PDA

View Full Version : CTE, only for center ball hits?

hang-the-9
06-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Ah.. title about explains it. Can you use right-left hand english? Or will the adjustment throw off the shot?

SpiderWebComm
06-23-2010, 06:28 PM
every aiming system is center ball. from that point, u adjust for english. english is feel based on the equipment you're using and the technique used to apply english. if u have to cheat a pocket, u must adjust your aim by feel from that point (center pocket)

Gerry
06-24-2010, 08:16 AM
every aiming system is center ball. from that point, u adjust for english. english is feel based on the equipment you're using and the technique used to apply english. if u have to cheat a pocket, u must adjust your aim by feel from that point (center pocket)

Yo Spidey, hows it going man?!

Wanna hear something funny?. I found out I use an aiming system, and thought all along I was just a pure feel player :)

It happened while reading an old snooker book. It tells about aiming using the outside edges of the cueball, and cutting the object ball into 4 pieces.....you use the dissecting lines to line up with either outside edge of the cueball depending on the shot needed. Simple as that!....which is basically how I have always done it, but just never realized it.

Much of this aiming theory obviously falls right in place with CTE, and what Hal teaches IMO. The main difference is I never really use the center of the cueball to aim with unless its a striaght in shot.

I guess we never stop learning.......hope your summer is going well!

Gerry

AtLarge
06-24-2010, 08:45 AM
... I found out I use an aiming system, and thought all along I was just a pure feel player :)

Gerry -- if I understand the system you described, it will produce four cut angles in either direction plus a straight-in. If used precisely, that system will leave gaps between the set angles large enough to miss a lot of shots. So I imagine you really are a feel player, at least to the extent of "feeling" the proper amount of interpolation between the quarter-ball targets on the object ball.

cookie man
06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Yo Spidey, hows it going man?!

Wanna hear something funny?. I found out I use an aiming system, and thought all along I was just a pure feel player :)

It happened while reading an old snooker book. It tells about aiming using the outside edges of the cueball, and cutting the object ball into 4 pieces.....you use the dissecting lines to line up with either outside edge of the cueball depending on the shot needed. Simple as that!....which is basically how I have always done it, but just never realized it.

Much of this aiming theory obviously falls right in place with CTE, and what Hal teaches IMO. The main difference is I never really use the center of the cueball to aim with unless its a striaght in shot.

I guess we never stop learning.......hope your summer is going well!

Gerry

Do you have the title of book?

3andstop
06-24-2010, 12:09 PM

I'm surprised to see you state that after saying you did try the system I use which is simply aligning the left or right side of your cue shaft to the contact point on the OB.

With this system, you apply english first, no matter what you want to put on the CB the system works flawlessly (at least for me :) )

If I had a stroke I'd never miss. :)