PDA

View Full Version : Calling Southwest Players

Holly
07-01-2010, 10:46 AM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=2492209#post2492209

Just put it up :)

tucson9ball
07-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Ok, I have looked at the qualifications for playing in the open teams. None of my team players are listed on the BCAPL advanced/masters list.
How do I find a list that shows Nationally ranked "open" players?

If none of us are ranked nationally, then we would go by our Arizona ranking, correct?

tucson9ball
07-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Another question....the entry forms for both the singles and teams say the dates ar from September 1st to 5th. Will the singles be playing the same time as teams? Or.....will the singles start on the 1st and the teams on a later day?

Fast Lenny
07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I would like to play in this but have never played BCAPL, is there a way I can?

tucson9ball
07-01-2010, 05:55 PM

Lenny,
You can join a league for the BCAPL or just send your sanction fee/yearly dues directly to the BCAPL. As long as you are registered and have your sanction card you are eligible to play.
Paying directly without being on a league team would make you a player member and you would have to play in the advanced division I beleive.

Fast Lenny
07-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Lenny,
You can join a league for the BCAPL or just send your sanction fee/yearly dues directly to the BCAPL. As long as you are registered and have your sanction card you are eligible to play.
Paying directly without being on a league team would make you a player member and you would have to play in the advanced division I beleive.

Thanks bud, I would probably have to play advanced anyway because I am an 8 correct?

tucson9ball
07-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Thanks bud, I would probably have to play advanced anyway because I am an 8 correct?

Well, this is the "Million Dollar Question" that I'm trying to get an answer to.
I'm rated a 9 in Arizona, but according to the BCAPL I am an open player. I have not cashed high enough since 2005 to be a advanced/masters player. Also, nobody on my team is on either list, I'm trying to confirm if we can play on the Open Teams and if I can play in the Open Singles?
Is there someplace that lists the Open players for NAtional?
If not, I would have to play in the Masters and my team would also have to play in the Masters according to our Arizona ratings. I'm a little confused if this is a BCAPL event how our Arizona ratings got mixed up in all of this?
Maybe Holly could post up a link that shows all of the Open players according to the NAtional BCAPL lists.

tucson9ball
07-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Bumpage...to the top to get some answers hopefull...

BigCat
07-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Well, this is the "Million Dollar Question" that I'm trying to get an answer to.
I'm rated a 9 in Arizona, but according to the BCAPL I am an open player. I have not cashed high enough since 2005 to be a advanced/masters player. Also, nobody on my team is on either list, I'm trying to confirm if we can play on the Open Teams and if I can play in the Open Singles?
Is there someplace that lists the Open players for NAtional?
If not, I would have to play in the Masters and my team would also have to play in the Masters according to our Arizona ratings. I'm a little confused if this is a BCAPL event how our Arizona ratings got mixed up in all of this?
Maybe Holly could post up a link that shows all of the Open players according to the NAtional BCAPL lists.

I'm confused as well.

I joined a BCA league for the first time ever this year as I wanted to qualify for the BCAPL Southwest Regional tourney in September. I thought I would have to play in the "Open" singles division, but according to the entry form, this is not the case.

I don't understand how/why the BCAPL Southwest Regional tourney would be different than the Nationals in May, in terms of divisions and how players are placed within those divisions???

Bump for more information...

Ray

tucson9ball
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm confused as well.

I joined a BCA league for the first time ever this year as I wanted to qualify for the BCAPL Southwest Regional tourney in September. I thought I would have to play in the "Open" singles division, but according to the entry form, this is not the case.

I don't understand how/why the BCAPL Southwest Regional tourney would be different than the Nationals in May, in terms of divisions and how players are placed within those divisions???

Bump for more information...

Ray

I'm still waiting for a definite answer which I hope Holly is checking on. This is advertised as a Western Region Tournament for the BCAPL, why in the world would we use Arizona handicaps?:confused:
So, if a player comes from California, he/she can play in the OPEN division because thay don't have a Arizona handicap? It seems that the people from the host state are getting hosed on this one.:angry:

stuckart
07-02-2010, 11:28 PM
There is a thread on azpoolscene.com that goes into more info.

This tourney is a regional event, with multiple divisions to entice more players. Any player from another state that is unknown will have to play in the Advanced Division. Players with a history in nationals may fall in the OPEN division. AZ 9's and above will automatically be placed in the Advanced along with any State Masters from any State. National Masters are the elite, and known player ability will justify that!

The higher divisions will have more added money, thus higher payouts for players. The teams events will be much more competitive with players of various skill levels coming together! At nationals it will be the same way. The Southwest Regional is the first step. Let's give it a chance and see where it takes us!

12310bch
07-03-2010, 06:32 AM

Lenny, I don't think their playing one-pocket here. Just to jar your
memory a bit:

8-BALL
2.1 The Game
8-Ball is a call shot game played with a cue ball and fifteen object balls numbered 1 through 15. Each player or team has a group of seven balls: the solid colored balls numbered 1 through 7, or the striped balls numbered 9 through 15. The 8-ball is the game winning ball. The object of the game is for you to pocket your entire group of balls and then legally pocket the 8-ball. The game is played by two players or two teams.

What they don't mention is that you can use ALL SIX POCKETS!

12310bch
07-03-2010, 06:44 AM
A question similar to Lenny's except at a different level. I've never played BCAPL before But I would like to play in this tourney. It sounds like fun.
If I would pay the membership fees and the entry fees how could I , with a
" 5" Arizona handicap play without having to play advanced or somewhere way beyond my skill level?

DR Pool
07-03-2010, 08:48 AM
A question similar to Lenny's except at a different level. I've never played BCAPL before But I would like to play in this tourney. It sounds like fun.
If I would pay the membership fees and the entry fees how could I , with a
" 5" Arizona handicap play without having to play advanced or somewhere way beyond my skill level?

Very good question. I will check into it for you. If your name appears on the Arizona rating list, I would think it would over-ride the player member scenario, which is most likely meant for out of state player members.

You can PM me or Stuckart with your name and we can check the list and make the inquiry. Holly may also respond with the answer. The BCAPL office will re-open Tuesday morning.

Thanks

stuckart
07-03-2010, 09:10 AM
George, there are a couple ways you can go about it. You could join up in a league, or become a sub for the 4 weeks minimum you need for this tourney (8 weeks for Nationals in Vegas, May 2011). You will have to pay the 1 time $15 BCA Sanction fee that is good until June 2011. You can play in as many leagues as you like with this one time fee for the year.

I would think you could just pay the sanctioning fee and because you are a 5 rated player could play in the OPEN B event.

ps. The sanction money goes to create great events like this one and others in the future. Lord knows it takes miracle workers to make these events come together.

pss. When do all the lizard acres fella's come back to town? I know a few that would probably love to play in this event, but it might be too early on Sept. 1st - 5th. Maybe you can make a call or email :)

tucson9ball
07-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I received this email from CSI, it clarifies how you can play a little bit more. Basically, if you played at Nationals, your National rating supercedes the Arizona rating. If you have not played at Nationals, you will have to play in this event according to your Arizona rating.

Dear Arizona BCAPL Players and League Operators,

CSI recently posted the flyer and entry forms for the upcoming 2010 BCAPL Southwest Regional Championships (September 1-5, 2010 at the Radisson Fort McDowell Resort, Scottsdale, AZ) on the BCAPL website (www.playbca.com).

It has come to our attention that some clarification is needed regarding the AZ player ratings and how they have been matched up with the BCAPL national tournament ratings (Open, Advanced, Master) for this specific event. Below is a statement which has been added to the Southwest Regional singles entry form:

“To AZ & NV State Rated Players: IF YOU HAVE A PLAYER HISTORY AT THE BCAPL NATIONAL 8-BALL CHAMPIONSHIPS – YOU WILL COMPETE AT THE SOUTHWEST REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS AT YOUR NATIONAL RATING. IF YOU HAVE NEVER COMPETED AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL, YOU WILL COMPETE BASED ON THE BELOW RATING WHICH CORRESPONDS WITH YOUR STATE RATING. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EITHER A NATIONAL OR STATE RATING YOU WILL PLAY ACCORDING TO KNOWN ABILITY.”
In other words, if you played in a BCAPL national event in the Open Division, and you have an AZ rating of 8, your national rating will supercede the AZ rating and you will play as a Open player in the Southwest Regional. Of course, if you became an Advanced or Master player as a result of your high finish in the Open, then you will play as Advanced or Master. If we have no history on you in the nationals, and you are rated 8 in AZ, then you will play in the Advanced Division.

Please feel free to contact the CSI office with any questions regarding this or any BCAPL or CSI event.

tucson9ball
07-05-2010, 01:45 PM
1 last bump for the Arizona guys. Or western region guys.;)