PDA

View Full Version : Recovering Rails

RicNic
06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
I would appreciate someone giving me some advice on how to eliminate puckers at the corner pocket ends when recovering rails with Simonis 760 cloth. I suspect I didn't pull enough cloth through the feather strips at the last 6 inches of the end to minimize the amount of cloth wrapping around the facing. Thanks for any suggestions.

kobyp
06-21-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm definitely subscribing to this one....

cigardave
06-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Start the same thread in the "Talk to a Mechanic" forum and you may get some meaningful responses.

Or an admin may move this one for you.

Neil
06-21-2010, 12:51 PM

realkingcobra
06-21-2010, 04:20 PM
There's a DVD coming out very....very soon on just that subject...as the contract between myself and Simonis is just about ready to be signed....to produce DVDs on how to correctly install the Simonis cloth on the slates as well as the rails;)

Dead Crab
06-21-2010, 05:32 PM
RKC had a set of instructions (with photos) on how to do corners, probably about 1-2 years ago, in the mechanic's forum. His advice on anchoring the back edge of the corner cloth early-on is good advice. If you search a bit, you should be able to find this thread.

I bought the instructions from Best Billiards, and thought it to be worth the money. They include a couple of short videos that you can download, that show their approach to working out the wrinkles.

http://www.bestbilliard.com/catalog/1004.cfm?Prod_ID=420

RicNic
06-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm really looking forward to getting the DVD when it's available!!!