PDA

View Full Version : Question about lighting

schwartzchid
09-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm trying to install a new light fixture for my 9 foot pool table and I was wondering if a 3-fixture light would be enough to light it properly or if i needed a 4 fixture. Also, I live in Dallas, TX and have so far been unable to find a good place to buy light fixtures. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks

PoolCueStuff
09-23-2010, 11:36 AM
I would say that it depends on how much other light there is in the room besides this new light. Any windows? I would probably go with a 4 fixture light myself. If it turns out to be too much, just install lower wattage bulbs. If you have windows and other light, go with the 3 lamp fixture.

ridinda9
09-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Go with 8' flourescents , and you'll always be able to see what your shooting.
The big light from Diamond is great.

Tbeaux
09-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Locally try Hawley's (Billiards Store, Billiards Showroom, Shark Attack) or whatever it's called now.
http://www.billiardshowroom.com/

Qstix
09-23-2010, 01:49 PM
I think I would go for more light as well.

May I suggest T5 lights? They are the most effecient and longest lasting flourescents and not too much more than T8 or T12's either.

stillanoid
09-23-2010, 01:58 PM
As far as where to get a light I would try your local hardware store. I found a 3 fixture "kitchen island" light at Lowe's that looked identical to a 3 fixture "billiard table" light found online. I bought the one at Lowe's because it was less than half the price of the "billiard" light. It lit the table perfectly and looked nice too!

mnShooter
09-23-2010, 03:09 PM
You will need 4 shades for a 9' table. Get either the 72" or 78" model.

I don't really care for the flourescent lights. I've played with Diamond lights and can say I like the incandescent better. I have the 72" 4 shade lights. I use the reveal white bulbs, they seem to give the best color and contrast. 100 watt on each end and 75 watt in the middle ones.

Also many radar guns get messed up under flourescent lighting. So if you ever plan on using one keep that in mind.

ridinda9
09-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Also many radar guns get messed up under flourescent lighting. So if you ever plan on using one keep that in mind.

so where can I get flourescent headlights for my car ?