PDA

View Full Version : Denver 10-Ball Open and Cue Exhibit

billiards, ink
06-27-2010, 04:09 AM
http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac307/billiardsink/Publication1ftc.gif

billiards, ink
06-27-2010, 04:19 AM
We have settled on the dates for our first event. There is going to be a small (or maybe big :)) Cue Exhibit along side. We already have a few people set up to display and if you are interested in playing or displaying any cues please let me know. This is open to any collectors and makers that are interested.

The cost to play is $45 with only $5 going to greens fees. The cost to display is $75 per table for both days.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions. I will post up some hotel information as soon as I can if there is any outside interest.

Cuebuddy
06-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the notice:thumbup: This might be a good time to meet a few Denver AZ'ers.

Tokyo-dave
06-27-2010, 06:56 AM
I'll be there! (for at least the first round):thumbup:
dave

billiards, ink
06-27-2010, 07:02 AM
You can always come to todays 9 Ball tourney at 1:30 to start preparing. :thumbup:

I'll be there! (for at least the first round):thumbup:
dave

Tokyo-dave
06-27-2010, 07:07 AM
After yesterdays session, I've decided I'm not hittin' em well enough to justify the drive. A week ago I'm hittin' em really well, and then yesterday can't seem to find my way out of anything! Gonna spend today trying to fix whatever broke!
dave

measureman
06-28-2010, 04:17 PM
After yesterdays session, I've decided I'm not hittin' em well enough to justify the drive. A week ago I'm hittin' em really well, and then yesterday can't seem to find my way out of anything! Gonna spend today trying to fix whatever broke!
dave

Come on Dave, you never know when the gear will kick in.
Bruce

measureman
06-28-2010, 05:03 PM
http://denver.citysearch.com/profile/43315523/englewood_co/table_steaks_south.html#profileTab-reviews

The new owners might want to check out the reviews on this page. I know you are new but what really got my attention is the amount of cars that are towed out of the parking lot.

HereWeGo
06-28-2010, 07:18 PM

billiards, ink
06-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Good news. The towing issue was one of the first things resolved. This will no longer be a problem.

http://denver.citysearch.com/profile/43315523/englewood_co/table_steaks_south.html#profileTab-reviews

The new owners might want to check out the reviews on this page. I know you are new but what really got my attention is the amount of cars that are towed out of the parking lot.

measureman
06-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Good news. The towing issue was one of the first things resolved. This will no longer be a problem.

Excellent! I can deal with most anything inside a room. But to have my car towed would be a mess. Good luck I will be visiting soon.

12squared
06-28-2010, 09:16 PM

I went to the NEW Table Steaks Saturday to check it out. Sorry to report, but the burgers were great & the service was too. And, my car was still where I left it when it was time to leave.

One of the great things service wise is that the partners actually work the room, so they have a "steak" in your satisfaction. I enjoyed the visit & wish them well.

Dave

Bigtruck
06-28-2010, 09:49 PM
I read ALL the reviews and it seems to me, the ones that bashed Table Steaks were just using their parking lot to go party somewhere else. When their cars got towed they lashed out! Loosers (aka Losers)

The last time I went to Table Steaks it was a blast! I had a chicken sandwich and it was delicious. My car was still there when I left and the staff was excellent!

This sounds like a great event!

Ray
(tighter)

Old Sweater
06-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Lots of action to watch lately!

Flats
06-29-2010, 10:33 PM
What kind of tables?

billiards, ink
06-30-2010, 10:43 PM
The tournament will be played on 9ft Gold Crowns.

What kind of tables?

Bigtruck
06-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Everything has been worked out.

PoolActionTV.com will be there with live coverage of the competition and video coverage of the cue & case participants on our new channel for industry players.

Ray

billiards, ink
07-01-2010, 05:56 PM
We will need to remember to order some extra chicken for that week. Look forward to having you here.:thumbup:

Everything has been worked out.

PoolActionTV.com will be there with live coverage of the competition and video coverage of the cue & case participants on our new channel for industry players.

Ray

Medalist
07-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I had the fried chicken dinner and it was real good.

Chris Byrne
07-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Ditto on the chicken. The new owners have completely changed up the room and menu. I hope everyone can make it out to support the show/tournament. We are looking to grow it into a larger anual event as we don't really have much for cue shows in the midwest.

Tikkitavi
07-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Hope your events are a big success.

Bigtruck
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Any Vendor that has a booth at this event will get a FREE spot on our new Cue & Case channel that will be launched soon on PoolActionTV.com.

See y'all there!

Ray

billiards, ink
07-14-2010, 04:01 PM
We will also be having our regularly scheduled 9 Ball tournament ($150 added) on Thursday night plus a big table and bar table mini on Friday night.

jgpool
07-14-2010, 04:43 PM
We will also be having our regularly scheduled 9 Ball tournament ($150 added) on Thursday night plus a big table and bar table mini on Friday night.

Have you gotten a positive reponse to your tourney so far? I'm in the Springs would like to make a trip up to watch. Wish you well with this and future tourneys. :)

Bigtruck
07-15-2010, 10:06 AM
I had the fried chicken dinner and it was real good.

MMMmmmmmm. Sounds delicious!

Unfortunately, Bigtruck is on a reduction plan and is only eating Grilled right now! :shocked: I have already lost 16 pounds! Feeling pretty good too!

See y'all there!

Ray

billiards, ink
07-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Things look very exciting for next weekend. We have 5-7 people displaying cues and it looks like we will have a number of players showing up from out of state. Hope to see you there.

