PDA

View Full Version : Pre Match Routine

zy112
07-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Here is my problem: Many times when I'm out shooting, whether its in a match or just playing someone for fun, it takes me 2-3 games to get what I feel like is in stroke. And if I have a long layover in a tournament or even between matches on a league night, I'm often right back to feeling "unwarmed" up.

So my question to everyone is what is your pre game routine like? What do you do to get in the groove quickly? Don't get me wrong, its not like I'm stone cold out of stroke in the situations I've described, but I often feel I'm not up to my potential. Would like to hear everyone's pre shot drills/routines and I'll try them out. I recognize to a certain degree this can be a mental block which is another topic I am working on. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Black-Balled
07-02-2010, 06:15 AM
MAryjane and jaegermeister.

zy112
07-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Haha... nice. Funny you mention it though, I have a friend that you guys could probably warm up together with:thumbup:

Black-Balled
07-02-2010, 09:01 AM
My pee is clean!

In a tourney setting, I usually try to hit balls for a few minutes on tables that are open between matches. Then before the match I want to play 1 rack.

Develop a few shots that 'mean' something to you to you can get a read on the table.

zy112
07-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Lets hear some...

zy112
07-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Really, nobody warms up? Or is it top secret info?