PDA

View Full Version : $200 price range

Robroy
09-27-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm talking to a guy about a new cue line, the retail price is around the $200 price. I'm waiting for samples and details, what do you think...will the league players spend $200 for a cue?

Roger Long
09-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Robin,

It's been my experience that entirely new players want something that's decent quality, but they don't want to spend more than $50-$100 until they become familiar with the known brand names.

Once they do learn what some of the popular brands are out there, and when they think they are ready to upgrade, cues in the $200-$300 price range are usually no problem for them.

Roger

cut shot
09-27-2010, 04:24 PM
League Players in my area prefer Mcdermott cues. I have also seen a few Cutec's, Players, Action, Viking, & custom cues. It is hard to say what someone will buy. I guess it depends on their budget & skill level. Mcdermott cues IMO play very well as far as playability.

RThomas82
09-27-2010, 04:51 PM
ive seen everything from walmart titanium cues lol to customs , majority of the league players in my area play with a cheap cue . i would have to agree to both post , but i know the people in my area are very cheap. lol

greyghost
09-27-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm talking to a guy about a new cue line, the retail price is around the $200 price. I'm waiting for samples and details, what do you think...will the league players spend $200 for a cue?

Robin there is no reason that players would not buy a $200 cue if its a decent hitter and doesn't fall apart.....

so yes so long as its a good cue then YES its a good price.

trustyrusty
09-27-2010, 06:17 PM
just throwing my opinion out there - for 200 bones you can get a pretty plain but nice quality cue made in the USA, or you can get a Lucasi (or Poison, or Fury, or McD's Star line, or Nick Varner, or ..... etc. etc. etc.) that's a bit more dressed up but imported. Not sure there's a lot of room for yet another 200 price point cue, but I wish the best of luck to ya. Heck, it seems that I see more and more Dale Perry cues nowadays since he went to eBay....so, maybe you can make your own way in that price range the way he did.