PDA

View Full Version : So do I really love pool?

inside_english
06-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Since March I have had dwindling interest at all levels.
No desire to play, go to the pool room, watch anything on the Web, visit the forums, no TV...nothing.

I have been really busy at work, but do still have time to play and attend tournaments...just no desire.

Maybe I just needed a break?

I don't know...this is weird.

Anybody else ever go through this where you just don't "feel" it anymore?

I sure hope it returns...:)

Cameron Smith
06-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Ya, a break sounds about right. I went through a similar thing although that had more to do with a prolonged slump that saw me get sick of the game. After about a week I was going through withdrawl.

Now I'm more or less back to the reasonable obsession levels. I found the the World Amateur Snooker Championship Finals on Google Video, all 4.5 hours of it and I'm excited to kill a day this weekend lol.

Tramp Steamer
06-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Yep. It's called the summer doldrums. Happens to everybody. Haven't you noticed how thin the crowds are at the the poolhall?
Don't worry about it. Spend a little time out in the sun, or go on a picnic with your wife, your girlfriend, or both. Say, have you met my neice? :)

TheConArtist
06-30-2010, 05:40 PM
I got or get like that time to time and I feel it's due to playing the same people all the time, not really anymore competition. But I do love in a small town and it's all the same teams in leagues and tournaments.

Black-Balled
07-01-2010, 05:47 AM
I have about a 3yr attention span, myself. On the outs now and I hit balls once a Month anyway...

It sure is a silly thing to know how to do.

Maniac
07-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Since March I have had dwindling interest at all levels.
No desire to play, go to the pool room, watch anything on the Web, visit the forums, no TV...nothing.

I have been really busy at work, but do still have time to play and attend tournaments...just no desire.

Maybe I just needed a break?

I don't know...this is weird.

Anybody else ever go through this where you just don't "feel" it anymore?

I sure hope it returns...:)

I not only have these same feelings from time to time, but I'm in the midst of them now. Sometimes I think I over-saturate myself with my different hobbies (for which I have more than a few). I catch myself devoting too much of my time into one or the other resulting in "burn-out". Right now, I'm having the same feelings for pool as you are having, no desire. I need to get my bass boat out and fish, or go to the gun range and punch some holes in paper, or something.

It hasn't helped one iota that a certain pool league, one in which there has been an abundance of BS going on, has dulled my enthusiasm for the game, at least on a competitive level. But I will soon remedy THAT situation and rid myself of that particular unwanted/unneeded stress.

Hope you get the good pool vibes back. Hell, I hope I get them back!!!

Maniac

Standbykid
07-01-2010, 06:07 AM
Going through it right now. I know where and how I need to work on my game, I just don't have the drive or desire. Hoping to grab a few lessons soon and I think that will reignite my drive. So, don't worry, I think everybody goes through some sort of a motivation slump.

Maniac
07-01-2010, 06:16 AM
I have about a 3yr attention span, myself.

I too have this problem, and it's about 3 years (give or take) 'til I realize that I've gone at my newfound hobby a lot harder and a lot faster than I should have. By then, I've invested a LOT of moolah into said hobby. I have, in no particular order, done this with motorcycles, boating/fishing, shooting sports, and now pool. I will say that I am outfitted very well in all the aforementioned hobbies. I still enjoy them ALL, but sometimes I wish (at my advancing age) that I had the THOUSANDS of dollars I spent on all the parts/equipment in the bank instead. Gotta take things slower in the future if I pursue a new endeavor.

Maniac

Black-Balled
07-01-2010, 06:45 AM
I too have this problem, and it's about 3 years...with motorcycles, boating/fishing, shooting sports, and now pool. ...
Maniac

Damn! That is 12yr to cycle through!

I only have bikes and pool. I flip 3x a decade and you wont go back to the first in a decade+!