PDA

View Full Version : New cue ... new way to look at 4 points...

Piercyexclusive
06-23-2010, 09:53 PM
What do you think? any advise would be nice. designing took 9 hours making it a reality 2days. what you see is a prototype will be making newer ones for the public soon... any advise would be helpful from players and buyers.... thanks

rellek
06-23-2010, 09:55 PM
That is pretty cool! I would love to see it in person.

Piercyexclusive
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
thanks ...have more pics of cues I made during my prototype session.... wanna see

DolphinNoSharks
06-23-2010, 11:07 PM
wow, that's really nice. I like a lot

dareads
06-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Gotta say I really like the looks of it. :thumbup: Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Piercyexclusive
06-23-2010, 11:15 PM
specs will have a 3/8 10 pin
all the rings you see are blue/platinum....real/blue will come with 2 shafts
1 solid, 1 laminated, narwhale ivory for ferruls. laminated tips I made.... I like the tips dont know how others feel about it.... just made them this year. more comments would be great.

Piercyexclusive
06-23-2010, 11:32 PM
here's more ..... these are prototypes any comments would be great

HeLLFiSH
06-24-2010, 03:36 AM
these look awesome...
do you core these cues?

Tramp Steamer
06-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Absolutely beautiful. I really like the modern motif coupled with the traditional woods. The variations are limitless. Well done. :thumbup:

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 06:19 AM
thanks these are the results from the last thread I put up....new cue construction ...

ScottR
06-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Very cool looking designs. Nice job!

Scott

bstroud
06-24-2010, 06:35 AM
I am glad to see someone interested in doing some new designs.
I am sick to death of the same old traditional copy of a copy of a copy.
Keep looking for a new way to approach cuemaking.
Sincerely,
Bill Stroud
Josswest

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 06:39 AM
problem is that my way of making things won't land me in the aca.... not what they are looking for at the time being... I was told Valley forge 2009.

hang-the-9
06-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Really like the 1st and last cue, middle with the black is a bit too "cuetec" like.

The design reminds me of some art and architecture you see in NY and other big cities around the 30s and 40s.

breakshot
06-24-2010, 07:26 AM
My only questions pertain to how it will hold up and how it will play.
-is it sleeves over a core---good
-is it many pieces bolted together with flat face seams--bad

but overall I really like the new look, but I still prefer veneers on both sides of points in cues.

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 07:29 AM
My only questions pertain to how it will hold up and how it will play.
-is it sleeves over a core---good
-is it many pieces bolted together with flat face seams--bad

but overall I really like the new look, but I still prefer veneers on both sides of points in cues.

cored of course.....but hard as hell to make...enjoyed it though... you should have seen how much wood I had to trash and trials to trash... stayed up 2 days or so before getting the last result.

Roger Long
06-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Very cool. :thumbup:

HeLLFiSH
06-24-2010, 08:07 AM
any more pictures?
What are your prices?
Do you have a website?

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 08:12 AM
any more pictures?
What are your prices?
Do you have a website?

no site right now but prices for these will be 700 without a butt like the last pic and 850 with a butt for the first 20 people who order them from me. very flexable on the payment can do trade and cash but I think I only want to make 50 of these for right now. the first ten will go to family. so everyone will start from cue #11 until thirty. 17 slots left

8Ball48043
06-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Very interesting. Very different. Good for you.

HeLLFiSH
06-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Where are you located?
What pin type do you offer?
What are your wood choices?
What is the turn around time?
Can you do more than 4 points?
Do you have names for the cue models?

Thanks

DogsPlayingPool
06-24-2010, 08:35 AM
thanks these are the results from the last thread I put up....new cue construction ...

These examples definitely have a unique look to them but I wonder if you would explain what is "new" about the construction.

I really like the look. :grin:

Thanks.

Realizm
06-24-2010, 08:39 AM

Hey Can you send that cue to hit some balls with ?
I love the look of that cue .. pm me we can talk..

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 08:40 AM
These examples definitely have a unique look to them but I wonder if you would explain what is "new" about the construction.

I really like the look. :grin:

Thanks.

nonsymetrical ...... like the points. it's a new spin on how 4 points could be built.

JoeyInCali
06-24-2010, 08:43 AM
http://www.miltoniocues.com/cues.html
Miltonio's work might inspire you.
Great work.

dr9ball
06-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Very nice style. I would be happy to test and review one of these for you :)

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Very nice style. I would be happy to test and review one of these for you :)

really new at this testing thing what do I do could you call me and we can talk about it.

Chi2dxa
06-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Great innovative design!!! I was wondering what could be done that has not already been done and you my friend have found it!!! Happy for you.:thumbup:

center pocket
06-24-2010, 09:22 AM
please sign me up for one of these cues, love the design. I will sell every cue I got just to get one of yours. Whats the collar made out of? I am a big fan of a wood to wood joint and the 3/8 X 10 pin.

