PDA

View Full Version : Would you read a pool memoir online, and contribute?

9BallPaul
09-22-2010, 06:47 PM
This idea has percolated for several years, and I'm ready to pull the trigger this winter. I retired as a newspaper hack 15 years ago, and I'm ready to string together some chapers about my life, with pool being one of the central threads.

My working title is Route 40 Runs Through It. It descxribes
Colfax Avenue in Denver and its route through my life, which is sort of amazing, but I'll save that.

Not that I'm an accomplished pool player, far from it, yet I've seen a few and played a few, and in some storied rooms (Cochran's, The Palace, Guys and Dolls).

I'm thinking of doing it on the NPR board, but want to invite criticism and suggestions from AZers. Our new Internet media presents many ways to bring attention to our writing, or whatever. So that's my plan.

Who can get in board with this? I'm looking for encouragement, and for honest criticism.

Thanks for staying with me.

Gerry
09-23-2010, 04:17 AM
I'm always up for a good story.

A cool addition would be if players from AZB were in the same pool rooms back when you were......they could submit some stories about their experiences.

It's always funny how 2 players can witness the same thing and tell 2 completely differing stories a few years later :grin: