PDA

View Full Version : Scrimshawing Delight

Piercyexclusive
10-23-2010, 09:18 AM
So I was sitting around the hospital doing my weekly dialysis and I started to think about scrimshawing and was wondering,

Are there allot of people who scimshaw on cues...

I am not talking about computers doing the work, I am talking about an actual person doing the work? you know by hand with a needle and such.

now Ive done some in the past but would like to know if anyone knows a cuemaker that actually does it by hand and doesn't pass the work to anyone else?

Also if the cuemaker does the scrimshawing does it affect the price for the better vs if it was sourced out to someone. what's your feeling on this?

what's your favorite style of scrimshawing (technique)?

I know I've seen cues that were scrimshawed on but were mainly out sourced to another individual to do the work. so that's not what I am talking about. Im talking about the cuemaker themselves doing the work without the aid of machines.

if you have, could you put pictures on here of some?
I would love to see some hand made scrimshaws from cuemakers themselves. I love scrimshawing and would like to see some from the masters of cuemaking. remember just pics of those who do it by hand.

TX Poolnut
10-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Reminded me of this thread from last year:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=165870

Dennis Hatch's cue done by Mike G.

Piercyexclusive
10-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Reminded me of this thread from last year:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=165870

Dennis Hatch's cue done by Mike G.

looks like cnc work though, or some type of machine.

Worminator
10-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Bill Schick has always done his own Scrimshaw work. I think it really set him apart form other cuemakers early on. These days, with guys like Bob Hergert doing absolutely amazing work, I don't think it hurts the cue when he is doing the work as apposed to the cuemaker.

To my knowledge, scrimshaw is never done by a machine. The work done by CNC or Pantogragh is referred to as engraving. Bill Schick does both scrimshaw and engraving in his cues. Ron Haley does some incredible engraving work.

Bill Schick scrimshaw:
http://www.indyq.com/custom/schick/Handle-002.jpg

Bob Hergert micro scrimshaw in the Andy Gilbert cue "Lord of the Rings":
http://www.recollectioncues.com/images/285_Nitti_s,_Judds,_LOTR_Cues,_Doll_Groupings_for_ Sale_140.jpghttp://www.recollectioncues.com/images/285_Nitti_s,_Judds,_LOTR_Cues,_Doll_Groupings_for_ Sale_142.jpg

Ron Haley engraving:
http://www.jimboarmy.com/phpbb3/download/file.php?id=992

Piercyexclusive
10-23-2010, 09:53 AM
....everyday I will scrimshaw on a piece of ivory or something until the whole thing is completely covered with scrimshawing... I just love scrimshawing. I will also post them up..
I do everything with just a sharp pointed object...
I will post the tools I use and what I drew.

I would love for people to post scrimshawing pics of cues, remember no machine work just hand done.
I'll start today.

Piercyexclusive
10-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Bill Schick has always done his own Scrimshaw work. I think it really set him apart form other cuemakers early on. These days, with guys like Bob Hergert doing absolutely amazing work, I don't think it hurts the cue when he is doing the work as apposed to the cuemaker.

To my knowledge, scrimshaw is never done by a machine. The work done by CNC or Pantogragh is referred to as engraving. Bill Schick does both scrimshaw and engraving in his cues. Ron Haley does some incredible engraving work.

Bill Schick scrimshaw:

http://www.recollectioncues.com/images/285_Nitti_s,_Judds,_LOTR_Cues,_Doll_Groupings_for_ Sale_140.jpghttp://www.recollectioncues.com/images/285_Nitti_s,_Judds,_LOTR_Cues,_Doll_Groupings_for_ Sale_142.jpg

Ron Haley engraving:

there is a machine that does help with stipple work....some are not done completely by hand now a days.

here are a few links to some tools used to scrimshaw...

http://www.paleotools.com/which_airscribe.html
http://www.chippingaway.com/WoodCarving/PowerCarvingTools/TurboCarverSystem.htm

Also engraving tools can be used for scrimshawing

Piercyexclusive
10-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Also if you want to send something for me to do for this thread post the picture and see if I can do it. and I will post the final result..

this is all for fun for me thats it.

Piercyexclusive
10-23-2010, 10:49 AM
here are my tools and stock ....

I'm not going to go really elaborate on my scrimshawing for those who turn in pics for me ...
this is cause I want to get one done a day for fun and so that I have something to do while
in the hospital on my day to day visits now.

I will however get the overall look and when I have more time elaborate on it some more later down the road.

thanks for the future pics of cues and for pics for me to do for me to kill time in the hospital.

justadub
10-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Wow, those are some beautiful cues.

As usual, you've got some interesting stuff going on there Marshall. looking forward to seeing your photos, and everyone else's, too.

Piercyexclusive
10-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Wow, those are some beautiful cues.

As usual, you've got some interesting stuff going on there Marshall. looking forward to seeing your photos, and everyone else's, too.

you should turn a pic in for me to do.... or try to do

email pics if you want to do that to
mjapcues@gmail.com

Piercyexclusive
10-23-2010, 07:33 PM
here's a simple one of a wolf...
I did this...for day one

this is scrimshaw work nothing else.

JB Cases
10-23-2010, 08:19 PM

Bill Schick scrimshaw:

Ron Haley engraving:

The picture of the Schick cue was taken from Roy Malott's website. www.indyq.com

If you want to see the rest of this incredible cue which I was fortunate enough to do in person go to Roy's website. It's an amazing masterpiece.

Scrimshaw is engraving. It's done by using a needle to scratch the material in order to remove a small amount and then the material is colored so that the color remains in the scratches.

Sandra Brady is the goddess of scrimshaw on cues but there are several others who are as good or better.

Last year at the ICCS cue maker's round table they had a lively discussion about whether a cue should be given higher regard when the most dominating feature on it is scrimshaw work done by someone other than the cue maker.

The Birds of Prey cue shown here was a topic as Bill Schick, the cuemaker, did all of the scrimshaw himself. The question was raised as to whether such a cue solely done by one person should have a higher status than a collaboration.

I think that there is nothing wrong with collaborations as long as they are labeled as such. That way someone might be a fan of Sandra Brady's art or Hegert's but not particularly of any given cuemaker so they they decide to collect cues which Sandra worked on.

Jim Stadum from Samsara was particularly disdainful of cue makers who send out their cues to be engraved elsewhere. Personally I think it's just part of the new world of communication and collaboration. The only people who should really care are the cue maker who should give credit to the artist and the collector who should be informed of the collaboration so he can factor that into his buying decision.

I think that there is a certain "pride" and accomplishment factor that is felt by makers like Bill Schick that just can't be had by makers who send their work out.

I know for me I can feel a little personal pride in the cases we do which are heavily tooled because I was the art director of sorts but I can never feel as personally proud as I would if I did all the tooling. I look at the finished case and feel tremendous pride and gratitude towards my tooler but I know in my heart that if it weren't for him then the case wouldn't be as "special". So I provide the canvas and he provides the art. It's a team effort and the results are great.

So at the end of the day what will stand out? Will future historians and Antique Roadshow appraisers give more weight to items fully crafted by one person or will they judge each piece on it's merits as a standalone item.

