PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on OB Classic

jed1894
06-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I thought I'd get some fresh information. I have a Seyberts gift card (father's day!) to burn at Seyberts. I was thinking of trying a OB Classic for my Schons.

I've had an OB-1 before and did not like it very much because it hit too soft. I like the Schon shaft with a Triangle fine, but you know how it is.....like to try something new. The factory Schon tip is just a tad hard. So, I was thinking the OB Classic might be about where the Schon is with a Triangle tip.

Any opinions (feel, wgt difference, etc.)?

thanks, jed

NewStroke
06-21-2010, 02:56 PM
If you like a stiffer hit (I do), then it's the best shaft on earth. Talk to Seyberts though and find out if you can "test" one. I think they will work with you, they are a great bunch.

Tokyo-dave
06-21-2010, 02:57 PM
I love mine! But maybe for reasons that would be different than others. I for one, wasn't out to eliminate deflection or reduce it as much as something like the Z shaft does. And the Classic ended up exactly what I was looking for. Manageable and consistent deflection, with a stiffer stronger hit than I've seen with the Predator products.
dave

twal
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
My opinion is in the cue review forum.
Take it or leave it.

easy-e
06-21-2010, 04:29 PM
I tried a Classic Pro at the Expo, and bought one after hitting 6 balls. I had so much confidence with it that I used it in the tournament that started that day. It is the NUTZ!

poolplayer2093
06-21-2010, 06:37 PM
I love mine! But maybe for reasons that would be different than others. I for one, wasn't out to eliminate deflection or reduce it as much as something like the Z shaft does. And the Classic ended up exactly what I was looking for. Manageable and consistent deflection, with a stiffer stronger hit than I've seen with the Predator products.
dave

Would you call it stiffer than a 314/314-2?

JustinHayes
06-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I have a z2 and a OB classic pro ... The OB Classic pro is for sure a stiffer hit .... I like it!

monchiwai
06-21-2010, 07:43 PM

Not answering for Dave. But personally I feel that OB classic hits stiffer than 314/314-2.

monchiwai
06-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I thought I'd get some fresh information. I have a Seyberts gift card (father's day!) to burn at Seyberts. I was thinking of trying a OB Classic for my Schons.

I've had an OB-1 before and did not like it very much because it hit too soft. I like the Schon shaft with a Triangle fine, but you know how it is.....like to try something new. The factory Schon tip is just a tad hard. So, I was thinking the OB Classic might be about where the Schon is with a Triangle tip.

Any opinions (feel, wgt difference, etc.)?

thanks, jed

Jed, take a look at my review
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=188708

jed1894
06-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks for all the replies. One more thing:

Has anyone made a direct comparison between Schon shaft and OB classic (wgt, feel, spin, deflection, etc.)? If so, what did you notice the most. I know the feel will be different, but I don't want to get too far off from the feel of my original Schon shaft in case I don't like the OB Classic.

thanks, jed

JustinHayes
06-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I like the Schon shaft with a Triangle fine, but you know how it is.....like to try something new.

It seems you like your Schon shaft but if you like to try new things get the OB Classic ...

... from Seyberts:

60 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee on Cues & Shafts

Seybert's Billiard Supply offers you a 100% money-back guarantee for any cue or shaft purchased. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your cue or shaft purchase, you may return your cue or shaft to us for a full refund for a full 60 days from the date of purchase.

This guarantee includes Chalked Cues & Shafts!

For your protection please be sure to send back the item in the original shipping container and insure the product for the full value in case of damage during the return process.

If you don't like it, return it ... or sell it to someone here

jed1894
06-22-2010, 08:34 AM
It seems you like your Schon shaft but if you like to try new things get the OB Classic ...

... from Seyberts:

60 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee on Cues & Shafts

Seybert's Billiard Supply offers you a 100% money-back guarantee for any cue or shaft purchased. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your cue or shaft purchase, you may return your cue or shaft to us for a full refund for a full 60 days from the date of purchase.

This guarantee includes Chalked Cues & Shafts!

For your protection please be sure to send back the item in the original shipping container and insure the product for the full value in case of damage during the return process.

If you don't like it, return it ... or sell it to someone here

Yes, you are right. I may do that......talking on the phone with them now about getting one made for my Schon.

jed

TATE
06-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Jed, take a look at my review
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=188708

That's the first time I read your review - great job!

I've had mine now for about 4 months and like it better every day. I think these shafts are going to hold up well over time too.

Chris

jed1894
06-22-2010, 09:11 AM
That's the first time I read your review - great job!

I've had mine now for about 4 months and like it better every day. I think these shafts are going to hold up well over time too.

Chris

Tate.....you didn't happen to compare to the feel of a Schon shaft did you?

jed

TATE
06-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Tate.....you didn't happen to compare to the feel of a Schon shaft did you?

jed

I think you're going to like the feel a lot. The dimensions are not too far off Schon and the weight, 3.9 to 4 ounces, is similar.

Some people have commented about different aspects, but nobody has said they are not a solid playing shaft. At first, until the Everest tip breaks in, the hit is going to be a little softer, but it will firm up over time.

My experience is Schon shafts tend to squirt quite a bit, so there will be an adjustment time - but that's all by the individual player.

If you decide to go with it, when you get it in, let us know your impressions.

Chris

Ponytail
06-22-2010, 10:35 AM

Yes. I'd call it stiffer than the 314.

I've written a couple of reviews on the OB Classic in other threads.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=178214 Post #1
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=180288&page=2 Post #17
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=176277&page=9 Post #135

In a nut shell, I like this shaft very much. You get tons of feed back from it. I really like the solid hit. I have one for both my P2, and Phillippe, and my wife got the OB Classic Pro for her P2.

Have been nothing but happy with them from the day I got it.