PDA

View Full Version : Blue Diamond Chalk Wearing Out Ferrule???

Pages : [1] 2

ace911
07-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I've been using blue diamond chalk for a while. It seems like my ferrule is getting worn on in the middle, where I chalk. Anyone else have this problem??

On my previous cue I used a predator shaft (notoriously soft ferrule) and regular chalk, and I never had this happen. I'm thinking its the chalk, because its more abrasive...

DogsPlayingPool
07-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Do you mean the tip wears down faster? I'm not sure I understand how the ferrule wears down from chalk unless you are not using a tip at all.

LAMas
07-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Don't touch the ferrule with the chalk. Wipe the chalk onto the tip. Use brand new chalk.

Mike in MN
07-02-2010, 09:46 AM
All due respect, but if you're getting chalk on your ferrule, you're chalking your cue incorrectly.

pooltchr
07-02-2010, 09:47 AM
If you are rubbing chalk on the middle of your ferrule, you aren't chalking correctly.

Steve

pooltchr
07-02-2010, 09:48 AM
I guess I was a minute too late in posting.

Steve

pt109
07-02-2010, 10:15 AM
I lent a Tad to a guy for a money session.
I got it back with chalk on the ferrule.
That was years ago.
I refuse to even let him take a practise shot with any cue i own since.

catscradle
07-02-2010, 10:21 AM
I've been using blue diamond chalk for a while. It seems like my ferrule is getting worn on in the middle, where I chalk. Anyone else have this problem??

On my previous cue I used a predator shaft (notoriously soft ferrule) and regular chalk, and I never had this happen. I'm thinking its the chalk, because its more abrasive...

I don't care what chalk you're using if you're wearing on your ferrule, you'd better reconsider your chalking technique. If you're chalking properly you shouldn't even be touching your ferrule. You're supposed to be chalking the tip only. Look when you chalk. When a piece of chalk has a hole drilled down the middle of it throw it away or trim the sides down with a jack knife to remove the hole.

NewStroke
07-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Consider cutting a new cube of chalk in half, I can assure you that the middle of your ferrule will not get touched.

LAMas
07-02-2010, 10:44 AM
I lent a Tad to a guy for a money session.
I got it back with chalk on the ferrule.
That was years ago.
I refuse to even let him take a practise shot with any cue i own since.

You're lucky you got it back. It's been told that gamblers will put up a borrowed cue as another bet.:(

ace911
07-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Listen I don't need chalking instructions. I was curious if anyone had the same problem. I think the blue diamond is more abrasive.

NewStroke
07-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Listen I don't need chalking instructions. I was curious if anyone had the same problem. I think the blue diamond is more abrasive.

I don't think the chalk is more abrasive, but you may be more abrasive to others.

cueandcushion
07-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I dont get chalk on my ferrule. Just the tip.

oldzilla
07-02-2010, 12:12 PM

but i think you do ! the chalk goes onto the tip only. I have seen many that do it your way though. so they do have the same problem for sure.

no offense.:cool:

dacue
07-02-2010, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=ace911;2493936]Listen I don't need chalking instructions. I was curious if anyone had the same problem. I think the blue diamond is more abrasive.[/QUOTE
I have been using Diamond chalk for sometime. It is a great chalk works very well, I'm a fan of the chalk. I have had no problem with the chalk at all, it does'nt effect the tip wearing, and for sure not the ferruel. The chalk should never be a factor to your ferruel. Keep the ferruel clean at all times.:smile:

NewStroke
07-02-2010, 12:14 PM
He has a trophy, I am certain he can chalk a cue. :thumbup:

Tramp Steamer
07-02-2010, 12:15 PM
NewStroke, you read my mind.
As for me, I quit using chalk years ago and began using small squares of 100 grit sandpaper and two sided tape instead of a cue tip. I just stick a little square of sandpaper on the end of the ferrule and spin whitey like a crazy person. :smile:

Mike in MN
07-02-2010, 12:23 PM

No need to get defensive, we're only trying to help. No one talked down to you. You were only offered humble advice from people who certainly know what they're talking about. For chalk to wear down the diameter of a ferrule, something wrong is definitely happening.

Tramp Steamer
07-02-2010, 12:23 PM

In your opening statement you said the ferrule on your cue was showing a wear mark where you had been chalking it, in which case you do need chalking instructions such as these good people have so graciously provided.

junkbond
07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
I suggest you quit using Blue Diamond and switch to Silver Cup Ferrule Chalkô.

lstevedus
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I see this attitude in the town I'm from all the time. They all know everything there is to know about pool, but they all have a blue ring around their ferrule. I gave up a long time ago. Oh..and if you want to gamble, its $2. a game, 8-ball on a bar box.

LAMas
07-02-2010, 01:30 PM

I use Blue Diamond chalk and haven't noticed any wear on my ferrule but my cue ball is getting smaller....abrasive....go figure?

Cuebuddy
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I have learned the hard way that ferrule conditioning is as important as tip maintenance When I am ready for a new tip I will cut off the old tip then turn the cue upside down and place just the ferrule into a saucer of milk. Don't use 2%, whole milk or half % half will condition a ferrule so hard a cat cant scratch it;).

oldzilla
07-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I use Blue Diamond chalk and haven't noticed any wear on my ferrule but my cue ball is getting smaller....abrasive....go figure?

You are sooooo right ! The cueball takes it bothways. getting hit with the hardtips loaded with chalk (abrasive) and then colliding with other balls at warp speed(20-30mph). Thus the cueball will wear down quicker than the others will. The one ball is next in line to be smaller than the rest. Wht you ask? It spends alot of time beinng the headball in popular rotation games. these game are not started with a soft safty break, no it's a smashing occurance. Check out the old balls at you local poolhall and report back to us here. tyvmia:cool:

BigCat
07-02-2010, 01:42 PM

No...

Ray

Ballistic Billiards
07-02-2010, 01:45 PM

I bet 95% of pool players don't chalk correctly.
When I started chalking the cue ball, instead of my ferrule, my game went up dramatically.
Not to mention, (OT) no more wearing out ferrules.

-ballistic

oldzilla
07-02-2010, 01:47 PM
I have learned the hard way that ferrule conditioning is as important as tip maintenance When I am ready for a new tip I will cut off the old tip then turn the cue upside down and place just the ferrule into a saucer of milk. Don't use 2%, whole milk or half % half will condition a ferrule so hard a cat cant scratch it;).

:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

this whole thing is kinda funny. I like it !

:outtahere:

NewStroke
07-02-2010, 01:48 PM
When I started chalking the cue ball, instead of my ferrule, my game went up dramatically.

-ballistic

I chalk my leather wrap prior to play. I used to use Irish Linen wraps but they fray too much over time.

The_Rookie
07-02-2010, 01:50 PM
What's Chalk ?? :(

Mike in MN
07-02-2010, 01:56 PM

-ballistic

Must be tough to chalk the cue ball without disrupting play :p

Ballistic Billiards
07-02-2010, 01:56 PM

Seriously,
1. Why are you chalking the middle of your ferrule?
Ask YOURSELF this question the next time you do it.
Wait for the answer to come before you do anything else.

2. I'm thinking you have bored most of the way through your chalk by
using a twisting/ drilling motion and the wall of chalk well is now, inadvertently
rubbing the ferrule during your drilling of the chalk well.
The abrasion level of the chalk is dwarfed by your seemingly harmless chalk drilling business.

This should be at least the tenth response with the same basic message.
So, I'll treat you to one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

"The first time someone calls you a horse, you punch him in the mouth.
The second time someone calls you a horse, well...
maybe it's time to go look for a saddle" -anyone know?

Ballistic Billiards
07-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Must be tough to chalk the cue ball without disrupting play :p

Not everyone can do it.
I'm thinking about making a dvd.

Mike in MN
07-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I chalk my leather wrap prior to play. I used to use Irish Linen wraps but they fray too much over time.

I grind up cubes of chalk in a coffee grinder, and keep it in ziploc bags. Before I start a match, I dump a bunch of chalk dust in my hands and rub them together really well. Then, in a display of showmanship, I throw the remaining chalk dust in the air and yell, "Whoooooo!!!!" much like LeBron James and Kevin Garnett do before games.

When the chalk dust comes back down, it settles nicely onto my cue tip and my teammates' tips as well. 60% of the time, it works every time.

NewStroke
07-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I grind up cubes of chalk in a coffee grinder, and keep it in ziploc bags. Before I start a match, I dump a bunch of chalk dust in my hands and rub them together really well. Then, in a display of showmanship, I throw the remaining chalk dust in the air and yell, "Whoooooo!!!!" much like LeBron James and Kevin Garnett do before games.

When the chalk dust comes back down, it settles nicely onto my cue tip and my teammates' tips as well. 60% of the time, it works every time.

LMAO, I am going to do that at on my next league night. :)

Ballistic Billiards
07-02-2010, 02:01 PM

What would you do if your finger kept going up your ass when you were "wiping" it?

LAMas
07-02-2010, 02:10 PM
What would you do if your finger kept going up your ass when you were "wiping" it?

Chalk your balls?

Tramp Steamer
07-02-2010, 02:11 PM

Well, my guess is that over a period time it would wear out your ass gasket and instead of going 'poot' when you farted, you would only go 'poosh'. I think there's some hard medical evidence to back me up on this. :smile:

Ballistic Billiards
07-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Chalk your balls?

Can I use this for the title of my dvd?

