PDA

View Full Version : Another name for a blocked shot...

Tramp Steamer
06-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Well, it's another beautiful Sunday morning here at the home. Most of the staff is gone so us regulars pretty much have the run of the place.
The rec room where the pool tables are doesn't open up for another fifteen minutes, and I've got a little time on my hands, so I was thinking.
When the object ball is blocked by another ball we call it a safety, right? My question then is what other names, historically or locally by you, have been used to describe a blocked shot?
I'll go first.
When I was young we called it a 'peenie'. As in, "He sure peenied you on that shot." Or, "Peenie my ass, will you?"
Who's next? :smile:

strokerace
06-20-2010, 06:18 AM
Well, it's another beautiful Sunday morning here at the home. Most of the staff is gone so us regulars pretty much have the run of the place.
The rec room where the pool tables are doesn't open up for another fifteen minutes, and I've got a little time on my hands, so I was thinking.
When the object ball is blocked by another ball we call it a safety, right? My question then is what other names, historically or locally by you, have been used to describe a blocked shot?
I'll go first.
When I was young we called it a 'peenie'. As in, "He sure peenied you on that shot." Or, "Peenie my ass, will you?"
Who's next? :smile:

No Daylight..

Thunderball
06-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Are you trying not to say "richard"?

Tis a pretty common term here.

As in " I might have made that ball, but it was a lot easier to shoot you a "richard" and get bih for the out".

TX Poolnut
06-20-2010, 07:43 AM
You're hooked.

12310bch
06-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Snookered, hid, buried, screwed (and all it's related family of terms.")

joelpope
06-20-2010, 12:24 PM
.... boned ... is the term frequently used,

"he ran 6 balls then boned himself on the seven"

Tramp Steamer
06-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks everybody.
12310 you're disqualified for giving more than one answer. No soup for you! :smile: