midstroke
09-26-2010, 02:11 PM
coke is great!!! lol

rossaroni
09-26-2010, 02:17 PM
We are talking Coca-Cola right?:cool:

RFisher
09-26-2010, 02:19 PM
I once tried coke but the Ice cubes got stuck in my nose.

Fatboy
09-26-2010, 02:22 PM
We are talking Coca-Cola right?:cool:

maybe where your from;):p

hope you have been good buddy,

best

eric

Oldschool92'
09-26-2010, 02:36 PM
To bad they don't put coke in it still...or do they?? :joyful:

BRKNRUN
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I work for Pepsico.....I Don't think I will be switching to Coke at this time.

Remember...every time you don't drink Pepsi....you are not adding to my Pension...;)

For those that buy Pepsico products......Thanks!!!:thumbup:

JamisonNeu
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM

Remember...every time you don't drink Pepsi....you are not adding to my Pension...;)

I wish I could help you! I was a Mountain Dew guy until the day I found out Coca Cola was taking an interest in our sport. On Monday I switched today I bought my avatar.

This is the only time that advertisement has worked on me. They did what they needed to do to get my business! They became a friend to billiards, and a friend to billiards is a friend of mine!

boo
09-26-2010, 06:17 PM
great step for pool

justadub
09-26-2010, 06:24 PM

Ahhh, but we Coke-drinkers can support your pension by going to KFC or Pizza Hut, right? (Even tho they don't serve Coke there, we can drink our Coke on our own at other times, when not visiting The Colonel or The Hut.) :grin:

{I was a Coke-drinker before the announcement, but I'm happier still with each Coke now.}

atthecat
09-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Fill me in, how is Coke helping pool exactly? I drink way too much of it by the way. Dr. Pepper is the bomb though. I even love the off brands...Dr. Skipper and Dr. Bold! And they say pool's not a sport!

foxcues
09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
coke zero and sprite zero are two of the best sugar free drinks out there.Diet mt deww is great also.

Underclocked
09-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Pepsi should maybe think about sponsoring some pool events/leagues/anything pool related.

poolist
09-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Maybe now is the time for someone to put together a tour. Each team a mix of men, women, young and old, with a pro player as team captain. Coke against Pepsi. If you could get the two companies to agree, everyone would benefit. Others might be interested also.

DogsPlayingPool
09-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Fill me in, how is Coke helping pool exactly? I drink way too much of it by the way. Dr. Pepper is the bomb though. I even love the off brands...Dr. Skipper and Dr. Bold! And they say pool's not a sport!

This thread from 3 days ago should bring you up to speed. :thumbup::

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=202738

BRKNRUN
09-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Pepsi should maybe think about sponsoring some pool events/leagues/anything pool related.

I doub't that Pepsico will seek out someone in pool for sponsorship....They seemed to be farily focused on football and that small Super Bowl game that gets played.

I can't say what would happen if someone from pool like the BCA or BCAPL etc. contacted the Pepsico promotions group though.

Blue Hog ridr
09-27-2010, 02:11 AM
For those that buy Pepsico products......Thanks!!!

Bacardi and Pepsi for me. Unless I don't have a choice.

JamisonNeu
09-27-2010, 05:46 AM
Bacardi and Pepsi for me. Unless I don't have a choice.

You don't have a choice.

cleary
09-27-2010, 05:55 AM
I like your enthusiasm and I hate to be a downer, but I don't see that as a huge step in the right direction for putting money in the pockets of pool players. The deal could help room owners save a buck, but for the time being, I don't think they are actually putting money in pool.

Black-Balled
09-27-2010, 05:58 AM
Coke is a helluva drink.

RBC
09-27-2010, 06:22 AM
I like your enthusiasm and I hate to be a downer, but I don't see that as a huge step in the right direction for putting money in the pockets of pool players. The deal could help room owners save a buck, but for the time being, I don't think they are actually putting money in pool.

Cleary

Well, you are right for now.

But, what pool needs is numbers. Lets face it, pool is very fractionated with so many different people doing different things. They each create an audience in their area, but none of them are connected. What the BCA and Bankshot are doing is starting to build a group. There is power in numbers, and the pool rooms are the best place to start. If they are successful, I can see many other things coming on board. They have to find a way to reach all those pool players out there who don't know about pro pool, AZbilliards and the like. There are millions of them, but no way to reach them. If they can pull together enough of the rooms that these players play at and create a consistent theme, then they would be creating an audience for professional pool, and pro pool won't be anything without an audience.

I make my living in the pool industry and I personally am happy to hear about Bankshot.

TheBook
09-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Bought a Camelbak water bottle and quit drinking all pop as we call it, I think most call it soda. Drink only tap water. Strange as it may seem it wasn't that hard to do and I don't miss it.

BETNHI
09-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Coke Zero in our house now.

cleary
09-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Cleary

Well, you are right for now.

But, what pool needs is numbers. Lets face it, pool is very fractionated with so many different people doing different things. They each create an audience in their area, but none of them are connected. What the BCA and Bankshot are doing is starting to build a group. There is power in numbers, and the pool rooms are the best place to start. If they are successful, I can see many other things coming on board. They have to find a way to reach all those pool players out there who don't know about pro pool, AZbilliards and the like. There are millions of them, but no way to reach them. If they can pull together enough of the rooms that these players play at and create a consistent theme, then they would be creating an audience for professional pool, and pro pool won't be anything without an audience.

I make my living in the pool industry and I personally am happy to hear about Bankshot.

Ya know, its real easy look at this from a 'im a pool player, help me' stance. From a business standpoint, Coke is just trying to hit more numbers. So right now they are taking money OUT of pool players pockets. They are a business, thats what they do. They also understand that if they put money IN pool players pockets or anyones pockets for that matter, it better make them 10x more. Don't see it as possible at this time and I'm sure they would agree. Major internal changes to pool must happen to even make an idea like that worth doing.

Don't get me wrong, Im not saying anything is bad with this, but to be realistic, it shouldn't make anyone change their 'sofa of choice'. Jamison switching to Coke is a tiny drop in a huuuuuge bucket.

JamisonNeu
09-27-2010, 12:21 PM
I agree 100% Coca Cola is not here for anything, but to try and make money and sell their product to people that can buy it...If they do make money then other company's will follow them, and then eventually there will be money in to burn so to speak.

This is called the bandwagon effect, if one huge corp starts to show any kind of growth then the other alley cats start to close in on the chicken dinner. Right now we are like a puzzle the BCA has made a big contribution in putting it together, but we still have many pieces to put together. This isn't going to be overnight if they show profits it can only be a positive thing for our sport.

We have 50 million people on our shopping carts we need to point them toward coke, not because of what they are doing today, it is because they are finale looking at our sport. If we can prove to be an asset then good things are just around the corner.

This is a great opportunity for our sport...We just became a blip on the corporate radar!

JamisonNeu
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Ya know, its real easy look at this from a 'im a pool player, help me' stance. From a business standpoint, Coke is just trying to hit more numbers. So right now they are taking money OUT of pool players pockets. They are a business, thats what they do. They also understand that if they put money IN pool players pockets or anyones pockets for that matter, it better make them 10x more. Don't see it as possible at this time and I'm sure they would agree. Major internal changes to pool must happen to even make an idea like that worth doing.

Don't get me wrong, Im not saying anything is bad with this, but to be realistic, it shouldn't make anyone change their 'sofa of choice'. Jamison switching to Coke is a tiny drop in a huuuuuge bucket.

When the Great Wall of China was built, it was started with one grain of sand!

Hidy Ho
09-27-2010, 12:41 PM
i love coke

It doesn't quite taste the same as 80s .. sigh ...

PaulieB
09-27-2010, 12:49 PM
For me, coke and pool go hand in hand! :wink:

And yeah, it's nowhere near like it was in the 80s, heh. :grin:

JamisonNeu
09-27-2010, 07:57 PM
This is a great idea but only if you are buying it from a pool room that is a member of the BCA and is part of the program.

There are highly paid, very successful people to figure out where the money comes from, and how to get more of it.

They do make mistakes, but there is no mistaking a surge in profits directly after a marketing campaign. They are watching the numbers like a jeweler watches a cut on a diamond.

Pool halls need to figure out how to sign up for the program. Coca Cola needs to see how spending their money in our sport is going to make them profit.

Lets just look at it like this; how could it hurt if all the pool halls switched to Coca Cola?

MasterClass
09-28-2010, 01:27 AM
I just hope who ever is heading this collaboration has the sport's interest at hand and not screw it up. If it works well for coke, chances are pepsi is gonna want to be in it too.

Then we can expect good things to come! BTW i drink more coke then i do drink water.

Bob Callahan
09-28-2010, 01:36 AM
"Things go better with Coke!"

JamisonNeu
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
"Things go better with Coke!"

See she likes it!