Ballistic Billiards
07-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Tired of replacing worn out ferrules?
Tired of miscues?
Tired of wasting all that chalk around the outside of the well?

STOP THE MADNESS!!!
and CHALK YOUR BALLS!

LAMas
07-02-2010, 02:34 PM

Yes you can - if you promise not to take months like others are on the topic of explaining how CTE works.

Mike in MN
07-02-2010, 02:36 PM

Starting at this post, and every post since it, I laughed out loud reading each one. This thread got super entertaining in a hurry. Thanks to all for the chuckles.

SKJoss72
07-02-2010, 02:37 PM
maybe he should put some Diamond chalk on the said finger when whiping, guarantees no slip and sphincter wear(age)

joelpope
07-02-2010, 02:40 PM
if you are wearing down your ferrule and think it is the chalk, yeah you do need a lesson in chalking....

chalk never touches ferrule... period

LAMas
07-02-2010, 02:44 PM
maybe he should put some Diamond chalk on the said finger when whiping, guarantees no slip and sphincter wear(age)

Wow now that's a novel thought - whiping the sphincter with Blue Diamond chalk...kinky....S & M? Without getting it on the ferrule?

Donny Wessels
07-02-2010, 06:55 PM

How or why is the chaulk touching your ferrule?

rackem
07-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Listen, you absolutely do need chalking instruction.
Why would you spend good money on Blue Diamond chalk and not pay attention to how it should be used. :confused:

Blue Hog ridr
07-02-2010, 08:19 PM

It helps if you draw a tiny pentagram on your ferulle and dip your tip in holy water before you start a game. It will help repel the evil abrasive chalk dust
thats trying to take possession of your ferulle.

Regards, Sammy and Dean Winchester.

jersey jer
07-02-2010, 10:16 PM
i think it might help if you posted a picture so we can view the wear.
a visual would help soo much
id really love to see a really close up picture showing whats going on.
and im pretty sure the rest of these guys would too.

ace911
07-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Listen, since I apparently don't know how to apply chalk on a tip, if any of you want to play some. Please come to Master Billiards in Queens, NYC and I will play you some. Bet something.

I was just curious to see if anyone had the same problem with blue diamond chalk. But apparently everyone is an all knowing railbird/nit. I now realized I asked this in the wrong fourm anyway. I should it be in the "Ask The Cuemaker" because they would know better.

KMRUNOUT
07-02-2010, 11:15 PM
It seems like my ferrule is getting worn on in the middle, where I chalk.

I think I've discovered the problem. Read that quoted part again.

KMRUNOUT

jersey jer
07-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Listen, since I apparently don't know how to apply chalk on a tip, if any of you want to play some. Please come to Master Billiards in Queens, NYC and I will play you some. Bet something.

I was just curious to see if anyone had the same problem with blue diamond chalk. But apparently everyone is an all knowing railbird/nit. I now realized I asked this in the wrong fourm anyway. I should it be in the "Ask The Cuemaker" because they would know better.

one day soon im gonna walk in that there joint and bust that golf game.
gypsies wont know what hit em :)

just kiddin i aint a player hahha But really i cant even grasp what kinda wear your talkin about. please post a pic.

pt109
07-02-2010, 11:21 PM
You're lucky you got it back. It's been told that gamblers will put up a borrowed cue as another bet.:(

I've had a few go that way...but they weren't Tads

Ballistic Billiards
07-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Since I've been using Blue Diamond chalk, my ferrule has been wearing down somewhat, more in the middle. This did not happen when I was using a predator shaft (which have very soft ferrules) and regular Master Chalk. Please don't tell me I need chalking lessons. I was talking to another cue maker they said the Blue Diamond Chalk is more abrasive (that's why it sticks better), and its probably wearing down my ferrule. Also I noticed my shaft has worn quite a bit. The ferrule when measure was originally 12.5mm, but now 11.6mm at the top and 12.2mm on the bottom. This is from play, chalk, and wear. I never sand my shaft, even when I have it cleaned. I would assume its the chalk, don't you think???

Have you had any tips replaced on this shaft?

I'd love to see how much chalk it takes to take 1mm off of a ferrule on accident.

KMRUNOUT
07-02-2010, 11:32 PM

so Ace, did we misunderstand you? I see this kind of attitude in people all the time. They receive constructive criticism, but rather than use it and learn and grow from it, they become defensive and try to change the focus...

You might be the best player on the planet, but whether you win or lose, it has absolutely *no bearing* on whether or not you put chalk on correctly. Essentially what happened to you just now is that you asked a question, and got an answer that you were not expecting. Why should that upset you, and compel you to have to challenge people to play? Why change the subject? The point is, no one knows the answer to your question, the same way most of us do not know exactly what happens when you throw your car into reverse while going 80 mph on the highway. It just isn't something people do. I would seriously value your response a lot if you could explain to me why you got all defensive and tried to change the subject, rather then just taking what people said to heart? I'm not jerking you around, I seriously wish I could understand that type of behavior better. Anyway good luck with your ferrule.

KMRUNOUT

9bizzle
07-02-2010, 11:49 PM

I don't think a cuemaker is going to know any more about chalking than any other player who chalks a cue thousands of times. I think you asked the right people but you don't like the answer. You got a little pissy and people started making a joke of the thread. Normally people who play well know the correct way to use equipment and bangers are associated with blue ferrules, excessive use of powder etc...Maybe you do play well, but I don't think blindly calling someone out to play from this forum is such a good idea. A lot of these mofos can play!!!

Underclocked
07-02-2010, 11:50 PM
ace, you should talk to this guy's (http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays/) dad.

zy112
07-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Ace, are you using a tip? Ya know, I found putting a tip on the ferrule help striking the cue ball and not getting chalk on your ferrule. You should try this, IMHO it works very well.

One time, when I was seven, I played at my grandpa's and his cues had the tips busted off. Aside frome being seven, I had a hard time workin the cue ball. Once we super glued the tip back on and put some Sportscraft chalk on I ran the sh!t.

And if your wondering, I did have a hard time posing this question with a straight face.

Blue Hog ridr
07-03-2010, 02:10 AM
But apparently everyone is an all knowing railbird/nit.

I guess we just got told

Yes, by all means, post your question again in the Cue Maker forum.
I can use more laughs than I got from the first posting.

Mike in MN
07-03-2010, 02:17 AM

All you're going to get posting there is the same handful of responses you got here. They're all going to tell you to keep the chalk off your ferrule, like we did.

Did you ever wonder why you got 10-15 responses that said the same thing? Maybe they're right. There is no problem with the chalk. I use Blue Diamond all the time, and I have no wear on any of the three ferrules on my cues. One last time, you shouldn't be getting chalk on your ferrule, or else, yes, it will wear down. It has nothing to do with the brand of chalk though. And now for a public service announcement ...

Here at AZB, we know you have a choice in billiards forums, and we thank you for choosing us. However, we now consider this matter closed. Please direct all unwarranted, overly defensive, borderline pissy comments and all ridiculous, unnecessary challenges you hope aren't actually fulfilled at someone else from this point forward. We hear great things about Yahoo Answers. Thank you, and have a nice day

SCCues
07-03-2010, 03:14 AM
Don't touch the ferrule with the chalk. Wipe the chalk onto the tip. Use brand new chalk.

I must not understand your problem. When I play chalk never gets on my ferrule, for one reason I don't use worn out chalk with a big hole in it. I try to use fairly new chalk and i'm very careful to not let the chalk touch my ferrule. Blue Diamond chalk is pretty expensive as far as chalk goes and I can understand using it as long as you can and maybe you need to be more careful when you chalk your tip. Just wipe the chalk on your tip instead of sticking the tip all the way in to the bottom of the worn piece of chalk.

James

jgpool
07-03-2010, 04:46 AM
I don't think the abrasivness(sp) is in the chalk. It might be in the chalker. :confused:

Tramp Steamer
07-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Son, do you remember a post I submitted not so very long ago that mentioned 'pigheadedness' as being detrimental to a forum? Well, here before us is a practical demonstration of that characteristic.
Give it a rest ace. All of these good people who responded to your question gave honest answers to the information you provided, and even though it was apparently not the responses you had wished for you should thank them for taking the good time and trouble to offer their opinions.
As to any harm that was suffered, I think little or none. In fact this thread has been quite entertaining. :)

Tony_in_MD
07-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Ace911

When the cube of chalk gets worn into deep, take a file to the edges so that when you use it, the chalk does not rub against the middle of the ferrule.

When the chalk gets worn too deep for that, it is time to buy a new cube using your bet some earnings.

I may not be as great of a player as you are (in your own mind) but I at least know that.

BTW if you ever make it to my neck of the woods we can play some, I can at least teach you how to chalk your tip.

pt109
07-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Son, do you remember a post I submitted not so very long ago that mentioned 'pigheadedness' as being detrimental to a forum? Well, here before us is a practical demonstration of that charactaristic.
Give it a rest ace. All of these good people who responded to your question gave honest answers to the information you provided, and even though it was apparently not the responses you had wished for you should thank them for taking the good time and trouble to offer their opinions.
As to any harm that was suffered, I think little or none. In fact this thread has been quite entertaining. :)

You make a lot of sense when you get serious.
But i miss the Sunday funnies.
..you don't have to do it every week.....
...and it beats trying to explain to the cowboy what self-contradictions
are....

LAMas
07-03-2010, 07:42 AM

Was this was a clever way to get a money match?

