PDA

View Full Version : Thanks APA!!!

poolhustla61508
06-21-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm going back to vegas again in August! The weekend before last my eight ball team won the trip(my girlfriend is on the team with me). Last weekend my masters team won the trip.....

I'm pretty excited about this. I'm going back to vegas and the whole thing is payed for by the APA and I'll have alot left over after flight and hotel to have an awesome trip.

Mr Slate
06-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Congrats and have fun. I hope to make it there someday. :thumbup:

TCIndepMo
06-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Congratulations and "good luck" to you and the girlfriend.

I hope you finish in FIFTH place, right behind my four teams from the Kansas City area.

robleyf7
06-21-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm going back to vegas again in August! The weekend before last my eight ball team won the trip(my girlfriend is on the team with me). Last weekend my masters team won the trip.....

I'm pretty excited about this. I'm going back to vegas and the whole thing is payed for by the APA and I'll have alot left over after flight and hotel to have an awesome trip.

Awsome i knew u could do it now i can finally meet u an other AZers my 9ball Team Allso Qaulified for Vegas in August 18th-24 :P

btw did u say u won on 8ball an masters 2 dif teams?

poolhustla61508
06-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Awsome i knew u could do it now i can finally meet u an other AZers my 9ball Team Allso Qaulified for Vegas in August 18th-24 :P

btw did u say u won on 8ball an masters 2 dif teams?

Yep my eight ball team(Kings-N-Queens) won the trip my masters team(Spot This!) won also....

I'm excited about the masters more so because for one its alot better format and 2 One of our other strong players was out of town so I didn't think we'd win but our other players stepped up myself included and played awesome. I came out of the gate in the finals and won 7-2, so if we won the next match 7-5 or better we didn't have to play the 3rd match and we did. My buddy was down 5-2 and came back and won 5 in a row to close it out for us.:thumbup:

robleyf7
06-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Yep my eight ball team(Kings-N-Queens) won the trip my masters team(Spot This!) won also....

I'm excited about the masters more so because for one its alot better format and 2 One of our other strong players was out of town so I didn't think we'd win but our other players stepped up myself included and played awesome. I came out of the gate in the finals and won 7-2, so if we won the next match 7-5 or better we didn't have to play the 3rd match and we did. My buddy was down 5-2 and came back and won 5 in a row to close it out for us.:thumbup:

Awsome great job tell both ur Teams congratz an they will see me there too even tho they don.t know me at all lol but u do an thats all that counts

poolhustla61508
06-22-2010, 03:55 AM
lol....I'll tell them, and congrats to you and your team as well!

I'm ready to get out there and play I can't wait.

palmer54
06-22-2010, 06:19 AM
A bunch of Gainesville Florida teams made it this year. I will be going with my wife whos ladies team won. Alas my two teams didnt make it so I will be cue caddie for this one....but there are always minis!!!!

playerhater
06-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Must had a team full of sandbaggers. APA is for people that think they can play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justadub
06-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Must had a team full of sandbaggers. APA is for people that think they can play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that didn't take long. Can't have anyone saying anything good involving APA without someone jumping in to pee in the pool. :mad:

Congrats on both of your wins, poolhustla61508! And good luck in Vegas. :thumbup:

I hope to go someday myself.

hang-the-9
06-22-2010, 08:48 AM
For some reason all I can see in my head is the end of an SNL skit with a bunch of the actors dressed up in sleeveless Ts, mullets and beer all over the place with thumbs up going "Thanks APA!!!"

justadub
06-22-2010, 09:05 AM
For some reason all I can see in my head is the end of an SNL skit with a bunch of the actors dressed up in sleeveless Ts, mullets and beer all over the place with thumbs up going "Thanks APA!!!"

I have to admit that is a funny image. :p

5andout
06-22-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm going out there too. Didn't win but going for the minis and whatever else hops off.

$TAKE HOR$E
06-22-2010, 10:43 AM

The teams that are going in our area got about $400 per person. It always seems like they are paying for the whole thing but you have to take into account the money that you put in per week over a years time (weekly fee's, quater's, drink's, food etc..) and subtract it from what the travel fund is. I remember playing and not getting enough in the end to even pay for the plane ticket let alone any of the hotel costs in Vegas, thank go for the two for one deals. We stayed at the Stardust the first couple times until they demo'd it. I quit playing a long time ago because of all the nonsense and petty bs in the league. I talked to teams that got their entire trip payed for because the bar they played out of picked up the remaining costs. Congrats to you though.:thumbup:

Blackball75
06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Wow, a positive thread about the APA for a change.

trustyrusty
06-22-2010, 11:25 AM
congrats on going to Vegas, and sorry to hear the girlfriend will be there as well....:rolleyes: lol

Foolio
06-22-2010, 03:52 PM
I will be going to for my first time to nationals and second time to Vegas. My eight ball team won and still have nine ball ltcs this weekend. Maybe I'll see u there, coming from orange county California.

You'll know me as the super four.

TX Poolnut
06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
congrats on going to Vegas, and sorry to hear the girlfriend will be there as well....:rolleyes: lol

It's OK. His wife is staying home. :smile:

jimmyjdrii
06-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Well i have a team going in 9-ball. I have been in the apa since 1991. I have been to nationals for team events masters and 8-ball doubles. This a great tournament. But im so upset with my league operater rite now hes a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!! He tried every thing in his power to make it so my teams could not win. So i got one up on them this time. Im looking forward to having a great time like i always do. Viva las vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robleyf7
06-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Awsome can.t wait too meet u all if yall remember what i look like an u see me stop an say hi :P

poolhustla61508
06-22-2010, 09:18 PM
After winning these two trips, I'm probably a little up on the apa money wise. I won a grand for each tournament! APA handicaping system can suck sometimes but at least in my area if you can win the trip you get compenstated well enough to cover your trip to vegas.

robleyf7
06-22-2010, 09:20 PM
After winning these two trips, I'm probably a little up on the apa money wise. I won a grand for each tournament! APA handicaping system can suck sometimes but at least in my area if you can win the trip you get compenstated well enough to cover your trip to vegas.

i havent been to vegas since 1998 lol whats ur Rank in 9ball?