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 09:25 AM
please sign me up for one of these cues, love the design. I will sell every cue I got just to get one of yours. Whats the collar made out of? I am a big fan of a wood to wood joint and the 3/8 X 10 pin.

call me 601-554-3081

Roger Long
06-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Sincerely,
Bill Stroud
Josswest

And I agree with you, Mr. Stroud!

People have long asked me why I haven't gotten more involved in custom cue building, and my answer has always been because there are already too many makers doing the same old thing. I didn't want to do anything unless it was radically different. My avatar now shows the direction I decided to go.

I'm thrilled to see that others are coming up with new ideas, also. :D

Roger

The_Rookie
06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Looks Great... :D

Kickin' Chicken
06-24-2010, 10:07 AM
problem is that my way of making things won't land me in the aca.... not what they are looking for at the time being... I was told Valley forge 2009.

First, I wouldn't be too discouraged over what some may have told you at Valley Forge, 2009. You seem to be receiving a very good response to the new cue designs that you have posted here, and that is meaningful.

And did you notice legendary cuemaker, Mr. Bill Stroud, has paid you an extremely nice compliment. I'd say that should be real encouraging.

They look nice, the next step I would think is to get some feedback on how they play.

I'm sure you must be aware that Richard Chudy (RC3 cues), who is IMO one of the most creative cuemakers of all time, is a master of the one-sided point veneers. He may have been the innovator of this but I can't say for sure. This design feature has become a bit of a trademark for many of his cues.

Keep on with your interesting new designs. I look forward to seeing more. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 10:29 AM
First, I wouldn't be too discouraged over what some may have told you at Valley Forge, 2009. You seem to be receiving a very good response to the new cue designs that you have posted here, and that is meaningful.

And did you notice legendary cuemaker, Mr. Bill Stroud, has paid you an extremely nice compliment. I'd say that should be real encouraging.

They look nice, the next step I would think is to get some feedback on how they play.

I'm sure you must be aware that Richard Chudy (RC3 cues), who is IMO one of the most creative cuemakers of all time, is a master of the one-sided point veneers. He may have been the innovator of this but I can't say for sure. This design feature has become a bit of a trademark for many of his cues.

Keep on with your interesting new designs. I look forward to seeing more. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc

Mr. Brian

I guess i would like to first say thanks for your input and comment. Second I am really disconnected from the cue world in itself. See I live in a town called moselle ms where my neighbors are my cows. I'm talking about it's so country that the most fun you could have is to run from one end of the field to the other without stepping on crap. I am not around many cues except for meucci and player cues.... Those are what is common in small town bars. I don't get out much and I don't buy much cues. I stay at home with my two kids sell cues and cows...... yes I said cows. So as far as being influenced by others the most culture I got from cues was at the valley forge 2009. I did sell everything I brought but was meet with many ridicule from other cue makes for my cues...one reason why I didn't make it to the 2010 forge. but I am influenced by my children and childrens drawing. And My FATHER who I am very proud of he has always told me if I wanted to go into this business don't look at other peoples cue and pictures of cue so that you won't be tempted to do the same. if you happen to do something the same as someone it's better to be a coincdince than a copy of. as far as the ridicul I got I think it was uncalled for because I admired every cue I saw there cause I have never seen so much in one place and I told the cue makers there that I loved their cue....honestly... but they seem to take it different. O well .... who would you recommend to play test these cues?

kyo1128
06-24-2010, 10:35 AM
That's one sweet looking cue.

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Sincerely,
Bill Stroud
Josswest

Mr. Stroud,
I should have thank you for your input sooner but it is late. but thankyou for your input. and the truth is living where I live and I am relatively young and having two kids and cows to tend to it's hard to get into the who's who in pool. but I was made aware of who you are and did more reading and now I am ashame this didn't come to you much sooner than what it did. But thank you very much for your input and I will do things as unique as I can to be in a league of my own as you are. I don't want to compete with others I would rather compete with my self.
sincerely,
Marshall Piercy
piercy exclusive/ mjapcues

DogsPlayingPool
06-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Do you have a website?

mia
06-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Sincerely,
Bill Stroud
Josswest

***DISCLAIMER*** (I don't read entire threads before I post because I'm lazy so if any of this is repeated or already answered, my bad. :-) )

I have to agree with this. So many people keep finding ways to make minor tweaks to the same old designs. Seeing something like this is kinda refreshing! Sure, there's an RC3 element to it. Maybe even a little bit of a Miltonio flare. But the overall design is unique AND really cool looking too.

Like I said, I read as far as this post so I don't know if you answered this question yet or not but... are these cues cored? Are there any stability issues?

Nice job!