Railbirds are those that are watching a pool match and not posters - do you mean lurkers and or trolls?

Not all railbirds are nits. Not all nits are railbirds.

Wipe the chalk onto the tip and do not drill the tip into the chalk.:)

Realizm
07-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Was this was a clever way to get a money match?

Railbirds are those that are watching a pool match and not posters - do you mean lurkers and or trolls?

Not all railbirds are nits. Not all nits are railbirds.

Wipe the chalk onto the tip and do not drill the tip into the chalk.:)

I like the blue D on my B/J cue it holds great ..

ridewiththewind
07-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Well, according to what he has posted in the ATCM section...he has had the tip changed roughly 20 times (he plays a lot), and he likes a very rounded tip shape with little to no sidewall.

I like a rounded tip shape as well, and am no fan of a 'skyscraper' on the end of my cue...but you really need to leave some sort of a sidewall, if for no other reason than you are more likely to put small chips in the ferrule.

That aside...I have played with a very low tip (actually, just had it replaced), and even then, when chalking properly (a simple light swiping action), I have never gotten chalk on the ferrule....even when chalking the edges of the tip.

Just how much do you chalk? Part of the virtues of the Blue Diamond chalk is that it goes on and stays on. I have actually played several games without ever really needing to chalk. I do not make this a regular practice...just wanted to see how long it actually lasted. If chalking is part of your pre-shot routine, then a quick swipe or two should suffice. Anything more than that on every shot is just making a friggin' mess...chalk all over not only your tip, but the CB and the cloth, not to mention your shaft.

As a side note...when you come to a forum, or anywhere else for that matter, and ask a question and receive answers from various members that are pretty much all telling you the same thing...you might want to consider that they actually know what they're talking about, and take it as good advice, even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Just because you play well, doesn't mean that you know how to properly maintain your equipment. You're not going to win any friends over here when you insult the very people you apparently had enough respect of to ask this question.

Upon reading further into the ATCM thread you started...you might want to find a new cue repairman, as it seems to me you have had a improper tip install somewhere down the line. I am just not buying that a ferrule starting out at 12.5mm, and ending up at 11.6mm at the tip end of the ferrule, and 12.2mm at the bottom end of the ferrule is due exclusively to chalk wear. And if the shaft is flush to the ferrule, then some one has taken the shaft down as well...at least at the ferrule end of it. A proper ferrule will not have chalk lines in the middle, and a taper (unless you specifically requested it that way).

Lisa

Blue Hog ridr
07-03-2010, 08:28 AM
As someone mentioned, that even if he wants to get the most value from a piece of BD, you can still do that without deep well drilling as Lisa said.
My chalk is pretty much flat with the exception of lines that go from corner to corner. When the lines get too deep, I change the way I scuff the chalk
to even it up.
I use a chalk holder and when the chalk goes below the lip of the holder, I cram a bit of paper towel in it to jack it up.
After that, I replace it and leave the piece on a table for someone else to find. Even at $3 a cube, you still get months of play from one piece.

ridewiththewind
07-03-2010, 08:35 AM
As someone mentioned, that even if he wants to get the most value from a piece of BD, you can still do that without deep well drilling as Lisa said.
My chalk is pretty much flat with the exception of lines that go from corner to corner. When the lines get too deep, I change the way I scuff the chalk
to even it up.
I use a chalk holder and when the chalk goes below the lip of the holder, I cram a bit of paper towel in it to jack it up.
After that, I replace it and leave the piece on a table for someone else to find. Even at $3 a cube, you still get months of play from one piece.

Blue Hog...instead of using a bit o' paper towel to raise the chalk back up, I use quarters...that way if I am out at a tavern playing, I always have some for "just one more game"....LoL!

Lisa

Dave Nelson
07-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Okay all you holier than thous, I know the chalk is supposed to go on the tip and not the ferrule and I chalk carefully, most of the time. I still get some chalk on the ferrule, not to the point where it causes wear, but some. Let he/she among you who has never had any chalk on her/his ferrule cast the first rock.

Dave Nelson

pdcue
07-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Okay all you holier than thous, I know the chalk is supposed to go on the tip and not the ferrule and I chalk carefully, most of the time. I still get some chalk on the ferrule, not to the point where it causes wear, but some. Let he/she among you who has never had any chalk on her/his ferrule cast the first rock.

Dave Nelson

If you are serious - and I guess you may not be

1. hold cue straight up with bumper on the floor for stability
( this also makes sure you don't chalk over the bed of the table,
a sin beyond redemption which, IMHO, should be a hanging offence).

2. tilt cue 30 degrees.

3. apply chalk in your normal manner

I defy you to get chalk on anything but the tip using this method.
Well, maybe some on the floor...

Dale(wholier than thyne)

Blue Hog ridr
07-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Thats a heck of a good idea Lisa. Thanks.

oldzilla
07-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Art Linkletter was exactly right when he said;

" People are Funny "

:rotflmao1:

measureman
07-03-2010, 09:34 AM
As an observer of people for a long time there are those that get very defensive when they don't get the answer they are looking for.
Also it is a common ploy to change the subject when you have lost or are losing an argument.
I can assure the poster that all the answers on how to chalk a tip are correct and will in no way damage any part of your cue.
I think the best answer here was if people call you a horse more then once you should look for a saddle.

Underclocked
07-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I'll be honest... I'm a chalk pig. I get chalk everywhere. My left hand looks as if it has been dipped in chalk after a lengthy amount of play - and that's after frequent hand washings. I chalk with the wiping motion as everyone says is correct - after every shot - but chalk seems to attack my left hand anyway. As a consequence, I get chalk on my ferrule, chalk on my shaft, and I've occasionally chalked my face. Chalk is particularly attracted to the areas between my ring finger and middle finger (beats me!).

Sometimes I catch myself chalking my tip the incorrect way and it simply breaks my heart. :grin: This usually happens if my opponent is making a long run and I'm watching his play too closely. My left hand somehow gets a piece of chalk in it and does the entire operation without my consent. My right hand isn't involved in this at all, whew!

The heck of it is, I don't even care. I've never had a ferrule worn down as a result of chalk (and have used/sometimes do use Blue Diamond). I wipe down my shaft and ferrule occasionally and just keep washing the rest. A magic eraser pretty much takes care of what is left on the cue so that gets used every once in awhile.

Ballistic Billiards
07-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I believe this situation is a product of using drilled out chalk, using
a twisting motion, and shoddy tip installations.

The chalking of your cue in this fashion will give your ferrule an hourglass shape.

Is Blue Diamond going to wear your ferrule out faster?

I don't think anyone has done a study.

I do think that you should try wiping the chalk from Center To Edge.
Start with a new piece and try to knock that little crater wall down immediately.

Also, find a different repairman.

No offense intended.

oldzilla
07-03-2010, 11:34 AM
i think alot is going on here. if the user dammages the ferrule with deep dish chalks by just drilling his tip in there what is the repair guy gonna do.
if it was me i would ask if he wants a new ferrule. then tell him if he declines that i have to take the ferrule down to get the damage out and make it look good. therefore the ferrule will decrease in size from the where it starts to being much smaller at the tip. thats all that can be done and that is what it sounds like happened here. savy?

Mike in MN
07-03-2010, 02:31 PM
If you are serious - and I guess you may not be

1. hold cue straight up with bumper on the floor for stability
( this also makes sure you don't chalk over the bed of the table,
a sin beyond redemption which, IMHO, should be a hanging offence).

2. tilt cue 30 degrees.

3. apply chalk in your normal manner

I defy you to get chalk on anything but the tip using this method.
Well, maybe some on the floor...

Dale(wholier than thyne)

Agreed. As long as "your normal manner" consists of swiping the chalk across the tip, like a broom on a floor, then you'll be fine. Always move the chalk over the cue tip, rather than moving the cue into the chalk.

pdcue
07-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Agreed. As long as "your normal manner" consists of swiping the chalk across the tip, like a broom on a floor, then you'll be fine. Always move the chalk over the cue tip, rather than moving the cue into the chalk.

True enough 9Ball - all us smart guys know how to chalk right,
But if you look closely, you might notice this post was in response
to Dave Nelson, who claims that even tho he 'chalks carefully',
he still sometimes gets chalk on his ferrule.

My description was intended to solve his problem - not Ace - not anyone
else.

Dale(there may be dust on some of you bust<eds>, but there ain't
no dust on me)

LAMas
07-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Statements from Blue Diamond.

What benefits can a billiard player expect from using Blue Diamond chalk?

You can expect greater security in knowing that your cue tip is chalked with the best chalk in the world. Using blue diamond chalk will increase your score overall by allowing you to hone your stroke to perfect ball positioning.

Blue diamond chalk will stain your shaft and ferrule less than other chalks, and even more importantly it does not turn to powder as quickly as other chalks, so your chalk cuebe will last longer

Cory Harper's hands using Masters Red Chalk. It got on the hands , ferrule, shaft and even on the tip.:)

LAMas
07-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Well, according to what he has posted in the ATCM section...he has had the tip changed roughly 20 times (he plays a lot), and he likes a very rounded tip shape with little to no sidewall.

I like a rounded tip shape as well, and am no fan of a 'skyscraper' on the end of my cue...but you really need to leave some sort of a sidewall, if for no other reason than you are more likely to put small chips in the ferrule.

