PDA

View Full Version : Phenolic

peteypooldude
07-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Should a phenolic ferrule crack,If you have one installed ,how long should they stand behind it?

Ballistic Billiards
07-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Is this a playing cue or a break cue?

peteypooldude
07-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Is this a playing cue or a break cue?
It is on my break cue,about 1.5 inches long

zy112
07-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Within th elast month, mine has startes chipping/cracking. I had i taken down and that night as soon as I used it the crack/chip came right back. Time for a new one. I played with it for a solid two years before anything negative happened.

Ballistic Billiards
07-02-2010, 04:06 PM
It is on my break cue,about 1.5 inches long

Is it a combination ferrule & tip or is there a tip on top of the ferrule?

peteypooldude
07-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Is it a combination ferrule & tip or is there a tip on top of the ferrule?

It is just a ferrule

Ballistic Billiards
07-02-2010, 05:30 PM
It is just a ferrule

Did the same person install the tip?

Varney Cues
07-02-2010, 06:11 PM
There are many versions of phenolic...many aren't suited well for breaking or rough play as they are somewhat brittle. If I install a break ferrule...I offer a lifetime warranty. But I'm going to use a bulletproof material. Get it replaced with Ivorine 4...its pretty much bullet proof. I've seen 100's abused like you'd never...yet still haven't ever seen a single one crack/break. Make sure you use someone trustworthy...sadly there are some out there that will install what they have handy & tell you what you want to hear. Ivorine 4 will be a bright white color with a very visable criss-cross pattern in the material weave...it'll look very much like cotton gauze. Its so stong that it'll flatten the teeth on my hacksaw in two seconds if I try to saw through a ferrule size rod. You need carbide to cut the stuff. Stongest ferrule material ever offered. Should run you about $30 for the ferrule installed.:smile:

peteypooldude
07-02-2010, 06:36 PM
There are many versions of phenolic...many aren't suited well for breaking or rough play as they are somewhat brittle. If I install a break ferrule...I offer a lifetime warranty. But I'm going to use a bulletproof material. Get it replaced with Ivorine 4...its pretty much bullet proof. I've seen 100's abused like you'd never...yet still haven't ever seen a single one crack/break. Make sure you use someone trustworthy...sadly there are some out there that will install what they have handy & tell you what you want to hear. Ivorine 4 will be a bright white color with a very visable criss-cross pattern in the material weave...it'll look very much like cotton gauze. Its so stong that it'll flatten the teeth on my hacksaw in two seconds if I try to saw through a ferrule size rod. You need carbide to cut the stuff. Stongest ferrule material ever offered. Should run you about $30 for the ferrule installed.:smile:

PM sent.....

gulyassy
07-05-2010, 09:11 AM
I have a patent on a new material that is unconditionally guaranteed and u can get either a ferrule/tip or a tip on my ferrule. In any case nobody but I have this new ferrule/tip material that is guaranteed forever. 8644587662.
Mike