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Do you have a website?

no sorry ... used to then got sick for a long while and didn't get around to paying the hosting fee and lost it. the person who has the files moved and I have no idea how to make one... feel free to call if you have questions.

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 10:57 AM
I have to agree with this. So many people keep finding ways to make minor tweaks to the same old designs. Seeing something like this is kinda refreshing! Sure, there's an RC3 element to it. Maybe even a little bit of a Miltonio flare. But the overall design is unique AND really cool looking too.

I read as far as this post so I don't know if you answered this question yet or not but... are these cues cored? Are there any stability issues?

Nice job!

cues are cored and no stability issue yet as far as I can tell and the hit differs from the ivory I use and wood or course. if you noticed each cue pictured has different joints that's so I can test which is better for the cue. but things can change for the player.

Roger Long
06-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Mr. Brian

I guess i would like to first say thanks for your input and comment. Second I am really disconnected from the cue world in itself. See I live in a town called moselle ms where my neighbors are my cows. I'm talking about it's so country that the most fun you could have is to run from one end of the field to the other without stepping on crap. I am not around many cues except for meucci and player cues.... Those are what is common in small town bars. I don't get out much and I don't buy much cues. I stay at home with my two kids sell cues and cows...... yes I said cows. So as far as being influenced by others the most culture I got from cues was at the valley forge 2009. I did sell everything I brought but was meet with many ridicule from other cue makes for my cues...one reason why I didn't make it to the 2010 forge. but I am influenced by my children and childrens drawing. And My FATHER who I am very proud of he has always told me if I wanted to go into this business don't look at other peoples cue and pictures of cue so that you won't be tempted to do the same. if you happen to do something the same as someone it's better to be a coincdince than a copy of. as far as the ridicul I got I think it was uncalled for because I admired every cue I saw there cause I have never seen so much in one place and I told the cue makers there that I loved their cue....honestly... but they seem to take it different. O well .... who would you recommend to play test these cues?

I love your attitude! Don't worry about the ridicule, every cue maker has to endure some of that. Besides, they're probably just jealous. :p

Roger

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 11:27 AM
ok..... there are alot of people who have been pming me and want to see these finished and in person ...how about this, if you think you might be interested in the cue and will be at the Gem City Classic, post up and I will bring what I can make but I want to tell you all that I might only be there for 1 day cause of funds but will make it nonetheless.... unless someone buys one more from me before then and I'll use that money to stay longer.... first person can get one for 550 for this purpose only and will be #14 but 1 of a kind due to wood combination. this would help me out there to stay longer and help pay for a babysitter for me kids. I live in Mississippi so this trip I can't bring my kids....who are 2 and 3. I wish everyone could be there who likes the pics to see the cues. first come first serve

triley41395
06-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Piercy, I think they look great..a very interesting new look..If you ever want someone to take one for a test drive let me know I would love to.
Lee

BRivera
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Are you going to use mother of peal for the dots? I'd love to see the finished product!

djkx1
06-24-2010, 11:38 AM
.... who would you recommend to play test these cues?

I am sure there are many qualified people on AZB that gladly test out your cues but based on previous reviews that I have seen I would recommend TATE or FAST_N_LOOSE. They have the knowledge and experience and seem to be unbiased and fair. Trustworthy too!

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I love your attitude! Don't worry about the ridicule, every cue maker has to endure some of that. Besides, they're probably just jealous. :p

Roger

Thanks .... I can deal with critisisim ...man my spelling sucks. but to made fun of....I lost respect for some of them. see when I start I have no machines to make cues with. I mean not even a lathe I had to make a jig that utilized 4 angle bars screwed together with sand paper on the inside and hand turned it down to taper ... I made all the tools myself and then eventually I was able to sell enough cues to buy a cue companion then a lathe. now saving up for an inlay machine.... man do I have ideas.... I had to figure everything myself like I know how to cut the points on a full spice but not the angle required to make the forearm fit........... but my dad said scr#w them all son and enjoy your youth cause when you get as old as some of them you can be great. and things aren't handed down to you like some youthful makers out there. It made me open my eyes and that's why I say .... satisfy the player not the competition..

Roger Long
06-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks .... I can deal with critisisim ...man my spelling sucks. but to made fun of....I lost respect for some of them. see when I start I have no machines to make cues with. I mean not even a lathe I had to make a jig that utilized 4 angle bars screwed together with sand paper on the inside and hand turned it down to taper ... I made all the tools myself and then eventually I was able to sell enough cues to buy a cue companion then a lathe. now saving up for an inlay machine.... man do I have ideas.... I had to figure everything myself like I know how to cut the points on a full spice but not the angle required to make the forearm fit........... but my dad said scr#w them all son and enjoy your youth cause when you get as old as some of them you can be great. and things aren't handed down to you like some youthful makers out there. It made me open my eyes and that's why I say .... satisfy the player not the competition..

