently though.
MULLY

The_Rookie
06-19-2010, 07:00 AM
It would have been horrible if he would have put ketchup on That Hot Dog.

Masayoshi
06-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Did they really stop you at the train station for carrying a cue case? I've never had any trouble carrying mine around. I guess looking more Japanese than most Japanese people helps in that regard.

kyo1128
06-19-2010, 07:17 AM
No kidding. I'm actually upset they did this to you.

Maniac
06-19-2010, 07:23 AM
It would have been horrible if he would have put ketchup on That Hot Dog.

I'd always heard that they ate DOGS in Asia. Now I KNOW they do :grin:!!!

Maniac

Tokyo-dave
06-19-2010, 07:28 AM
I thought it was one of the funniest posts I've read on here in a long time. However, remember that, as you already know American sarcasm often times doesn't translate well in foreign languages so you could run the risk of somebody over there taking your story literally.
How did you like Bagus? I've never been to the one in Shinjuku, but have been to the one in Roppongi and in Ikebukuro. Didn't like either one of them as they both were very expensive, their tables were nice but the rag they had on them played like a glass surface, and anytime I've been there, there were no players around to be seen. Seemed like a date spot more than a 'players' place.
dave

mullyman
06-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Ok, this pic pretty much sums up my day...
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/3984/photolze.jpg

We arrived at Bagus in Shinjuku at around 12:45 or so and took a seat at the bar and waited for Chi Wai to show up. He rolled in a little after one. We sat for a few minutes to get to know each other and then we headed down to the tables. We both agreed that one of the main tables with the tight pockets would probably be best. So, we get the front table just under the bar, where Mrs. MULLY is sitting and watching....and playing on her iPhone......and nodding off....etc....

So, we get into it. The table was a Brunswick GC4. The pockets were tight but they seemed to be pretty fair. If you hit a good shot it went, if you didn't, it didn't. My only complaint about the pockets would be that if you hit a ball in straight from the rail with any speed it jawed and jumped back out. But that could have been a combination of things. Anyway, the pockets weren't a nightmare by any stretch of the imagination.

We decided on races to 6.....after we were both sitting at 4. haha!! He took the first set 6-5. I took the second set 6-5 and then it was the Chi Wai show the rest of the afternoon. I think the remaining sets were something like 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 6-5. Chi Wai, please correct that if I'm wrong. I didn't make note of those last sets.

I'll talk about my playing first. The Gods were against me after I won that second set. Chi Wai will even back me on that one. He looked like he was almost ready to cry for me. The strangest crap kept happening. I'd get down on the 8 and miscue, or I'd have a really simple cut and jaw the pocket, or twist my arm and send the cue ball astray. It really was a nightmare. Funny thing is that I was making some really good combinations, banks, long shots with extreme follow and draw, but when I'd get a simple little cut shot or a simple straight in shot, literally with the balls within a foot of each other, something would happen. I don't know if I was one stroking it or what. It really was an embarrassment for me to go all the way to Tokyo and play like that. But, like I said, Chi Wai will back me up on all of this. It was really strange.

One thing that kept happening is when I was breaking the right corner ball would fly out of the pack, hit the side rail near the corner pocket and then rocket right off the table and across the room. Chi Wai must have put 100 miles on his feet chasing those balls. I don't have an official count but it happened at least 5 times. Not the cue ball, the corner ball of the rack. I'm guessing the cushion rubber isn't set at the correct height. I kneeled down and eyeballed it but couldn't tell if anything was wrong. First time I've ever seen anything like that.

Ok, Chi Wai's game. The kid shoots straight and plays really well. I'm not going to lay my losses entirely on my poor play, he shoots good. He has a really good talent for slicing a ball really thin up the rail. The first time I left him a shot like that I figured he wouldn't make it, he made it and I said to myself "Ahh, he got fortunate." then as the games went on and those thin cuts came up he kept making them so I removed the thought that he got lucky. He cuts them like he's shooting with a pair of scissors. Position play was pretty solid. There were quite a few times I thought he came up short on the position, but like I said in the last sentence, he cuts like he's using scissors and he would slice the paint off that ball. So, I won't push that issue. As long as you're alright like that that's all that matters. Let me add that not only was he able to thinly cut balls, he controlled the cue ball really well when he did it.

I'm the clear cut loser today so I'm really in no position to give advice, but we discussed a little of this earlier so I'll just toss it out here. Work on your break speed like I showed you. I promise 5 to 10 minutes per practice session will have you hammering them quite well. Also work on your kicking. You did miss quite a few kicks that you should have nailed. You weren't really nailing your banks either. But that stuff will come with practice.

Chi Wai, I had a great time today. Too many bad things were happening with me for me to have gotten upset about it. When you have a day like that you just gotta keep smiling. I'd like to play you when we're both in stroke. I'm not saying I'd win all the sets I just think I'd enjoy it more shooting at you and you would enjoy it more having someone shooting at you. But today really was fun. You're a good guy and I want to thank you for what you did when we went to the register. Serious as a heart attack, man, you have to come down here sometime. We have a 3 bedroom home here in Fujieda and it's just the 2 of us. There is plenty of room for you to camp out some Friday or Saturday night. Come on down and we'll hit the pool hall here. My treat!!

Oh, AZer's, you may have seen the pics of Chi Wai's Tim Scruggs cue. Trust me, those pics don't do it justice. That thing is immaculate. He also had some custom caps to match it and they are really really nice. I almost didn't want to pull out my JMW but what could I have done? Shoot with a house cue? Pbbbthh, you never know, I may have shot better if I had. hahahaha!!
MULLY

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4995/photo2wa.jpg

mullyman
06-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Did they really stop you at the train station for carrying a cue case? I've never had any trouble carrying mine around. I guess looking more Japanese than most Japanese people helps in that regard.

No, no, of course I didn't get stopped. It was a joke. Where were you today?
MULLY

mullyman
06-19-2010, 07:45 AM
I thought it was one of the funniest posts I've read on here in a long time. However, remember that, as you already know American sarcasm often times doesn't translate well in foreign languages so you could run the risk of somebody over there taking your story literally.
How did you like Bagus? I've never been to the one in Shinjuku, but have been to the one in Roppongi and in Ikebukuro. Didn't like either one of them as they both were very expensive, their tables were nice but the rag they had on them played like a glass surface, and anytime I've been there, there were no players around to be seen. Seemed like a date spot more than a 'players' place.
dave

Actually, the Bagus in Shinjuku when you were here isn't there anymore. Chi Wai tells me they moved across the street about a year or so ago. The place is really nice. Sorry I didn't get anymore pics. I forgot to take my camera with me. Anyway, I counted 29 tables and by 3 in the afternoon they were full. We were lucky in that we were on this elevated area with 3 tables end to end and no one to bother us. I just feel sorry for the people that were at tables 23 through 30 while I was breaking. That corner ball kept flying off the table and seriously, it had a lot of speed when it got over to table 23, at least 20-30 feet away from where we were. If that thing had nailed one of them in the leg that would have hurt like a mother.
MULLY

monchiwai
06-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Hey Mully... Thanks for the great write up!

People here, the scores were just one thing. Mully has this sweet stroke that he can move the cue ball around the table effortlessly. Not to mention his banking and kicking skills. Oh yea, he also have a gigantic break :eek: Like he said, I had to chase the balls he broke off the table. :sad::sad::sad: But Mully is kind enough to take a little out of his break so that I can rest a bit ;)

Mully, I had great fun today and am sure this won't be our first and last outing. Hope i will be seeing you soon again, hopefully to your place and we will go shoot some pool again.

monchiwai
06-19-2010, 07:50 AM
dave

Dave, you know 'Sometime' in Shinjuku, right? Bagus actually bought this place and renovated it last year. The place is really nice and we were lucky coz we were there before 7pm where they have special rate of 580 Yen per hour. We played 5 hours+ plus some food and plenty of soft drinks. It just cost us a touch above USD100

mullyman
06-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Hey Mully... Thanks for the great write up!

People here, the scores were just one thing. Mully has this sweet stroke that he can move the cue ball around the table effortlessly. Not to mention his banking and kicking skills. Oh yea, he also have a gigantic break :eek: Like he said, I had to chase the balls he broke off the table. :sad::sad::sad: But Mully is kind enough to take a little out of his break so that I can rest a bit ;)

Mully, I had great fun today and am sure this won't be our first and last outing. Hope i will be seeing you soon again, hopefully to your place and we will go shoot some pool again.

Next time I want bigger pockets. Hahaha!! Actually, those pockets on that table weren't bad at all. 2 balls wouldn't fit in the jaws but they weren't real unforgiving like some tables like that can be. Hell, doesn't matter to you, you were hitting the middle of the pockets all day. hahaha!!
MULLY

mullyman
06-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Hey, Chi Wai, you need to step forward and tell people that it's not necessary to jump all over the table to break like King Kong. hehe!!!
MULLY

Masayoshi
06-19-2010, 08:00 AM
dave

The one in Shinjuku is much better than your average Bagus. It was formerly Sometime billards so a lot of the regulars that used to go to Sometime go there now. The tables are fairly fast, but not lightning fast and there are a bunch of tight pocket tables plus a TV table with 3 flat screen TVs constantly streaming that table. Also the darts is sectioned off in another room so it doesn't disturb the pool room.

monchiwai
06-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Hey, Chi Wai, you need to step forward and tell people that it's not necessary to jump all over the table to break like King Kong. hehe!!!
MULLY

OK, although Mully's size is like a King Kong :p, but he showed me today that with just the swing of his stroke, the break can just be as powerful (if not more) than people who jumps all over the table.

Next time I want bigger pockets. Hahaha!!
I think pocket size isn't a big deal, but all those creepy shots must leave you! :angel2:

mullyman
06-19-2010, 08:09 AM
OK, although Mully's size is like a King Kong :p, but he showed me today that with just the swing of his stroke, the break can just be as powerful (if not more) than people who jumps all over the table.

I think pocket size isn't a big deal, but all those creepy shots must leave you! :angel2:

Yeah, man, that was really weird today. It really seemed like at any key point in the game something would happen. Hell, we were having a really good time talking and getting along so I know I wasn't nervous at all and I wasn't choking. I honestly have no idea what it was.
MULLY
we both know it was the red magic marker though:grin:

mullyman
06-19-2010, 08:12 AM
The one in Shinjuku is much better than your average Bagus. It was formerly Sometime billards so a lot of the regulars that used to go to Sometime go there now. The tables are fairly fast, but not lightning fast and there are a bunch of tight pocket tables plus a TV table with 3 flat screen TVs constantly streaming that table. Also the darts is sectioned off in another room so it doesn't disturb the pool room.

I would have enjoyed them being a little faster. I'm used to playing on 760 cloth on pool tables and I play 3 cushion. I think my stroke is accustomed to that type of speed and when I get on 860 like that and have to start hitting balls harder I lose accuracy. I don't think that was my problem today though. I've played on 860 much slower than the table we were on.
MULLY

Masayoshi
06-19-2010, 08:21 AM
No, no, of course I didn't get stopped. It was a joke. Where were you today?
MULLY

I was about 2 hours north by shinkansen. :thumbup: Sounds like you guys had a great time. Did you meet any of the regulars while you were there? The guys I know from that room are (Satou) Keita-san, Isomura-san, and Ando-san.

Cuebuddy
06-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the update Mully, sounds like a great time.
One question though.....avatar =85 jersey =58 whats up wit dat?:D

Masayoshi
06-19-2010, 08:23 AM
I would have enjoyed them being a little faster. I'm used to playing on 760 cloth on pool tables and I play 3 cushion. I think my stroke is accustomed to that type of speed and when I get on 860 like that and have to start hitting balls harder I lose accuracy. I don't think that was my problem today though. I've played on 860 much slower than the table we were on.
MULLY

I know what you mean, the place I play at is also really fast so I have to adjust every time I play one of the regional tournaments around Tohoku,

mullyman
06-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the update Mully, sounds like a great time.
One question though.....avatar =85 jersey =58 whats up wit dat?:D

I wore 85 last night. hehe!!
MULLY

KoolKat9Lives
06-19-2010, 08:45 AM
That's a funny ass OP Mully! I think some people need to lighten up a bit, and as they say, laughter is the best medicine.

hang-the-9
06-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the story. I'm sure after the train butt rape though it was all downhill for you :wink::grin:, now we know why you travel by train.

mullyman
06-19-2010, 03:32 PM
That's a funny ass OP Mully! I think some people need to lighten up a bit, and as they say, laughter is the best medicine.

Whaddya gonna do? Some people were just born humorless.