That aside...I have played with a very low tip (actually, just had it replaced), and even then, when chalking properly (a simple light swiping action), I have never gotten chalk on the ferrule....even when chalking the edges of the tip.

Just how much do you chalk? Part of the virtues of the Blue Diamond chalk is that it goes on and stays on. I have actually played several games without ever really needing to chalk. I do not make this a regular practice...just wanted to see how long it actually lasted. If chalking is part of your pre-shot routine, then a quick swipe or two should suffice. Anything more than that on every shot is just making a friggin' mess...chalk all over not only your tip, but the CB and the cloth, not to mention your shaft.

As a side note...when you come to a forum, or anywhere else for that matter, and ask a question and receive answers from various members that are pretty much all telling you the same thing...you might want to consider that they actually know what they're talking about, and take it as good advice, even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Just because you play well, doesn't mean that you know how to properly maintain your equipment. You're not going to win any friends over here when you insult the very people you apparently had enough respect of to ask this question.

Upon reading further into the ATCM thread you started...you might want to find a new cue repairman, as it seems to me you have had a improper tip install somewhere down the line. I am just not buying that a ferrule starting out at 12.5mm, and ending up at 11.6mm at the tip end of the ferrule, and 12.2mm at the bottom end of the ferrule is due exclusively to chalk wear. And if the shaft is flush to the ferrule, then some one has taken the shaft down as well...at least at the ferrule end of it. A proper ferrule will not have chalk lines in the middle, and a taper (unless you specifically requested it that way).

Lisa

Could it be that the ferrule and shaft is being sanded down when changing tips?

The rest of the story:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=192863&highlight=blue+diamond

LAMas
07-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Art Linkletter was exactly right when he said;

" People are Funny "

:rotflmao1:

Art also said, "Kids say the darndest things.":)

pdcue
07-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Statements from Blue Diamond.

What benefits can a billiard player expect from using Blue Diamond chalk?

You can expect greater security in knowing that your cue tip is chalked with the best chalk in the world. Using blue diamond chalk will increase your score overall by allowing you to hone your stroke to perfect ball positioning.

Blue diamond chalk will stain your shaft and ferrule less than other chalks, and even more importantly it does not turn to powder as quickly as other chalks, so your chalk cuebe will last longer

Cory Harper's hands using Masters Red Chalk. It got on the hands , ferrule, shaft and even on the tip.:)]

Toyota is also on a campain of telling us how very, very, very much
they care about our safety - you may do your own math...

Dale

poolhustler
07-04-2010, 01:30 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmp

XxMerlinxX
07-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Which end of the cue do you break with?

Thunderball
07-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Many many moons ago when I was sure every idea I had was a good one cuz I was just young enough to know everything,I formulated a plan for keeping my tip round. I would use the chalk! Yes the chalk.

Here's how it works:
Find a pretty deep piece of chalk.
Insert tip to bottom of well.
Tilt (this is key) the chalk till the outer ring/top of the chalk rested on the ferrule (bout the middle btw).
Drill baby drill!
Repeat with each chalking.

Two things resulted from this master plan.
One was my tip indeed stayed round with no additional effort. Success!!

Two is my ferrule looked like a freakin hour glass. I forget how long it took to actually impart this accidental dip, but it was deep. Deep enough for people to ask "dude, wtf is wrong with your cue?" lol.

You know what they about the best layed plans.

True story. Not proud, just saying.

Philthepockets
07-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Wow six pages and counting, this thread is nothing but sick voyeurism.

Thunderball
07-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Chalk is particularly attracted to the areas between my ring finger and middle finger (beats me!).

Ya know, this happens to me. Not all the time but it happens every so often. Not a little of blue between these fingers either....when it happens its a lot of blue..and all the way down to where the fingers meet. It's puzzling as all hell.

Come to think of it, perhaps it happens because we slide into our bridge hand landing zone, fingers spread, instead of planting the hand? Not a usual habit for me, but it makes sense. Sort of a reverse chalk dust snow plow kinda effect?

theblemishedone
07-04-2010, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tgS1n7DQbY

PaulieB
07-04-2010, 03:17 PM
You may kick my butt in a match, ace911, but I'll put some serious money on my kicking your a$$ in a properly chalking the tip contest. :thumbup:

Craig Fales
07-04-2010, 03:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Here's a vid on the proper way to chalk a cue.

Tramp Steamer
07-04-2010, 04:33 PM
You know folks, I've been playing pool a long time, but I think I have learned more about applying chalk to a cue tip, from this thread, than I ever could have possibly known before.
And when you boil it all down that's really what a good forum is all about, isn't it? The free exchange of ideas and opinions, answers to relevant questions, and really good jokes.
On this 4th of July holiday I personally want to say thank you to all those who, so long ago, gave their full measure so that we could not only celebrate this day, but to also celebrate our freedom to enjoy our AZB forum.
I have to go now. The fireworks show is about to start, here at the home, and I don't want to miss it. The local Kiwanis Club will be handing out free sparklers this year. :)
Dee dee, dee dee dee, dum dee dum...

JesseAllred
07-04-2010, 05:10 PM
You know folks, I've been playing pool a long time, but I think I have learned more about applying chalk to a cue tip, from this thread, than I ever could have possibly known before.
And when you boil it all down that's really what a good forum is all about, isn't it? The free exchange of ideas and opinions, answers to relevant questions, and really good jokes.
On this 4th of July holiday I personally want to say thank you to all those who, so long ago, gave their full measure so that we could not only celebrate this day, but to also celebrate our freedom to enjoy our AZB forum.
I have to go now. The fireworks show is about to start, here at the home, and I don't want to miss it. The local Kiwanis Club will be handing out free sparklers this year. :)
Dee dee, dee dee dee, dum dee dum...

We should get some pictures of people's chalk wear pattern. Mines in the shape of a dragon! LOL

JoeyA
07-04-2010, 06:02 PM
We should get some pictures of people's chalk wear pattern. Mines in the shape of a dragon! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/jessejallred#p/u/4/jIj6eKKsUJw

You are:
C R A Z Y !

ridewiththewind
07-04-2010, 06:09 PM

:bow-down::bow-down::bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:

Lisa

Philthepockets
07-04-2010, 07:07 PM

how can you chalk with only one hand ?

TX Poolnut
07-04-2010, 07:18 PM
My avatar is a picture of two cubes of Master's chalk that Charlie and I wore down to the point where a hole formed. :)

Ballistic Billiards
07-04-2010, 07:21 PM
My avatar is a picture of two cubes of Master's chalk that Charlie and I wore down to the point where a hole formed. :)

How many ferrules did you go through?

JesseAllred
07-04-2010, 07:23 PM
how can you chalk with only one hand ?

lol You have to use a special zen monk technique. saying oooommmmm while chalking helps too. actually you could do it just resting the butt of the cue on the floor.

TX Poolnut
07-04-2010, 07:45 PM
How many ferrules did you go through?

I'm still working on my first one, but I've worn down one of my balls 3mm.

junkbond
07-04-2010, 10:23 PM
The last piece of chalk I worre out left an image of Jesus.
It will be on eBay tomorrow - starting bid $5,000.:grin-devilish:

Philthepockets
07-04-2010, 11:05 PM

Is it still visible to an atheist ? I might be interested.

realkingcobra
07-04-2010, 11:13 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean...so put the cue back in the case, leave it in the hallway closet....and go take up some other sport that you know something about....like bowling or something...maybe even marbles;)

Glen

cueandcushion
07-04-2010, 11:23 PM
A lot of threads on AZ seem like repeats to those of us that have been here a few years but this thread is definitely an original. This one and Gradys last thread have been more entertaining than most. At least give the guy credit for being original.

junkbond
07-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Is it still visible to an atheist ? I might be interested.
It must be if I could see it.
Send me your offer. (I'll throw in a cheese sandwich with Elvis on it.)

Philthepockets
07-04-2010, 11:27 PM
It must be if I could see it.
Send me your offer. (I'll throw in a cheese sandwich with Elvis on it.)

Fat Elvis or skinny Elvis?

junkbond
07-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Skinny Elvis on cheese. Fat Elvis on fried peanut butter and banana sandwich - but that's more money.

JesseAllred
07-05-2010, 01:08 AM

I have a shriveled popped balloon with Santa's image in it I will trade you for it!

JoeyA
07-05-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't know why youse guys are all over Ace.

You do know he is the master distributor for Blue Diamond Chalk North America, don't you?

oldzilla
07-05-2010, 09:08 AM

Now here is a man who knows how to chalk !

I was gonna tak a picture of some of my old pieces of chalk that are on there way to looking like those. But i see now you have saved me the trouble. I never noticed your avatar picture untill now. very nice

pt109
07-05-2010, 09:34 AM
I don't know why youse guys are all over Ace.

You do know he is the master distributor for Blue Diamond Chalk North America, don't you?