FreeShot
06-22-2010, 10:06 PM

Congrats. I don't play pool much lately, but got on an APA team as an excuse to play. Our team won and will be going to Vegas :) - looking forward to it.

Noticed you're from Greensboro. I went to school there and lived there for about four years.

poolhustla61508
06-23-2010, 03:02 AM
i havent been to vegas since 1998 lol whats ur Rank in 9ball?

I'm a 9 in nine ball, and it sucks cause you rarely get to play unless you have a bunch of low ranks....

poolhustla61508
06-23-2010, 03:05 AM
It's OK. His wife is staying home. :smile:

lol....I'm too young to be married

poolhustla61508
06-23-2010, 03:06 AM
Congrats. I don't play pool much lately, but got on an APA team as an excuse to play. Our team won and will be going to Vegas :) - looking forward to it.

Noticed you're from Greensboro. I went to school there and lived there for about four years.

Congrats on winning, I'm definitely ready to go...

What school did you goto?

FreeShot
06-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Congrats on winning, I'm definitely ready to go...

What school did you goto?

Went to UNCG. Was there 93-98. Played at Baker's, Breakers, and Cue and Spirits mainly. Baker's was a nice room, but they closed down in like 97. Shooter's wasn't opened yet. Greensboro had such a cool pool scene. There were decent tournaments almost every night of the week. Lot's of action at Baker's. Don't know how it is now.

Good luck to you in Vegas.

markpatrick
06-23-2010, 03:46 PM
I have to admit that is a funny image. :p

No Vegas for me, I have to drive 30 minutes accross town to play in the Missouri 8 ball team tournament which pays $7000 for 1st, 3 times a year.

Just had to play in one session to qualify as well.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

dogginda9
06-23-2010, 04:37 PM
See you all there. We should have an AZ gathering as well.:thumbup:

Ctwitty
06-23-2010, 06:12 PM
No Vegas for me, I have to drive 30 minutes accross town to play in the Missouri 8 ball team tournament which pays $7000 for 1st, 3 times a year.

Just had to play in one session to qualify as well.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

I have read your posts over and over singing the praises of the missouri 8 ball crap. No one else really cares that you play in that tiny mess. The only thing I get from all of your posts is that you are so jealous, lol. loser

Roger Long
06-23-2010, 11:07 PM

And is being knocked by someone who KNOWS he can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robleyf7
06-23-2010, 11:16 PM
See you all there. We should have an AZ gathering as well.:thumbup:

i agree we should all meet somewheres in the Rive hotel somewheres not sure where but

poolhustla61508
06-24-2010, 04:31 AM
Went to UNCG. Was there 93-98. Played at Baker's, Breakers, and Cue and Spirits mainly. Baker's was a nice room, but they closed down in like 97. Shooter's wasn't opened yet. Greensboro had such a cool pool scene. There were decent tournaments almost every night of the week. Lot's of action at Baker's. Don't know how it is now.

Good luck to you in Vegas.

I never had the chance to play at Bakers but I've heard of it before. Breakers is still a decent spot to play not my favorite but it's a nice place. Cue-N-Spirits is now Tailgators and I don't like it at all, it's more of a hang out spot than a pool room, just not my type of place.
Now Gate City, Shooters, and Jakes are probably the best places to shoot pool in my opinion.

Robroy
06-24-2010, 05:13 AM

That is very cool! Have fun in moderation. Stop by my booth and say hi, tell me this story and I will know who you are.
Enjoy!

robleyf7
06-24-2010, 09:06 AM
That is very cool! Have fun in moderation. Stop by my booth and say hi, tell me this story and I will know who you are.
Enjoy!

i.ll be stoping by your booth miss Robin i wanna meet as many people in vegas as i can while i.m there:thumbup::D

FreeShot
06-24-2010, 02:32 PM
I never had the chance to play at Bakers but I've heard of it before. Breakers is still a decent spot to play not my favorite but it's a nice place. Cue-N-Spirits is now Tailgators and I don't like it at all, it's more of a hang out spot than a pool room, just not my type of place.
Now Gate City, Shooters, and Jakes are probably the best places to shoot pool in my opinion.

Jakes opened about the time I left. Cue-N-Spirits had the only snooker table in Greensboro - is it still there? Back then it was a nice spot. There was also Tate St. Billards near UNCG. Not the best place, but decent tables and the closest pool room to where I lived.

Next time I have a day off I may go back and check out some of the pool rooms there.

I don't post here much, but if there is a Vegas meet up let me know.

poolhustla61508
06-25-2010, 01:21 AM
Enjoy!

I'll be sure and stop by thanks Robin!

poolhustla61508
06-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Jakes opened about the time I left. Cue-N-Spirits had the only snooker table in Greensboro - is it still there? Back then it was a nice spot. There was also Tate St. Billards near UNCG. Not the best place, but decent tables and the closest pool room to where I lived.

Next time I have a day off I may go back and check out some of the pool rooms there.

I don't post here much, but if there is a Vegas meet up let me know.

No snooker table there anymore. It is now called Tailgators and is more of a hang out than a pool room(which sucks) Tate street is also closed, I'm not sure why they closed I know there not open anymore though.

I'm sure we'll post all the details on here if there is a get together in vegas closer to tourney time.:thumbup: