PDA

View Full Version : fur on a case

deadstroke13
06-23-2010, 10:28 AM
A weird question, would it hurt a case if I put rabbit or deer fur on it? If its possible what would be the best way to make the fur stick onto the case?

robertno1pool
06-23-2010, 06:24 PM
I would think Doe Estrus during the rut would work best.

http://www.mdroutdoorgroup.com/doe_estrus.html

You may need to beat a big buck off your case with a jump stick.

:thumbup:

8Ball48043
06-24-2010, 08:13 AM
When installing a leather wrap on a cue, we use contact cement. That should work well for attaching leather or hide to wood.

Clark_the_Shark
06-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Thread moved. Not a review.

ososlow
06-25-2010, 09:22 AM
furry cases scare me!:eek:

paulempor
06-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Fur like this?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/Merlin21/liberace-LotImg15176.jpg

bnall
06-25-2010, 09:32 AM
A weird question, would it hurt a case if I put rabbit or deer fur on it? If its possible what would be the best way to make the fur stick onto the case?

Are you a pimp pool player? If so where are the hoes at?

Rak9up
06-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Question why?

1. Are you going for the Libarachi look cause your gay?

2. You going to attach a spinner hinge on your belt and go for the outdated ZZ Top look when entering a pool hall

3. Are you just trying to piss off PETA by having fur?

4.Oh I see your one of those hustlers hiding your cheap or expensive cue
Wow pure genius the boys in my poolroom will be fighting each other to get at you to play for money

matta
06-25-2010, 10:03 AM

You guys all make fun of him but there are plenty of cases coming out of Justis's shop with the hair still on them.

To each his own.

Examples:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=188489
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=151710

ososlow
06-25-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm not making fun of him! I just get the ebe geebees (SP?) when i see dead animal fur:eek:

paulempor
06-25-2010, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=matta;2482631]You guys all make fun of him but there are plenty of cases coming out of Justis's shop with the hair still on them.

To each his own.
QUOTE]

I agree with to each his own and I was in no way criticizing the OP. However the link in your posts shows that th cases were made with the fur theme incorporated with the leather not being glued on as the OP suggested.

I posted the picture of Liberaci because that is what comes to mind when I hear a man wearing fur. Thats all

NewStroke
06-25-2010, 10:44 AM
If you do this, be prepared to be asked if someone can pet your case. If you allow it, be ready for next question: "Can I pet you?". :)

Please don't ruin your case.

LAlouie
06-25-2010, 11:04 AM
You're going to kill an animal just to decorate a stupid cue case???

Rak9up
06-25-2010, 11:31 AM
I just asked "why?" not necessarily making fun of him.

Now if he were to get a matching fur pool glove

Then oh yea I have to make fun

JohnPT
06-25-2010, 01:17 PM

A cow, a pig, an elephant or two and a couple trees died for my pool cue... and thats just for my playing cue. I have a couple more cues and a few cases. :p

matta
06-25-2010, 02:04 PM

Unless you are vegan, get over it. As long as we aren't pushing a population towards extinction, why does it matter?

And if you are a vegan, I'm not sure you could, in good conscience, play this game at all. I don't think there is a good substitute for a leather tip besides some other animal.

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet? Well, the same applies.

You have to kill a few animals to play some pool.

terminal_288
06-25-2010, 02:23 PM
I used to play on a pool team with a vegan, ( side bar i don't have a problem with vegans, but this guy was a bit of an ass "i'm better than you cause i'm a vegan" attitude.) the look on his face when I told him that the tip on his cue was leather priceless. Now getting back on topic I think that fur on a case could be very interesting.

Kickin' Chicken
06-25-2010, 07:08 PM
I personally like the look of fur cases very much. Here's some of my current cases.

Best,
Brian kc

poolplayer2093
06-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Are you a pimp pool player? If so where are the hoes at?

They better be out workin! "daddy" don't like it when they come up short

ShootingArts
06-25-2010, 07:41 PM
I personally like the look of fur cases very much. Here's some of my current cases.

Best,
Brian kc

How about a faux fox complete with a tail? :D :D :D

Hu

ronhudson
06-25-2010, 10:39 PM
When did ZZ Top become outdated?

manwon
06-25-2010, 11:08 PM

The only problem I see is the case could get flea's!!:eek:

jimmyg
06-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Okay, now for a serious answer.

The best way is to let the case grow it's own fur....then all you need to do is trim it occasionally. :grin:

Jim

terminal_288
06-26-2010, 01:45 AM
hey if your going to have a case that grows its own fur why not a chia pet case 142298 just put these bad boys on your case and you could have a green case :thumbup:

Kickin' Chicken
06-26-2010, 08:07 AM
How about a faux fox complete with a tail? :D :D :D

Hu

Why not? lol.

Kinda strange, I thought, was that back in the 40's, 50's, and 60's, it was very much in-style for women to wear fox fur stoles or shoulder wraps complete with not only the tails but the fox heads. How do you think PETA would like seeing someone wearing one of those, nowadays? :eek:

And as for the PETA folks, I often wonder, what do they do if they get strep throat? Every organism has the right to live, right?

Or how many PETA-minded people drive cars? They must try real hard to avoid all the bugs that end up going splat on their windshields. ;)

Best,
Brian kc

ShootingArts
06-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Why not? lol.

Kinda strange, I thought, was that back in the 40's, 50's, and 60's, it was very much in-style for women to wear fox fur stoles or shoulder wraps complete with not only the tails but the fox heads. How do you think PETA would like seeing someone wearing one of those, nowadays? :eek:

And as for the PETA folks, I often wonder, what do they do if they get strep throat? Every organism has the right to live, right?

Or how many PETA-minded people drive cars? They must try real hard to avoid all the bugs that end up going splat on their windshields. ;)

Best,
Brian kc

Brian,

Your third case from the left gave me the thought. The top pouch flap looks like the muzzle of an animal at first glance with the latch forming the nose.

The "harm no animal" folks are doomed to extinction. Countless Bambi's and other animals are killed to produce grain and vegetables. If you eat you are responsible for the deaths of animals. I take the reasonable viewpoint, I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat grass!

Hu

Kickin' Chicken
06-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Brian,

Your third case from the left gave me the thought. The top pouch flap looks like the muzzle of an animal at first glance with the latch forming the nose.

The "harm no animal" folks are doomed to extinction. Countless Bambi's and other animals are killed to produce grain and vegetables. If you eat you are responsible for the deaths of animals. I take the reasonable viewpoint, I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat grass!

Hu

Wow, Hu, you're right. that 3rd case does have what looks like an animal face on the top flap. Good call. :) FYI, that case is antelope.

I will eat some grass but it typically needs to be sitting close to some meat.

Best,
Brian kc

zy112
06-26-2010, 10:22 AM
I don't care who the hell makes the case, I think they all look terrible with fur.

ShootingArts
06-26-2010, 10:54 AM
I don't care who the hell makes the case, I think they all look terrible with fur.

I kinda like the original hair left on the leather myself. While I can't imagine toting one with fur, I wouldn't object at all to short deer, antelope, or cow hair. I had three largely handmade rocking chairs years ago. The seats were raw cow hide with the black and white hair left on. Made for a better looking and more comfortable chair in my opinion and the hide came off of the same cow with or without the hair left on.

What I like in leather these days is nice basket weave. I'm casting eyes on Brian's case, looks to me like he probably has at least one more than he needs anyway! :D

Hu

Kickin' Chicken
06-27-2010, 05:26 AM
I kinda like the original hair left on the leather myself. While I can't imagine toting one with fur, I wouldn't object at all to short deer, antelope, or cow hair. I had three largely handmade rocking chairs years ago. The seats were raw cow hide with the black and white hair left on. Made for a better looking and more comfortable chair in my opinion and the hide came off of the same cow with or without the hair left on.

What I like in leather these days is nice basket weave. I'm casting eyes on Brian's case, looks to me like he probably has at least one more than he needs anyway! :D

Hu

You know, Hu, I do get a lot of nice comments on that basketweave case. Thank you. It's approx 20 years old and is a 3x6 made by a Texas saddlemaker who doesn't make cue cases. Not sure if he ever made another. He did do a real nice job on this one, I must say. This is my daily use case these days. I brought it to this years SBE and had JB modify it by changing one of the tubes inside so I can carry my jump handle.

You must have some saddlemakers down by you (bayou?) who can do a little leather basketweaving, right? ;)

Best,
Brian kc

ShootingArts
06-27-2010, 09:05 AM
You know, Hu, I do get a lot of nice comments on that basketweave case. Thank you. It's approx 20 years old and is a 3x6 made by a Texas saddlemaker who doesn't make cue cases. Not sure if he ever made another. He did do a real nice job on this one, I must say. This is my daily use case these days. I brought it to this years SBE and had JB modify it by changing one of the tubes inside so I can carry my jump handle.

You must have some saddlemakers down by you (bayou?) who can do a little leather basketweaving, right? ;)

Best,
Brian kc

Brian,

I'm fairly sure one or two must be left but two or three old saddle shops have disappeared in the last twenty years. I don't know of a shop in a commercial location that is left. I'm sure I can hit the feed and seeds and western stores to find somebody working out of their home though.

I'm giving several case designs some thought. Some will work with basket weave, some won't. There is somebody here on AZB that does envelope cases. I'm thinking one of those for a three piece cue might be the cat's pajama's but first I have to build a three piece cue and see if I can make one play well.

Hu