Have you gotten a positive reponse to your tourney so far? I'm in the Springs would like to make a trip up to watch. Wish you well with this and future tourneys. :)

jgpool
07-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Are there any AZBrs going to Tablestakes this weekend to play? Could be a good time. :grin:

Alex Kanapilly
07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
When does it start? Anyone want to buy my Mcfadden cue? I'll bring it if anyone's interested.

Hey, while I was typing this, Laurie from Soutwest just called me and told me it's my turn to order two cues that I ordered back in 2000! Cool.

Chris Byrne
07-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Alex with a southwest?? I can't picture it. LOL
The players meeting is at 10am with play starting at 11.

Tokyo-dave
07-20-2010, 03:47 PM
This AZer will be there for at least two matches:thumbup:

Cuebuddy
07-20-2010, 03:52 PM
There is a 50/50 chance that I will be there part of Saturday. I won't play in the tourney but it would be cool to meet a few of the flat landers in Denver. Might even help you guys warm up before the start of your match.

billiards, ink
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks for all of the interest. We have some players starting to filter in.

jgpool
07-20-2010, 04:48 PM
This sounds like fun, I'm planning on being there Sat afternoon for a chichen dinner! Hope to see all the AZBrs there. :)

12squared
07-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Yay, I will be there. I wasn't sure if I could make it or not but I am. See you all there - looking forward to it (even you, Ray :)).

Dave

bfdlad
07-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the notice:thumbup: This might be a good time to meet a few Denver AZ'ers.
Hey Cuebuddy, I may be up there too with one of my buddies. I have to see ifits possible today. It would be good to see you again.

Bigtruck
07-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Yay, I will be there. I wasn't sure if I could make it or not but I am. See you all there - looking forward to it (even you, Ray :)).

Dave

Dave,

I have been working feverishly on my announcer skills. :shocked: I still catch myself occasionally slipping into the "cheesy announcer voice". If this happens, an elbow to the arm is appreciated! Lol.

See ya there!

Ray

12squared
07-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Dave,

I have been working feverishly on my announcer skills. :shocked: I still catch myself occasionally slipping into the "cheesy announcer voice". If this happens, an elbow to the arm is appreciated! Lol.

See ya there!

Ray

You have an incredible voice, but I'd be happy to elbow you anyway...if you're into that sort of thing :).

Dave

bfdlad
07-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Dave,

See ya there!

Ray
Ray, if I make it up there let me do comentary on a match with you. Should be fun :) I would love to elbow you in the gut a few times. Hope it works out so I can make it.

Cuebuddy
07-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey Cuebuddy, I may be up there too with one of my buddies. I have to see ifits possible today. It would be good to see you again.

Sounds good Mark, and if you make it bring that buddy of yours er ah I cant think of his name right now ..... oh I think it was Earl or something;).
PS if I can get there I should have my cues this time:o.

Chris Byrne
07-21-2010, 01:45 PM
I have been practicing all week, I am ready.

Bigtruck
07-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Ray, if I make it up there let me do comentary on a match with you. Should be fun :) I would love to elbow you in the gut a few times. Hope it works out so I can make it.

I hope it does too!

Ray

HereWeGo
07-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Bigtruck has arrived safely.

sammspocket
07-22-2010, 09:53 AM
I have been practicing all week, I am ready.

Practicing what? Never mind. Don't wanna know.

Bump love to the Den-city tourney. I'm sad I won't be there this weekend. :(

Bigtruck
07-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Bigtruck has arrived safely.

True. I rolled in early to visit one of my favorite sponsors, Delta-13. I picked up the new "TV Table" rack that I will be using in all my shows.

The new owners of Table Steaks are really cool. Definitely some place you will want to stop in and visit!

Broadcast will officially start Saturday around noon. We may broadcast some mini tournament action tonight.

Ray

cuesblues
07-23-2010, 02:50 AM
True. I rolled in early to visit one of my favorite sponsors, Delta-13. I picked up the new "TV Table" rack that I will be using in all my shows.

The new owners of Table Steaks are really cool. Definitely some place you will want to stop in and visit!

Broadcast will officially start Saturday around noon. We may broadcast some mini tournament action tonight.

Ray

Great meeting you tonight Ray.

Hang on to that Delta-13 rack.
As you can see we're going to need one.

Peace

Ted

Cuebuddy
07-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Bump for the Sunday action. I can't be there today but I had a great time yesterday I will write more later.

jgpool
07-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Great meeting you tonight Ray.

Hang on to that Delta-13 rack.
As you can see we're going to need one.

Peace

Ted

I was there yesterday and it was good meeting Cuesblues Ted, Bigtruck Ray, Measureman, the guys from AE Cues were a kick and had some great cues. Chris Byrne was there with his beautiful cues. I also saw Island Drive ready for action. It is a great place and some big kudos to Bigtruck Ray for all he does for this sport. OH yea the young tatooed barmaid was doing a great job. Good luck to all the players today. Wish I could bve there. :thumbup:

cuesblues
07-26-2010, 10:47 AM
I was there yesterday and it was good meeting Cuesblues Ted, Bigtruck Ray, Measureman, the guys from AE Cues were a kick and had some great cues. Chris Byrne was there with his beautiful cues. I also saw Island Drive ready for action. It is a great place and some big kudos to Bigtruck Ray for all he does for this sport. OH yea the young tatooed barmaid was doing a great job. Good luck to all the players today. Wish I could bve there. :thumbup:

It was great meeting you Joe.

Come back and I'll buy you a Bud.
Oh yeah, you like that Coor's brew.
I think the last time I had a Coor's it was a mistake.

I call the "tatooed barmaid" Bombshell McGee