Wow! Now I"M jealous! :eek:

You, sir, are what I would call a real cue maker. Keep up the good work.

Roger

p.s. Also keep listening to your dad; he's a very wise man. ;)

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Wow! Now I"M jealous! :eek:

You, sir, are what I would call a real cue maker. Keep up the good work.

Roger

p.s. Also keep listening to your dad; he's a very wise man. ;)
thanks will you be at the gem city classic.... if so I can put something aside for you to look at and test.

justadub
06-24-2010, 12:06 PM
If I were anywhere near the midwest I'd certainly go to the show, if only to meet you and shake your hand. You have a fantastic attitude which is refreshing in this day and age. Of course I would love to see your product in person as well, the photo's look amazing.

Good luck, though I don't belive you will need it by the looks of your work and your attitude. I wish you well. And I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your cues as time goes by. Please continue to keep us posted on your progress, and your success!

P.S. Once you get caught up somewhat, you might consider doing a raffle for one of your cues here at AZB. LP Custom Cues does one every so often, which will generate some quick cash for you as opposed to a full-out sale. His raffles sell out in a day or two tops, the one he started at 7AM today is almost half full already. And it's another way to show off your stuff here to people actively looking for cues. (That, and I'd love to have a chance at one, heh heh. :D )

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 12:09 PM
If I were anywhere near the midwest I'd certainly go to the show, if only to meet you and shake your hand. You have a fantastic attitude which is refreshing in this day and age. Of course I would love to see your product in person as well, the photo's look amazing.

Good luck, though I don't belive you will need it by the looks of your work and your attitude. I wish you well. And I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your cues as time goes by. Please continue to keep us posted on your progress, and your success!

P.S. Once you get caught up somewhat, you might consider doing a raffle for one of your cues here at AZB. LP Custom Cues does one every so often, which will generate some quick cash for you as opposed to a full-out sale. His raffles sell out in a day or two tops, the one he started at 7AM today is almost half full already. And it's another way to show off your stuff here to people actively looking for cues. (That, and I'd love to have a chance at one, heh heh. :D )
how do I do this? how to get started? do I do it myself ....

TATE
06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Since you PM's me for an opinion, here's what I think. I like the concept. I think it's bold and it may catch on.

I think you have a lot more creativity on it's way too.

There is something that strikes me as a way of making it better. The points that have the unfinished or missing veneers stand out as incomplete and change the depth or layers of the design. The butterflys of the same wood don't add depth to the points.

My suggestion would be to use the points as a foreground - these should stand in contrast to the butterflys. So the points should be bold, with the most attractive wood and either completely bordered or completely unbordered - or they sink into the canvas.

The butterflys, then, would enhance the points and give them depth.You can vary the butterfly wood and length to balance the design as well, so shorter points, for example, might have longer butterflys.

Viewed in layers, the points are the foreground, the butterflys are the middle, and the background is the rest of the cue.

This painting below, I think did an incredible job of using subtle effects to create depth.

I'm also going to post a pic of Dave Barrenbrugge's cues which use butterfly points to create a fantastic display of depth and beauty.

Chris

Cory in DC
06-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Mr. Brian

The part I highlighted in Green (selling all of your wares) is much more important than the part in red (other cuemakers' ridicule). Do what you like and if there's a market for it, who cares if your competitors try to make fun? Cues look nice and it's good to see something different.

Cory

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 12:19 PM
The part I highlighted in Green (selling all of your wares) is much more than the part in red (other cuemakers' ridicule). Do what you like and if there's a market for it, who cares if your competitors try to make fun? Cues look nice and it's good to see something different.

Cory
didnt even realized what I wrote.... you see the redneck in me ozzing out to this forum...lol. thanks for the comments.....

TATE
06-24-2010, 12:19 PM
To supplement my post above, here's a picture I took at ICCS cue show a few years ago - these are Dave Barrenbrugge's beautiful butterfly cues. To me, his cues show the perfect balance of design, contrast, and depth, while being totally unique in design. I think he's an artistic genius - his stuff blew me away.

Cues like this are no accident - I can't even imagine the trial and error Dave went though to come up with these magnificent works of art.

Chris

Cory in DC
06-24-2010, 12:22 PM
ok..... there are alot of people who have been pming me and want to see these finished and in person ...how about this, if you think you might be interested in the cue and will be at the Gem City Classic, post up and I will bring what I can make but I want to tell you all that I might only be there for 1 day cause of funds but will make it nonetheless.... unless someone buys one more from me before then and I'll use that money to stay longer.... first person can get one for 550 for this purpose only and will be #14 but 1 of a kind due to wood combination. this would help me out there to stay longer and help pay for a babysitter for me kids. I live in Mississippi so this trip I can't bring my kids....who are 2 and 3. I wish everyone could be there who likes the pics to see the cues. first come first serve

I'll take it if the offer is still good. Send me a PM.
Cory

justadub
06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
how do I do this? how to get started? do I do it myself ....

When you get a chance, go into the Wanted/For Sale section here, and then the Raffle section. Take a little while to read what's going on, and certainly read BigTrucks sticky at the top "Some Guidelines and Tips For A Smooth Raffle." You might also consider PMing some of the folks that run raffles there as well, for their suggestions on how to get started.

Don't rush into it, seems like you have a lot on your plate already, with plenty more demand on the way by the looks of this thread! And that's a good thing! :thumbup: But once you get the time to work it out, a raffle here might be another avenue of generating some quick cash AND spreading the word here as well.

This is fun, seeing all the responses you're getting. I run a business myself, so I enjoy seeing someone getting started that has enthusiasm, and plenty of potential for success. Again, best of luck with everything.

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 01:41 PM
new one coming (pic).......within 6 hours

greyghost
06-24-2010, 01:53 PM
first off I must say that you did indeed come up with a pretty original design.

The only thing I question is the strength of the angled joining surfaces....I see you cored the cues but I wonder what sort of side hit or pressure it would take to break it....definately not knocking the work just interested in the capabilities of the technique?

Also did you use a compound miter saw to make the angled cuts or did you put the cue in a jig on a milling machine to match up (faceoff) the angles ?

amazing work you've done there its truly the newest most unique design I've seen in a minute!

keep up the good work,
-Grey Ghost-

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 02:01 PM

The only thing I question is the strength of the angled joining surfaces....I see you cored the cues but I wonder what sort of side hit or pressure it would take to break it....definately not knocking the work just interested in the capabilities of the technique?

Also did you use a compound miter saw to make the angled cuts or did you put the cue in a jig on a milling machine to match up (faceoff) the angles ?

amazing work you've done there its truly the newest most unique design I've seen in a minute!

keep up the good work,
-Grey Ghost-

as for the angles I already thought of the sliding and the angles will not move I have secured them not just with a core but by other interior means ......... as far as strength of the cue I think it's strong enough. Miter hand saw not electrical saw..... they were cut on a jig with a miter HAND saw cause there seems to be more glue lines with a miter(electrical) saw and as far as a mill goes I don't have the means to use one of those yet.hand saw with a few minutes of sanding = less glue visibility

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 02:03 PM

keep up the good work,
-Grey Ghost-
also one more thing if you notice that the angels have their reverse angle along the cue it self to off set any type of side hit....... lot of thought into the cue....thanks for the question though... I appreciate it.

Mr Hoppe
06-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Quite interresting. I applaud your out of the box thinking. I like the last one best. Keep up the good work.
Mr H

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Quite interresting. I applaud your out of the box thinking. I like the last one best. Keep up the good work.
Mr H

Thanks got one more to show in a few hours doing the last touch up on it

hang-the-9
06-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Piercyexclusive, sent you a PM

greyghost
06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
as for the angles I already thought of the sliding and the angles will not move I have secured them not just with a core but by other interior means ......... as far as strength of the cue I think it's strong enough. Miter hand saw not electrical saw..... they were cut on a jig with a miter HAND saw cause there seems to be more glue lines with a miter(electrical) saw and as far as a mill goes I don't have the means to use one of those yet.hand saw with a few minutes of sanding = less glue visibility

I had figured as much.....good choice on hand mitering.

The problem with an electric miter saw is that the blade has some run out on the tip....it wobbles somewhat left to right as it spins.....

POSSIBLY you could try it with a much smaller blade i know they make down to at least a 5 3/8" blade....if you can fit it to the saw, with a smaller blade you could possibly attain the higher tolerance you need.

If you could make a milling attachment for your lathe you could build a taper bar that would let you chuck up on center and make that slanted cut with a router precise and in a more timely fashion.

Don't Forget about a bandsaw either.....you could build a miter jig for the bandsaw....that would probably be the tripple nutz for what your doing there. Hell if you can build points on one I'm sure it wouldn't take long to figure out a jig to accomplish that cut.

BRKNRUN
06-24-2010, 05:03 PM
IMO they have massive potential.

My guess is that "traditionalists" won't like it.

Tokyo-dave
06-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Being a member of the ACA isn't always a good thing.............from what I've heard.
Good luck, and keep the love for what you're doing. That alone will result in a superior product that sombody will buy.
dave

BRKNRUN
06-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Sincerely,
Bill Stroud
Josswest

Not to put you on the spot...or "inlay"....or anything...but the vibe I am getting from this thread is that he is learning as he goes and adding equipment as he goes.....

I know you guys don't like to give away trade secrets and such...but wouldn't it be nice if this (obvious) young talent got to meet and "workshop" with a legend in the cue building business.....I wonder what that would produce???????;)

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Not to put you on the spot...or "inlay"....or anything...but the vibe I am getting from this thread is that he is learning as he goes and adding equipment as he goes.....

I know you guys don't like to give away trade secrets and such...but wouldn't it be nice if this (obvious) young talent got to meet and "workshop" with a legend in the cue building business.....I wonder what that would produce???????;)

I appreciate what you said and you know I have in the past tried to talk to a few people about this "working and learning and giving" but again and again I was never distinguish enough for them. The my ideas were to radical. then I haven't been in business long enough. I even called some of them to just ask basic questions and left messages they never returned one call I made...... well only one .... jim buss. but a very brief conversation that added to my inspiration that my dad had given me; to do things my way. but should someone want to collaborate with me, man. that would be awesome. I would be humbled by any offer.

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 09:16 PM
more combo on wood to give people an idea of what they could look like

Piercyexclusive
06-24-2010, 09:19 PM
with some inlays.......not done with it

rayjay
06-24-2010, 09:47 PM
So, how much are these two cues? I haven't read the whole thread, so you may have already answered this, but... what joint do you use or are there options?, what are the measurements (0.xx") at the joint the butt?, how much do they weigh?, are the shafts maple?, what ferrules (if any)? are you selling them locally? Very creative functional art here, thanks for sharing.

RadicalOne
06-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Very nice! I like the addition of the inlays. Unique look. I really enjoyed talking with you this evening. I am excited about the opportunity to own one of your works of art! Fantastic work. Looking at your pictures I really like the point design on the bottom pictures of your 12:32PM post (2nd prototype pics) and the last ones you just posted at 10:19PM.

Thank you for answering my questions earlier.

For those going through this thread, know that this guy will answer any question you have. Fantastic personality and focused on what he does - which is create some outstanding and unique custom cues!

RunoutKing
06-24-2010, 10:05 PM
I like the way that looks. It's different from all the other cues out there and I always like originality.:thumbup:

Piercyexclusive
06-25-2010, 12:09 AM
So, how much are these two cues? I haven't read the whole thread, so you may have already answered this, but... what joint do you use or are there options?, what are the measurements (0.xx") at the joint the butt?, how much do they weigh?, are the shafts maple?, what ferrules (if any)? are you selling them locally? Very creative functional art here, thanks for sharing.

tell me what you want.....what you ask for is what you will get. ex.....what joint size do you want? what joint do you want? what type of shafts do you want? what pin do you want? what weight would you like? what ferruls do you want?
I am a custom cue maker I'll do what you would like me to do.

rayjay
06-25-2010, 07:59 AM
How much are the last two cues you posted? What shaft tapers do you like best for your cues?

HeLLFiSH
06-25-2010, 08:24 AM
this is some really great work...
you have any with an angled joint collar, or shafts where the collars are angled as well?

Piercyexclusive
06-25-2010, 11:03 AM
this is some really great work...
you have any with an angled joint collar, or shafts where the collars are angled as well?

I can make what you want...:wink: if interested feel free to call If not here leave a message with a good time to call. thanks
Marshall

rayjay
06-25-2010, 03:29 PM
pm sent.
:p

MitchellThomas
06-25-2010, 05:05 PM
its about time great design

Piercyexclusive
06-28-2010, 04:41 AM
got some pics of the cues that I am building for a couple of people who bought a cue from me.......will be posted tonight. and for those who will be there at the gem city classic to see my cues and test it pm for a # to call me at so that you can call when you get there and want to meet up. this is also so that I make sure everyone who wanted to test the cue out can before I give them to the respective owners on the 11th. what I bring will most likely be the ones that will be going out. can only make so much in so little time.....wish I had more of it. thanks.

Cephalus
06-28-2010, 07:33 AM
I've got to say, of all the cues I've seen on this site, I've never seen cues that I coveted for their looks as much as these. I hope they play as well as they look. Simply beautiful designs. If I was looking for another player, I'd definitely be giving you a call.

Piercyexclusive
06-28-2010, 08:11 AM
I've got to say, of all the cues I've seen on this site, I've never seen cues that I coveted for their looks as much as these. I hope they play as well as they look. Simply beautiful designs. If I was looking for another player, I'd definitely be giving you a call.

Thanks so much.... I've been wanting to do something different that could change people's way of looking at something. ex: 5x5=25 solving this equation could be an infinite way, but the answer will always the same. I have already came up with 2 more new designs and construction but will not show it to the public till I sell atleast 50 of these. 32 sold already, should you find yourself giving me a call I hope to satisfy your needs and wants in a cue. I would be more than happy to make you happy with any cue you would like to own from me.

