PDA

View Full Version : Low Deflection (LD) Jump cues with laminated shafts

maxeypad2007
06-22-2010, 06:35 PM
I have a varney jump break cue with a "white diamond" tip and a laminated shaft. The jump section of this cue is a bit longer than most. This is by far and wide the best jump cue I've ever used and is incredibly accurate for longer jumps in particular.

Do any other cuemakers make a jump cue like this?

JoeyInCali
06-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Why would you want a "low deflection" shaft for jumping?
You want that shaft to be as stiff as possible.

Long handles make long jumps easier.
Short handles make "spearing" the ball easier.

Cornerman
06-23-2010, 05:20 AM
I have a varney jump break cue with a "white diamond" tip and a laminated shaft. The jump section of this cue is a bit longer than most. This is by far and wide the best jump cue I've ever used and is incredibly accurate for longer jumps in particular.

Do any other cuemakers make a jump cue like this?Are you sure it's low deflection? Or is it just a lamintaed shaft?

RBC
06-23-2010, 06:18 AM
I'm with Cornerman.

What make is low deflection (squirt)?

Joey, I will say this about a LD shaft on jump cues. I have played around with it and, although it's a completely different animal, I really like jumping with a low cue ball squirt shaft.

MitchAlsup
06-23-2010, 11:45 AM
I though part of the purpose of the stiff jump cue shaft was to deflect out of the way of the rising cue ball !?!

JoeyInCali
06-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm with Cornerman.

Joey, I will say this about a LD shaft on jump cues. I have played around with it and, although it's a completely different animal, I really like jumping with a low cue ball squirt shaft.

I can't jump a lick with Pred shaft when I had one. The tip did not stay on the cueball.

JoeyInCali
06-23-2010, 12:05 PM
I though part of the purpose of the stiff jump cue shaft was to deflect out of the way of the rising cue ball !?!

THe opposite imo.

maxeypad2007
06-23-2010, 01:04 PM
I guess I don't know if its LD or not, but it is definitely laminated.

LAlouie
06-23-2010, 06:37 PM

Do any other cuemakers make a jump cue like this?

I was just going to post the same. WTF is that all about. And you hit the cueball square too.

MasterClass
06-25-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm with Cornerman.

So is it possible to use an OB shaft or the OB break shaft and make a jump break cue out of it?

I mean easy to jump with and not having to do so with some skill. Or are there limitations?