PDA

View Full Version : Happy father's day!!

Cue-Z
06-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Happy Dad's Day to ALL the GREAT Pool Playing Dads here on AZB.

Enjoy your Day...Do Something Special for Yourself...You Deserve it!!

:groucho::groucho::groucho::groucho::groucho:

JoeyA
06-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Happy Father's Day to everyone.

I had a great day.

We started off at Outback Steak House where I ordered two Rita Margaritas because we had to wait so long to get a table.;) A ribeye for a change with a baked sweet potatoe and I was good to go.

After that, my son had a special day planned for me. It seems that he wanted to build a 6 foot chain link fence in his back yard. He wanted the chain link because it allows the air to circulate way better than the privacy wood fences and it is so hot down here, it really made sense to me.

This has been a project in the works for some time now but we were getting really close to getting it done, so when he asked what I wanted to to do for Father's Day, I could only think of finishing the fence. :D We sweated in the hot sun, learning the tricks of the trade as we went along. I had a friend who builds fences for a living offer to build it for me but I wanted my son and I to build it together. Who knows when an opportunity like that will come along again? Anyway, we borrowed fence post pounders, post hole diggers and put the fence posts in the ground last weekend. The posts were nice and strong, so I returned the fence post digger and pounder and borrowed the come-along and other device for pulling on the chain link fence. After a few hours of hustling in the sun, we started arguing and had to take a break. The sun and hard work was bearing down on us pretty hard. :smile:

We got the fence up about an hour ago and a couple of beers and we are done for the day. I'm cooling off and getting ready to jump in the shower and get rid of some of the sweat. Yeah, it's been a good day. The fence is up. It looks professional. It's strong straight and level and my son's dog LOVES the additional room and spent the evening exploring the additional land that he had purchased. The servitude that he purchased was only 38' x 12' so it wasn't like a full lot that we were fencing up but when you have never even attempted to work on a fence with someone who knows what they're doing, the work goes kind of slow and it's back to the school of hard knocks; learning as you go. :smile:

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

sunnyone
06-20-2010, 07:06 PM
doggie runs!

mr. joey ... sounds as if you had a great bonding father's day!

i treated my dad to -- not a fence, tough to do with an nyc townhouse -- but to a gramercy park stroll. (the last private park in manhattan!) followed by cocktails in danny myer's new hotel bar and then sashimi and sushi back at my place.

i think he and my mom had a good time, i know i did!

bye!

sunny