PDA

View Full Version : X-Bridge / Foam Bridge - Opinions?

mnb
10-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Anyone ever used this? Thoughts? Opinions? :confused:

From the product page (http://www.buddyhall.com/Cue-Accessories/Buddy-Hall-Billiard-Products/Billiards-Buddy-Hall-p352255.html)
The X-Bridge is made of a soft rigid foam. It will not mar or scratch your personal cue. There are notches for ever position level you will ever need. You can bridge over balls and straight down the rail. Will fit in any standard billiard cue case pouch, size dimensions, 4" X 2 1/2".

TommyT
10-23-2010, 12:13 PM
I'd buy it, and I just might.

3RAILKICK
10-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Is it squeaky? Like those foam packing peanuts? Can't have that. I don't think Buddy Hall is going to endorse something that sqeaks.

APA Gene
10-23-2010, 04:34 PM
One of my teammates has one. I do not like it. I prefer my plastic Moose/ Bat Bridge or whatever that black thing is called. :)

JB Cases
10-23-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't know how or where this one is made but I know that a guy out of Washington State used to make them out of EVA foam (like flipflops) and I liked them a lot. They were rigid enough to use as a bridge but flexible enough to feel the shot. Also they are very versatile as shown in the pictures.

I liked them so much I am making a leather version. I personally find them way better than any other bridge out there.

Mikjary
10-23-2010, 05:25 PM
I don't know how or where this one is made but I know that a guy out of Washington State used to make them out of EVA foam (like flipflops) and I liked them a lot. They were rigid enough to use as a bridge but flexible enough to feel the shot. Also they are very versatile as shown in the pictures.

I liked them so much I am making a leather version. I personally find them way better than any other bridge out there.

I would consider buying a leather version. Hmmmmm...?

Best,
Mike

deadhead
10-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Kanui makes a leather bridge that I have been considering buying...

RiverCity
10-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Somebody should make one out of a magic eraser, then all the equipment whores could clean their milky white shafts at the same time.... :killingme:
Chuck

JimS
10-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Somebody should make one out of a magic eraser, then all the equipment whores could clean their milky white shafts at the same time.... :killingme:
Chuck

Fun idea.

I used one once and didn't like the feel of the cue moving through the foam. I like the leather bridge from Tiger and I like the Just-A-Bridge.

STORMINORMAN
10-24-2010, 06:20 AM
i purchased one from billiard expo 8-9 years ago for $5.00 the day after , saturday i went back to buy many many many more he was sold out best bridge head ever and " NO IT DOESN'T SQUEEK!!!!!!!!!!!"

Vyc
10-24-2010, 07:18 AM
I have one, and it works very well. I believe this foam bridge is much better on shafts. I've put a dent on one of my shafts once before using a metal bridge a long time ago. When using low english using a bridge on a shot, the shaft slipped and put a ding on the shaft. This foam will never do that to a shaft. A leather version would be nice!

ridinda9
10-24-2010, 07:26 AM
i purchased one from billiard expo 8-9 years ago for $5.00 the day after , saturday i went back to buy many many many more he was sold out best bridge head ever and " NO IT DOESN'T SQUEEK!!!!!!!!!!!"

Do you still have / use it ? how often did you use it ? what was it's lifespan ?