PDA

View Full Version : Hotseat at Ho Chunk pro 9-ball........

genomachino
06-25-2010, 03:02 PM
This goes back about a 2 weeks ago. I've been playing with Jesse Engle every chance I get to get ready for this tourny.

Then for the last 4 or 5 days he's been in action at Jimmy's Pro billiards playing Jimmy Wetch. Jesse is 17 by the way.

I've worked with jesse a little on the Perfect aim but he was shooting real good before that also.

At the same time I'm playing Jr , an up and coming little monster and giving him a spot which makes it even tougher. We battled for about 3 or 4 days.
I think jesse played for 2 days.

After everything was said and done I told Jr and Jesse that I wouldn't be surprised if it would be me and one of them or both of them playing for the hotseat if not playing in the final.

This is not an easy tournament. there are alot of great players here. Too many to name.

it just so happens also that Jesse and me are sharing a room.

Well my prediction came true, at least the first part. It will be Jesse Engle, the 17 year old pheonom playing this old man for the hot set in the big table 9-ball.

jesse did his homework well. He earned where he is at by what he did in the last 2 weeks. I know what needs to be done to get there. I pointed this out to Jesse that he deserved to be where he is by how he prepared. Most of the time the tournament actually starts 1 or 2 weeks before the first day of the actual tournament.

But you can still do everything right and it might still not go your way but when it does it's not an accident when your ready..........

And by the way. Jesses also a real nice kid. We need this young blood in our pool world.

Jr wasn't so fortuanate but he will get there also. He plays too good to not get there soon.

Jesse and myself play at 7:00 tonight. No matter what happens it is a win win situation. I hope I win of course but I hope it's a great little battle. I feel this is the honing of a champion. This will be a kodack moment in time. This is what the game and competition is all about.

The Perfect sineario would be Jesse and myself in the final.

It could happen.............

Oh, and keep it quiet. If my therapy guy knew I was playing pool he would skin me alive.

dardusm
06-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Gene,

I enjoy reading about your experiences and thoughts about the game. Sounds like everything is going well. Good luck tonight!

Darryl

genomachino
06-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Gene,

I enjoy reading about your experiences and thoughts about the game. Sounds like everything is going well. Good luck tonight!

Darryl

Just want to say thanks for your support. Jesse put up a great battle. I was up 2-0. Then jesse went to work and had me down 3-2. I won the next game and Jesse never got back to the table.

I finally got my tournament wings back. I can finally focus with all the bananas on the line. What a great feeling.

I feel bad for Jesse but everyone will hear a whole lot about this kid in the next few years. Especially if i have anything to do with it.

Have a great day and thanks again......

tbayplayer
06-25-2010, 07:39 PM

HollyWood
06-26-2010, 02:56 AM
bragging about beating 2 kids(1/5 your age)and Jimmy playing for 15 ahead for 500. Hope you guys sleep well at night (lol) And you geno still afraid walking to your station wagon nights. Pool has dealt you both such a great hand. mark

genomachino
06-26-2010, 03:04 PM
bragging about beating 2 kids(1/5 your age)and Jimmy playing for 15 ahead for 500. Hope you guys sleep well at night (lol) And you geno still afraid walking to your station wagon nights. Pool has dealt you both such a great hand. mark

Jesse beat alot of good players to get where he got. My hats off to him. Most players only wish to play even half his speed when their 17.

I try to help these kids as much as I can. I like to think I'm a good influence.

Maybe you should ask them.

I never owned a station wagon in my life. What's up with that?

These kids are going to win alot of tournaments in the near future.

I'm pretty proud of my 2 young buddies.......The Youngest Lions.......

HollyWood
06-27-2010, 10:26 PM
I responded to Gene(privately) who has been a local successful player here before ( eye surgery) and after. He has a right to sell (Perfect aim. ) Just in case A father,Mother and son ever read these Posts, I posted directly with Gene . mark

ososlow
06-28-2010, 10:43 AM

These two kids will beat most anyone who wants to play them. Relax Mark! sounds like you have a personal issue with Gene. Hes a good dude and super excited about pool!. We need more people like him around for sure!