I hear his business is in trouble.
Fedex cancelled their delivery contract because of inept packaging.
The drivers threatened to strike due to chalk dust all over their uniforms.
He pled to Fedex "At least refer me to someone."
Fedex replied "Sorry,we can not give you a re-ferrule."

mm4pool
07-05-2010, 09:51 AM

:rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

LAMas
07-05-2010, 09:56 AM
This thread got me paranoid - so I un-ferruled my cue case to look at the wear on my ferrules.

oldzilla
07-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I knew a guy who had a shaft like the one Ace has. Worn down ferrule and tip down to nothing. He used it to pose as a banger. When he got a important game ($) he would switch to a much better tool. hehehaha

LAMas
07-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I knew a guy who had a shaft like the one Ace has. Worn down ferrule and tip down to nothing. He used it to pose as a banger. When he got a important game ($) he would switch to a much better tool. hehehaha

Better yet, when they take a cue like that off of the wall and in the middle of the match, go to their car to get a better tool.:)

rackem
07-05-2010, 11:54 AM

They make it that way to help reduce your front mass weight for you thereby creating less deflection. :rolleyes:

jgpool
07-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I hear his business is in trouble.
Fedex cancelled their delivery contract because of inept packaging.
The drivers threatened to strike due to chalk dust all over their uniforms.
He pled to Fedex "At least refer me to someone."

OUCH!! That hurt my funny bone!!! I'm glad I wasn't drinking a cold COORS! It would have made my keyboard sticky. :thumbup::thumbup:

poolhustler
07-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I played a guy once who had a really old Adams? cue. The ferrule was shaped like an hour glass.

Mr. Ace needs one of those!!!

:)

Tramp Steamer
07-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Mae West had a classic hourglass figure. Does that mean she was shaped like ace's ferrule.
Mike Ferrule played Capt. B J Hunicutt on MASH.
If a cat grows up in the wild it becomes a ferrule cat.
Did you know there have been 120 replies to a guy who claimed he knew how to chalk a cue tip, but didn't.
Did you also know that I thought about getting a life, but couldn't come up with anything definite. :)

Majic
07-05-2010, 05:18 PM
This thread is very entertaining.......

when you ask a %## question.......you get a #@& answer. :)

cleary
07-05-2010, 06:18 PM

This could take a while...

Mike, listen... It doesn't take a 'player' to know that chalking your ferrule is wrong. Chalk the tip and you will be just fine.

And calling out the whole forum to come play you is a great way to go bust.

ace911
07-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Mr. Cleary you can get played sir!

Oh wait! You wouldn't bet water is wet
Oh wait! You wouldn't bet you're breathing
Oh wait! You can't play a lick

Why don't you go make a t-shirt and copy some more stuff I say

P.S. If anyone wants to play me some. Please come. Otherwise put your skirt back on.

Majic
07-06-2010, 03:25 AM

P.S. If anyone wants to play me some. Please come. Otherwise put your skirt back on.

Are we still in the school yard? :)

SKJoss72
07-06-2010, 06:06 AM
I think we all know that you chalk like a retard, people have tried to be nice about it and all they get is "come play me in NYC" yeah people are gonna jump on that offer. Hell if I were back to myself I may have taken the trip up there, just to see such chalking Prowless It would be worth the 4 hour ride and the time i would never get back dealing with such a douche. you came to a public forum... asked a rediculous question. to which you received about 80+ answers.

everybody is on the same page that you're chalking the tip wrong. and thats it. say thanks and either fix the porblem or keep wearing out parts.

My question to you is: Do you think you are the best pool player in NY? because what happens if someone on here is the best, calls you out on the comming to NY to play your nonchalking a$$, you lose thats what happens, so why make an even bigger fool out of yourself I swear I will never understand stupidity...

cleary
07-06-2010, 07:11 AM

Mr. Wong... Did I say I can play or would want to play you? I simply said, don't go calling out the internet. If you want me to line up some forum members to come bust you, I can see what I can do. There are a lot of people that play A speed or above here. Post up some money and I'll find a whole lot of people to come get it.

And yes, I copied the great Mike "take too long" Wong for all shirts. You are, in fact, my biggest inspiration.

real bartram
07-06-2010, 07:41 AM

ok my friend ill come play you in your house.
you say bet something?
what dos that mean to you
ill come play you for 10 k
lets dance

real bartram
07-06-2010, 07:42 AM

ill play you some.
just let me know.

Philthepockets
07-06-2010, 07:58 AM
And the silence was deafening.

poolpro
07-06-2010, 08:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Here's a vid on the proper way to chalk a cue.

Damn! got me!

poolpro
07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
you say bet something?
lets dance

One more thing... the loser MUST admit that they lost because they chalked incorrectly! ( BTW, by loser, I mean ace)

To ace:

Whenever you are in a disagreement with someone, and you have to COMPLETELY change the ENTIRE topic to TRY and save face, you MUST admit that you have just admitted how weak your position is!

You had NOTHING, and nowhere to go, so then it is ... uh, ...um.... well,,,,, I think I can play, bet something.

Well, it looks like you got your wish ( actually, I KNOW you did not want this, but it is YOUR bed).

One more thing, if a guy in a bar is acting like a douche, and challenges another guy to a fight, EVEN IF HE HAPPENS TO WIN the fight- It in NO WAY changes the FACT that he is a douche! Trust me, I know. I used to work security in bars.

This situation reminds me of a time when I was beating a guy pretty bad in a pool match, and he wanted to challenge me to a basketball game! I am NOT making this up! ( I am like 5'10" over 260 pounds, not much of a BB player, I might add, never claimed to be either!) I just found it tooo funny!

I was like " I tell you what, the next time you catch me on a basketball court talking shit, I PROMISE you I will play you for as much as you want! But seeing we are in a POOL HALL, why don't we play some pool?"

In other words, WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING? How old are you? 8?

BTW, my grandfather can beat up your grandfather! This PROVES you are not chalking correctly! I know even YOU can't argue this clear line of reasoning!

Just wow,

Jason

JesseAllred
07-06-2010, 08:37 AM
you say bet something?
lets dance ill play you some.
just let me know.

LOL the polite offer is more like a shock and awe assault!

NewStroke
07-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Okay, WTF is wrong (or should I say Wong) here? I show up to Ace's Queens hangout and ask around for him to play a couple sets. A younger kid jumps on his cell phone and call him up. The kid hangs up and tells me that Ace will be right down.

I'm looking out the window and hear this God awful buzzing and a skinny kid pulls up on a scooter with flames painted on the sides and a big plastic 9 ball on the handle bars. His helmet has an 8 ball painted on it. I know this is my mark.

He walks in with a trophy in his hand, puts it on the table and says "I hear you want to play". I say that I am and he straightens his trophy and says "how much". I tell him a race to 20 for 1K. He says that's alot of money, how about we start with a 3-ball race to 5 for $10. I grin and say ok. He says "I'm gonna leave my trophy here while I put my cue together."

He opens his PVC pipe case and out falls an original Minnesota Fats Lava cue. I notice his ferrule looks like someone tied off their finger with fishing line. He goes to chalk and the chalk slips from his fingers, to my surprise it never hit the ground. The chalk slid down the cue and stopped about 3/4 of the way down the shaft. He asks me if I have an extra piece of chalk and if it's common for me to go through a piece each day.

I just shook my head and walked away hoping someone else will validate this story.

Tramp Steamer
07-06-2010, 08:51 AM
ace, I'm not trying to pile on here (well, maybe a little) but you have gotten yourself on one of those 'slippery slopes' we've all heard so much about. Kinda reminds me of those cartoon characters who try to run, and their feet are going like crazy, and there's bongo music in the background, but they don't go anywhere. Kinda like that. :)

LAMas
07-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Okay, WTF is wrong (or should I say Wong) here? I show up to Ace's Queens hangout and ask around for him to play a couple sets. A younger kid jumps on his cell phone and call him up. The kid hangs up and tells me that Ace will be right down.

I'm looking out the window and hear this God awful buzzing and a skinny kid pulls up on a scooter with flames painted on the sides and a big plastic 9 ball on the handle bars. His helmet has an 8 ball painted on it. I know this is my mark.

He walks in with a trophy in his hand, puts it on the table and says "I hear you want to play". I say that I am and he straightens his trophy and says "how much". I tell him a race to 20 for 1K. He says that's alot of money, how about we start with a 3-ball race to 5 for $10. I grin and say ok. He says "I'm gonna leave my trophy here while I put my cue together."

He opens his PVC pipe case and out falls an original Minnesota Fats Lava cue. I notice his ferrule looks like someone tied off their finger with fishing line. He goes to chalk and the chalk slips from his fingers, to my surprise it never hit the ground. The chalk slid down the cue and stopped about 3/4 of the way down the shaft. He asks me if I have an extra piece of chalk and if it's common for me to go through a piece each day.

I just shook my head and walked away hoping someone else will validate this story.

But...did it touch his ferrule?:confused:

SKJoss72
07-06-2010, 10:05 AM

now thats funny and I can actually picture the 8 ball helmet, hell Makes me kinda want one :sorry: thanks now i'll be thinking about this all day

pt109
07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
you say bet something?
lets dance

Oh oh
somebody called their big brother,Ace

Philthepockets
07-06-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.loripalli.com/P04IL02/10in72_b_999_P04IL02.jpg

LAMas
07-06-2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.loripalli.com/P04IL02/10in72_b_999_P04IL02.jpg

That'll do it.
"Drill, baby drill"

ace911
07-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Listen Bartam,

You had a game. Chavez, he came all the waaaaaaaaaay from Mexico to NYC because you told him you wanted to play him some. Then what? You told him to go to Ohio! WTF! Oh wait you were busy...

Mike in MN
07-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Well, Ace, you have officially dug yourself into that hole you never should have. Remember that scene in Casino when the mobsters make Nicky and his brother dig their own graves, and then they beat them mercilessly with baseball bats and bury them alive?

You have already dug your own grave by repeatedly asking if anyone wants to play some, and now you have a response. And if you take Bartram up on his offer, you'll be handing him the proverbial baseball bat. And my guess is he will bury you alive.