As for laughter being the best medicine, send some this way. I just got up a few minutes ago and I feel like I've been beaten with a baseball bat. I think we played about 5 hours yesterday........I haven't played 5 straight hours of pool in a loooooooong time. Not to mention all the walking I did the past 2 days. My calves are telling me to sit on the sofa and watch TV today. My lower back feels like a camel was tap dancing on it. Fkkkkkk, I think I'm going to head downstairs and see if I can't get another hour or 2 snooze time on the sofa. hehe!!!
MULLY
I didn't even talk about the chairs at the pool hall.....post that later:thumbup:

mullyman
06-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Ok, one more post about yesterday. The chairs. I'm a fairly large person at 6'1 and about 350lbs. The chairs at Bagus, at the table we were on, had arms and my big ass wouldn't fit in the chair. I had to sit on the edge of the seat all day and to be honest, after that first hour my legs and feet were flat out humming. I don't know if that had anything to do with it but there were a few times that I noticed I was in my stance a little tilted to one side. If you guys remember I fell down some steps 2 years ago and messed my leg up. I still favor the other side and I think my stance gets put off when I start getting tired and sore. But, I won't use that as an excuse. I just don't put enough time at the tables anymore to adjust and correct that.

I will say this though, any pool I've played over the last 2 years or so has been straight pool. I got really bored with 9-ball. I had a great time playing it yesterday though so I think I'll start playing it a little more from now on.

Again, no excuses, Chi Wai played straight up and won fair and square.
MULLY
anyone else have complaints about the seating at tables? I know there are people as big as and even bigger than me out there

Tony_in_MD
06-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Mully, you should have used the liquid soap trick.

:smile:

Hey can you post pics of his TS cue or refer me to where the pics are, I would love to see it.

poolplayer2093
06-20-2010, 05:08 AM
are those the before and after sodomy pictures??????????

mullyman
06-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Mully, you should have used the liquid soap trick.

:smile:

Hey can you post pics of his TS cue or refer me to where the pics are, I would love to see it.

Actually there's a link to it in his sig line. I went ahead and grabbed it for you though.....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=143248

I think he liked my JMW too.
MULLY

mullyman
06-20-2010, 07:52 AM
are those the before and after sodomy pictures??????????

During and after. Notice the smile on my face? Nothing better than a good sodomy session to brighten the day.
MULLY

monchiwai
06-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I think he liked my JMW too.
MULLY

I love the Burl wood especially. Not to mention the neat points, absolute stunning!

mullyman
06-20-2010, 12:21 PM
How did you do in the tournament?
MULLY

Tony_in_MD
06-20-2010, 04:03 PM
That scruggs is sweet.

mullyman
06-20-2010, 04:09 PM
That scruggs is sweet.

Yeah, it hits nice too. He needs to get some pics of those custom caps of his up there too. The caps are as nice as the cue. hehe!!
MULLY

monchiwai
06-20-2010, 06:20 PM
How did you do in the tournament?
MULLY

30+ players in total... manage to beat the first guy to get into last 16 but lost to an A player hill-hill!

This coming week will be at Kawasaki (http://www.bagus-99.com/billiard/event/index.html)
Come over :p

monchiwai
06-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah, it hits nice too. He needs to get some pics of those custom caps of his up there too. The caps are as nice as the cue. hehe!!
MULLY

Here you go. Super Alton made it for me :cool:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=175354

Mully, why don't you also post your JMW pics here...

mullyman
06-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Here you go. Super Alton made it for me :cool:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=175354

Mully, why don't you also post your JMW pics here...

My JMW pics are up in the gallery somewhere.

Dude, that picture of your joint cap does not even come close to looking as good as it does face to face. Damn! Trust me people, his caps are awesome.

Kawasaki? Where is that?
MULLY

monchiwai
06-21-2010, 07:46 AM
Dude, that picture of your joint cap does not even come close to looking as good as it does face to face. Damn! Trust me people, his caps are awesome.
MULLY

Some larger photos of the caps :thumbup:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/_skyline/TS_70_A.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/_skyline/TS_70_B.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/_skyline/TS_70_S.jpg

monchiwai
06-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Kawasaki? Where is that?
MULLY

It is about 20 min train away from Tokyo. Between Tokyo and Yokohama.
Let me know if you are coming :wink:

mullyman
06-21-2010, 04:59 PM
It is about 20 min train away from Tokyo. Between Tokyo and Yokohama.
Let me know if you are coming :wink:

My school festival is this weekend. I'm actually working Saturday and Sunday, but I get Monday off. Wooohooo!! Don't worry, man, I'm definitely going to try and make it up there for one of these tournaments. You and I talked about what happened to me here in Shizuoka and how I feel about tournament play. Getting out of Shizuoka though sounds great because I love tournaments. I just don't want my money going to the Shizuoka association.
MULLY