PDA

View Full Version : any of the chicks still standing?

poolplayer2093
10-21-2010, 06:34 AM
in that big tournament in virginia?

billbOK
10-21-2010, 06:36 AM

From what I know, Gerda is still there :wink:

She will play Adam Smith next.

nelldrake
10-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Could we please refer to them as ladies?:rolleyes:

T-dog
10-21-2010, 09:43 AM

I prefer hoochie momma's

GetMeThere
10-21-2010, 09:46 AM

You're apparently unaware that many feminists consider the term "lady" to be disparaging or sexist.

EDIT: For information purposes, the politically "unloaded" terms for adults by gender are: "men" and "women"

TimKrazyMon
10-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Gerda lost 11-9 to Adam Smith, all female participants have been eliminated. Hopefully, there will be no conflicting event next year & we can see more of the top-tier women put a good scare into the fellas.

UrackmIcrackm
10-21-2010, 09:54 AM
You're apparently unaware that many feminists consider the term "lady" to be disparaging or sexist.

EDIT: For information purposes, the politically "unloaded" terms for adults by gender are: "men" and "women"

All of you are too new to be aware that the person that started this thread is of little class and is very prone to being uncouth on a regular basis. Sometimes it is simply to get a rise out of people (like this thread) and other times it is sheer ignorance.

Either way "lady" and "woman" are acceptable usage for mature adults, "chicks" is not.

MahnaMahna
10-21-2010, 10:45 AM
All of you are too new to be aware that the person that started this thread is of little class and is very prone to being uncouth on a regular basis. Sometimes it is simply to get a rise out of people (like this thread) and other times it is sheer ignorance.

Either way "lady" and "woman" are acceptable usage for mature adults, "chicks" is not.

He can't spell of use capital letters either. Careful though, he may put you in his signature and then you are really in trouble....

Celtic
10-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Gerda lost 11-9 to Adam Smith, all female participants have been eliminated. Hopefully, there will be no conflicting event next year & we can see more of the top-tier women put a good scare into the fellas.

Don't count on it. The WPBA will make sure to make one of their very few tournaments for the entire year conflict with the US-Open so that the top tier women are not not able to go, because the WPBA themselves are scared of the women playing in the event and making a clear distinction between the level of the men and the women in this sport.

The WPBA does not want the top women to compete in the US Open and I would be willing to bet even money that they put another event on to attempt to keep them from playing it next year.

Melissa Herndon
10-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Don't count on it. The WPBA will make sure to make one of their very few tournaments for the entire year conflict with the US-Open so that the top tier women are not not able to go, because the WPBA themselves are scared of the women playing in the event and making a clear distinction between the level of the men and the women in this sport.

The WPBA does not want the top women to compete in the US Open and I would be willing to bet even money that they put another event on to attempt to keep them from playing it next year.

Wow...hating on the WPBA much?

I will take that bet. (And I'm not on the Board anymore...so I have no control over booking events for the WPBA)

Melissa

Melissa Herndon
10-21-2010, 11:10 AM

John Schmidt, Roberto Gomez, Ronnie Wiseman, Santos Sambajon, George San Souci, Edwin Montal, Scott Frost and Shaun Wilkie....among others.

So let's not infer that the ladies were eliminated simply because they are ladies. Lots of great players have been sent home! :wink:

Melissa

TimKrazyMon
10-21-2010, 11:18 AM

I will take that bet. (And I'm not on the Board anymore...so I have no control over booking events for the WPBA)

Melissa

I would wager that, if there is a conflicting event, that it would be the WPA's fault as opposed to the WPBA. The problem this year, I believe, arose from the fact Barry made the change allowing women after the WPA already set their calendar of events.

Celtic
10-21-2010, 11:22 AM

Yeah, I am not a huge WPBA (the organization) fan. I am a fan of alot of the players but over the years the organzation itself has done alot of things that I dont think were for the betterment of the sport and more powertripping moves by people with their self interest as the principle motivator.

The female players and this sport as a whole deserve better.

poolplayer2093
10-22-2010, 06:14 AM

yo i just wanted to see if any of the chicks were still fighting the good fight. you can keep your pc terms i don't like using 'em.

it's you that's of little class!lol. overly judgmental forum nut huggers like yourself are what make this forum almost too nitty to stand.

poolplayer2093
10-22-2010, 06:15 AM
He can't spell of use capital letters either. Careful though, he may put you in his signature and then you are really in trouble....

says the internet tough guy. unlike you i don't hide behind a computer. what ever i say on here i'd say face to face. you want to talk all that tough guy talk in person come on down. eddies classic billiards in stockton. ask anyone behind the counter to call me and i'll come down and meet you. or you can just keep doing the "you don't know who i am so i can say what i want" bs all you want.

either way, we live close enough. one of these days i'll figure out who you are and we'll figure this out in person.

poolplayer2093
10-22-2010, 06:18 AM
John Schmidt, Roberto Gomez, Ronnie Wiseman, Santos Sambajon, George San Souci, Edwin Montal, Scott Frost and Shaun Wilkie....among others.

So let's not infer that the ladies were eliminated simply because they are ladies. Lots of great players have been sent home! :wink:

Melissa

i hope you didn't get that from my post. i was just curious to see how many of them were left. this being the first year women have been allowed to compete in this tournament i figured someone would be keeping track