On the other hand, if you back down now, you will be laughed out of this forum.

That's what we call a lose-lose situation. See what happens when you bite the hands that feed you? All any of us wanted to do was help, and you made it worse and worse with every word you typed. At this point, I hope you begrudgingly accept Bartram's offer and go bust. You deserve it for spitting in all of our faces when we offered you the advice you requested.

cleary
07-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Listen Bartam,

You had a game. Chavez, he came all the waaaaaaaaaay from Mexico to NYC because you told him you wanted to play him some. Then what? You told him to go to Ohio! WTF! Oh wait you were busy...

Mike, post your money and I'll get him on a plane tomorrow.

DogsPlayingPool
07-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Listen Bartam,

Is that a "Yes" or a "No"?

pt109
07-06-2010, 11:44 AM
El Smooooothie could be in trouble here...
...an hour-glass shaped ferrule may improve one's timing

...or is it a new way of being put on the clock?

justadub
07-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Now we're getting somewhere.

Next step is to get it streamed....

Ace, this is your 15 minutes. Enjoy it.

cuesmith
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
This is why i throw away any piece of chalk I see that is worn down very much at all. I try to use new or nearly new chalk at all times.

pooltchr
07-06-2010, 12:42 PM
This is why i throw away any piece of chalk I see that is worn down very much at all. I try to use new or nearly new chalk at all times.

Absolutely! There is no reason to use crappy old worn out chalk!
http://www.cuesight.com/twmcgb.html

Steve

KMRUNOUT
07-06-2010, 12:42 PM
you say bet something?
lets dance

Nice Chris. Maybe this Ace fellow doesn't know you, but by his talk I figure he ought to be able to give you the 8 and be ok. Just watch out, cause win or lose you might come away with irreparable harm to your ability to chalk a cue correctly.

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
One more thing... the loser MUST admit that they lost because they chalked incorrectly! ( BTW, by loser, I mean ace)

To ace:

Whenever you are in a disagreement with someone, and you have to COMPLETELY change the ENTIRE topic to TRY and save face, you MUST admit that you have just admitted how weak your position is!

You had NOTHING, and nowhere to go, so then it is ... uh, ...um.... well,,,,, I think I can play, bet something.

Well, it looks like you got your wish ( actually, I KNOW you did not want this, but it is YOUR bed).

One more thing, if a guy in a bar is acting like a douche, and challenges another guy to a fight, EVEN IF HE HAPPENS TO WIN the fight- It in NO WAY changes the FACT that he is a douche! Trust me, I know. I used to work security in bars.

This situation reminds me of a time when I was beating a guy pretty bad in a pool match, and he wanted to challenge me to a basketball game! I am NOT making this up! ( I am like 5'10" over 260 pounds, not much of a BB player, I might add, never claimed to be either!) I just found it tooo funny!

I was like " I tell you what, the next time you catch me on a basketball court talking shit, I PROMISE you I will play you for as much as you want! But seeing we are in a POOL HALL, why don't we play some pool?"

In other words, WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING? How old are you? 8?

BTW, my grandfather can beat up your grandfather! This PROVES you are not chalking correctly! I know even YOU can't argue this clear line of reasoning!

Just wow,

Jason

Very good post! You've highlighted the "logic" going on here well!

KMRUNOUT

oldzilla
07-06-2010, 12:48 PM
completes page # 10 WOOOHOOOO !

A.J. DeAngelo
07-06-2010, 12:52 PM

You must be a hustler.

real bartram
07-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Listen Bartam,

get your story right kid.
and im busy but i dont have to hit 1 pool ball to beat you.
and i have many times tried to play him.
so you called every one on az billiards out i said yes and like i thought you said NO.
its cool i knew you would not play just remember there are a lot of pool players here on az billiards who would rob you.

ace911
07-06-2010, 01:24 PM
The man smuggled into the country to come play you some. Then you didn't want to play. Nice move.

real bartram
07-06-2010, 01:26 PM
The man smuggled into the country to come play you some. Then you didn't want to play. Nice move.

i have tried to play him many times.
we have been at dcc at the same time i always ask to play.
why do people think i always have to go where they want to play?
ill play at us open or dcc thats the only 2 times a year ill be playing now.
but if you want to play i dont need to practice.
have a nice day

mikeyfrost
07-06-2010, 01:30 PM

This thread is real long but when I think of it I like to cut new pieces of chalk in half. Chalk is by far the cheapest thing when it comes to pool, makes no sense to use the chalk that you can put your whole ferrule into.

P.S. I just read the last few pages. Is the rail open for when you and Chavez drive to Ohio to bust Bartram. You guys can make more money if you bet some online. You already knew that though.

Oh and I don't use Blue Diamond chalk so I have no answer to your question.

Mike in MN
07-06-2010, 01:31 PM

Why not answer him, yes or no? We're still waiting.

mdavis228
07-06-2010, 01:39 PM
I didn't read this whole thread, and I do not need to. The op has needlessly embarrased himself, AND is obviously suicidal going after CB for any action. If you'd burn your money you could at least stay warm for a bit.
Chalk's cheap - buy some. And keep your damned pacifier away from it, or you'll need to burn more of your money to dry off the drool.

cleary
07-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Why not answer him, yes or no? We're still waiting.

Tin man would rather rob me. I can't run three balls, but Im pretty good at chalking. He woofs at the AZ world thinking they all can't play like me. Nice move.

oldzilla
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
so you called every one on az billiards out i said yes and like i thought you said NO.
its cool i knew you would not play just remember there are a lot of pool players here on az billiards who would rob you.

Heck I could rob him and I haven't hit a ball in six months. I am 59 and my eye's are getting worse but I wonder if he would make a house call to Syracuse !

The Saw
07-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Listen Bartam,

Ohio is dead on the way from Mexico to New York so maybe one of the genius' in the Chavez camp should have figured that out when planning his getaway from Mexico. It would have saved him waaaaaaaaaaay many miles coming up and waaaaaaaaaaay many miles taking his busted ass back to Mexico.

poolpro
07-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Wow, do you have ANY other tactics? Or do you ALWAYS bark up some, then COMPLETELY change the topic at hand to TRY to save face and distract from the fact that you are in over your head?

NEWSFLASH! There is not one SINGLE person on here who isn't seeing you for what you are! You are not fooling anyone.

Your bartrum story sounds pretty fishy at best, but even if it were true,

WTF DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT YOU CALLED OUT ANYONE ON AZ, AND NOW WILL NOT ANSWER YOUR OWN CHALLENGE?

Let the ducking begin! What happened to BET SOME?

You are in NY, huh? You must be a fan of the

DODGERS! :grin::grin::thumbup:

The Saw
07-06-2010, 02:57 PM
ill play you some.
just let me know.

Spot rep taking care of the boss man....... LOL

real bartram
07-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow, do you have ANY other tactics? Or do you ALWAYS bark up some, then COMPLETELY change the topic at hand to TRY to save face and distract from the fact that you are in over your head?

NEWSFLASH! There is not one SINGLE person on here who isn't seeing you for what you are! You are not fooling anyone.

WTF DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT YOU CALLED OUT ANYONE ON AZ, AND NOW WILL NOT ANSWER YOUR OWN CHALLENGE?

good post right on.
he called out az billiards like there are not any great players on here.
ILL TELLEM
oh wait i did

LAMas
07-06-2010, 03:31 PM

There's nothing wrong with the Dodgers out here in L.A.:)

poolpro
07-06-2010, 03:42 PM
There's nothing wrong with the Dodgers out here in L.A.:)

yeah, yeah. Trying to make a joke. :thumbup: :grin:

LAMas
07-06-2010, 03:52 PM
yeah, yeah. Trying to make a joke. :thumbup: :grin:

I thought so.:)

By the way, I see where Mike Wong $150.00 beat Borana Andoni $100.00.

junior718
07-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Always making friends Mikey! By the way did u ever consider to clalking without touching the ferrule? You missing the obvious kid.

poolpro
07-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Always making friends Mikey! By the way did u ever consider to clalking without touching the ferrule? You missing the obvious kid.

If only someone would have suggested this sooner! Then all of this could have been avoided!

He would surely take such good advice to heart and give it a chance.... oh wait.... nevermind!! :grin-square:

cleary
07-06-2010, 04:17 PM

Im going to check back in a few hours. I expect to see a post from Mike calling you out.

pulldapin
07-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Can't beleive I'm wasting time with this but here it goes. Ace911 you deserve your own category in this forum. When I started playing...a few months ago...I used to get this colored ring around my ferrule. I didn't like it so I gave it a little thought and it doesn't happen any more. I don't gamble but would be willing to bet you any game, any amount, any time, any place, any table.

cuesmith
07-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Can't beleive I'm wasting time with this but here it goes. Ace911 you deserve your own category in this forum. When I started playing...a few months ago...I used to get this colored ring around my ferrule. I didn't like it so I gave it a little thought and it doesn't happen any more. I don't gamble but would be willing to bet you any game, any amount, any time, any place, any table.

I wouldn't travel from Oahu for his action! You're nut would surely be more than the $10 you might win before he pulls up lame! And like you, I can't believe I've wasted this much time on such a stupid thread! I'm outta here!

pt109
07-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't travel from Oahu for his action! You're nut would surely be more than the $10 you might win before he pulls up lame! And like you, I can't believe I've wasted this much time on such a stupid thread! I'm outta here!

