PDA

View Full Version : ID this cue please

SC02GTP
09-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Does anyone know the maker or worth of this cue? I am looking for information and I hope this is the place to find it. I do not think it is worth much, but, it belongs to a freind and he would like to know what he has.

Cue is unusual, the shaft slips into the butt and looks like a walking cane. The joint is brass to brass and the joint is piloted. Unsure of the thread pattern. There is a brass tip that screws over the joint pin when used as a cane and a brass ball that screws into the butt plate and secures the shaft. The cue is 19.0 oz and has carvings on the body. Any info would be helpful.

Pushout
09-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Taiwan import, they were all over the place in the early '70s, value, zip.

Scott Lee
09-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Pushout got it right. The shaft is ramin wood = junk. Use it as a cane, or a conversation piece...but as a pool cue it will play poorly.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

SC02GTP
09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys, this is also what I was thinking myself. I was just unsure because of the age. Going to be quite a let down for my friend. Only thing I told him was just because it was old, did not mean it was worth anything.

sk8ordie
09-24-2010, 03:21 PM
You can still find these on eBay for $9-$19. A friend of mine had one just like it except it was a redish wood color. His dad got it overseas in the military. It was cool back in the late 80's. Ron

P. S. You could unscrew that ball on the end and a peice of chalk would fit perfectly in there.

Cuebuddy
09-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Even if they have little value they are still cool (to a non player):cool:. I have several variations of this type of cue and a couple with ivory ferrules. If you remove the brass knob it wont be so butt heavy and you could use it;).
The brass knob has a secret compartment in it that stores the rubber bumper.

SC02GTP
09-24-2010, 04:11 PM
The more I find out about this cue, the more interesting it is. I think it would make a cool conversation piece. Almost like something James Bond might use. lol