Piercyexclusive
06-29-2010, 01:40 AM
hi people I cut my hand on the saw..well a finger not all the was off just to the bone so I was delayed in completing the cue I promised tonight ...just got back from the hospital..... will try and post up tommorow. by the way ...should you get cut first aid.......squeeze the pieces of flesh together ASAP and find a way to srop bleeding.....squeezing usally helps.... and glue....super glue....that was my first aid and it saved my finger. thanks...

Piercyexclusive
06-29-2010, 02:38 PM
here's some pics more on the way

watchez
06-29-2010, 02:43 PM
I think the butt ring and joint should be curved as well to go with the overall simitry of the cue.

greyghost
06-29-2010, 03:05 PM
here's some pics more on the way

thats one wild a** looking cue brother.....:thumbup:

keep up the good work and keep your dam fingers out of the way....can't make cues if you don't have fingers....remember that

i try and say it here as often as possible(as many people just piss that idea away, thinking it wont happen to them), as I'm used to being as safe as humanly possible offshore on the rig

SAFETY IS YOUR NUMBER 1 ISSUE!

EVERYTHING ELSE IS SECOND PLACE

glad your ok,
-Grey Ghost-

Fatboy
06-29-2010, 03:06 PM
I think the butt ring and joint should be curved as well to go with the overall simitry of the cue.

"simitry" your getting bad as me, however I dont know the proper spelling either, LOO:grin::grin:

hope your good buddy.

As for these cues, they are cool, I looked at them briefly and new is awalys good, they could be refined a little but I dont have a bad word to day about them.

Steve-please call me this eekend in the afternoon if you think of it.:)

my very best eric

barber23
06-29-2010, 04:40 PM
I hope your finger is ok.

Chad

RadicalOne
06-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Be safe and sane. Take care of your finger!

The new pics looks awesome. I think your symmetry is just fine - it is what makes your cue design so unique.

Awesome job!

Realizm
06-30-2010, 09:21 AM
tell me what you want.....what you ask for is what you will get. ex.....what joint size do you want? what joint do you want? what type of shafts do you want? what pin do you want? what weight would you like? what ferruls do you want?
I am a custom cue maker I'll do what you would like me to do.

Hey man it was kool kicking with you ,can't wait to see all of your cue next weekend .. You make so very nice looking cues the mind of a artist.

Piercyexclusive
06-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Hey man it was kool kicking with you ,can't wait to see all of your cue next weekend .. You make so very nice looking cues the mind of a artist.

Thanks man. I hope not to disappoint everyone and make something great form people. I don't know exactly how many i will be able to bring but I hope to bring some only so much two weeks can do.... it's kinda like the forge where everything was last minute....this is to ....very last minute and with just and I mean just making this design, there's only so much a person can do with about 2 weeks. know what I mean...... but please pm me with a number to contact you with so that I can call you when I get there and you can see my stuff....... I am making everything for people who did buy but won't let go of them till the shows over. this is cause I do want to show everyone the cues...... see you there

Piercyexclusive
06-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Be safe and sane. Take care of your finger!

The new pics looks awesome. I think your symmetry is just fine - it is what makes your cue design so unique.

Awesome job!

appreciate the comment. I hope they hit just as good for the poeplr who are going to try them out. if your going to be at the gem city classic hit me up with a number to call so I can tell you where I am at........I want to show people the cue and how they hit. thanks

Piercyexclusive
07-01-2010, 12:03 AM
thats one wild a** looking cue brother.....:thumbup:

keep up the good work and keep your dam fingers out of the way....can't make cues if you don't have fingers....remember that

i try and say it here as often as possible(as many people just piss that idea away, thinking it wont happen to them), as I'm used to being as safe as humanly possible offshore on the rig

SAFETY IS YOUR NUMBER 1 ISSUE!

EVERYTHING ELSE IS SECOND PLACE

glad your ok,
-Grey Ghost-

Thanks for the concern.... but what happened was I had a customer who came from behind and thought scaring me was a good I idea when I jump so did my flesh....of my bones!
if your going to the gem city classic call me or pm me a number to call you so I can tell you where I am at.....this way you can try the cues out.

Piercyexclusive
07-02-2010, 04:21 AM
man i know I started this thread now that I want to start something different I can't seem to find a way to get started and it is fustrating....the idea was to start a new thread about how I get ideas and make them into cues.....anyone out there that can help would be great.

Piercyexclusive
07-02-2010, 04:36 AM
Also I would like everyone who visits to give ideas and make them real...... this is so that my cues can evolve for the players day by day

mdavis228
07-02-2010, 05:24 AM
A commendation from Mr Stroud should jolt your day!
This is really an interesting & pleasing aesthetic, and the question of stability & construction integrity do jump to mind right away, given that a lot of it is happening in the forearm and across the A joint. Kind of a big bones intarsia...
Will be interesting to to see how the structure holds up in heavy use.
Nice looking stuff.

JB Cases
07-02-2010, 05:32 AM
hi people I cut my hand on the saw..well a finger not all the was off just to the bone so I was delayed in completing the cue I promised tonight ...just got back from the hospital..... will try and post up tommorow. by the way ...should you get cut first aid.......squeeze the pieces of flesh together ASAP and find a way to srop bleeding.....squeezing usally helps.... and glue....super glue....that was my first aid and it saved my finger. thanks...

Well that's what they used it for in Korea - and now they use it in another form as liquid band-aids.

Good thinking!

Piercyexclusive
07-06-2010, 02:56 AM
hey people I dont know if you all know that I also make cases for these cues. it is a hingeless case that opens endways and the cover can be taken out to be flipped and act as a display stand for your favorite cues. here's some pics hope that you enjoy the pics

Piercyexclusive
07-06-2010, 03:01 AM
and the display pic............ any comments to help me out would be great. thanks

Piercyexclusive
07-06-2010, 03:20 AM
some cover designs......
oh I know that the brackets seem loose but the case are made for the cue that's being built so the inside taper on the bracket matches the cue for the case and a well snugg fit is achieved... for a case used for general purpose the brackets are just a bit bigger and more insulation is attached to the inside diameter and a very soft material is added as to avoid damage to the cues put inside. but anyways hope you like them only a few people have seen these and a lot less has owned they because I barely have the time to make them.....

they were built for protection and display not neccessarly ----spelling i know, to be taken to pool halls.

All covers are real inlayed and not stickers and drawing..... one with bark is bark and there is a lizard that was skinned by me inlayed in the bark as to show the camo ability of the animal..... the dragon up top is narra with ivory teeth, claws, horn, and body scale, with emerald eyes. the other besides it is a crow on a limb during a sunset. the crow, ebony. the tree real bark. the mountain and saun sampaloc background cool looking douglas fur. the shark real shark leather with an inlayed 2 ball.

if you can give feedback that's would be great appreciated.

Piercyexclusive
07-23-2010, 01:27 AM
will be posting more pics very soon of a new design I had in mind....maybe by next week gotta finish a couple more cues....thanks for looking

Monkey-Boy
07-23-2010, 04:52 AM
For me, the cues and cases do nothing for me. The cues seem abit 'all over' the place. I think if they are for decoration, they look fantastic. Just my opinion ;)

Cases are cool, and very different :)

rburgoyne
07-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Wow, these are some unique and great looking designs. Keep up the good work.

pooln8r
07-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Nice work...Very organic looking cues. Look's almost inspired by HR Geiger's art especially the cues with the platinum in them. Reminds me of the lines that a lot of auto makers are putting on their energy efficient concept cars.

Piercyexclusive
07-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Nice work...Very organic looking cues. Look's almost inspired by HR Geiger's art especially the cues with the platinum in them. Reminds me of the lines that a lot of auto makers are putting on their energy efficient concept cars.

thank you and I AM very humbled by everyones comment. even by those who are honest enough to say they don't like it....or it's to crowded......I still appreciate those comments....

amarillonarrow
08-13-2016, 04:10 AM
I know Marshall is working to improve on this design, but I'm proud to say that I have the first two ORIGINAL prototypes of this new design of his. I had bought a bunch of cues from him so he sent me the first two prototypes and the design is amazing. It's not the same old boring points and windows you see in almost every cue made. It's really nice to see something different. I just ordered 2 more Piercy Exclusive cues from Marshall with killer buckeye burl and rosewood burl in one and amazing narra/afzelia hybrid in the other with a REAL cobra snake skin inlaid into the cue with the head still attached. Marshall made one of these years ago for me with amboyna burl but, unfortunately, it got broken during shipping. Can't wait for the new cues. I'm shipping Marshall about 7 cobra skins so he might be up for making more "snake cues" as we call them. He also made one for my brother out of buckeye burl with the inlaid snake skin. He was here in Sacramento years ago at my shop and asked for an Xacto knife. He then proceeded to hand carve out of the cue for my brother the area the snake was going to go into, including the head. I was impressed, to say the least. Wish he would have showed me how to do clear coats while he was here, but I wasn't making cues at that time. I'm STILL trying to find the best method that works for me on the clear coats. Tried the resin gel with the blue light curing and didn't have much luck with that. Oh, well, I'll keep trying 'till I get it right. BTW. Thanks to all out there who suggested ways for me to improve my clear coats. Maybe if I had your talent it would work for me, but, I'm still working at it.

ceebee
08-13-2016, 07:41 AM
Very Nice.. great imagination. Good evidence of "thinking out of the Box"