This thread is indicative of the value of this forum.

We were given a lemon at the start - a guy who can't chalk his own cue.
There were over 170 responses and over 4,000 views.
We had a lot of fun,a little drama and future action possibilities.

We turned that lemon into lemonade.

And you could use Tramp's hour glass idea to start a whole new line
of ferrules....he prefers the Mae West look.......
.....i'd pay serious cash for a Ferrule Fawcet Major

ace911
07-06-2010, 07:13 PM
All the mongoloids know where to find each other. Especially on the Internet. You got the finest railbirds in the country in front of the computer. Birds find your perch. I didn’t call out the universe, or say I’m going to play any world-beater. What I did say is I’d play anyone on this thread that was talking trash about me, and thinks I can’t chalk a cue or play a lick. Pulldapin I highly doubt you are going to come from Oahu to come play me. If you do, please come get some.

poolpro
07-06-2010, 07:29 PM
All the mongoloids know where to find each other. Especially on the Internet. You got the finest railbirds in the country in front of the computer. Birds find your perch. I didnít call out the universe, or say Iím going to play any world-beater. What I did say is Iíd play anyone on this thread that was talking trash about me, and thinks I canít chalk a cue or play a lick. Pulldapin I highly doubt you are going to come from Oahu to come play me. If you do, please come get some.

Umm, yes you did put out an open challenge. Then ducked it!

Why didn't you just say "no thanks" to bartram instead of talking about someone else who is not involved in this conversation in any way?

Sorry, but your character is showing through from beginning to end. The very simple reason you are not getting ANY respect is because you do not deserve any! You come on here asking for opinions, then trashing everyone for giving them. THEN throw out a challenge which has NOTHING to do with the topic of conversation, THEN DUCK THAT CHALLENGE WHEN IT WAS ACCEPTED.

So can we get an official " NO THANKS" on the offer that was accepted? Or are you going to continue to pretend somehow that you are not ducking and running?

I have been pretty active in this from early on. I would also be more than willing to play you. I am a verified nobody. I WILL NOT come to you. I am not trash talking and not wanting to start a whole bunch of bs on a match that is 90% not gonna happen. But if you find your way down in my neck of the woods, you will get played. I am NOT willing to get into a back and forth trash talking contest about every detail unless you are REALLY going to come down here.

I am just calling them like I see them, and you have not given any respect to anyone, and that is the reason you are not getting any back.

Mike in MN
07-06-2010, 08:04 PM
All the mongoloids know where to find each other. Especially on the Internet. You got the finest railbirds in the country in front of the computer. Birds find your perch. I didn’t call out the universe, or say I’m going to play any world-beater. What I did say is I’d play anyone on this thread that was talking trash about me, and thinks I can’t chalk a cue or play a lick. Pulldapin I highly doubt you are going to come from Oahu to come play me. If you do, please come get some.

So you're going to play Bartram? Yesssssss.

mm4pool
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
i started reading this thread due to the fact that i use BD chalk and was curious as to what would be said. i have watched as this developed and have a few comments. it seems as though Mr ass911 got some responses that he didnt like and so he responded with challenges he obviously had NO intention of answering. now when being called out on this his answer is calling us "mongoloid"? here in texas we have an expression for guys such as this, NUTLESS WONDER" seems to apply. Mr 911 you should be more considerate of your own words before speaking them and you might get a better reception.

Mike (Non-mongoloid)

BRKNRUN
07-06-2010, 08:34 PM

I am really impressed.....over 4000 views on this thread and 12 pages of posts from a question that was answered by the second reply.

Now I will have to go read the whole damn thing so I can see who did the "internet challange"....

"You come to my area"...."No you come to my area" ......"I am not going to come to your area from my area"......."Well...I sure as hell won't be going to your area"........"I will tell you what then....if you are ever in my area......I will play you some......(meanwhile...neither would ever know who the other one is....or that they were even in that town..until after one or the other left town)

or it goes down something like this.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olh22KniUZA&feature=related

junior718
07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Im going to check back in a few hours. I expect to see a post from Mike calling you out.

He knows our game.

real bartram
07-06-2010, 08:48 PM
He knows our game.

what does he spot you?

GMAC
07-06-2010, 09:05 PM
what does he spot you?

lol...............

theblemishedone
07-06-2010, 09:06 PM
If you're too lazy to try to read all of these posts, here is a summary of what the thread has evolved into.

you say bet something?
lets dance

ill play you some.
just let me know.
Listen Bartam,

i have tried to play him many times.
we have been at dcc at the same time i always ask to play.
why do people think i always have to go where they want to play?
ill play at us open or dcc thats the only 2 times a year ill be playing now.
but if you want to play i dont need to practice.
have a nice day

All the mongoloids know where to find each other. Especially on the Internet. You got the finest railbirds in the country in front of the computer. Birds find your perch. I didnít call out the universe, or say Iím going to play any world-beater. What I did say is Iíd play anyone on this thread that was talking trash about me, and thinks I canít chalk a cue or play a lick. Pulldapin I highly doubt you are going to come from Oahu to come play me. If you do, please come get some.

real bartram
07-06-2010, 09:08 PM
lol...............

damn all the gangstas in this thread

ace911
07-06-2010, 09:10 PM
GMAC you want some of this?

real bartram
07-06-2010, 09:11 PM

lol lmao

hahhaahhahh to funny
ace your a funny dude.

junior718
07-06-2010, 09:11 PM

You already ducked him tonight. He is still here at skyline. Come play him right now.

real bartram
07-06-2010, 09:14 PM
You already ducked him tonight. He is still here at skyline. Come play him right now.

wow he ducked him tonight?
and now calls him out on here
damn how does he play gmac?

ace911
07-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I said tomorrow sir!

cleary
07-06-2010, 09:15 PM
lol lmao

hahhaahhahh to funny
ace your a funny dude.

He's got jokes...

Said this via PM:

"you copied what I said (you wont bet water is wet) and made a T-shirt. I said that real loud to someone at Masters (many people have asked me about it), and the next few days, I see a T-shirt, being made. No one NYC says stuff. Then I hear you like what Rob Pole said and want to make a T-shirt from that. WTF.You can't even think of your own T-shirts..."

junior718
07-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I told you he cant tomorrow. You shoulda came tonight. He will be around this weekend. Or you can come play me Thursday night again.

junior718
07-06-2010, 09:21 PM
He plays like a "A" Chris. He slow plays tho. He is the one that beat Chohan at the Open and Tony looked like he wanted to kill him. He put Tony in a coma.

ace911
07-06-2010, 09:22 PM
We can play tomorrow, otherwise I'm tied up until next week.

WTF Don't knock me. Tell everyone I can't chalk a damn cue.

real bartram
07-06-2010, 09:24 PM
He plays like a "A" Chris. He slow plays tho. He is the one that beat Chohan at the Open and Tony looked like he wanted to kill him. He put Tony in a coma.

im not sure who he is?
so he plays you even?

we need some action from this thread.
he almost got me out of retirement.
guess ill just bet on you or gmac.

junior718
07-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I cant play tomorrow.

softshot
07-06-2010, 09:26 PM
WTF Don't knock me. Tell everyone I can't chalk a damn cue.

YOU told everyone that .. it's called the ORIGINAL POST

have a nice day:D

ace911
Delete that post please...

junior718
No not even. I gave the 7 and won. Lost giving last 3. Broke even a few times with the 7 again. Then we played 8-7 won won won 9-7 won won even even won 9-7/10-7 even.

real bartram
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
delete that post please...

you a player

ill tellem

junior718
07-06-2010, 09:28 PM
lol can u follow that Chris?

Mikey dont be worried about getting action knocked. I told you already it takes you too long to finish a set and can never make money like that. Will take you 3 months to bust someone.

junior718
07-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Why should i tell everyone you cant chalk your cue? you ferrule speaks for itself.

ace911
07-06-2010, 09:30 PM
WTF is wrong with everyone in brooklyn. They all knock me. The Brooklyn Knock. I tell you what, the last guy I played I gave a walking stick...

Mike in MN
07-06-2010, 09:32 PM
:withstupid:

This thread has gotten out of control. How many times is Ace going to call out someone new while simultaneously ducking Bartram and everyone else?

I lost count.

junior718
07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
WTF is wrong with everyone in brooklyn. They all knock me. The Brooklyn Knock. I tell you what, the last guy I played I gave a walking stick...

I dont get it........

Explain please

SUPERSTAR
07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
There must be something in the water.

ace911
07-06-2010, 09:35 PM
9BallMarksman come get some! Happy Now?

real bartram
07-06-2010, 09:36 PM
There must be something in the water.

no superstar in the thread its over now

ace911
I gave him some money for gas, so he didn't have to take a bus home...

junior718
Gave him a walking stick? Does that mean you beat him really bad??

AlBaker13
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Give me a few months, I got a guy... be careful though haha oh and if he asks you if you want chalking instructions, you'll know where he came from. No need to know who he is, he'll find yah.

ace911
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
That means I gave him some money back.

Like a cash-rewards program.

What you do for good customers.

Mike in MN
07-06-2010, 09:39 PM
9BallMarksman come get some! Happy Now?

If I lived anywhere near NYC, I'd put $5k down in a heartbeat. I haven't beaten up on a C-player in a while.

real bartram
07-06-2010, 09:39 PM

ace dont worry ill do that for you.
im good to my customers.
i call it rake back

junior718
07-06-2010, 09:40 PM

Do you get upset I dont give you none back?

ace911
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Why don't we try that game at Masters?

Mike in MN
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Do you get upset I dont give you none back?

Oh snap!

junior718
07-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Why don't we try that game at Masters?

I fall apart of my tables. We might have to adjust the game for me to leave here.

ace911
07-06-2010, 09:45 PM
You mean you only play good in your own room?

SUPERSTAR
07-06-2010, 09:47 PM
You gotta love an online peeing contest and turf wars.

So funny.

But to keep with the thread, if you use that IPT tournament chalk on your ferrule, it makes your ferrule FATTER! :rolleyes:

Mike in MN
07-06-2010, 09:48 PM

You mean you keep telling people to "come play some" but won't accept offers from the people who agree?

softshot
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
3 pages of posts in a little over an hour...

is that a record???

Frankenstroke
07-06-2010, 10:17 PM
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

"Well, then don't do that."

LAMas
07-06-2010, 10:23 PM
3 pages of posts in a little over an hour...

is that a record???

Is there a match goin down yet?

Tramp Steamer
07-07-2010, 04:36 AM
You gotta love an online peeing contest and turf wars.

So funny.

But to keep with the thread, if you use that IPT tournament chalk on your ferrule, it makes your ferrule FATTER! :rolleyes:

So that must be why I kept running out of chalk and my first wife kept turning into a lardass. Thanks, SUPER. :)

Mr Slate
07-07-2010, 04:44 AM
Maybe this will help keep that ferrule clean. :thumbup:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk45/mds420/product_thumbphp.jpg

Tramp Steamer
07-07-2010, 04:45 AM
Is there a match goin down yet?

Nope. The only thing that went down was ace.
Did you ever watch the Discovery channel and see the one where Mongol horseman play a game where they take a young goat and try to get it from one end of a huge field to the other. By the time they're through that poor goat is torn to smithereens. Kinda reminds you of old ace here. :)

Boro Nut
07-07-2010, 05:17 AM
I guess I was a minute too late in posting.If you are a minute too late in posting you are not timing your posts correctly.

Boro Nut

SKJoss72
07-07-2010, 06:37 AM

You talk about only playing good in your own room but we keep hearing about "come play at MAsters" Sounds like we found the mongoloid. (he's in a certain avatar hlding a trophey. all these pages make for great reading but I am not feeling good about the next generation of pool players. not with this stupid behavior... I know I know "come get some"

JesseAllred
07-07-2010, 06:46 AM

I'm eating a donut. with chocolate. heated. it's really tasty. with a cold glass of milk. yummy. ......come GET SOME!! "you mean the donut only tastes good in your own town?"
boo yah

AnitoKid
07-07-2010, 06:53 AM
I laughed out loud when I read this! And I kid you not!
FUNNY! I could just picture the scene in my mind! HA HA HA!

AK

cleary
07-07-2010, 06:56 AM
he's in a certain avatar hlding a trophey.

That's not him actually.

oldzilla
07-07-2010, 07:00 AM
That's not him actually.

Lets put a face on the name then !

AnitoKid
07-07-2010, 07:01 AM
FUNNY! And I kid you not!

AnitoKid
07-07-2010, 07:05 AM
It just keeps getting better and better!
This thread is a keeper! HA!

SKJoss72
07-07-2010, 07:13 AM
now it keeps getting stranger lets see put a pic of someone else in my avatar giving the image that the trophey is his, wow I gotta move to MARS or something

real bartram
07-07-2010, 07:15 AM
now it keeps getting stranger lets see put a pic of someone else in my avatar giving the image that the trophey is his, wow I gotta move to MARS or something

it must be his fav player.
who is the player in his avatar?
the real question is who are the girls in his avatar?

SKJoss72
07-07-2010, 07:19 AM
the real question is who are the girls in his avatar?

tHis is true BTW what is the record amount of pages for busting some poor guys balls, who already has it bad enough- judging from his chalking skills

real bartram
07-07-2010, 07:26 AM
tHis is true BTW what is the record amount of pages for busting some poor guys balls, who already has it bad enough- judging from his chalking skills

im sure we are not there yet.

skip
07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
This is too silly. Even more silly I wasted time reading this stuff. I got to get a life.

mikeyfrost
07-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Ace is PMing everyone for lines on everyone else. Realistically he can probably beat someone that has barked at him, I kinda like his style for getting someone trapped up. He might just bust someone in the next week.

ace911
07-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Thank your sir! Rep to you!

I got the style that makes the ladies smile :)

Mike in MN
07-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Still waiting for a reply, Ace. You gonna play Bartram?

cleary
07-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Lets put a face on the name then !

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=7478

woops

cleary
07-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Ace is PMing everyone for lines on everyone else. Realistically he can probably beat someone that has barked at him, I kinda like his style for getting someone trapped up. He might just bust someone in the next week.

Its gonna take a full week too. He's sloooooooooooooooow.

mikeyfrost
07-07-2010, 07:49 AM

woops

That just makes him easier to find. I feel like if he busts someone he owes you a small jelly roll for the advertisement.

cleary
07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
That just makes him easier to find. I feel like if he busts someone he owes you a small jelly roll for the advertisement.

Could make it easier for someone to bust him too. As slow as he plays, you could bust him playing for table time.

oldzilla
07-07-2010, 08:22 AM

woops

storyline;
Vergara took a two-game lead in the opening set of the true double elimination final, but Wong came roaring back with a six-pack. They traded racks to 7-4, before Vergara chalked up two in a row to pull within one at 7-6. They traded racks again to 8-7 before Vergara tied it at hill-hill. Vergara scratched on the final break, allowing Wong to run out and post the opening set win.

ut oh , a 6pack ! watch out bart.

Us meek azer's prolly need mega weight with this talented non-chalking champion poser.

cleary
07-07-2010, 08:28 AM
You know, I honestly don't like jumping on people and acting like a bully.

Wong was s*tty to me in the thread and through PM... and accused me of stealing his "line" for a shirt. A line that has been around for a looooong time. So that set me off. If we have business to handle, we can do it off the public forum. He acted childish and drug me down to his level. So I apologize to the forum.

SUPERSTAR
07-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Ok. Lets get some perspective.

How slow are we talking about?

And what type of slow is it?

Down on the shot and taking a billion strokes slow?
Getting up and down repeatedly undecided as what to do, chalking the tip (in his case, the ferrule) repeatedly? SIDE NOTE. Ferrule wear:lots of time spent on chalking the ferrule.
Getting stuck and just staring at the table for hours on end before committing to a specific shot?

oldzilla
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM

Wong was s*tty to me in the thread and through PM... and accused me of stealing his "line" for a shirt. A line that has been around for a looooong time. So that set me off. If we have business to handle, we can do it off the public forum. He acted childish and drug me down to his level. So I apologize to the forum.

I to would not have entered anymore after the advice was given.

He didn't accept it well then went to the woofing and also name calling.
But thats alright and so he received the shots he asked for. It's all complete execpt for the actual match that hasn't been set up yet.:)

justadub
07-07-2010, 08:43 AM

Oh hell, please don't apologize! This has been the most fun since the last Grady thread... It's good to have something a little lively going on every once in a while, and the op is the one who brought all of this on.

I've been reading it since the beginning, chuckling all the while. When he started telling folks to "come bet some" I knew this would become a good read, and it has not disappointed.

And Mr.Wong needs not worry about trying to get me to "bet some', since I'm broke and can't play a lick anyway. I do have fun watching others make fools of themselves tho... Ace vs Bartrum, streamed. THAT would be cool!

GMAC
07-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Ok. Lets get some perspective.

How slow are we talking about?

And what type of slow is it?

Down on the shot and taking a billion strokes slow?
Getting up and down repeatedly undecided as what to do, chalking the tip (in his case, the ferrule) repeatedly? SIDE NOTE. Ferrule wear:lots of time spent on chalking the ferrule.
Getting stuck and just staring at the table for hours on end before committing to a specific shot?

Superstar, it is the worst kind of slow you could imagine. He walks around the table twenty times on every shot then he gets down to shoot, then he gets back up looks the person he is playing right in the eye and laughs at them sitting in the chair because he knows they are suffering. He then proceeds to walk around the table another twenty times while placing his stick on the table checking every angle possible then he final shoots. He repeats this process for everyball. It is so brutal. Plus Mikey runs out so it is hard to fade.

To put it in presepective, I played him two races to 11 9ball and I won the first set in a run away 11 to 4 and I shoot quick. He beat me the second set 11 to 9 and the time was 76 dollars. Time is 11 dollars an hour. Unreal.

oldzilla
07-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Superstar, it is the worst kind of slow you could imagine. He walks around the table twenty times on every shot then he gets down to shoot, then he gets back up looks the person he is playing right in the eye and laughs at them sitting in the chair because he knows they are suffering. He then proceeds to walk around the table another twenty times while placing his stick on the table checking every angle possible then he final shoots. He repeats this process for everyball. It is so brutal. Plus Mikey runs out so it is hard to fade.

To put it in presepective, I played him two races to 11 9ball and I won the first set in a run away 11 to 4 and I shoot quick. He beat me the second set 11 to 9 and the time was 76 dollars. Time is 11 dollars an hour. Unreal.

Laying the stick on the table for angle perspective is a foul. some call it a nitty foul but none the less it is a foul.
btw did he take stalling lessons from CW ? lol