Stradivarius had a workshop with many workers and apprentices who actually built the violins. Many of the world's great artists have created their works through the use of assistants and apprentices throughout history.

So for me it's something where I look the piece itself without regard as to how it came into being and judge it solely on it's merits as to whether it moves me or not. I think on some level if a cue maker puts out a cue where everyone goes nuts over someone else art on it then there has to be twinge of regret somewhere deep down that the cue is secondary to the decoration on it.

But I don't think of that when I look at the cue. I just judge it on it's merits.

And some scrimshawed cues I have seen are just plain stupid. Sorry but they are filled up with imagery that barely ties together. And some like most of what Paul Mottey has done is so artfully arranged that I can sit there with the cue for hours reveling in it.

That's my 4cts

JB Cases
10-23-2010, 08:31 PM
It's true that there are machines which duplicate scrimshaw. The very best laser engraving machines are capable of doing any image so that it's indistinguishable from hand drawn. Of course the image used had to be hand drawn by someone.

The brand of cues which came out a few years ago had designs on them that appeared to be hand-done scrimshaw. If you look at knives you can often find knives with machine-engraved designs that are indistinguishable from hand-scrimmed ones to all but the most expert eye.

8up
10-23-2010, 08:54 PM
It must take great skill to do it. I like the wolf you do good work.

JimS
10-24-2010, 03:02 AM
If I were a collector I'd pay more for a cue with artwork done by the cue maker than I would pay for a cue sent out for the art work.

I don't look down on the practice of sending the cue out... I just admire and value more (it is a value judgement) the cue maker who also has the artistic skill to do the artwork in addition to the artisans skills necessary to build a monster cue.

Piercyexclusive
10-24-2010, 03:29 AM
It's true that there are machines which duplicate scrimshaw. The very best laser engraving machines are capable of doing any image so that it's indistinguishable from hand drawn. Of course the image used had to be hand drawn by someone.

The brand of cues which came out a few years ago had designs on them that appeared to be hand-done scrimshaw. If you look at knives you can often find knives with machine-engraved designs that are indistinguishable from hand-scrimmed ones to all but the most expert eye.

I love what i do and I love drawing on paper but scrimshawing is difinately a different feel and experience, but none the less love it to.

A few years back I had a guy commission me to design a cue to be built for him to take to another cue maker who would do it for cheaper and It took about 2 weeks to do it and in the end when I was done, I asked him if I could give him his money back instead of the drawing. I loved the design so much I just had to build it.

I did Eventually give in to his price and sold him the cue.

It's like I cann't bring myself to have someone else build any of my designs I don't know why but I just can not. I tried to but it never left my hands nor did it leave my computer.

It's the same way I feel about scrimshawing on a cue. I jut bring myself to have someone else draw on it. I may not be the best but I will try me best.

Piercyexclusive
10-24-2010, 03:53 AM
I was kinda up late do I done some more scrimshawing on the stock and heres one that was emailed to me it was just the face of a mandga cartoon of Naratu changing from human to beast....he wanted me to catch the impression....I hope I did that.

will work on more tommorow...

Chrippa
10-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Hi,

you can look at www.queperfect.biz , he has a lot of scrimshawed cues. Had the "roses" cue and it was great work.

Cheers
Chrippa

Chrippa
10-24-2010, 06:04 AM
A link to ithttp://www.queperfect.biz/EW0565Roses.htm you can see more of his work at the left toolbar.

cheers
Chrippa

Piercyexclusive
10-24-2010, 08:38 AM
A link to ithttp://www.queperfect.biz/EW0565Roses.htm you can see more of his work at the left toolbar.

cheers
Chrippa

He got nice cues. I think he contracts his out for the work almost positive.

Tony Zinzola
10-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Marshal, why do you have to try to knock down other cue makers with nearly every thread you start? You pretty much accused Bill Schick of using a machine to do the Scrimshaw on his cues and you accuse the other guy (I don't know who he is) of contracting out his work.

If you want to show off your Scrimshaw, why don't you just start a thread called "Look at some Scrimshaw I've been working on" instead of taking shots at others?

Piercyexclusive
10-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Marshal, why do you have to try to knock down other cue makers with nearly every thread you start? You pretty much accused Bill Schick of using a machine to do the Scrimshaw on his cues and you accuse the other guy (I don't know who he is) of contracting out his work.

If you want to show off your Scrimshaw, why don't you just start a thread called "Look at some Scrimshaw I've been working on" instead of taking shots at others?

Tony,

As far as I know I did not I repeat NOT knock Bill Schick down I was commenting on this particular quote from Worminator.......

To my knowledge, scrimshaw is never done by a machine. The work done by CNC or Pantogragh is referred to as engraving. Bill Schick does both scrimshaw and engraving in his cues. Ron Haley does some incredible engraving work. ......

know you can read it again. it's on page one to make sure that I copied and pasted correctly.

As a matter of fact, i believe stating a fact such as , it was done by a machine and or i think it was contracted out, is not knocking someone down. I mean the thread was to show cues that cuemakers themselves did. Is this not true?
And another thing people are posting or putting a link to cues that are contracted out to someone or a machine did the work.I commented on it cause I wanted to see cues that were scrimshawed by thier makers.

So my question is, why are you knocking me down when clearly you are misinterpreting the thread?

Here's some copy and pasted direct qoutes from me that you can take to the bank that shows the intention of the thread....

I know I've seen cues that were scrimshawed on but were mainly out sourced to another individual to do the work. so that's not what I am talking about. Im talking about the cuemaker themselves doing the work without the aid of machines.
Located page 1

page 1

page 1

Also if the cuemaker does the scrimshawing does it affect the price for the better vs if it was sourced out to someone. what's your feeling on this?
Located also on page 1

I know I never said it was a bad thing to out source this work...
I never said I think it was bad that people collaborated on a cue...
word for word on everything I said, I never knocked anyone one down...
I wanted to see cues done by the cuemakers themselves with out aid of machines... where did I knock someone down? please copy and paste and state the source where I did.
If your ration of thinking is that by me stating the facts is knocking someone down then so be it, but as far as I am concerned the comments I stated coincide with the topic of the thread.

Hand done without aid of machines , only needles and other materials that scratch.
No collaborations.
No Machines.

Then I wanted to show my Scrimshawing.

You know Tony you are an interesting individual..... I know you would never like me or my ideas I have. but it's ok... because every time we do this dance where you come in and stir my up with your very words I some how find myself wanting to meet you and see how long we could stand to be in the same room.

And believe this or not I would actually like to visit you and see if we could actually stand each other. Then if we did I wouldn't even mind arguing every second we spend talking. You know why because I respect the fact you question my actions, methods, and believes when it comes to cue Smithing.

But I do hope there will come a time where you might respect me for my train of thought especially when I can quote myself time and time again and prove that you are wrong about me and what you understand my words to be.
But you know the saying respect has to be earned right.
I know I am hated by allot ... But if people can learn from a new perspective, a new idea, and a new way of thinking....
I believe they could be better at what they want to do.

I do not believe I am walking the same path as you...
you do lots of traditional stuff Tony,
I don't
I walk the path of the less traveled road.
I might get lost and stumble but at least I traveled it and I know the way back to the other.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

This is my way......
You are not my competition......
nor am I yours...
you walk one way I walk the other......

Id like to talk to you one day if your up for a conversation?
you can PM me with a number to call and time.
My numbers there on my avatar in case you want to call...

Tony Zinzola
10-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Marshal -

You asked for examples of work done by the cue maker. Jamie posted some excellent examples and your only response was "there is a machine that does help with stipple work....some are not done completely by hand now a days."

That statement would cause pretty much anybody reading the thread to think that you don't believe he did it by hand. Had you not quoted Jamie's post in your response, that may not have been the case.

I have never said I don't like you Marshal. I've tried to help you. You start a lot of threads acting like you know all the answers. When asked for pictures, you fail to produce. You have started a lot of threads lately about an "idea" you have that you will make in the next few weeks. Instead of talking about it, just do it. I keep telling you to not worry so much about what others are doing or saying. Make your cues, post your pictures and let them do the talking.

I don't consider you my competition. I don't consider anybody my competition. If somebody wants to buy a cue from me, they will call me. If they want to buy a cue from somebody else, they will call them. I honestly don't care who they order a cue from. If a customer calls me or emails me about a cue, I respond once. If I don't hear from them again, that's the end of it. I have never once chased after a customer and tried to convince them as to why they should buy a cue from me.

Piercyexclusive
10-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Marshal -

You asked for examples of work done by the cue maker. Jamie posted some excellent examples and your only response was "there is a machine that does help with stipple work....some are not done completely by hand now a days."

That statement would cause pretty much anybody reading the thread to think that you don't believe he did it by hand. Had you not quoted Jamie's post in your response, that may not have been the case.

I have never said I don't like you Marshal. I've tried to help you. You start a lot of threads acting like you know all the answers. When asked for pictures, you fail to produce. You have started a lot of threads lately about an "idea" you have that you will make in the next few weeks. Instead of talking about it, just do it. I keep telling you to not worry so much about what others are doing or saying. Make your cues, post your pictures and let them do the talking.

I don't consider you my competition. I don't consider anybody my competition. If somebody wants to buy a cue from me, they will call me. If they want to buy a cue from somebody else, they will call them. I honestly don't care who they order a cue from. If a customer calls me or emails me about a cue, I respond once. If I don't hear from them again, that's the end of it. I have never once chased after a customer and tried to convince them as to why they should buy a cue from me.

I failed to produce once....
I got sick and i am still sick....
Matter of fact Ive been posting in the hospital ...when Im not posting Im at home for a little and trying to spend time with my family..
BUT once I didnt produce the pics.....
unless there are other times where I should have?
But I doubt it....
if there is and you can show me where I stated I would then I'll correct the problem and post.... The JPS cant be shown cause I can't paint them yet.

Here are the links to all my threads and claims and ideas that I started...
with the exception of the JP thread here...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=198397
I would say I never claimed to show anything that I didn't...

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=205741
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=205736
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=205733
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=205743
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=205749
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=195060
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=198897
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=198913
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=198450
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=197298
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=197299
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=195028
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=195987
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=195027
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=191792
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=194355
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=191128

you see when you say this..

You start a lot of threads acting like you know all the answers. When asked for pictures, you fail to produce. You have started a lot of threads lately about an "idea" you have that you will make in the next few weeks. Instead of talking about it, just do it.

I kinda take it as
1. i have a different idea, you bash cuase you think I Im trying to knock people down. when in fact I am not. I was asking what the thoughts are on a idea I had and I think I can do it....

You start a lot of threads acting like you know all the answers

2. I got sick, still sick if you want to hold me against it .....then what can I do when I am still recovering....Kill myself. so that way I can produce a picture. This would be pertaining to the JP thread....

When asked for pictures, you fail to produce.

3. I cann't do things in the next few weeks when I get better? God willing.
And what's wrong talking about an "idea" do you find my ideas hurtful... ?
or am I thinkng to much for your taste?

You have started a lot of threads lately about an "idea" you have that you will make in the next few weeks.

4. I cann't do it If I'm still sick. and whats wrong talking about it?
who is it hurting? really who? I have an idea and since I cann't work on it why cann't I talk about to see if someone has input to maybe improve on my idea and or make me see the light of day that the idea is stupid.
why is it bothering you that I talk about my ideas?

Instead of talking about it, just do it.

anyways... I couldn't produce once and I still can't. however, I assure you, those who were interested and were understanding, have!

It seems like to me, you consider me as someone with the most vile and detestable manure, that man could imagine, oozing out of every orifice of my body.
(Wow I'm going to have to qoute that one one day....
that's a harsh thing to say, when my intent was to say ,
you think I am full of $h!t.....) you got to admit that's pretty funny.

Look, the way I see you will probably not understand me ...
I speak to many languages and my English not so good..
maybe I don't understand how to take written words, whether or not they have any type of emotion, such as sarcasm and or if someone is joking around. So maybe the faults all mine. Because I'm a stupid half breed who can't master the dynamics of a language that's considered to be the easiest on earth to learn.
Now, I don't know if i was conveying a little sarcasm there....or a little of sarcasm and kinda joking around.
But I was saying that with a question mark hanging over my head while scratching it. no sarcasm there. So I hope you don't take it the wrong way.

.......I gotta stop.... serious this is not good for me.
I will take your advise into consideration....
About just saying look at my work that I done.

I've been making cues way to long, that I let me emotions get so F-upped like my cues are made to look sometimes. I guess the cues i make are taking over my thought process. Been making cues since High School I think as a junior....didn't start selling till 2000. WOW a long butt time... I can't say a$$.

anyways take it easy maybe I can get some medicine to calm me down....Lord knows I need to.

it's to L's by the way...
Marshall Piercy.

No hard feelings?

Tony Zinzola
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Marshall -

Back in July Mike Webb had a thread regarding veneers. You posted the following:

to me mitered is to easy...well the way I do it.... I don't know how others do it..
stacked takes more time.... so price wise it should be cheaper .....to me, going mitered. stacked takes more time veneer per veneer.... piece by piece making sure everything is put on flushed up against everything .....'

mitered ...well you glue all the colors and then cut the angle put together and install, for me on the point then on the forearm.

stacked.... one piece wait till glue is done then piece next wait till glue is done then so on and so on....but that's me.. you have to make sure that everything is flush with everything..... then install point....

like I said that's how I do things...i dont know how anyone else does them.

Personally...I do not like mitered I'd rather recut a piece of wood till I get the thickness I want, then dye then install point .....and boom no lines what so ever....... so unless I recut I stack no mitering here...I could if customers want it.

hit wise, I think if its recut points for veneers.... could affect it, cause I work with natural color woods.... I dye them ...sometimes not all the time....so each wood produces something else....
ex...red-rose wood , black -ebony, brown-lace wood, green-sumac
put together produces someting different.
but then putting a bunch of pear or poplar colored veneers also changes hit.... so to my opinion yes it changes hits.

Then, a few posts later, you said this:

my comment wasn't about the stack or mitered I am talking about the recut wood for veneers so no line... can show a pic if needed

I posted that if was so easy, I would like to see close up pictures of your miters. I also asked for pictures of wood you cut and died yourself. I never saw a picture.

This thread was a while before you got sick.

I only participated in the JP thread because you were stating how easy they are to make and that people charge too much for them. I don't agree with that at all. They are a lot of work and I don't know any cue makers who enjoy making them.

AS for hard feelings, I have none. I was trying to help you out. You don't need to come on so strong. When you do, people tend to not believe what you have to say.

Starting now though, I won't bother you any more. You do things your way and I'll do things my way.

Piercyexclusive
10-24-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't think you pmed me about that but for you as soon as I get home ther will be one up of the stacked recut veneers. I will even dye some wood for you to see that I do dye them myself. But I don't remember anyone asking me in public to see my veneer installation method since your the first one I'll do it for you. As far as you ping me on it..... I'm at a blank. I do print every pm out so I can go over them for you.

As promised this problem will be rectified.
When you tell me " threads I started" I wasn't thinking posts I made. That's me again not understanding.

Tony Zinzola
10-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Just to be clear though, I didn't PM you, so you didn't miss you. I posted in the same thread. Maybe you didn't see it.

Also, I know English is not your first language. You have posted that many times. I give you more leway when reading one of your posts than I would to somebody from here. I don't have a problem understanding your posts. My wife's native language is Japanese and I don't have a problem understanding her (other than the fact that she's a woman).

Piercyexclusive
10-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Just to be clear though, I didn't PM you, so you didn't miss you. I posted in the same thread. Maybe you didn't see it.

Also, I know English is not your first language. You have posted that many times. I give you more leway when reading one of your posts than I would to somebody from here. I don't have a problem understanding your posts. My wife's native language is Japanese and I don't have a problem understanding her (other than the fact that she's a woman).

The thread was something I didn't subscribe to. I didn't know how to use Azb at the time. So it was something I missed. I have everything set up now to automatic subscription so that was my problem. I had to constantly do a search thread back then and remember the member. And I didn't know about the whole statistic then either but now I do try to keep up with what I say.

The comment about your wife that's hilarious. How old are you by the way?

Piercyexclusive
10-24-2010, 04:18 PM
You know I'd like to call and talk if you can spare the time.

manwon
10-24-2010, 04:19 PM
So I was sitting around the hospital doing my weekly dialysis and I started to think about scrimshawing and was wondering,

I am not talking about computers doing the work, I am talking about an actual person doing the work? you know by hand with a needle and such.

now Ive done some in the past but would like to know if anyone knows a cuemaker that actually does it by hand and doesn't pass the work to anyone else?

if you have, could you put pictures on here of some?
I would love to see some hand made scrimshaws from cuemakers themselves. I love scrimshawing and would like to see some from the masters of cuemaking. remember just pics of those who do it by hand.

Bill Schick does some the best in the Business take some time and check out Bills work.

Piercyexclusive
10-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Bill Schick does some the best in the Business take some time and check out Bills work.

Thanks I just recently found some pics and they look great. If you had the time could you post some I am no that proficient with this iPhone yet I would like people to see the work that people can do without the machines. That's all

Tony Zinzola
10-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Email me the pics to tony@zinzola.com and I will post them for you.

You can call me during the week between 7am and 5pm. After that, I pick up the kids and don't have time to talk. I don't have time anyway, but can spare a few minutes. My phone number is on my website.

rayjay
10-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I personally can't get into scrimshaw. Some of it is art, but most I have seen is just illustration, that is, just a picture of something and more of a craft than art. To me, it doesn't work well with cues. jmo.
:p

Piercyexclusive
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
I personally can't get into scrimshaw. Some of it is art, but most I have seen is just illustration, that is, just a picture of something and more of a craft than art. To me, it doesn't work well with cues. jmo.
:p

how about if it had a story?

deanoc
10-24-2010, 05:42 PM
I buy cues with scrimshaw and I always have SANDRA BRADY do the work

I think it ads to the cue,I would rather have her do it right than take a shot with someone who isn't as good

I recomend her work to anyone wanting a nice job

Some cuemakers may be as good,I don't know. I do have a few projects scheduled with her soon,I have never been unhappy

dean

QP Cues
10-25-2010, 04:35 AM
He got nice cues. I think he contracts his out for the work almost positive.

Piercy:
"Almost positive"? Really?

I have no earthly idea why you would take a shot at me. I do all of my own scrimshaw, I do not use a tattoo needle, but one small dot at a time. My first work looked like your lone wolf design and that first work was kept by me and has not ever been shown. It was a beginning and not done well compared to what I learned weeks and months later.

You taking that shot, and it most certainly was a shot at me, without EVER having asked me or sent me a single e-mail asking me about my scrimshaw work, although you have spent much time on my site, is like the shot that TATE took when he thought I may have forged someone signature on a cue! I have never forged anyone's name on a single cue. TATE, to say a cue made by Mr. Motley with his signature on the cue might have been done by me is lying about me!

I turned down a cue in the early part of this year from a repeat Asian customer because I would not put the same inlays with the same color as a "big name "ACA member did. He did not even ask for a forged signature, only the same woods and the same color of dyed inlays. I have not received another order from that customer. Why a few of you insist on hitting at me when I NEVER hit you FIRST is strange. The way up is not to put someone down, but do your own work and let it talk. I have only placed some fiend on my site after they hit me many times ... and hit me first.

I would hope in the future that you would ask the person before you take a shot at them. It is clearly stated and said on my site that the scrimshaw work is mine.

Most of my scrimshawed cues can be viewed at: http://queperfect.biz/masterscrimshaw.htm

Some of my first years' scrimshander works are mixed in with my Exotic wood cues. Before customers started asking for them they were placed in this section.

The problem with DETAILED scrimshaw work on cues is that most customers cannot comprehend how incredulously long it takes to do and are not willing to pay the high price. I said, "detailed".

Mr. Zinzola, thank you for pointing out the past slams of this individual. I owe you one.

QP Cues

Piercyexclusive
10-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Piercy:

I have no earthly idea why you would take a shot at me. I do all of my own scrimshaw, I do not use a tattoo needle, but one small dot at a time. My first work looked like your lone wolf design and that first work was kept by me and has not ever been shown. It was a beginning and not done well compared to what I learned weeks and months later.

You taking that shot, and it most certainly was a shot at me, without EVER having asked me or sent me a single e-mail asking me about my scrimshaw work, although you have spent much time on my site, is like the shot that TATE took when he thought I may have forged someone signature on a cue! I have never forged anyone's name on a single cue. TATE, to say a cue made by Mr. Motley with his signature on the cue might have been done by me is lying about me!

I turned down a cue in the early part of this year from a repeat Asian customer because I would not put the same inlays with the same color as a "big name "ACA member did. He did not even ask for a forged signature, only the same woods and the same color of dyed inlays. I have not received another order from that customer. Why a few of you insist on hitting at me when I NEVER hit you FIRST is strange. The way up is not to put someone down, but do your own work and let it talk. I have only placed some fiend on my site after they hit me many times ... and hit me first.

I would hope in the future that you would ask the person before you take a shot at them. It is clearly stated and said on my site that the scrimshaw work is mine.

Most of my scrimshawed cues can be viewed at: http://queperfect.biz/masterscrimshaw.htm

Some of my first years' scrimshander works are mixed in with my Exotic wood cues. Before customers started asking for them they were placed in this section.

The problem with DETAILED scrimshaw work on cues is that most customers cannot comprehend how incredulously long it takes to do and are not willing to pay the high price. I said, "detailed".

Mr. Zinzola, thank you for pointing out the past slams of this individual. I owe you one.

QP Cues

I'll reply soon.......
Trying to calm down and watch what I say as to not get involved in a flame war again....

Piercyexclusive
10-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Here's one of captain america....

TATE
10-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Piercy:

QP Cues

I didn't think you did it. I thought it might be one of your cues, or another cue maker from the Phillipines, the earlier cues, that someone else put Paul's signature on.

Anybody can sign a cue - it just didn't look like a Mottey to me. By the way, I e-mailed Mottey twice on this to find out if it was his signature, and he didn't respond. I also e-mailed the original poster on this to see if they found out anything, and they didn't respond either.

Just for my own knowledge, did the cue look familiar?

Chris

TATE
10-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Here's one of captain america....

I like that Captain America a lot, Mr. Piercy.

Chris

justadub
10-25-2010, 08:07 PM
I like that Captain America a lot, Mr. Piercy.

Chris

I do too! :thumbup2:

(Captain America was always one of my favorites. Damned if they didn't have to kill him off, even tho I know he'll be back... just in time for the Avengers movie! Anyone catch the shield in Iron Man 2?)

QP Cues
10-26-2010, 03:22 AM
I didn't think you did it. I thought it might be one of your cues, or another cue maker from the Phillipines, the earlier cues, that someone else put Paul's signature on.

Anybody can sign a cue - it just didn't look like a Mottey to me. By the way, I e-mailed Mottey twice on this to find out if it was his signature, and he didn't respond. I also e-mailed the original poster on this to see if they found out anything, and they didn't respond either.

Just for my own knowledge, did the cue look familiar?

Chris

Tate:

I never said you said I made that counterfeit. I clearly said you said you "thought" it may be one of my earlier cues. It is not one of my cues. I never built that cue.

To set the record straight: I have never forged anyone's signature on a cue. I have never knowingly made a copy of another man's work either.

I have on my site two times, when I made an inlay that another man first made and in both cases, I wrote who did the original inlay. I gave them credit. That is normal in the world for people to do, but not normal for counterfeiters of fine cues.

To imply that I might have placed another man's name on my work or forged another man's signature is the same as casting doubt on me. I do not like it . . . . and at the same time I am not interested in a feud going here.

I do not recognize the cue, but it looks to be a Filipino-made cue. The inlays look to be a dead giveaway of work done in Manila or in Pampanga province. I could be wrong. I would be interested in seeing the joint pin of the cue. The black rings look to be regular cheap nylon plastic, not double linen phenolic. If those black rings are black plastic then the man that counterfeits my cued also counterfeited that cue and forged the "Motley" signature. The joint pin would most likely tell who made the cue. I am going to guess a bullet type end and a thread of 5/16-18 or 3/8-16 for the counterfeiter I am thinking of if the cue is older than 5 years . . . . but I could be wrong since seeing the cue and handling it would give a more clear picture of who built it. If the cue is 1 to 3 years old then the pin will be a 5/16-14 or 3/8-10 for the counterfeiter I am thinking of.

The counterfeiter i am thinking of now copies the end of my joint pins. Oh, i decided to go back to that thread and i now see the joint pin. I would and am about 85% certain it is made in one of two shops. One in angeles city and the other in the manila area. Again, without the cue in my hand I could be wrong.

Back to your post at: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=193347&highlight=queperfect

Think it over some, Tate. You said you thought it could be some of my earlier work. The signature on the cue, I think was stated, was that of Mr. Motley. So . . . to say it might be some of my earlier work is to imply I might have forged another man's work after making s counterfeit of his cue. I would hope that you can understand my feelings in this matter?

Zinzola, you implied piercy might not be from America. What country is he originally from? I think I may already know, but want to be sure.

Piercy, I am not interested in a flame going here with you either. I have set the record straight on my scrimshaw work and hope you just let it be at that information provided by me in my previous post.

I hope this is the end of these two matters and the record is set straight.

:-)

QP Cues

TATE
10-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Tate:

I never said you said I made that counterfeit. I clearly said you said you "thought" it may be one of my earlier cues. It is not one of my cues. I never built that cue.

To set the record straight: I have never forged anyone's signature on a cue. I have never knowingly made a copy of another man's work either.

I have on my site two times, when I made an inlay that another man first made and in both cases, I wrote who did the original inlay. I gave them credit. That is normal in the world for people to do, but not normal for counterfeiters of fine cues.

To imply that I might have placed another man's name on my work or forged another man's signature is the same as casting doubt on me. I do not like it . . . . and at the same time I am not interested in a feud going here.

I do not recognize the cue, but it looks to be a Filipino-made cue. The inlays look to be a dead giveaway of work done in Manila or in Pampanga province. I could be wrong. I would be interested in seeing the joint pin of the cue. The black rings look to be regular cheap nylon plastic, not double linen phenolic. If those black rings are black plastic then the man that counterfeits my cued also counterfeited that cue and forged the "Motley" signature. The joint pin would most likely tell who made the cue. I am going to guess a bullet type end and a thread of 5/16-18 or 3/8-16 for the counterfeiter I am thinking of if the cue is older than 5 years . . . . but I could be wrong since seeing the cue and handling it would give a more clear picture of who built it. If the cue is 1 to 3 years old then the pin will be a 5/16-14 or 3/8-10 for the counterfeiter I am thinking of.

The counterfeiter i am thinking of now copies the end of my joint pins. Oh, i decided to go back to that thread and i now see the joint pin. I would and am about 85% certain it is made in one of two shops. One in angeles city and the other in the manila area. Again, without the cue in my hand I could be wrong.

Back to your post at: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=193347&highlight=queperfect

Think it over some, Tate. You said you thought it could be some of my earlier work. The signature on the cue, I think was stated, was that of Mr. Motley. So . . . to say it might be some of my earlier work is to imply I might have forged another man's work after making s counterfeit of his cue. I would hope that you can understand my feelings in this matter?

Zinzola, you implied piercy might not be from America. What country is he originally from? I think I may already know, but want to be sure.

Piercy, I am not interested in a flame going here with you either. I have set the record straight on my scrimshaw work and hope you just let it be at that information provided by me in my previous post.

QP Cues

I simply thought there was a possibility that it may be one of yours, or Viattorre's, early cues, or another Filipino cue maker, that someone here in the U.S. (a con artist,) signed with Paul Mottey's name.

I didn't mean to imply you would do something like this. When I used the word "work", I was referring to the making of the cue.

I never heard back from the original poster on this - so the cue remains a mystery.

Chris

Piercyexclusive
10-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Tate:

QP Cues

Yup, it is.
And I am from the philippines.
And I do not hate you are anything that may resemble hate.
I would call you to talk to you as to why I said what I said. I would like to call you but I have no phone # to contact you by. if you can please PM me. Also on your site you say that you are the only one legally harvesting and using wood for cues.. I also would like to tell you that I am to legally using wood from there. I could explain how but only by phone nothing else. I do like your cues and I did not make the comments I made out of some type of personal attack on you. I know how everyone there is treating you but do not include my name on the list of people who hate you.

Piercyexclusive
10-26-2010, 01:23 PM
for today here it is by request by Jfais1717
Best I can do without a magnifying glass and three colors and they were pens.

When I get a chance will do touch up to it.
anyone want o request anything just pm me.

jfais1717
10-26-2010, 01:40 PM
wow! pretty sick looking dragon for how long it took lol. i can only imagine what it would look like if had some time behind it

QP Cues
10-27-2010, 03:22 AM
Yup, it is.
And I am from the philippines.
And I do not hate you are anything that may resemble hate.
I would call you to talk to you as to why I said what I said. I would like to call you but I have no phone # to contact you by. if you can please PM me. Also on your site you say that you are the only one legally harvesting and using wood for cues.. I also would like to tell you that I am to legally using wood from there. I could explain how but only by phone nothing else. I do like your cues and I did not make the comments I made out of some type of personal attack on you. I know how everyone there is treating you but do not include my name on the list of people who hate you.

Piercy:

Not everyone here puts me down, but the ones that do are a few crabs. There are hundreds of cue making shops here and only one gives me a problem. I hold no animosity against the others. They leave me alone and I leave them alone. This place where I am now has four cue making shops and I am friends with the owners. They also, to my face at least, side with me against the one who has tried to ruin me since 2001.

I am happy that you will not be making future comments on my scrimshaw work. I already know what you might want to tell me on the phone and already know the rumor that someone spread to you comes from the same hate-filled crab.

I do not blame you for being angry. You should be angry at the person/persons that spread the rumor and caused your embarrassment. I advise you to stay away from the people that fed the lies to you. They are not your real friends, are they? You are in the land of milk-and-honey and the most of them are still stuck where they are. Do you feel they literally are your friends or are they your friends for what you can do for them or they can get out of you?

I do not state I am the only one harvesting illegal woods here. I do state, and it is a fact, that the woods from old houses are legal and all of the others are not legal if cut within the last 30 years. Anyone acquiring woods from old homes have legal woods. This is the only way. But there is another way ...... not actually legal, but sorta in limbo, so to say.

Here's why: The senators and congressmen here have passed laws to where a person cannot sell or even use a narra tree on his own property, Even if the tree falls during a typhoon! Eeeeks! That tree goes to the village elder (The barangay captain). The legal fact is that no tree that is cut down here, except the white paper wood, can be used! So why can you purchase container loads of narra and other "protected woods" and ship them to America? The congressmen and senators divide up parts of the country and THEY bring in loggers and they make the money. This is a fact of life. Guess you could call it "plundering the natural resources".

I asked one wood seller how he was able to get these woods. He said, if we all obeyed the laws then no one could make a living but our leaders. He simply bribes the police and Dept. of natural resources people at the many roadblocks in the forests.

My scrimshaw: At the beginning I sent some close-up photos of my first work to a friend, Paul Drexler, for his advice. He said it was a "good start". He told me the truth and I tried harder.

My opinion of your scrimshaw: Better than my first tries. If you go for more detail and make sure it is right before you add the ink, then you are going to be very good within a year and very, very good within 2 years. You will find that sometimes a mistake will occur that you cannot take out. Adapt and change the original design some until your hand is more sure. Buy a set of glasses that go onto your head. These are plastic and come with two to three different power lenses. Get at least a 40 power (I use 40 power) and begin. Your eyes will hurt the first few hours until you can get the head-to-work distance correct, but you can do lots better work with these lenses.

Get you some spray can lacquer paint to cover what you want to protect when changing to a different color in the same work It dries within a few minutes and you will not be slowed down using it.

To get super detail I advise you to switch to the smallest sewing needle and glue it in a piece of wood for a handle. The general outline and highlights can be done with the tools you have already made.

The Filipino: I have found them to be good cooks, natural artists, and musicians. You have a good artistic talent and will be a superb scrimshander.

Ronnie

QP Cues
10-27-2010, 03:50 AM
I simply thought there was a possibility that it may be one of yours, or Viattorre's, early cues, or another Filipino cue maker, that someone here in the U.S. (a con artist,) signed with Paul Mottey's name.

I didn't mean to imply you would do something like this. When I used the word "work", I was referring to the making of the cue.

I never heard back from the original poster on this - so the cue remains a mystery.

Chris

Tate:

I think if you went back to that post and made changes stating that someone could have forged the name after Viatorre and I possibly made the cue, I think that would be much more plain.

Going back again to that cue photo I see the butt sleeve is made from Malayan red wood. That wood is used for crates to hold products made in Malaysia that are sent into The Philippines. Thus there is only one place that cue could have possibly been made and that is in The Philippines.

There is no way that cue was made in America. Someone has forged the signature of Mr. Motley on that cue.

Many cue shops in The Philippines have the blue book of cues. When someone goes in and wants a cue made and that someone does not know what look they want, the shop owner many times brings out the blue book of cues and asks the prospective buyer to pick out one. they pick one out and he counterfeits it. sometimes he will forge the signature if asked, but most of the time the shop owner makes a counterfeit without the signature.

That cue definitely came out of a shop in Quezon City or Angeles City. Only one of these two shops, but I do not know which one, but lean toward the one up in Angeles City.

QP Cues

Mr Hoppe
10-27-2010, 09:56 AM
QP, while apparently not an accurate statement, I take the suspicion about outsourcing the scrim as a compliment. I assume that he was saying your work is so much better than what the average guy could do, you must have outsourced it to an expert. That's a nice compliment. ;)

TATE
10-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Tate:

I think if you went back to that post and made changes stating that someone could have forged the name after Viatorre and I possibly made the cue, I think that would be much more plain.

Going back again to that cue photo I see the butt sleeve is made from Malayan red wood. That wood is used for crates to hold products made in Malaysia that are sent into The Philippines. Thus there is only one place that cue could have possibly been made and that is in The Philippines.

There is no way that cue was made in America. Someone has forged the signature of Mr. Motley on that cue.

Many cue shops in The Philippines have the blue book of cues. When someone goes in and wants a cue made and that someone does not know what look they want, the shop owner many times brings out the blue book of cues and asks the prospective buyer to pick out one. they pick one out and he counterfeits it. sometimes he will forge the signature if asked, but most of the time the shop owner makes a counterfeit without the signature.

That cue definitely came out of a shop in Quezon City or Angeles City. Only one of these two shops, but I do not know which one, but lean toward the one up in Angeles City.

QP Cues

Ronnie,

OK, I corrected that. The next time I have a question about cues made in the Phillipines, I will ask you if you don't mind through a private message. Until now, I wasn't aware that you posted here. For some reason, I can't get on your website from my office or at home.

Concerning the possible signature forgery, we were mainly trying to protect somebody from fraud. I don't think the poster knew it was forgery but it's very possible he quickly found out. There are many con artists here in the U.S. who will intentionally misrepresent cues and anyone can add a forged signature to an unmarked cue.

Chris

Piercyexclusive
10-27-2010, 12:03 PM
this was requested by Mr hoppe
this is what I got done today for now... I dont have much light here in the hospital dark and raining. so from the time I opened his mail to now was at 20 min.... this is what I got done within that time..it 2:00 pm

Mr. hoppe I went and done the thing for you and pushed back other peoples request ...I like the eagle thing.really small... but challenging drawing the pic from my I phone it's hard... but will finish it nonetheless.

.....here's more

Piercyexclusive
10-27-2010, 01:55 PM
finished ...... it was a quick 20 more minutes...but it took a while to get back on AZB to post....so here is another with the eagle from Mr. Hoppe...
Now I want to explain this was done in 40 minutes total....
but would I had my magnafying glass and sharper needles and more light I would have done this in probably 2-3 hours so I did what I could ....
Hope everyone enjoys....anymore suggestions? still have space....

manwon
10-27-2010, 03:10 PM
finished ...... it was a quick 20 more minutes...but it took a while to get back on AZB to post....so here is another with the eagle from Mr. Hoppe...
Now I want to explain this was done in 40 minutes total....
but would I had my magnafying glass and sharper needles and more light I would have done this in probably 2-3 hours so I did what I could ....
Hope everyone enjoys....anymore suggestions? still have space....

Nice job thanks for sharing!!

TATE
10-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Marshall,

Have you ever seen Sandra's site:

http://www.scrimshaw-by-sandra-brady.com/products_list.php?cat_id=5

It's pretty interesting. She sells tools and DVD's too. I sold two cues for a cue maker that used her scrimshaw work extensively in bone and ivory. It was beautiful stuff, highly detailed.

Chris

Mr Hoppe
10-28-2010, 03:11 AM
Nice job! I wish I had the gift, but Mr Hoppe is all logic and no art. Simply 1s and 0s upstairs for me.

Piercyexclusive
10-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Nice job! I wish I had the gift, but Mr Hoppe is all logic and no art. Simply 1s and 0s upstairs for me.

Thanks everyone....I really wish more people could come up with suggestions...its like i only get one a day ...

well that being said todays request Iron man flying through some kind of fog or debris, dust.... something to that effect...the whole fog thing that's a challenge.....

will post ASAP

Piercyexclusive
10-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Holy crapola Batman to get a mis, fog, or smoke effect with scrimshawing is hard to many dots....... Can't ......stipple...... Anymo ..... re.......hands .......falling .........off....!!!!

Serious this stuff is freaking hard.
I first had to figure how I would even go about it ...... I hope it turns out good.

Piercyexclusive
10-28-2010, 07:31 PM
ok here it is...ironman...no color yet...will have it within the hour or so...

Piercyexclusive
10-28-2010, 09:26 PM
So here's the color version....

color done with ink pen...cann't really get out of the hospital and buy anything else....when I do I'll show you my capabilities with real ink...hope everyone enjoys...next Skulls....

Piercyexclusive
10-28-2010, 09:30 PM
anyone....? I'm suppose to do an alien....too easy and quick right now...will do that last as a relaxation...
please pm me a request.....

Mr Hoppe
10-29-2010, 12:08 AM
anyone....? I'm suppose to do an alien....too easy and quick right now...will do that last as a relaxation...
please pm me a request.....

How about a phoenix, a pirate ship, an eagle, a western revolver, Frankenstein, and a cobra. That should keep you busy for at least 38 minutes... :)

greyghost
10-29-2010, 12:33 AM
How about a phoenix, a pirate ship, an eagle, a western revolver, Frankenstein, and a cobra. That should keep you busy for at least 38 minutes... :)

No no no

McGuyver, Boo Berry, Ol' Dirty Bastard, and A Orangutan

he's gonna be fighting McGuyvers feathered hair for more than a min lol

Piercyexclusive
10-29-2010, 12:39 AM

hahahaha.... will see ...will post tommorow....cannt see to well now fixing to sleep
....I do hope you like what you see cause I like what I draw
thanks ....

Marshall Piercy

amarillonarrow
10-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Marshall: I'm in San Diego now visiting my brother. We shot some pool today and I had forgotten how beautiful the buckeye burl cue you made for him was. You know, the one with the cobra head above the wrap area and the snakeskin tail. We had about ten people come over and look at it and ask who made it. The cue you made me with the snake head in the butt is one of the two most beautiful cues you've made me. Anyone who has seen it is amazed at the uniqueness of the cue and the outstanding workmanship. I'm glad you found a good use for those cobra heads and skins I sent to you. Anyway, the cue still hits great, as well as the other one you made for him, and I've been shooting with the same cue you made me for a couple of years now. All of the cues you made me hit great but I'm saving them because one day they're going to be worth a ton of money. Of course I don't think I'll ever sell any of your cues. I haven't counted lately but I think I have ten or twelve of the cues you made me, along with the several cases you made me.

What amazes me about you is that almost any wild idea someone comes up with you're about to intergrate into a pool cue. I think it's a combination of your woodworking skills and your comic book imagination and background. In a comic book ANYTHING is possible, and I think that's your attitude about making a challenging pool cue.

Anyway, it's good to be back in touch with you. You should get the gallon of clearcoat that I owed you soon.

When my brother gets up I think we'll post a picture or two of the buckeye burl cue on this forum. When I get home from vacation I think I'll post a picture of the burlwood knife you made my wife with her initials on one side in turquoise, and her police badge number on the other side in turquoise. She was going to take it to work but we both like it so much we still have it displayed at home. My wife loves the knife. Hope you're feeling OK. Your good friend, Jack.

QP Cues
10-29-2010, 02:48 AM
QP, while apparently not an accurate statement, I take the suspicion about outsourcing the scrim as a compliment. I assume that he was saying your work is so much better than what the average guy could do, you must have outsourced it to an expert. That's a nice compliment. ;)

Mr. Hoppe:

Thank you for your compliment. I do not consider myself a good scrimshander, a fair one in skill. Also looking at what Piercy can do in much less time than I can, even now, I believe he will have great success in scrimshawing in the future if he continues. He will easily pass me and at least be as good or better than the scrimshanders who people currently ship cues to.

And to the fellow that sent me an e-mail and asked for me to post the answer here. Yes, you must have lived here b4, because you may have correctly guessed why the local 4 cue makers are my friends. As per your e-mail: When I came into this area the police colonel over the other area had already called and talked to this present colonel here. Since some countries give money to the police here through their embassies, it is easy for some embassies to ask for police help with their citizens. Upon arrival here I went to this police colonel of this area. He told me he had already been alerted to me coming and he told me that it would be impossible for me to be in his area without the local cue makers eventually finding out. His reasoning to solve the problem of word getting out, which could possibly lead to my death, was to send a police captain and I to the local 4 shops and the captain telling them I was best friends with the colonel and under his protection. So . . . . these four became immediate "friends" and knew to keep my presence to themselves, not to alert someone who wants to murder me.

Tate:

Best we do not PM, because the problem is I never come on here unless someone tells me that I am being slammed on this forum. Thus the only time I would ever come on to check the messages is when I am being slammed. Even then I do not check. Best, if you would just send me an e-mail for questions on cues being made here. I will not know them all, but I can give help with a few of them. E-mail address below. :-)

Thank you for making the correction. I hope I can help you in the future.

Piercy: I blocked you some time ago, but forgot your IP address. Just send me your IP address and I will unblock you. Bad to hear of you having problems with your kidneys., Hope the problem will go away and is not permanent. Once you e-mail me we can talk.

I can be e-mailed at: qpcues@queperfect.biz

QP Cues

QP Cues
10-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Oh, Tate, send me both IP addresses so I can unblock you.

QP Cues

Piercyexclusive
10-29-2010, 07:42 AM
I don't know my ip address. Sorry I do not know how to send the ip adress to you.

Thanks for the comments you said. I practice everyday now on my scrimshawing.

Piercyexclusive
10-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks jack I don't have pics , well good ones of any of the cues you have actually. When you get a chance could you send it to my email?

justadub
10-29-2010, 07:48 AM
I don't know my ip address. Sorry I do not know how to send the ip adress to you.

Thanks for the comments you said. I practice everyday now on my scrimshawing.

Marshall, I just typed "whats my ip address?" into google and came up with several sites that will tell you your ip address.

I'm sure that our pc techy members will come up with a more scientific method, but i betcha this should suffice.

BTW, I love your scrimshawing stuff in this thread. Amazing what you do in such a short time, with limited resources. You never cease amazing me. Keep getting better, we need more of you, and from you. :thumbup:

Piercyexclusive
10-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Marshall, I just typed "whats my ip address?" into google and came up with several sites that will tell you your ip address.

I'm sure that our pc techy members will come up with a more scientific method, but i betcha this should suffice.

BTW, I love your scrimshawing stuff in this thread. Amazing what you do in such a short time, with limited resources. You never cease amazing me. Keep getting better, we need more of you, and from you. :thumbup:

Thanks man. Would you like to suggest anything again?

TATE
10-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Oh, Tate, send me both IP addresses so I can unblock you.

QP Cues

Now I was able to get in - it was some kind of encryption issue - working now, thanks.

Chris

greyghost
10-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks man. Would you like to suggest anything again?

if you can't figure it out then call your internet provider and they will tell you

amarillonarrow
10-29-2010, 02:09 PM

I own a bunch of cues that Marshall made, can't remember now but it's ten or twelve. Anyway, I'm a small time cue collector and these cues are not only the most beautiful and unique cues I've ever had, they are the best playing cues I've ever had.

Marshall came to Sacramento a couple of summers ago to deliver several cues to me. I took him to Hard Times Billiards for a tournament and to show his cues around. A guy named Trevor, one of the best players in Northern California, played with one of Marshall's cues and said it's the best cue he's ever picked up. He also said that you could blindfold him and give him some of the top cues in the world and he could pick out Marshall's cue by the hit.

I'm on vacation right now in San Diego and I want to post a couple of pictures of the buckeye burl cue Marshall made for my brother, Hope the pics come out OK. It might be hard to see in the pics, but there is a real cobra head inlaid into the cue, as well as a natural lightning bolt shaped crack in the burlwood that has cobra skin inlaid into it like it's the tail of the snake coming out towards the bottom of the cue.

When I get home from vacation I'll post a couple of pics of the burlwood knife Marshall made for my wife for her retirement from law enforcement. It is inlaid on one side with her initials in turquiose, as well as her badge number on the other side.

amarillonarrow
10-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Forgot to mention when I sent the pics of the burlwood cue Marshall made, when we were warming up for a tournament at Hard Time Billiards in Sacramento, Marshall made the 9 ball on the break FOUR TIMES IN A ROW. The odds of this happening have to be in the millions. I've never even seen a pro make the 9 ball two times in a row. Jack

TATE
10-29-2010, 07:41 PM

I own a bunch of cues that Marshall made, can't remember now but it's ten or twelve. Anyway, I'm a small time cue collector and these cues are not only the most beautiful and unique cues I've ever had, they are the best playing cues I've ever had.

Marshall came to Sacramento a couple of summers ago to deliver several cues to me. I took him to Hard Times Billiards for a tournament and to show his cues around. A guy named Trevor, one of the best players in Northern California, played with one of Marshall's cues and said it's the best cue he's ever picked up. He also said that you could blindfold him and give him some of the top cues in the world and he could pick out Marshall's cue by the hit.

I'm on vacation right now in San Diego and I want to post a couple of pictures of the buckeye burl cue Marshall made for my brother, Hope the pics come out OK. It might be hard to see in the pics, but there is a real cobra head inlaid into the cue, as well as a natural lightning bolt shaped crack in the burlwood that has cobra skin inlaid into it like it's the tail of the snake coming out towards the bottom of the cue.

When I get home from vacation I'll post a couple of pics of the burlwood knife Marshall made for my wife for her retirement from law enforcement. It is inlaid on one side with her initials in turquiose, as well as her badge number on the other side.

Wow, this kid is talented!

QP Cues
10-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Tate:

Glad you can get on.

Piercy:

The other men have told you correctly how to find your IP address.

QP Cues

Piercyexclusive
10-31-2010, 03:16 AM
Tate:

Glad you can get on.

Piercy:

The other men have told you correctly how to find your IP address.

QP Cues

What did you block me from?
I guess I do not understand.

Piercyexclusive
10-31-2010, 03:17 AM
Sorry for not posting my scrimshaw a day pics. My camera fell in the water and I will be getting one on Tuesday and catch up with everything. Thanks

QP Cues
10-31-2010, 04:04 AM
What did you block me from?
I guess I do not understand.

I may have misread your post, but thought you said you were blocked. Maybe it was only Tate that had bee blocked.

I blocked two different IPs that were in Mississippi some months ago and thought you might have been one of them.

If you can get onto my site, then disregard this.

I do not plan to come back on this forum for a while.

QP Cues

06Busa
11-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Some nice stuff. Is that Fish scrimshawed on wood? I thought scrimshaw was only done on Ivory & bone like materials.

You good at scrimshawing cars?

Piercyexclusive
11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Some nice stuff. Is that Fish scrimshawed on wood? I thought scrimshaw was only done on Ivory & bone like materials.

You good at scrimshawing cars?

I'll do one...what you want..
will posted later for sunday and monday...I think that would catch me up on the posts and also for tonight...
the work was done on ivory not wood...thanks though

06Busa
11-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Thats alot off ivory to just be playing with. I like Muscle cars. 33-34 Fords, 41 Willys, 57 Chevy, all Chevelles & GTO's, Camaros & such.

Bob Hergert
11-16-2010, 01:36 PM
I love everything scrimshaw-talking, looking, doing. Give a call any afternoon if you'd like. 541-332-3010 Pacific time. I did Andy Gilbert's cue with the "Lord of the Rings" a couple years ago. I started working with Chris Nitti this year, and have plans to scrim more of his cues. Also, done several cue caps with Alton Takata.

plshrk22
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Here are some examples of my dads work. He does Scrim and Gun Engraving.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/plshrk22/DSC_0002a.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/plshrk22/DSC_0005a.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/plshrk22/DSC_0006a.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/plshrk22/DSC_0008a.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/plshrk22/DSC_0009a.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/plshrk22/DSC_0010a.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/plshrk22/DSC_0013a.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/plshrk22/DSC_0011a.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/plshrk22/DSC_0019a.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/plshrk22/DSC_0030a.jpg