PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Cup Teams Announced

koreandragon
04-20-2003, 11:46 PM
Official teams have been announced for the 2003 Software Techniques Patriot Cup which will take place on June 13th - 15th at Planet 9-Ball in Tampa, Florida.

The North team, which will be sponsored by Fury Cues, will consist of
Corey Deuel
Mika Immonen
Rodney Morris
Allen Hopkins
Tony Robles

The South Team, sponsored by Lucasi Cues, will consist of
Buddy Hall
Johnny Archer
Nick Varner
Charlie Williams
Tommy Kennedy

The teams will be competing in several disciplines including 9-ball, 8-ball, bank pool, one pocket, break contest, straight pool, 10-ball,scotch doubles 2-on-2, & a special 5-on-5 scotch doubles match up!

Gabriels is the Official Table of the 2003 Patriot Cup and Gorina is the Official Cloth. AzBilliards.com has been chosen as the official website of the tournament and we will have complete coverage as the event draws closer.

For a view of the full page color ad, goto http://playapa.com/pc23.jpg

For ticket info call 813-891-1450 or e-mail at patriotcup@yahoo.com

jjinfla
04-21-2003, 10:51 AM
That sure is an impressive list of players you have assembled. Just to be able to watch Allen shoot so I can learn the proper way to stroke a ball would be worth the price of admission. LOL. I'm sure you will sell out fast. How much are the tickets? You going to get mad at me again if I ask them to sign a cue ball for me? Jake

!Smorgass Bored
04-21-2003, 04:45 PM
Jake, don't sweat it. I'll be there for the whole event and I'll be happy to sign anyone's name that you want. Hell, I'll sign Mosconi, The Deacon, Fat's, Jimmy Moore, U.J. Puckett, Greenleaf and even Buddy Hall. "I see Dead People"... imo (and, all for the price of a Beer) (Buurp ! Excuuuuse ME)

jjinfla
04-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Okay Smorg, you're on. Only I have to watch you sign them because I have to watch the autographs being signed. Otherwise, how else would I know they are real? I just got off the phone with Planet and they haven't received the details for the seats. Only thing they know so far is that VIP seats for the three days is $85.00. Seating basically will be the same as last year. I want two seats, but only for sat & sun and they have no idea what VIP or bleacher seats might go for per day. Jake

!Smorgass Bored
04-21-2003, 06:28 PM
$85 ? EIGHTY-FIVE DOLLARS ? Oy-Vey !
Last year, the V.I.P. seating was $20 a day ($60) and limited to 80 seats. Bleacher seating was available for $10 a day.How in the hell did 'they' arrive at $85 ? Three doesn't even go into $85... imo (I may have to make a loan or even GET A JOB in order to attend this massacre) I guess next year will be $115.37. Last year, I inticed a number of my internet friends to attend. Murray Tucker III pre-paid for all three days and then couldn't even make it for one day. With luck,I might get him to pay for all three days again and then I'll just sit in his empty seat. I hope Charlie or roomowner Ken Miller isn't reading this. Btw, I can't sign any cueballs this year. It seems that I've had my Scripto Autograph pen privileges suspended until further notice.(but I 'may' hold some seances, where we may receive some messages from 'the other side')...

Ted Harris
04-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Charlie,
Looks like you guys have assembled quite a selection of players. You are going to love the Gabriels tables. Is it the Vector? Last week, I put my first Gabriels Vector together. WOW! What a table! Weighs about 2000 lbs, requires no shims, and uses span bridge technology to keep the table from sagging in the middle. The slates are shimmed with adjustable bolts if needed. From the time we got the slate on the frame, it only took about 20 minutes to bolt it down, level it, and shim it. The table also has nothing screwed into wood. All machine screws and nuts and bolts. Not to mention 1.2" slate and a 5/16 I-beam steel frame, and wood rails are impregnated and laminated. Also can be leveled by one person. Beautiful table! I don't think I will ever own anything else. Best engineered table by a mile! No contest!
Good luck with the tournament!
You guys are going to love playing on it. Are the pockets going to be 4.5 or 5"?

jjinfla
04-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Last year I was there Saturday and had a VIP seat for $20 and it was not sold out but I hear Sunday was sold out. I'm 100 miles from Tampa and didn't feel like making the drive both days. I'll have to wait and see what numbers Charlie comes up with for the seats. The funny part about the seating is that the people in the cheap seats were closer to the players than the people in the VIP seats. But I doubt that there was a bad seat in the house. I think they had a Gabriel table set up last year too. But not positive. But it sure was fast. When they first started playing they were having all kinds of trouble getting position. The ball would just keep rolling. Jake

!Smorgass Bored
04-22-2003, 10:14 AM
Last year they had/used a new Diamond 'smart table' and it was like playing on ICE. I sat ringside in the V.I.P. seats and could lean over and touch the players if I'd wanted (but, who wants to touch a poolplayer ? eeyuucchhhh !)
All the seats were great and I expect great seating again this year. The entire event was filmed last year by Jorge Torres of www.trickshooter.com , but now his site is offline and his phone is disconnected (he's in the wind). Does anyone have any contact information for Jorge ? He had also made a two hour film movie/documentary about pool that he hoped to release. I wonder what happened to THAT ?

jjinfla
04-22-2003, 12:51 PM
Hey Smorgass, Since you live in Tampa and probably spend a lot of time at Planet, and are on a first name basis with the owner, what can you do about getting me a discount on a couple of tickets? I'd crawl under the tarp but I hear Ken is going to use his chair to run over anybody he sees doing that. Where were you sitting last year? Did you hear anymore about ticket prices?

!Smorgass Bored
04-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Get you a discount ? Get YOU a discount ? Man, I'm tryin to get ME a discount. You 'might' be able to get a 10% discount from Charlie Williams, IF you donate a cue to be raffled off, or sumpthin.... (I'm lookin for a knothole in the fence)

AzHousePro
04-22-2003, 07:27 PM
Smorg, I have tried to reach Jorge myself. Let me know if you are able to find him.

Mike

koreandragon
04-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Software Techniques Patriot Cup Ticket Prices are:

VIP Seats(about 75 available)

$85 5 Sessions(includes Charity event)
$37 One Day Ticket (2 Sessions)
$20 One Session

General Admission will be $10 per session

Please call Planet 9-Ball in Tampa, FL at 813-891-1450

jjinfla
04-23-2003, 12:09 PM
What are the times for the sessions. Which sessions will Deuel, Hopkins and Morris play in? Jake

jjinfla
04-23-2003, 02:35 PM
Hey Smorgassboard I tried using your name with Ken to get a discount and he almost hung up on me. I could hear him laughing all the way here. In fact now that I think about it he did hang up on me. I had to re-dial him. But I got two choice seats for saturday. Two five hour sessions. Now I have to find someone to baby sit my dog. That will cost more than the tickets. But it will probably be my only opportunity to see Deuel and Hopkins and Morris. It should be a lot of fun and very entertaining too. The action starts at noon. Jake