PDA

View Full Version : Help to I.D. a cue maker

jayman
09-26-2010, 07:47 AM
I saw a cue yesterday with a signature on the forearm that was under a yellowed finish that I couldn't quite make out. It looks to be like this

" B??ka '07"

Any Ideas?

nancewayne
09-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Pics. please !
]
I saw a cue yesterday with a signature on the forearm that was under a yellowed finish that I couldn't quite make out. It looks to be like this

" B??ka '07"

Any Ideas?

jayman
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Pics. please !
]

I'll get some if i get a chance. It was for sale and may have been sold by now. It caught my eye because it was one of the best looking pieces of tiger maple I have seen. I'll see if he still has it tomorrow.

OUSooner
10-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Joe Bosca? Amarillo I think. He makes a pretty mean break cue but I've never seen any of his playing cues.

jayman
10-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Joe Bosca? Amarillo I think. He makes a pretty mean break cue but I've never seen any of his playing cues.

Thanks for the Tip! It's a "Joe Bouska" So does anyone have any info on this gentleman?

12310bch
10-17-2010, 07:35 PM
If you like the stick, it intrigues you, and the price is right ,buy it.
Otherwise spend the rest of your life thinking maybe you let a good one get away. That's my own personal philosophy( which I think everyone on the Forum is getting tired of.) :woot:

renegadej
10-17-2010, 08:25 PM
my thoughts exactly,name brand doesn't always make it better....just my 2 cents:grin:

jayman
10-19-2010, 05:51 PM
If you like the stick, it intrigues you, and the price is right ,buy it.
Otherwise spend the rest of your life thinking maybe you let a good one get away. That's my own personal philosophy( which I think everyone on the Forum is getting tired of.) :woot:

I couldn't agree more. I may yet pick it up, it has some fantastic tiger maple. but mostly I was trying to solve the mystery of who made it.

Thanks everyone!
Jayman.

OUSooner
10-19-2010, 11:36 PM
I've met him at tourneys a few times. He's a good guy and we have a mutual friend. I've got his card around here somewhere if you want to contact him. Like I said before though. Other than the one he plays with I've never seen anything of his but a break or jump cue. And both of those play really well.

12310bch
10-20-2010, 01:52 AM
use the ,"search," feature on AZB. His name pops up a few times. Some AZ'rs have his cues.

randyg
10-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the Tip! It's a "Joe Bouska" So does anyone have any info on this gentleman?

I know Joe. If you would like his phone number just pm me....randyg