PDA

View Full Version : Borana vs OMGWTF: Round II

Wedge
07-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I recall OMG challenged Borana to a rematch in NYC...anyone hear if OMG has decided on a date to travel to NYC for the rematch she talked about at the conclusion of the live stream of the first match?

SUPERSTAR
07-02-2010, 10:45 AM
First!!!!!!!!!!!

TimKrazyMon
07-02-2010, 11:13 AM
My guess is OMG is still saving up $$ with the water/Ramen noodles diet.

Mike in MN
07-02-2010, 11:14 AM

Damn, that's cold!

DogsPlayingPool
07-02-2010, 11:25 AM
It's true that OMG plays with her own money and had stated she would need to save for a few months to get the stake together. Remember, the proposal was for $4K to play back east. So that's probably $5K+ with travel expenses. I've not heard any word yet on this thing happening but OMG will probably not pursue it until she has her stake together.

I note that Borana is on the list of players for the US Open 9 Ball Championship. This match may not happen until after that.

BTW, I like OMG's chances. ;)

Wedge
07-02-2010, 11:36 AM
It's true that OMG plays with her own money and had stated she would need to save for a few months to get the stake together. Remember, the proposal was for $4K to play back east. So that's probably $5K+ with travel expenses. I've not heard any word yet on this thing happening but OMG will probably not pursue it until she has her stake together.

I note that Borana is on the list of players for the US Open 9 Ball Championship. This match may not happen until after that.

Thanks...you are correct on your response. I will make you a sweat bet of $250 (I'll take Borana) if the match happens since you like OMG's chances. Be well and thanks for the response.

cleary
07-02-2010, 11:37 AM
This OMG person sounds like a hustler.

DogsPlayingPool
07-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks...you are correct on your response. I will make you a sweat bet of $250 (I'll take Borana) if the match happens since you like OMG's chances. Be well and thanks for the response.

Thanks, Wedge. I may take you up on that (or at least a piece) but let's wait to see A) if it happens, B) if it's streamed, and C) if I'm going to be able to watch it. :thumbup:

Eric.
07-02-2010, 11:54 AM

Dude, isn't it "hussler"?

Eric >:p

Eric.
07-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Looks like we're going for another ride on the ol' drama wagon again...

Eric >aye yay yay

LAMas
07-02-2010, 11:58 AM

Travel expenses....would that be the usual Greyhound Bus?
You might ask her questions on her blog:
http://massiveunderstatement.com/

TimKrazyMon
07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Travel expenses....would that be the usual Greyhound Bus?

I believe she mentioned flying out to NYC.

Nostroke
07-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I have not heard that Borana has agreed in principle to the rematch.

Has she?

poolplayer2093
07-02-2010, 01:38 PM

i think even though omg is taking the worst of it flying out to nyc for it she'll still win. i bet on borana last time just to do something but around rack 3 i figured i was going to lose.

i think omg just got a few bad rolls and got off to a real bad start that she never recovered from. i think the match would have gone faster if they both were more rested and played on a GC instead of a diamond. they both looked a little afraid to hit the balls toward the end

poolplayer2093
07-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I recall OMG challenged Borana to a rematch in NYC...anyone hear if OMG has decided on a date to travel to NYC for the rematch she talked about at the conclusion of the live stream of the first match?

tell me that ain't heart! as soon as she lost she says let's do it again for 4k!

nathandumoulin
07-02-2010, 01:48 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Borana declined the $4k offer, but agreed to the same bet as the first set, which was $2k.

poolplayer2093
07-02-2010, 02:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Borana declined the $4k offer, but agreed to the same bet as the first set, which was $2k.

that's brutal. after flying all the way out to NYC the best omg can do is break even. well almost even after the expenses

LAMas
07-02-2010, 02:23 PM
i think even though omg is taking the worst of it flying out to nyc for it she'll still win. i bet on borana last time just to do something but around rack 3 i figured i was going to lose.

i think omg just got a few bad rolls and got off to a real bad start that she never recovered from. i think the match would have gone faster if they both were more rested and played on a GC instead of a diamond. they both looked a little afraid to hit the balls toward the end

When the sun came up over at Sharks, OMGWTF was up 17 to Borana's 14 going to 21 so I left tired and thinking that OMG was a winner....surprise, surprise.

If OMG flies out, I hope she gets some rest so she doesn't get cranky like Grady.:smile:

DogsPlayingPool
07-02-2010, 02:29 PM

that's brutal. after flying all the way out to NYC the best omg can do is break even. well almost even after the expenses

I believe OMG declined to play for the same amount for the exact reasons mentioned by poolplayer2093. I can respect that. After all, it's not cheap to get across country and put up in NYC for a few days. The only reason she would be going would be to play Borana. Well, that and hit the shoe department at Saks. :grin-square:

LAMas
07-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I believe OMG declined to play for the same amount for the exact reasons mentioned by poolplayer2093. I can respect that. After all, it's not cheap to get across country and put up in NYC for a few days. The only reason she would be going would be to play Borana. Well, that and hit the shoe department at Saks. :grin-square:

Thanks for the update...I know that Borana can get $4K up if she really wanted - why play just to get even.

So no NY 6" stiletto heels.:frown:

poolplayer2093
07-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the update...I know that Borana can get $4K up if she really wanted - why play just to get even.

So no NY 6" stiletto heels.:frown:

i think there're enough people in her pool room that she could probably get the rail to bet the rest if borana(and or borana's stake horse?) doesn't want to put up the 4k.

then she's gotta worry about the rail sharking her though. not that it's guaranteed to happen but i've seen it done locally for WAY less

RobDeBank
07-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Well whatever happens let's hope it doesn't take 10 hours to race to 21 this time.

jrackman
07-03-2010, 11:44 PM
My guess is OMG is still saving up $$ with the water/Ramen noodles diet.now I get you name..just saying

Dagwoodz
07-04-2010, 03:58 AM
Speculation and rumor are a *****. I say let the ladies decide what they will or will not be doing. They will let everyone know in due time...or they won't. It's between them...we're all on the periphery looking in.

The way I see it, there was only a proposition made by OMGWTF. I never heard any official answer from Borana whether or not she would accept the challenge. Until I see otherwise, it's just another offer gone unanswered publicly. And I fully expect all the details to be worked out via pm or email if something WERE to happen; not on a public forum for all to criticize. I don't blame either one for it...we can be a brutally critical crew. Kudos to the two of them however for keeping it classy. :thumbup:

nathandumoulin
07-04-2010, 05:15 AM
Speculation and rumor are a *****. I say let the ladies decide what they will or will not be doing. They will let everyone know in due time...or they won't. It's between them...we're all on the periphery looking in.

The way I see it, there was only a proposition made by OMGWTF. I never heard any official answer from Borana whether or not she would accept the challenge. Until I see otherwise, it's just another offer gone unanswered publicly. And I fully expect all the details to be worked out via pm or email if something WERE to happen; not on a public forum for all to criticize. I don't blame either one for it...we can be a brutally critical crew. Kudos to the two of them however for keeping it classy. :thumbup:

Has anyone said anything to discredit either girl? I certainly haven't seen anything. It's just a few forum members being curious. :)

Besides, the little bit that I've contributed was heard first hand from one of the girls. I'm sure if you asked either girl, they probably enjoy the exposure and attention that they're receiving, otherwise they wouldn't be broadcasting the matches on the internet.

Dagwoodz
07-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Nathan,

Never said anyone here was trying to discredit anyone, and I'm not saying what you were told by one of the ladies is not the truth; you've always been about as straight up a poster as anyone on AZB imho. But it hasn't been posted here by one of them. That's all.

However, rumor and speculation tend to lead to wild jumps in logic by some contributers to this forum. I have no doubt that both ladies enjoy the coverage. My only point in my post was that if/when they decide to have a rematch, the meat and potatoes of the negotiations will be done in private and announced afterwards when complete. Along the way, I'm sure there will be some good natured woofing involved on both sides of the fence. When all that is going on, there's no help to 3rd party's chiming in. And at that point, it's great...it builds anticipation and excitement for it. But right now, there's nothing going on.

Just don't want something started that would be harmful to either lady's reputation. I've seen threads that started out as innocently as possible turn into some of the biggest flame wars on here. (see CTE's beginning...oh boy) Maybe I'm being too much of a "forum policeman"...if I'm coming across that way, I appologize. All the same, hope the rematch does happen. Just going to wait until the ladies themselves actually start talking about it here to discuss it. Cheers Nathan... :thumbup:

nathandumoulin
07-04-2010, 07:21 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the last match was actually arranged by both girls in a thread just like this. Pretty funny actually.

But yeah, I know what you're saying. And no worries, I knew you meant no harm by anything, so my apologies if I made it sound like you did. :)

Cheers. +R

Rich R.
07-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Well whatever happens let's hope it doesn't take 10 hours to race to 21 this time.

And how long did it take you to race to 21 the last time you played someone for $4000 of your money? :confused:

How long do you think it would take Johnny Archer and Charlie Williams to race to 21 after putting up $4000 each?

IF this rematch comes together, I just hope the ladies are well rested and they play their best pool. There should be no time restraints. I don't want either player to claim they were rushed.

justadub
07-04-2010, 07:37 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the last match was actually arranged by both girls in a thread just like this. Pretty funny actually.

That whole thread was exactly the reason I stayed up till 3AM here locally to watch the match start.

Well, that and the fact that they are MUCH easier on the eyes than most of the matches being streamed. Just sayin' :D

Seriously, that thread was fascinating, so to see how it played out in the end was really the only option. I hope they do find a way to put it together and play again (ESPECIALLY if it's here on the east coast).

briandlau
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM
I hear that there are some nice new Diamond 9 footers at Society Billiards in NY that they can play on.

nathandumoulin
07-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I hear that there are some nice new Diamond 9 footers at Society Billiards in NY that they can play on.

If OMGWTF is giving Borana home court advantage, I'm fairly certain she'll want to play the set on her favorite table. It will be the same one she usually practices on, and knows in and out.

I bet those Diamonds are nice, but she would be foolish to revoke her advantage by playing on one.

sunnyday
07-06-2010, 01:01 PM
OK, guys. Here is what I know.

1. OMGWTF hasn't changed her mind. She still wants a rematch with Borana at her home turf for $4000.

2. There will be no woofing from OMG until she saves up enough cash to play just in case Borana accepts. For those who still haven't caught up the situation, OMG only plays with her own dough and she lives on a modest fixed income. So, hence the joke of Ramen Noodle diet. I believe OMG openly jokes about it herself so, I don't think she minded when a forum member joked about it.

3. Just because it is quiet from OMG's side it doesn't mean she's had change of heart. She is well aware that Borana has many people who are willing to back or go in with if Borana accept.

------------

1. I don't know if Borana has accepted to the rematch condition of $4000.00. I've heard the same as Nathan that she's willing to play for $2000.00.

2. I don't know if there was any further discussion to rematch since both players left Vegas.

S.

A.J. DeAngelo
07-06-2010, 01:04 PM

Indeed. Probably owns her own cue. Or uses a house cue.

real bartram
07-06-2010, 01:15 PM

yea i wouldnt play her

TimKrazyMon
07-06-2010, 01:46 PM
yea i wouldnt play her

C'mon, Bartrum, give her Dippy's spot. That'd be a great game.:D

real bartram
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
C'mon, Bartrum, give her Dippy's spot. That'd be a great game.:D

both the girls play a lot better than dippy.
he is a 1 of a kind cant run 3 balls bets big.
like me playing golf.

poolplayer2093
07-06-2010, 02:43 PM
OK, guys. Here is what I know.

1. OMGWTF hasn't changed her mind. She still wants a rematch with Borana at her home turf for $4000.

2. There will be no woofing from OMG until she saves up enough cash to play just in case Borana accepts. For those who still haven't caught up the situation, OMG only plays with her own dough and she lives on a modest fixed income. So, hence the joke of Ramen Noodle diet. I believe OMG openly jokes about it herself so, I don't think she minded when a forum member joked about it.

3. Just because it is quiet from OMG's side it doesn't mean she's had change of heart. She is well aware that Borana has many people who are willing to back or go in with if Borana accept.

------------

1. I don't know if Borana has accepted to the rematch condition of $4000.00. I've heard the same as Nathan that she's willing to play for $2000.00.

2. I don't know if there was any further discussion to rematch since both players left Vegas.

S.

i'm betting on omg this time. she showed a lot of heart and gamble and it's all her own dough.
the more i hear about her the more i like her

poolplayer2093
07-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Indeed. Probably owns her own cue. Or uses a house cue.

Lol. i thought people had forgotten about that thread already

real bartram
07-06-2010, 02:46 PM
i'm betting on omg this time. she showed a lot of heart and gamble and it's all her own dough.
the more i hear about her the more i like her

can i be the first person you bet?

TX Poolnut
07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
This should be a great rubber match.

trustyrusty
07-06-2010, 04:02 PM
like me playing golf.

THAT I want to see!!! Justin?! lol

poolplayer2093
07-06-2010, 04:07 PM
can i be the first person you bet?

sure man that's cool. i'm not loaded so you'll probably be the first and only person i bet on the match with. just shoot me a pm when it gets closer to the match actually happening.

it'll be a small $50 sweat bet. that cool?