PDA

View Full Version : Dazed and confused......

danquixote
06-27-2010, 06:16 PM
The other day I spotted a thread concerning cocobolo cowboy asking whether or not he had been banned. I posted in this thread concerning my experiences and personal feelings with and about cowboy, as did others. Someone even saw fit to slip me a few rep points for my post. I logged on yesterday to hopefully learn a bit more about the validity of the purported ban and perhaps the cause behind it. The thread has been removed as best I can tell. I don't presume to know all the whys and wherefores of deciding to allow the continuation of a particular thread, and indeed there are any number of valid reasons the moderators may have chosen to delete this one. I would not raise the question if it were not for the persistance of the thread concerning a ban of JB which has now grown to over 5 pages. What makes one more worthy of continuation than the other? Someone care to enlighten me??? Dan.

ShootingArts
06-27-2010, 07:30 PM
The other day I spotted a thread concerning cocobolo cowboy asking whether or not he had been banned. I posted in this thread concerning my experiences and personal feelings with and about cowboy, as did others. Someone even saw fit to slip me a few rep points for my post. I logged on yesterday to hopefully learn a bit more about the validity of the purported ban and perhaps the cause behind it. The thread has been removed as best I can tell. I don't presume to know all the whys and wherefores of deciding to allow the continuation of a particular thread, and indeed there are any number of valid reasons the moderators may have chosen to delete this one. I would not raise the question if it were not for the persistance of the thread concerning a ban of JB which has now grown to over 5 pages. What makes one more worthy of continuation than the other? Someone care to enlighten me??? Dan.

The threads you can't find are often just moved to NPR, a search on all subscribed threads in UserCP will turn these up. The Coco thread seems to be genuinely gone. A lot of whether a thread stays or goes depends on if it is reported and how many people report it. The mod's often turn a blind eye to threads that aren't reported.

I don't have any particular issues with Coco but he is probably the most banned user on AZB under various names. Once you annoy the mod's it is much easier to annoy them again plus they are likely to come down harder on repeat offenders.

Hu