PDA

View Full Version : UPS Ripped Off My Cue

cut shot
09-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Thank the Lord it was under a 100 bucks! It just disapered after the out for delivery notice. I hope they find the CAD & fire him on the spot! UPS takes its sweet old time to investigate as well. Its been 6 days & nothing yet!!

cheapcues.com
09-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Standard stuff- automatically insured for $100 so the shipper will be reimbursed their cost, and of course they should reship or make you whole in some way.

bobroberts
09-28-2010, 02:04 PM
I doubt one of the guys would steal a $100 cue. not worth their job. Probably just misplaced. Maybe even stolen out of the truck but not by 1 of the drivers.

cueandcushion
09-28-2010, 02:07 PM
6 days is not a long time with a claim. I have had claims last up to 2 months. :frown:

cut shot
09-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I doubt one of the guys would steal a $100 cue. not worth their job. Probably just misplaced. Maybe even stolen out of the truck but not by 1 of the drivers.

Hi Bob..! First off UPS did not know the cues worth. The shipping lable states Mcdermott Cue & not the price. It was a Lucky Cue & not one of their 400.00 cues thank the lord! I really hope they catch & Fire that Sucker! It probebly won't happen but, I hope they get him!

ratnip
09-28-2010, 02:20 PM
bobroberts

Tap, tap, tap. Employees work for years to earn a position of driver with some of the best beneifts out there.

Good luck getting refunded.

Jay P.

cut shot
09-28-2010, 02:26 PM
6 days is not a long time with a claim. I have had claims last up to 2 months. :frown:

Hey Cue & Cushion! I have bought about 6 cues from you guys! Your Pool Hall is A-1 in my book!!! Does Kenny still work there? If so, say Frank said Hi.

just kick'n
09-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I know a guy who had one stolen from UPS. The box was cut on one end and the cue was missing. This is the one time he said he did not insure the package. Lucky for him he only had $200 in the cue.

skip
09-28-2010, 03:35 PM
I was a ups driver for 28 years. Believe me no one at ups would steal you cue. :nono:

rackem
09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
I am thinking wrong address.
Possibly by the shipper.
Possibly by the driver.
Did you check to see if it is available for pickup?

cheapcues.com
09-28-2010, 03:53 PM
How many packages shipped a day? Millions? Billions? Stuff's gonna fall through the cracks. Chillax for a few days, it will work itself out.

chuckpilegis
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM
I bought a OB-classic shaft last month.
Priority Mail,Insured with Delivery Confirmation.
I was home and it never got there. Sender couldnt even claim the insurance because it was delivered. Took a few days and some phone-calls, stops at the post office to find out it was delivered a few houses down the street. Got the package and it had my address on it.

So Delivery confirmation only guarantees delivery....anyplace?

cyrex
09-28-2010, 05:24 PM
I shipped a case literally 50 miles away and it came up missing for almost 2 weeks. I filed a claim and then they found it. Hang in there!

Mike in MN
09-28-2010, 09:49 PM
How many packages shipped a day? Millions? Billions? Stuff's gonna fall through the cracks. Chillax for a few days, it will work itself out.

That's the thing. At work (not for UPS, but another shipper :grin:) we ship something like 2.4 million express packages per day. Per day! Things like this do happen, unfortunately.

I can guarantee that if the driver was the last person known to have the cue (as you mentioned, it was "out for delivery") then he absolutely did not take it. It would be traced back to him immediately.

cut shot
09-29-2010, 01:29 AM
UPS called me yesterday evening. They asked Q's if a neighbor might have got it. I was home that day of supposed delivery & my nearest neighbor is 1/8 th a mile away. They have the Tracking info all the way including " out for delivery ". The only thing that might have happened was the shipper might have had the wrong address on it. UPS should be able to track to see where it was delivered though.

pulzcul
09-29-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm sure once he realizes what a crappy cue it is he will give it back!!:)

Georgia Boy
09-29-2010, 07:43 AM
This is a cautionery tale for everyone here, never skimp on the insurance just in case it never gets to you. My wife works for UPS and I can tell you that IMO no driver would ever steal something from their truck, they are paid too well. Packages do get misdelivered or even stolen from where they are left. That doesn't mean there aren't the odd bad apple everywhere though. For instance last November/Decemeber lots of Jewelry was going missing when shipped by UPS, they eventually caught a guy at the local UPS Hub who had been doing it. Apparently the sap broke down and cried like a baby when he was caught with a pocketful of jewelry and a locker full too.

If only Georgia had the Death Penalty, ok thats a bit severe, but how about lashes with 'The Cat O' Nine Tails' for stealing jewelry. Can you guess that a couple of pieces were Christmas presents for my Wife?

Rick S.
09-29-2010, 08:37 AM
People have been known to follow UPS-FedEx delivery trucks.

Where else are you going to find thousands of dollars worth of stuff just sitting on a porch unattended? While the owner is working....:grin:

It's amazing what gets left there....if you really think about it. I have had several thousands of dollars in camera gear 'left at the door'.

It's surprising more of it don't 'grow legs'.

Georgia Boy
09-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Forgot to mention in my earlier post, that we now (both) have everything delivered to our work addresses to avoid having packages left at home when nobody is there.

alstl
09-29-2010, 01:44 PM
You used UPS? Good luck, you will need it.

cut shot
09-29-2010, 02:24 PM
It was signature required. They have put a claim on it. I think it was shipped to the wrong address or it was dog napped by a worker & not the driver. How it could show up as " out for delivery " is a mystery to me.

cheapcues.com
09-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Just means the last time they scanned it was when they were loading up the truck.

all packages are insured for $100 with UPS. I've done many claims with them and have yet to have one denied. I know it sucks, you wanted your cue, but you will be reimbursed or re-shipped soon I am sure.