Look what I just found on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8vzkWtdP8g&feature=related

Great match.

wahcheck
06-23-2010, 07:40 PM

Great match.

Thank you....I remember this was the first pro tournament I ever saw in person, and I think the first time I ever saw Earl play. I remember thinking even in his early matches he was something special....

JusticeNJ
06-23-2010, 07:46 PM
suprising opening break by the miz? was this the soft break before the soft break?

Gatz
06-23-2010, 08:04 PM
This was posted already alittle while ago....

Search button is your friend.

JusticeNJ
06-23-2010, 08:38 PM
assuming of course you are looking for something in the first place.

are you of the position that you should ravenously comb the forums to make sure you don't repeat a single theme before posting? i really can't see any reason why you would tell the OP to use the search feature in this case.

its some cool footage, man, that i wouldn't have seen, or known existed if he didn't post it.

thanks to sniper for posting.

tduncan
06-23-2010, 08:53 PM
THanks for posting. That was a joy to watch. Earl put on a clinic. He really was a phenom back then. Way ahead of his time. Wish we could see him play/win like that again. Twenty-two years old dismantling a world champ.

12squared
06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the link. Great match and a great blast from the past. In the final clip at about the 4 minute mark, I believe you can see a great shot of the late Dave Piona congratulating Earl. He is the one with the big old mustache and great smile. He is still missed.

Dave

irock
06-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the link. I never knew Earl ever took that much time on shots.

richiebalto
06-24-2010, 12:16 AM
just watched the first 3 segments sometimes u just forget just how great earl played at that time he just never missis look at mizeracs face he like i know hes going to miss sometime but when well never back then strickland came through baltimore in the 80s of course he was the best 9 ball player in the world a friend of mine didnt know who he was so they played 50 a game for about 15 hours when they were even earl quits says i cant win nothing here so the next days some ones comes in with a pool magazine theres earl on the cover cigar tom vanover looks at me and says i just broke even with the best player in the world

Blue Hog ridr
06-24-2010, 12:43 AM

It is, and you'll have to practice what you preach the next time you have a question to ask bud.
But then, you are from Eastern Canada so I guess you do have an excuse.

Anyway, thanks for posting the link, that was good watching. Earl at 22.

JasonCrugar
06-24-2010, 12:46 AM
thx for posting this! great match... that table gets my vote for ugliest color of all time.

onepocket1
06-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Thank you for posting - two champions 27 years ago. Richie Frorence promoted some great tourneys.

Tony_in_MD
06-24-2010, 03:52 AM
Cigar Tom was pretty good himself. Is he still playing?

just watched the first 3 segments sometimes u just forget just how great earl played at that time he just never missis look at mizeracs face he like i know hes going to miss sometime but when well never back then strickland came through baltimore in the 80s of course he was the best 9 ball player in the world a friend of mine didnt know who he was so they played 50 a game for about 15 hours when they were even earl quits says i cant win nothing here so the next days some ones comes in with a pool magazine theres earl on the cover cigar tom vanover looks at me and says i just broke even with the best player in the world

JE54
06-24-2010, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the link. Earl sure shot strong !

ThePoliteSniper
06-24-2010, 05:20 AM
Sorry, I didn't know this had been posted already.

Rick S.
06-24-2010, 06:39 AM
here's something most people don't know....

Earl refuses to watch himself play for some reason....he just won't do it.

But yet, he can tell you every shot, in every match, he's ever shot. Down to what balls, and what pocket he shot them in. Whether it was yesterday, or 25 yrs ago.

ArizonaPete
06-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Sorry, I didn't know this had been posted already.

You have nothing to apologize for. Thanks for posting this great match. I would never have seen it if you didn't post it. I'm a great Earl fan. It was great to see Earl so happy and the fans 100% behind him. Can't say enough about his shot making ability and his position play to match.

Chi2dxa
06-24-2010, 09:36 AM
If I am not mistaken Miz and Earl had a little history when Earl was even younger than that. He may have been around 16 or so and Miz did not want to play him so Earl had a real hard-on for him by the time they met here. It was nice to here Earl tell this story and then see it for myself. Thanks again for the post because I never would have thought to look for it here or anywhere else.:wink:

Cornerman
06-24-2010, 10:05 AM

Great match.

I think the commentary was excellent.

I do find it odd that during the US Open a few years ago with Mizerak in attendance for I believe the last time, Earl commended Mizerak for "breaking like a man." And Mizerak could hit them hard. But in the first game, he clearly soft broke!!!

Fred

hang-the-9
06-24-2010, 10:09 AM
That crowd was terrible, it's like an NBA game.

TheNewSharkster
06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
This was posted already alittle while ago....

Dude who cares? What are you the forum police? :mad:

Topic creator- Thanks for sharing the link. I have not seen this and appreciate it!

richiebalto
06-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Cigar Tom was pretty good himself. Is he still playing?

yes he is 70 and still plays damn good is this tony in waldorf

richiebalto
06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
tom vanover played alot better then pretty good tony he won 9 straight maryland championships in a row and there were so really strong players in maryland at the time