PDA

View Full Version : Sly cues

BRivera
06-22-2010, 11:07 AM
I am just curious. I know a couple of guys that have purchased a sly cue. I can't remember the man's whole name. The cues are beautiful and play very nice but pricey. The only thing that bugs me is that I can't find the guys logo or name on the cue. I thought it was customary that all custom cue makers signed their cues? I shoot with a Scott Sherbine cue. He is out of Ephrata P.A. and is in the Blue Book. (Great cue I might add!!!) He normally signs and dates his cues. I think it would be very difficult to re-sell a cue to anyone if the buyer would have to take your word for what you are selling. Has anyone else found a problem with that?

peterskw
06-22-2010, 11:17 AM
I have 3 of Mr. Sly's cues and love them. They do not seem "pricey" to me but, that just my opinion. I love his cues and all mine have an S with an L through it as can be seen in the pic.

triley41395
06-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Leon Sly is a member on here so he would be the best person to answewr your question....I believe he also used an "S" for some of his earlier cues until he realized there was another cue maker using an S also

InTheCloudzzz
06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
I got an unbelievable deal here on AZ about 3 mths ago for a Leon Sly Sneaky Pete and 2 shafts (1 never used). Absolutely AWESOME shooting cue. It's the best cue I've ever had w/ the exception of the Keith Joseys I've had. But the Sly is a close 2nd!!!

Ryan

ronshirley
06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Leon sometimes, but rarely signs the cue under the wrap. This would be visible only when the wrap is removed.

Usually the LS logo is on the bottom or the cue is signed on the forearm above the wrap.

His cues are great. I have 2-3 now and have had a couple of others.

BRivera
06-23-2010, 06:43 AM
Great looking cue Pete!!! You're right though, compared to a Capone
or Scruggs I guess they're not too pricey. Hell of a playing cue also. I
still love my Scott Sherbine cue though. I guess I'm just a one cue man. :)

Thanks for the info all!

sidepocket7
06-23-2010, 08:54 PM
I bought a Sly cue from Leon back in early March, and I must say that the cue he made for me has a superior hit to it along with exceptional playability. Mine is a wrapless player, with a cocobolo forearm and buttsleeve, and a Rosewood handle. On mine, there is no visible logo ( I have seen some of his cues with his initials near the buttcap) however, one day I was looking closely at the grain of my forearm, and noticed that he did sign it "sly 2010" in black. It was kind of "hidden", which I found to be really neat.

ARROWCRUSHER
06-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Bobby, Leon did put his logo on cue's for a while infact he changed it a couple times. But he was signing his cue's for a while between the points like you seen on a couple of my cue's and my last highend veneer cue that you see me play with. Leon's cue's are not that pricey , You get waht you pay for when you buy a cue from Leon. It just happens that Leon is just been concentrating on some highend cue's as of late but he has always been capeable of doing points and veneers. You wont find a nicer guy and a good cuemaker out there. Get in touch with me if you want his info. <<<< ED