PDA

View Full Version : Inside Pool Magazine

9_Ball_King
06-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Back around February I received my issue of Inside Pool Magazine.

poolpro
06-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Back around February I received my issue of Inside Pool Magazine and before I had a chance to read it my little girl's new puppy urinated on it. I figured no big deal.......I will call Inside Pool Magazine and surely they would send a valued customer/subscriber such as myself another copy of that issue. However, when I called they insisted I pay for the shipping of the magazine. I did not like this solution (I wanted another issue mailed to me at no charge).
I informed them that if they didn't send me another copy at no charge then when my subscription ran out I would NOT RENEW but would rather switch to another pool magazine. They said they didn't care:frown: Today I received a call from the same person seeking my renewal. When I told/reminded her what happened back in February she still basically said she didn't care. So I most likely will be subscribing to Billiards Digest. This seems to be a bad business decision on Inside Pool's part. It does not make sense for them to give up the $$$$ from my subscription (potentially many more YEARS of my subscription) for a $2 shipping charge. I should have mentioned this to JR Calvert at Valley Forge this year. I can't imagine he would have been happy about this. I actually used to play on the same APA team with JR back in the late 80's/early 90's! But I also thought maybe he would fire the girl for being, how shall I put it, not too smart. The whole situation just makes me sad and actually blows my mind.

Well, $2 is $2! I completely understand your point, but you are just as guilty as making a big deal out of $2 as they are.

You got what you paid for, and through no fault of theirs damaged your property ( or allowed it to be damaged). Why should they give you something for free? You expect them to give you the very thing that they SELL as their means of revenue. Why do you feel you are entitled to this? Actually they DID offer you a free copy, they just did not feel that they should also have to pay additional $$ to give you something for free.

I can't think of many things or situations where I can purchase something and go back to where I purchased it and say " well, the thing I just bought was ruined, so I am here to pick up my free replacement". Then look all put out when I do not get it and threaten to take my business elswhere.

I would love to see you sell a cue to someone who readily admits they broke the cue in half before they got to shoot with it and DEMANDS a free replacement. You then generously offer them a free replacement cue if they will cover shipping. How would you feel if this buyer then says " I do not feel I should be responsible for shipping. I will just take my business elsewhere!" I think you would be glad to let them go annoy another seller.

Look, I get it. It is only $2. But I love the mentality that something is only x but that the same amount is just as important to the person saying it is sooo insignificant! It is like when someone borrows money from you, promises to pay it back in a wekk, then when 3 weeks go by and you have the nerve to ask for it back they look shocked that you would even bring it up!! " It is ONLY $50!" They sure did not feel that way when they asked to borrow it!

Yes it would have been GREAT customer service to send you a free copy AND cover shipping! Instead you only got GOOD customer service with an offer of a free replacement minus shipping. Sure looks like you got real screwed on that one!:rolleyes:

I would not be suprised if they sent you out a copy with free shipping, but I do not feel you are justified to feel entitled to it and demand it and make a big stink because you did not get something for nothing.

just a reality check.

Jw

chuckpilegis
06-21-2010, 01:26 PM
When you were at Valley Forge you probably could have picked up 50 copies at the Inside Pool booth

Nostroke
06-21-2010, 01:29 PM
I can't believe you started a thread over $2 you weren't owed.

K Knight
06-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I respectfully agree with PoolPro. While I agree that more businesses would be better served by taking a Customer Lifetime Value approach in their customer service departments as opposed to a transactional cost criteria for decision making, I feel like you are overstepping with regards to what you expect is owed to you. You bought something, you ruined it, you are not owed anything. As a customer service gesture they could go above and beyond and replace it and that would be great service, but you were not slighted in any sense of the word by them not taking that path.

Johnnyt
06-21-2010, 01:35 PM
They sent you the copy. The copy arrived to you in good condition. IMO they don't owe you anything. Johnnyt

9_Ball_King
06-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, $2 is $2! I completely understand your point, but you are just as guilty as making a big deal out of $2 as they are.

You got what you paid for, and through no fault of theirs damaged your property ( or allowed it to be damaged). Why should they give you something for free? You expect them to give you the very thing that they SELL as their means of revenue. Why do you feel you are entitled to this? Actually they DID offer you a free copy, they just did not feel that they should also have to pay additional $$ to give you something for free.

I can't think of many things or situations where I can purchase something and go back to where I purchased it and say " well, the thing I just bought was ruined, so I am here to pick up my free replacement". Then look all put out when I do not get it and threaten to take my business elswhere.

I would love to see you sell a cue to someone who readily admits they broke the cue in half before they got to shoot with it and DEMANDS a free replacement. You then generously offer them a free replacement cue if they will cover shipping. How would you feel if this buyer then says " I do not feel I should be responsible for shipping. I will just take my business elsewhere!" I think you would be glad to let them go annoy another seller.

Look, I get it. It is only $2. But I love the mentality that something is only x but that the same amount is just as important to the person saying it is sooo insignificant! It is like when someone borrows money from you, promises to pay it back in a wekk, then when 3 weeks go by and you have the nerve to ask for it back they look shocked that you would even bring it up!! " It is ONLY $50!" They sure did not feel that way when they asked to borrow it!

Yes it would have been GREAT customer service to send you a free copy AND cover shipping! Instead you only got GOOD customer service with an offer of a free replacement minus shipping. Sure looks like you got real screwed on that one!:rolleyes:

I would not be suprised if they sent you out a copy with free shipping, but I do not feel you are justified to feel entitled to it and demand it and make a big stink because you did not get something for nothing.

just a reality check.

Jw
Poolpro,

I understand where you are coming from. But understand I could have fibbed a little to them and said my issue was damaged when I got it....but I told them the truth and in a way it was a little test to see how much they value me as a customer/subscriber. There is more than one magazine vying for my subscription dollars. It is not that I feel "entitled" to receive another copy at no charge.....it is more that I feel they are not valuing my patronage enough. And that is cool......I will read a different magazine. You will never be able to convince me that it was a "smart" business decision on their part. It was one issue and a one-time thing. Inside Pool Magazine's representative's attitude was not a good attitude. I still believe you should bend over backwards to "satisfy the customer". And simply sending out one extra issue at no charge, in my mind, does not even come close to qualifying as "bending over backwards". As I said this situation makes me sad not mad. The company/supplier must do more and be held more accountable, in my eyes, than the patron/subscriber. Hell no I shouldn't have let the dog pee on my magazine. But a good company would not care, a good customer representative would look at the entire picture and fix the problem to the customer's satisfaction, the company needs to simply DO MORE. Entitled? Heck no! Expecting resolution to my satisfaction? Sorry but YES!

SpiderWebComm
06-21-2010, 01:41 PM
I agree with Johnny. It's not their fault your dog pissed on the magazine. Why should they pay? They sent you a good copy, it arrived ok - and it got damaged in your care.

That's like going to the super market, buying a gallon of milk, leaving it out by mistake until it sours.... and then going to the store demanding a refund/replacement. Do you think the supermarket would give you a free gallon? You should try that out. That will be a good test.

cigardave
06-21-2010, 01:46 PM
They sent you the copy. The copy arrived to you in good condition. IMO they don't owe you anything. Johnnyt
I agree... and when they offered to replace the soiled issue at no cost to you more than the $2 it takes to ship it to you, you had the gall to bust their chops... unbelieveable.

14-1StraightMan
06-21-2010, 02:01 PM

just a reality check.

Jw

100% Correct. I totally agree.
It would be different if you got your copy and there were pages missing etc. But it was in your possession when it got damage.

poolpro
06-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Poolpro,

I understand where you are coming from. But understand I could have fibbed a little to them and said my issue was damaged when I got it....but I told them the truth and in a way it was a little test to see how much they value me as a customer/subscriber. There is more than one magazine vying for my subscription dollars. It is not that I feel "entitled" to receive another copy at no charge.....it is more that I feel they are not valuing my patronage enough. And that is cool......I will read a different magazine. You will never be able to convince me that it was a "smart" business decision on their part. It was one issue and a one-time thing. Inside Pool Magazine's representative's attitude was not a good attitude. I still believe you should bend over backwards to "satisfy the customer". And simply sending out one extra issue at no charge, in my mind, does not even come close to qualifying as "bending over backwards". As I said this situation makes me sad not mad. The company/supplier must do more and be held more accountable, in my eyes, than the patron/subscriber. Hell no I shouldn't have let the dog pee on my magazine. But a good company would not care, a good customer representative would look at the entire picture and fix the problem to the customer's satisfaction, the company needs to simply DO MORE. Entitled? Heck no! Expecting resolution to my satisfaction? Sorry but YES!

I never said they bent over backwards. In fact I specifically said that GREAT service would be to send you a free mag and free shipping. GOOD service is nothing more than doing what they agreed to do when they took your money. They upheld their end, you got what you paid for. They did go above just holding up their end of the deal, but you are not satisfied.

I love that you are all about accountability ( as highlighted above), but you do not seem to apply ANY to yourself! So you EXPECT something because you did NOT LIE? What is that?

You made a deal ( a year of mags for a year of paid subscription). They did what they said they would, and you feel because you did not go out of your way to defraud them you DESERVE free product?

That is like me walking up to you on the street and saying " well, I could just rob you, but I didn't. I feel that you should just give me half of what is in your wallet, for being SOOO honest! By the way, that was just a test" Are you kidding me? What planet do you live on?

Have you noticed that no one is agreeing with you? That is BIG CLUE!! Why are you sooo special? They need to value your patronage? They did! They sent you everything you paid for! Why do you feel you deserve more than everyone else? Notice no one else so far has sugested that they feel the company should send you a free mag. So you think you deserve it just cause you're special? Should they just send out 2 copies every month as a backup? Then you would complain if the cost of the subscription goes up!

Sorry bro, you are just wrong on this one. You have the right to feel however you want, but the sooner you learn how things work, the happier you will ultimately be.

Have you EVER sold anything on here? Tell me as a seller you would handle a customer the same way you feel you should be treated here. Would you replace an item that was damged from abuse for free - and ship it free too?

i just bought a camera online. They sent it out just as they should. In the meantime I saw a better camera that would make a better present for my neice. When the camera arrived, I no longer had a need for it. I was able to return it, but I had to pay to ship it back! I had no problem with this. They delivered as promised. I WAS THE ONE WHO CHANGED MY MIND. I am responsible, not them. I have bought many things from this same seller and will gladly continue to do so! BTW, the shipping was more than $2!! I feel they value me and my business just fine! I do not feel I deserve any special treatment. This is the way the world works. Man up and take a little bit of responsibility!

Ok, I am done ranting. I am sorry but an out of whack sense of entitlement gets me going sometimes!

Seriously, get over it! You got what you paid for. You have NOTHING to ***** about, and are not owed a damn thing.

Jw

Neil
06-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Tramp Steamer
06-21-2010, 02:32 PM
I agree with Neil. It was your dog who didn't hold up his end of the bargain by pissing on your magazine. Actually, it was his leg that was held up that resulted in the ruination of your publication so shame on both of you. :smile:

elvicash
06-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Poolpro,

9 Ball King I bet you are hard to gamble or play with as well. You seem to want to press the what I am worth as a customer envelope pretty hard. I usually buy my subscription at the Derby and get a year and a t-shirt for what most t-shirts go for at the Derby. The mag is a good and I would find it hard for me to disagree with them and take your side. I am sure the new mag will be happy to get your business until that dog starts to doing thier business again.

PS I am interested in seeing who agrees with you on this one I think it will be a short or zero length list.

pooltchr
06-21-2010, 02:44 PM
If we are hill-hill in a $50 match, and I miscue while shooting the 9 (I had an accident...not your fault, my fault), If I asked you if I caould try again I'm sure you would be more than happy to let me go ahead and shoot again...............wouldn't you????????????

Or would you say, no you can't shoot again, but we won't count that game, so you get another chance. And if you made that offer, would I be entitled to get upset because you didn't just give me another chance to shoot?

Steve

Mr Slate
06-21-2010, 03:35 PM
I just want to know which player was on the cover of the magazine the puppy went #1 on? The pooch is obviously not a fan.

dr9ball
06-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Can't you download it online and read it?

http://www.insidepoolmag.com/downloads

twal
06-21-2010, 04:13 PM
It is actually a joke that someone would complain about this at all.
I think it is pretty sad. You know there are probably a lot of people out there feeling that they are entitled to more and more. It is those 5% of people that make the cost for everything to go up. :mad:
You know what the customer service rep wanted to tell him is that they are better off without his business.:cool:

oldzilla
06-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Back around February I received my issue of Inside Pool Magazine and before I had a chance to read it my little girl's new puppy urinated on it. I figured no big deal.......I will call Inside Pool Magazine and surely they would send a valued customer/subscriber such as myself another copy of that issue. However, when I called they insisted I pay for the shipping of the magazine. I did not like this solution (I wanted another issue mailed to me at no charge).
I informed them that if they didn't send me another copy at no charge then when my subscription ran out I would NOT RENEW but would rather switch to another pool magazine. They said they didn't care:frown: Today I received a call from the same person seeking my renewal. When I told/reminded her what happened back in February she still basically said she didn't care. So I most likely will be subscribing to Billiards Digest. This seems to be a bad business decision on Inside Pool's part. It does not make sense for them to give up the $$$$ from my subscription (potentially many more YEARS of my subscription) for a $2 shipping charge. I should have mentioned this to JR Calvert at Valley Forge this year. I can't imagine he would have been happy about this. I actually used to play on the same APA team with JR back in the late 80's/early 90's! But I also thought maybe he would fire the girl for being, how shall I put it, not too smart. The whole situation just makes me sad and actually blows my mind.

dude ! you can see february 2010 here

http://issuu.com/insidepoolmag/docs/februaryonline?mode=embed&proShowMenu=true&proShowSidebar=true&layout=http%3A//skin.issuu.com/v/light/layout.xml

and all other ones here, just surf the archives on the right side of the page !

http://issuu.com/insidepoolmag/docs/may_june_online_1?mode=embed&layout=http%3A%2F%2Fskin.issuu.com%2Fv%2Fcolor%2Fl ayout.xml&backgroundColor=000000&showFlipBtn=true&proShowMenu=true&proShowSidebar=true&autoFlip=true&autoFlipTime=1000

it's all on their webpage, from clicking the magazine download !

but seriously it was not their fault and they owed you nothing imho.

Fatboy
06-21-2010, 06:05 PM
only on a pool forum would you see people arguing about $2 or sharpie marker points on a 25 year sold cue. its petty stuff. IMO JR should have just shipped another one,

Runnintable
06-21-2010, 07:00 PM
They practically give this magazine away. Good publication support it.

Ken_4fun
06-21-2010, 10:05 PM
You are an incredible nit.

Ken

"T"
06-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Posts other than the OP's, 20 total.

Posts in favor of the OP, 0.
Posts against, 20.

I'll go out on a limb and make this 21. :D

zy112
06-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Edit: Not worth the time argueing this one.

Bob Jewett
06-22-2010, 04:03 AM
... my little girl's new puppy urinated on it. ...
Everybody's a critic. If he didn't like it, he could have just stopped reading it. I think your issue is with the puppy. Is he roasting size yet? Try a ginger-chipotle sauce.

As for what IP should have done, that's debatable. I ship DVDs to people (uninsured, no delivery confirmation). If they don't get one, I send another. If it's illegible, I send another, but I ask them to send the old one back, without the album cover, as cheaply as possible. (I suppose IP wouldn't want your magazine back.) If someone said that he left it out on the desk for an instant and the cat started chewing on the edge, I'd probably ask for the actual cost of replacement, which is about $5. If someone demanded that I send such a replacement for free, I'd probably decide that I had had enough frustration for the day and terminate the conversation, but I don't depend on continued sales for my living.

joelpope
06-22-2010, 04:41 AM
this takes entitlement to a new high... why does the world owe you for your mistakes?

If the editor pissed on your mag, maybe they owe you a new one

MOJOE
06-22-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm with everyone else in this thread.. I can't believe people come on here with such moronic posts and expect everyone to just agree with them.. WOW..

Your dog pi$$ed on the magazine, pony up and pay for another copy if you want it so badly!.. People never cease to amaze me.. You are owed nothing but you do owe IP an apology for being so nitty!!! JMHO

ChazL
06-22-2010, 06:43 AM
...a good customer representative would look at the entire picture and fix the problem to the customer's satisfaction, the company needs to simply DO MORE. Entitled? Heck no! Expecting resolution to my satisfaction? Sorry but YES!

So you are indicating here that a "resolution to your satisfaction" involves being provided with goods and services that you are admittedly not entitled to? And rather than covering Inside Pool's out-of-pocket costs for shipping the replacement issue, you expect something for nothing?

I don't think many businesses would be too upset over losing a customer like you.

justadub
06-22-2010, 06:59 AM
I am with the group on this one, the OP is out of line expecting a free copy with no S&H for something ruined in his care.

What I will say is this: IF the young lady on the phone actually DID say "I don't care" or anything to that effect, then yes, InsidePool does have a customer service issue. That alone doesn't justify the expectation of something-for-nothing, but if it went down as the OP says, the phone conversation could have been handled better. Saying "I don't care" to any paying customer is like telling them to f-off. I somehow doubt that phrase was actually used, but that was what our OP took for inference since he wasn't getting his way.

By the way, I just had to replace my recliner due to our new puppy chewing through the fabric and yanking foam everywhere. (Quite a sight when I came home that day!) Where do I go to get my recliner replaced? What message board can I flame LazyBoy on?

TheBook
06-22-2010, 08:15 AM
The OP edited his original post but it is still in the quotes. You can run but you can't hide.

His original post is why the world is in such a mess. The blame is always passed onto someone else along with the financial liabilities.

Make this 28 against to 0 for.

hang-the-9
06-22-2010, 08:46 AM
I dropped a jar of jelly once outside when I went shopping. Not only did I clean it up, glass and all, I went back and paid for a second one. Asking to pay for shipping was pretty fair I think. And you can get all of their issues free online.

pooltchr
06-22-2010, 09:40 AM
The OP edited his original post but it is still in the quotes. You can run but you can't hide.

His original post is why the world is in such a mess. The blame is always passed onto someone else along with the financial liabilities.

Make this 28 against to 0 for.

I guess with unanimous disapproval, deleting the comments was the only way to save face. Not much doubt he will get no sympathy from this forum.

Steve

KoolKat9Lives
06-22-2010, 09:58 AM
IP: "IP, how may I assist you?"

9BKing: "Hi. Fido pissed all over my Feb edition of IP. I'd like to request another one be sent to me ASAP free of charge. BTW, do you have the # for the ASPCA?"

IP: "Sorry, I must charge for at least shipping, it's only $2 though. BTW, just give Fido a bowl of antifreeze. It's cheap and effective."

9BKing: "WTF, I'm a valued subscriber! I sent ya'll $12 in the last 20 years. Bow to me! BTW, do you have any coupons for Prestone you can send me for free?"

IP: "Bow wow this buckwheat. It's $2 or no soup for you! BTW, I'm sittin on your GD coupon right here. Uh Oh... I think I went piddle on it. Do you mind?"

9BKing: "Dontcha know who I am? I played league with JR back in the roaring 20's! He saw me run 4 balls once for a quarter! I'm gonna tattle to him! BTW, did you eat asparagus today?"

IP: "I don't care if you're the Queen of England. Go snorkle a cow cud you pud! BTW, yeah, it is quite odiferous."

9BDing: "Fine then you skankasaurus. Keep your stinkin IP mag, I'm gonna switch to abusing Billiards Digest. So there! And I'm gonna go whine on AZ about how cheap IP is. BTW, please dry out my coupon, sprinkle on some talc, and mail it free of charge. Good day."

9_Ball_King
06-22-2010, 10:12 AM
IP: "IP, how may I assist you?"

9BKing: "Hi. Fido pissed all over my Feb edition of IP. I'd like to request another one be sent to me ASAP free of charge. BTW, do you have the # for the ASPCA?"

IP: "Sorry, I must charge for at least shipping, it's only $2 though. BTW, just give Fido a bowl of antifreeze. It's cheap and effective."

9BKing: "WTF, I'm a valued subscriber! I sent ya'll $12 in the last 20 years. Bow to me! BTW, do you have any coupons for Prestone you can send me for free?"

IP: "Bow wow this buckwheat. It's $2 or no soup for you! BTW, I'm sittin on your GD coupon right here. Uh Oh... I think I went piddle on it. Do you mind?"

9BKing: "Dontcha know who I am? I played league with JR back in the roaring 20's! He saw me run 4 balls once for a quarter! I'm gonna tattle to him! BTW, did you eat asparagus today?"

IP: "I don't care if you're the Queen of England. Go snorkle a cow cud you pud! BTW, yeah, it is quite odiferous."

9BDing: "Fine then you skankasaurus. Keep your stinkin IP mag, I'm gonna switch to abusing Billiards Digest. So there! And I'm gonna go whine on AZ about how cheap IP is. BTW, please dry out my coupon, sprinkle on some talc, and mail it free of charge. Good day."
Quite funny I'll admit. I apologize for the thread. I was wrong. I apologize to Inside Pool mag. I apologize to all you threadreaders. I was wrong. I say Uncle.

MOJOE
06-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Quite funny I'll admit. I apologize for the thread. I was wrong. I apologize to Inside Pool mag. I apologize to all you threadreaders. I was wrong. I say Uncle.

It takes a strong person to man up to his mistakes.. Kudos to you! We all make em by the way, just some folks are too stubborn to fess up.. Peace!

cigardave
06-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I wish that I subscibed. If so, I'd send you my issue. Cheers, brother. :thumbup: