PDA

View Full Version : BK2 as a player cue

Fatboy
06-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Has anyone put a normal tip on a BK2 and used it as their daily player. I just got one, I awalys like to try new things, I know they are not new but it's new to me. By trying many cues as possible I learn about them-and that's fun for me, more fun than collecting, but not as fun as playing.

Anyways I got the cue and my break sucks, I was interested in the cue as much or more than solving my break problem, I played about 90 mins with it, I break better with my daily player lol, but man i sure did like the feel of the cue and ho it played, with q phenolic tip there are limitations to how much spin you can put on the ball, i can draw the rock with it if the OB is close enough.

I really like how the cue is constructed and feels, I imagine I could play pretty good with a medium tip on it,

so Has anyone ever converted one to a player by changing the tip on a BK2??? I'm going to sometime down road, i get a new break cue about nonce a year. Lasttime e put a ob-1 shaft on a gulassy as a player Ming Ng used it for almost a year, played great.

Thanks
Eric

Luxury
06-20-2010, 03:27 PM
My buddy who is a threat to run out a rack any time comes over and gambles and plays amazing with my bk2. He plays with it as a player using the original tip. Blows my mind.

woody_968
06-20-2010, 05:42 PM
I have a friend that has one. I didnt have my cues with me one day and used it as my player and it played GREAT just the way it was LOL.

icem3n
06-20-2010, 06:08 PM
My friend plays with the BK1 that I sold him. :smile:

monchiwai
06-20-2010, 08:30 PM
My friend put a Medium-hard tip on his BK-1 and it plays and breaks great!

Nostroke
06-20-2010, 08:33 PM
When they first came out, they had leather tips and i played very well with it. Loved it!

bogey54311
06-20-2010, 08:39 PM
The first year the bk1 came out, everyone in Valley Forge was playing/breaking with one. They had a silmilar taper to a 314 playing shaft.
The new bk2 has a stiffer, fatter taper.

chris G

Tokyo-dave
06-20-2010, 09:11 PM
I know of three players on the Japan tour that played with the BK1 as their main player as recently as 2007. Don't know if that's what they're doing now, but at the time, the no. 1 ranked amateur was using one and took it with him when he turned pro. After that, Keiske Hanawa, a first year pro at the time started using one instead of his Dayton. Then a third player whos name I don't know started using one. For a while, the BK 1 became a pretty popular playing cue among several amateurs. Don't know what they're doing now though.
dave

doublej487
06-21-2010, 05:53 AM
i play in some tournaments around columbus and a saw a guy use 1 one

Largon
06-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Couple of years back it seemed to be very popular here in Finland to use Predator BK2 as a player cue.

But instead of changing the tip, they just put the 314-2/Z-2 from their original player and used the earlier player as an break cue with the BK2:s shaft.

And it feels like everyone here uses a Predator, not so many custom cues here.

poolplayer2093
06-23-2010, 09:58 PM
there was someone who posted on here before who said he played with his BK2 without changing the tip. that is until the cue exploded on him. i've seen 2-3 other people throw regular tips on their bk2's (some of them bk2 sport).

nothing wrong with it. real low key i guess

Grilled Cheese
06-24-2010, 01:17 AM
I've got a BK2. From what I can tell, the taper is a bit stronger. Gets thicker quicker.

Also, the ferrule appears to be a linen phenolic.

Doesn't have as low of low deflection as the 314-2, but still a LD shaft. Like a stiffer hitting 314-2 is all it is without being the FAT shaft.

Roy Steffensen
06-24-2010, 02:08 AM
I am sometimes putting on my ob-shaft to my BK1, since I am using uniloc on both break and playing cue.

Plays the same as my $1500 cue lol

The shaft is what matters, imo. I could probably play the same no matter butt-end I used as long I have the ob-shaft

Fatboy
06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Couple of years back it seemed to be very popular here in Finland to use Predator BK2 as a player cue.

But instead of changing the tip, they just put the 314-2/Z-2 from their original player and used the earlier player as an break cue with the BK2:s shaft.

And it feels like everyone here uses a Predator, not so many custom cues here.

I have around 100 custom cues :wink::)