PDA

View Full Version : Did Barry bring the Cash into the arena???

Fatboy
10-23-2010, 05:02 PM
He said in his letter that was going to bring $75,000 in cash with the armed guards and girls(like they do at poker tournaments). I just wondered if that happened as he described in his "Open Letter" to the pool world a few months back. I sincerely hope that everything went as promised, in that letter.

The players did their job, by that I mean that he had a full field which is great. What more can a promoter expect? And from a accounting perspective thats better than a short field, the average cost per player goes down-economies of scale. Thus making his promises easier to fulfill as described in that letter.

Having the revenue stream coming in from the PPV online is growing every year as more and more people are getting hip to computers and learn how to log on use their credit cards and get a PPV. 4 years ago the numbers were small, now with the AZB community participating that new stream of income is fantastic for pool and the promoters. It just wasn't there in the past and is now-which is the kind of thing that insures the future of quality pool.

Since this is a serious post I spell checked it,

This is the letter that i'm referring to in this post:

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=7853

I really hope it all came off as promised, its a great thing to have happen if it did. Here is a quote from the letter:

"The Thursday before the U.S. Open, October 14th, $75,000.00 will be in an account for the players only and $75,000.00 in cash will be on display with an armed guard on the arena floor the final day of the event at 1:00pm. That is the total due to the final 4 players. The other $30,000.00 will have already been paid to the eliminated players towards the end of the event, promptly on time. All $180,000.00 will be paid in CASH."

Sincerely,

Eric/Fatboy

allen_jr
10-23-2010, 05:19 PM
He said in his letter that was going to bring $75,000 in cash with the armed guards and girls(like they do at poker tournaments). I just wondered if that happened as he described in his "Open Letter" to the pool world a few months back. I sincerely hope that everything went as promised, in that letter.

The players did their job, by that I mean that he had a full field which is great. What more can a promoter expect? And from a accounting perspective thats better than a short field, the average cost per player goes down-economies of scale. Thus making his promises easier to fulfill as described in that letter.

Having the revenue stream coming in from the PPV online is growing every year as more and more people are getting hip to computers and learn how to log on use their credit cards and get a PPV. 4 years ago the numbers were small, now with the AZB community participating that new stream of income is fantastic for pool and the promoters. It just wasn't there in the past and is now-which is the kind of thing that insures the future of quality pool.

Sincerely,

Eric/Fatboy

I have no idea about what you are asking, but I am glad you spell checked it :) haha

SCCues
10-23-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm here and I haven't seen any armed guards with 75K in cash!

rivercitysledge
10-23-2010, 06:02 PM
my buddy got $750 back in the tourney..got stalled out all day then paid in 20`s

sunnyday
10-23-2010, 08:56 PM
The real question is did Darren Appleton get paid? I certainly hope so and does promptly.

S.

justnum
10-23-2010, 08:59 PM
He got nicknamed "Master Jew" by the US open champions club at a public ceremony.

sunnyday
10-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Oh- my - Gosh! That's cold, but if it came from the US Open Champion Club, then he must have earned it.

S.

justnum
10-23-2010, 09:05 PM
What did 1st and 2nd pay this year?
http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/2009+players.php

1st place $40,000
2nd $15,000
3rd $10,000
4th $8,000
5-6 $6,000 each
7-8 $4,500 each
9-12 $3,000 each

That is what is advertised.

Masayoshi
10-23-2010, 09:36 PM
I dunno if bringing out $75,000 would be such a good thing to display. In terms of cash piles, $75,000 wouldn't make for great pictures unless its in 20s. A big check or trophy would be nicer on the front page of a magazine or AZB.

justnum
10-23-2010, 10:29 PM
I want to know what the guy pulled in on door fees. I estimated 6 stadium style seating areas holding 100 a piece. Two session fee of $10 min for the last day alone seemed to have at least 300 in attendance that paid some type of fee. 600 for tickets, $6000 for entrance plus food. On the last day alone I think the director covered 40% of expenses for tournament. That is a low end estimate.

256 players, $500 entrance fee that is $128,000 from players alone that is done by multiplying 256 times 500. The director's capital is $52,000, 180,000 total paymout minus the 128000 from players.

If players just rented an entire room, they wouldn't have arena expenses, ref expenses or director expenses. Players could put together a comparable event with similar payouts. IMO the staff working the event do not appear to be taken care of well.

One popcorn lady said the heat cannot be turned on because the balls must be a certain temp. I have seen balls act funny when humidity is present. But not in a controlled environment. It seemed like some drunk wanted to walk into a room to cool off.

richiebalto
10-23-2010, 10:38 PM

This is the letter that i'm referring to in this post:

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=7853

I really hope it all came off as promised, its a great thing to have happen if it did. Here is a quote from the letter:

"The Thursday before the U.S. Open, October 14th, $75,000.00 will be in an account for the players only and $75,000.00 in cash will be on display with an armed guard on the arena floor the final day of the event at 1:00pm. That is the total due to the final 4 players. The other $30,000.00 will have already been paid to the eliminated players towards the end of the event, promptly on time. All $180,000.00 will be paid in CASH."

Sincerely,

Eric/Fatboy

good politions never really do what the say their going to do

JustPlay
10-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I want to know what the guy pulled in on door fees. I estimated 6 stadium style seating areas holding 100 a piece. Two session fee of $10 min for the last day alone seemed to have at least 300 in attendance that paid some type of fee. 600 for tickets, $6000 for entrance plus food. On the last day alone I think the director covered 40% of expenses for tournament. That is a low end estimate.

256 players, $500 entrance fee that is $128,000 from players alone that is done by multiplying 256 times 500. The director's capital is $52,000, 180,000 total paymout minus the 128000 from players.

If players just rented an entire room, they wouldn't have arena expenses, ref expenses or director expenses. Players could put together a comparable event with similar payouts.

You forgot to factor in all the past champions that played in this event, have free entry into this event for life. Curtousy of Barry Berman.

justnum
10-23-2010, 10:44 PM
You forgot to factor in all the past champions that played in this event, have free entry into this event for life. Curtousy of Barry Berman.

Ticket sales for one champ offsets their entry fee by a lot. 100 people want to see a champ for a day even just one session is 100 times 10 that is $1000, that is twice the player fee. Plus the old champs get to influence younger players. In other words an old champ means young players get a chance to publicly beat them or make them come back next year to beat them. That counts as player entry fee for two years.

PaulieB
10-23-2010, 11:45 PM
I dunno if bringing out $75,000 would be such a good thing to display. In terms of cash piles, $75,000 wouldn't make for great pictures unless its in 20s. A big check or trophy would be nicer on the front page of a magazine or AZB.

At least people would know it was ACTUALLY THERE!

JustPlay
10-24-2010, 01:52 AM
Ticket sales for one champ offsets their entry fee by a lot. 100 people want to see a champ for a day even just one session is 100 times 10 that is $1000, that is twice the player fee. Plus the old champs get to influence younger players. In other words an old champ means young players get a chance to publicly beat them or make them come back next year to beat them. That counts as player entry fee for two years.

No questions about it. Former champs bring an intrinsic value to the US Open. Also, I think it makes players who play them, play harder since they know that they (former champs) are free rolling in this event.

JimS
10-24-2010, 02:41 AM
So... Did they get paid in cash? or not yet??

billbOK
10-24-2010, 02:45 AM
The real question is did Darren Appleton get paid? I certainly hope so and does promptly.

S.

I hope he didn't have to take the plane back to England with 40k on him.

JCIN
10-24-2010, 04:07 AM

If players just rented an entire room, they wouldn't have arena expenses, ref expenses or director expenses. Players could put together a comparable event with similar payouts. IMO the staff working the event do not appear to be taken care of well.

One popcorn lady said the heat cannot be turned on because the balls must be a certain temp. I have seen balls act funny when humidity is present. But not in a controlled environment. It seemed like some drunk wanted to walk into a room to cool off.

Go ahead and price out that bleacher set up, advertising, office staff, tournament directors and about a hundred other expenses and then run your numbers again.

Posts like this one remind me of the player who swore Diamond kept 200 bar tables in storage year around in Vegas and only used them once a year for the May BCAPL event.

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 05:01 AM
With all the people there can somone answers the question? Did he post the cash. Yes or no?

Thx

Black-Balled
10-24-2010, 05:49 AM
What he said. justnum done struck out this time...

I see lots of contracts between venues and the events holders.

They gots lots of pages an tiny little letters.

IGo ahead and price out that bleacher set up, advertising, office staff, tournament directors and about a hundred other expenses and then run your numbers again...

BlowFish
10-24-2010, 05:54 AM
With all the people there can somone answers the question? Did he post the cash. Yes or no?

Thx

12hrs and no one confirming to me means NO. :eek:

justnum
10-24-2010, 05:58 AM
1 * 40000 = 40000
1 * 15000 = 15000
1 * 10000 = 10000
1 * 8000 = 8000
2 * 6000 = 12000
2 * 4500 = 9000
4 * 3000 = 12000
4 * 2000 = 8000
8 * 1500 = 12000
8 * 1250 = 10000
16 * 1000 = 16000
16 * 750 = 12000
32 * 500 = 16000
+ 180000
I checked to make sure the payout added to 180,000. Sometimes when I am out buying stuff people don't add up correctly.

Tony_in_MD
10-24-2010, 06:04 AM
I was there but saw no stacks of cash.

Thx

justnum
10-24-2010, 06:04 AM
Go ahead and price out that bleacher set up, advertising, office staff, tournament directors and about a hundred other expenses and then run your numbers again.

Posts like this one remind me of the player who swore Diamond kept 200 bar tables in storage year around in Vegas and only used them once a year for the May BCAPL event.

Bleachers costs about $300 a piece for 6 days is $1800.
Advertising: $0 Billiard magazines aren't that popular, KT was on the cover of BD, they aren't a high volume publication.
Office Staff: 8 people at $400 daily. 3200 * 6 = 19200
Tables: 15 tables at $3000 a piece, 45000.

If anything there should be a sanction fee if the event is related to a major professional governing association like the BCA or something. I tried to think why he would not renew a Brunswick contract and most times people don't want to pay new costs, I don't know how well Brunswick is doing but they would know how many people attend the events over the decades.

Maybe $90,000 as a low figure.

Those are just expenses, so I assume income comes from ticket, food, drink and booth sales.

Thecoats
10-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Advertising: $0 Billiard magazines aren't that popular, KT was on the cover of BD, they aren't a high volume publication.

If anything there should be a sanction fee if the event is related to a major professional governing association like the BCA or something. I tried to think why he would not renew a Brunswick contract and most times people don't want to pay new costs, I don't know how well Brunswick is doing but they would know how many people attend the events over the decades.

Those are just expenses, so I assume income comes from ticket, food, drink and booth sales.

You can run your rough order of magnitude (aka Swinging Wild Ass Guess) numbers until you are blue in the face and I can guarantee you Barry is not getting rich from the U.S. Open. I have never been to Chesapeake and don't know Barry from Barney the Dinosaur, but he is the only reason that the U.S. Open is the longest running championship in the pool world.

It seems like we always have someone surmising after any big event how much the organizers are pocketing and how so-and-so could just do it and provide so much more for the players. I think the pool world is extremely fortunate that Barry, Alan Hopkins, Greg Sullivan, and Mark Griffin are all committed to the betterment of the game and provide great vehicles for players and fan to enjoy large field and exposition style events several times during the calendar year.

Sorry to challenge your assumptions and I am not knocking your thoughts just trying to add a little reality to the situation. I can guarantee you that if we had to rely on players to organize a large event it would more than likely not happen and when one did happen it would not have longer term staying potential.

-don

Johnnyt
10-24-2010, 06:36 AM
If the cash was out on the area floor at 1 pm it would have been put on ppv many times and/or people that were there would have saw it and responded to this by now. I'm not saying all players weren't paid but it's clear there was no cash or armored guard there like Barry said was going to happen. Johnnyt

justnum
10-24-2010, 06:38 AM
They were plain-clothes undercover armored guards. That's why no one saw them. But they were paid for.

KoolKat9Lives
10-24-2010, 07:14 AM
I was there but saw no stacks of cash.

I was at the TV table through the end. It was me who was one of two twas admonished for having a red light shining on my camera that caught the attention of Ken Shu while Corey was at the table 5-4. :o Anyway, after purging here on AZ, I feel almost better.

Anyway, after Daz drained the case ball, and did his Tiger fist pump and primal well deserved yell, Barry got ahold of the wireless mic. This was his speach:

"I'd like to thank the acadamy, and all the agents who doubted me..."

Wait, wrong town...

I left for QBlasters before any cash was displayed, if it ever was. The champagne had been poured but not yet distributed.

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 08:03 AM
If you say your going to do something then do it!!!

I already knew before I made this thread whats going on, SAME OLD SHIT!!!

I was just hopeing I had bad intellegence, but I didnt. And pool goes on,,,

I couldnt show my face i'd be so embarassed if I made a promis and couldnt make it good. I post up $5,000 everyyear at the derby for the Fatboy Challenge, I havent made $$ in 28 months, I dont want to post it up this year but I gave my word to the pool world I would an I am. Just wait and see when I start making $$$ again what i'm gonna do. IDC if I blow a mil/yr on pool when i'm making the right $$$.

alstl
10-24-2010, 08:14 AM

If it was that easy it would have happened already. First of all the players are not organized. Secondly, if they were organized they would still need someone in charge and he would expect to get paid. Third, what's the difference between renting an entire room and arena expenses, and finally how do you hold an event without a referee?

The reason there isn't much money in the sport of pool is because there isn't much profit to be made.

JD_Hogg
10-24-2010, 08:20 AM

I couldnt show my face i'd be so embarassed if I made a promis and couldnt make it good. I post up $5,000 everyyear at the derby for the Fatboy Challenge, I havent made $$ in 28 months, I dont want to post it up this year but I gave my word to the pool world I would an I am. Just wait and see when I start making $$$ again what i'm gonna do. IDC if I blow a mil/yr on pool when i'm making the right $$$.

Guess Barry is not the man you are. Didnt you swindle folks of their cash to get yours?

no one's perferct

cuedoctor
10-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Guess Barry is not the man you are. Didnt you swindle folks of their cash to get yours?

no one's perferct

Here we GO!!!!!! All that matters is if they got paid!

realkingcobra
10-24-2010, 08:38 AM

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the tables were not sold to this event, they were supplied by Diamond, and there was 16 of them used in the tournament...not 15...and they sell for $4,900...not $3,000;)

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 08:39 AM

no one's perferct

yes i did from 93-96 i scammed about $600,000 which I paid taxes on, I been square since 96.

do i have to go through this all again....geez. I never went to jail, kept all my assetts, paid all my taxes, etc. I know a guy who got 30 years fed time for a biz that looked similar in nature to what i was doing for the last 12 years. We closed the biz b/c there was no profit left, we DIDNOT get closed down.

So I was a con-artist for 3 years and change 17 years ago, I still know how to scam people just like you-you wouldnt know it. the most vigilent people are the easiest targets. But I cant fade the sentences these days it was 24 months fed time back in the day now its 10 years and i'm alot older, also I feel ashmed for what I did, but people like you make me want to go do it again. Like I said its your type that fall prey to the con-man. You go to church much?

I been square since summer of 96 and that aint changing, If it makes you feel better my net worth is down over $80,000,000 now. I havent had a month of positive cash flow in 28 months. I aint going back to scamming no matter how bad it gets. My concence wont let me, but people who keep throwing it in my face need to do so in person. A few people might recogize me at a tournemnt, so come bring you jealouse hollyer than thou ass right up to my face and say something. I wont punch you cause you would claim some sort of injury and sue me for millions, a phony lawsuit, which is no worse than anything I ever did-funny how that works.

loyarc
10-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Bottom line is Mr. Behrman air-barreled, in a sense. If you 'promise' - then deliver. It is and was a great event though. Hat's off.

Also, JustNum's numbers are probably off by a very considerable amount. I've helped plan major multi-day events (not pool related) and venues hammer you on cost. Bleachers for $300 a day? Probably quintuple or sextuple that amount - per day. Plus, most everything related to the venue is "plus-plus" by default (gratuity and taxes), that adds up quickly.

It will be interesting to see how Mr. Behrman's capitilization strategy plays out over the next couple of years. The cash stream with the most upside being controlled by one of Mr. Behrman's very loyal vendors (and a true blessing to the industry, clearly.) However, as I read today's AZ story on the unique visitor count, I couldn't help but wonder. Just think how many capitalized on the PPV option (even in the face of it not supporting mobile in any way) and how much that content is worth when monetized effectively. IMO, that is what sustains the Open long term.

But if any event, if you say cash will be seen, show the cash, please.

PTG

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 09:21 AM
i just got word Barry may have paid everyone off, if so I owe him a appology.

i will post more as I know more-later on this week. I'm gonna be on this like white on rice.

JD_Hogg
10-24-2010, 10:44 AM
yes i did from 93-96 i scammed about $600,000 which I paid taxes on, I been square since 96.

do i have to go through this all again....geez. I never went to jail, kept all my assetts, paid all my taxes, etc. I know a guy who got 30 years fed time for a biz that looked similar in nature to what i was doing for the last 12 years. We closed the biz b/c there was no profit left, we DIDNOT get closed down.

So I was a con-artist for 3 years and change 17 years ago, I still know how to scam people just like you-you wouldnt know it. the most vigilent people are the easiest targets. But I cant fade the sentences these days it was 24 months fed time back in the day now its 10 years and i'm alot older, also I feel ashmed for what I did, but people like you make me want to go do it again. Like I said its your type that fall prey to the con-man. You go to church much?

I been square since summer of 96 and that aint changing, If it makes you feel better my net worth is down over $80,000,000 now. I havent had a month of positive cash flow in 28 months. I aint going back to scamming no matter how bad it gets. My concence wont let me, but people who keep throwing it in my face need to do so in person. A few people might recogize me at a tournemnt, so come bring you jealouse hollyer than thou ass right up to my face and say something. I wont punch you cause you would claim some sort of injury and sue me for millions, a phony lawsuit, which is no worse than anything I ever did-funny how that works.

It's just funny how quick some of you are to condemn someone without any facts while you pat yourself on the back for being man of the year.

elvicash
10-24-2010, 11:16 AM
It's just funny how quick some of you are to condemn someone without any facts while you pat yourself on the back for being man of the year.

JD_Hogg are you in a position to throw the first rock, that is usually a position not easily filled. If you have the unblemished history required to throw rocks I would be suprised. As to your statement I think Fatboys orig post was there cash on display, it was a question and it appears that Barry did not dispaly the cash. He did pay off the tourney (Great Job Barry Thanks for the making the Open happen) but he did not show the cash as he claimed he would, this is something that can be improved, if you make a claim that you will do something then do it especially when you have one of the 3 most prominent pool events (Open, Derby, Valley Forge).

Fatboy does support that Fatboy challenge at the DCC. Are you planning on doing something to supprt the sport yourself or are you just trying to run this man off who continue to make a great addition to the Derby.

Eric, thanks for the Fatboy Challenge.

9ball
10-24-2010, 11:39 AM

Eric/Fatboy

Fatboy ! with all due respect I don`t believe this is any of yours or anyones business ! Other then the players who show up and play they are the ones who should have any concerns about being paid or not.

I know barry had problems in the past but he still kept it together and runs this event year after year, Players keep comiming to this event so he must be doing something right!

Its not for us to question him or his event , but to be thankful this event takes place. Too many people on here want to be first to stand on their soapbox and preach about an event an how much money is being made by the promoter and if the players got paid.

H.P.

All I have left to say to both of you is this , If I ever ran a big event and paid all the players, Then its not anyones damn! business how much I made off the event.

Barry has to make some money to keep the event going!

H.P.

JD_Hogg
10-24-2010, 11:42 AM
JD_Hogg are you in a position to throw the first rock, that is usually a position not easily filled. If you have the unblemished history required to throw rocks I would be suprised. As to your statement I think Fatboys orig post was there cash on display, it was a question and it appears that Barry did not dispaly the cash. He did pay off the tourney (Great Job Barry Thanks for the making the Open happen) but he did not show the cash as he claimed he would, this is something that can be improved, if you make a claim that you will do something then do it especially when you have one of the 3 most prominent pool events (Open, Derby, Valley Forge).

Fatboy does support that Fatboy challenge at the DCC. Are you planning on doing something to supprt the sport yourself or are you just trying to run this man off who continue to make a great addition to the Derby.

Eric, thanks for the Fatboy Challenge.

i've done plenty of bad things. I dont do Hogg challenges, all I do is play.

I was just reminding him before he drags the guys name through the mud that he aint perfect either you nut hugger.

mlalum
10-24-2010, 11:49 AM

I can't count the thousands of times Fatboy that you've brought up the 5k or 10K you give to the DCC challenge on this forum. Really thousands at least. Why is that amount of money anything but tip money to an often celebrated (on this forum) multi-millionaire. I'd be embarrassed to say i put that little in if i owned the house and fleet of luxury cars that get repeatedly brought up on AZ. If you want to brag about something sell one of those cars and give the proceeds to the DCC.

Mowem down
10-24-2010, 11:55 AM

Here we go its the poor fatboy song... " Play it again Sam " Is IT your concence or the fact you cant sweat the time hard to tell when you flip flop in one paragraph.. Anyway a manly guy like you would do just fine in the joint just pack your Ky....

As for this thread Are you clowns really talking s**t about Barry B. running the Us open... Maybe he did say that and maybe it didnt work out BIG FUC*ING DEAL did the tournament go off AGAIN, is everybody going to get paid, did any of you do a damn thing to help out ever.... Oh yea FAT mouth is going to do somthing some day hes only got 80,000,000 now thats not enough to get somthing started.... Shut the hell up, get off your ass and do somthing BETTER then what Barrys doing, then after half as many years as hes put in you can tell him what a piece of work he is for not coming through on A STATMENT....

hangemhigh
10-24-2010, 12:09 PM
I love those pretty girls prancing around in stilettos , 1 piece swimsuits and fishnet stockings, would have been nice to see them at the Open as advertised. 75K, not so much.

Bigjohn
10-24-2010, 12:14 PM
i just got word Barry may have paid everyone off, if so I owe him a appology.

i will post more as I know more-later on this week. I'm gonna be on this like white on rice.

I never heard the scam artist story before...interesting. How much of that 80 Mil belongs to the inocent people you scammed?? I'm sure Barry could care less about your apology or your white on rice.

MahnaMahna
10-24-2010, 12:16 PM

If you think this post is going to make anyone feel better about you and what you do for pool, you failed miserably.

troy kirkendoll
10-24-2010, 01:03 PM
You can run your rough order of magnitude (aka Swinging Wild Ass Guess) numbers until you are blue in the face and I can guarantee you Barry is not getting rich from the U.S. Open. I have never been to Chesapeake and don't know Barry from Barney the Dinosaur, but he is the only reason that the U.S. Open is the longest running championship in the pool world.

It seems like we always have someone surmising after any big event how much the organizers are pocketing and how so-and-so could just do it and provide so much more for the players. I think the pool world is extremely fortunate that Barry, Alan Hopkins, Greg Sullivan, and Mark Griffin are all committed to the betterment of the game and provide great vehicles for players and fan to enjoy large field and exposition style events several times during the calendar year.

Sorry to challenge your assumptions and I am not knocking your thoughts just trying to add a little reality to the situation. I can guarantee you that if we had to rely on players to organize a large event it would more than likely not happen and when one did happen it would not have longer term staying potential.

-don

well spoken mr. coats. i couldnt agree more

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 01:35 PM

look man I got more connections in pool and privilaged information than you can imagine. you dont know shit about me or who I know and what I'm told in trust and because I dont breech that trust I hear it all. so STFU

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 01:38 PM
If you think this post is going to make anyone feel better about you and what you do for pool, you failed miserably.

I dont care what people think of me, my actions will solve that problem. And whats wrong with telling the truth??? should I lie and say I never did anything bad?

bradsh98
10-24-2010, 01:44 PM
I think most of you guys are missing the point. Barry Behrman has a history of not paying the players immediately after the tournament. A few months back, he made a public statement that all players would be paid immediately and that $75k in cash would be on display. Typically, when someone makes a public statement and doesn't follow through on it, it generally damages that person's credibility. Barry has kept the U.S. Open alive for many years, but his credibility has always been in question. In his afore-mentioned public statements, he acknowledged his damaged credibility and informed everyone that things would be different. It was in these statements that he made promises for this year's Open that he apparently did not keep. I believe this is what Fatboy was trying to point out. Although Barry did apparently pay all the players on time, he did not have the cash on display with the armed guards, as he had previously claimed. Of course, I don't think it was necessary to have the cash on display, and I certainly don't think it would have been worth it to pay armed guards to watch over it... But, Barry did make a claim, so that money should have been there. Since it wasn't, it just becomes another hit to Barry's suffering credibility. THAT was Fatboy's point. Unfortunately, the majority of you posters decided to just attack Fatboy. So maybe Fatboy isn't the most credible person in the world either, but so what? He raised a valid question, in an attempt to prove a point (that being that Barry Behrman hasn't changed) and the discussion should be about Barry and whether or not everyone should believe the claims that he made in the public statement issued a few months back. The discussion should NOT be about Fatboy and the decisions that he's made throughout his life. So, let's get back on topic.

Mr Hoppe
10-24-2010, 01:45 PM

-don

TAP TAP TAP Justnum, if you think you can do it better, then quit talking about it and do it. Otherwise, stop stirring the pot. I hope Barry made lots of money so that he and others continue to put on these great events. If you want to see them continue, then I suggest you contribute to them rather than critisize them.

realkingcobra
10-24-2010, 01:53 PM

I think...you missed the point of the thread;)..what fatboy has done or hasn't done in the past...has nothing to do with the statement made by someone else...as to what THEY said they'd do...and the right to question that statement;)

Glen

allen_jr
10-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnum

Wait a minute, Diamond has to move those tables around all year? I thought they were kept in a back room at the Riv? :grin:

I think justnum should just start hosting events around the country, he seems to have a pretty good formula and a solid grasp on how easy it is to rake in big profits producing these events...

I'm surprised more people haven't caught onto how easy it is and started more events, we could have a huge tour and tons of rich players by now...

:wink:

greyghost
10-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I think...you missed the point of the thread;)..what fatboy has done or hasn't done in the past...has nothing to do with the statement made by someone else...as to what THEY said they'd do...and the right to question that statement;)

Glen

Thats dam right Glen.....Eric asked if Barry came out with 75K cash.....apparantly he did not, that means he's not a man of his word.

Its a valid question and reason to be upset regardless if everyone got paid.

When you say something you make it happen, but people don't really know what that means anymore.

And all you cocksuckers get off Erics nuts, guy does good things and always has good things to say....not one of you that knocked him has done a F*king thing to help the sport. Most of you don't even do sh*t on this very site that your always on, just spend time here drumming up trouble and trash talking.

He made a valid point....HE POSTS THE $$ for the challenge.....Barry said he would and it was hog wash.

Some one said all that matters is that the players got paid......BS!

You make a plan and you stick to the plan.....or your a joke.

Thats why things get F*kd up, b/c people only get it done part of the way....and thats supposed to be ok?

Eric.....don't worry about the BS these green horns are trying to start, the people that know you know where your heart is and what your all about....takes a man with a pair of balls to come out on the air and let out your personal history, takes a real ***** to bring it up something 17yrs old about you to try and gaff you, and for no good reason for that matter.

bunch of clowns,
-Grey Ghost-

MahnaMahna
10-24-2010, 02:41 PM
I dont care what people think of me, my actions will solve that problem. And whats wrong with telling the truth??? should I lie and say I never did anything bad?

*sigh* OK, great.

You don't care what people think about you. How wonderful for you. I am so glad you donate money to get the challenge going at the DCC. Guess you are not doing it for the game, you are doing it to show everyone how rich you are. Guess when you played your little rep game on here for years, you didn't care what anyone thinks, you just wanted to win.

Freaking ridiculous, you don't care what anyone thinks my ass. I doubt anyone on here mentions their net worth, how much money they have made, how much money they have lost, how many pro-players they are friends with, how much expensive equipment they have purchased, etc. more than you.

But I digress. This thread was about Barry's promise and then your response to someone calling you a scammer.

As far as the money, I guess it is kinda lame that the cash wasn't carted into the arena as Barry said. But if everyone got paid, who gives a sh*t? I know you have already sort of apologized, but whatever.

Then someone calls you a scammer and you drop the hammer on them. I understand, it upsets you. But for crying out loud, you start a thread with (I think) the intent of doing something good for the game. A few pages later you are saying that people who go to church are being scammed and calling them out to say sh*t to you in person so you can not punch them in the face so they can not sue you.

I hope your actions do solve the problem. Like it or not, you have become a face of the sport. A challenge in a major tournament is named after and backed by you. You have been mentioned in pool publications. You say in your signature "It's cool to support pool". Saying, even in a joking manner, that you are going to go back to your old ways of ripping people off is not helpful.

Anyways, gotta get back to another thread about another so called representative of our sport supposedly getting knocked out by a person who is involved in promoting the game through streaming. I love this soap opera of a sport!

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 02:44 PM
I never heard the scam artist story before...interesting. How much of that 80 Mil belongs to the inocent people you scammed?? I'm sure Barry could care less about your apology or your white on rice.

none of the 80 mil, i lost it in realestate. if you could read i said i scammed 600K-can you read?

and how could a person scam 80mil and not go to jail,

how many years did you go to school?

i havent made $$$ in 28 months, Glen will verify-if i'm such a career criminial why then havent I made $$ in 28 months? and am sinking? huh?

thats what I thought.

cleary
10-24-2010, 02:57 PM
If it makes you feel better my net worth is down over $80,000,000 now. I havent had a month of positive cash flow in 28 months. I aint going back to scamming no matter how bad it gets.

I understand the point of this thread and personal attacks against you are not called for. I don't care how you made your money or even know what kind of guy you are, but posting trash like this won't make anyone feel sorry for you and only negatively effect peoples opinion of you.

Eieio59
10-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Wait a minute, Diamond has to move those tables around all year? I thought they were kept in a back room at the Riv? :grin:

I think justnum should just start hosting events around the country, he seems to have a pretty good formula and a solid grasp on how easy it is to rake in big profits producing these events...

I'm surprised more people haven't caught onto how easy it is and started more events, we could have a huge tour and tons of rich players by now...

:wink:

Oh.... yes. I couldn't have said it better myself. I am always so totally amazed that people can sit at their computer and, in 5 minutes, come up with accurate figures to account for every aspect of hosting a tournament like this. The insight they must have...... :rolleyes:

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Oh.... yes. I couldn't have said it better myself. I am always so totally amazed that people can sit at their computer and, in 5 minutes, come up with accurate figures to account for every aspect of hosting a tournament like this. The insight they must have...... :rolleyes:

yeah they sure are great biz men,

I have one question for them(not all of them but most of them)-If they are so smart why arnt they rich? All the richer people than I was I knew were a lot smarter than me and I'm the first to admit it, i'm far from the sharpest knife in the drawer. most people cant admit their weaknesses. It takes a strong man to admit he is weak,

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 04:08 PM
*sigh* OK, great.

You don't care what people think about you. How wonderful for you. I am so glad you donate money to get the challenge going at the DCC. Guess you are not doing it for the game, you are doing it to show everyone how rich you are. Guess when you played your little rep game on here for years, you didn't care what anyone thinks, you just wanted to win.

Freaking ridiculous, you don't care what anyone thinks my ass. I doubt anyone on here mentions their net worth, how much money they have made, how much money they have lost, how many pro-players they are friends with, how much expensive equipment they have purchased, etc. more than you.

But I digress. This thread was about Barry's promise and then your response to someone calling you a scammer.

As far as the money, I guess it is kinda lame that the cash wasn't carted into the arena as Barry said. But if everyone got paid, who gives a sh*t? I know you have already sort of apologized, but whatever.

Then someone calls you a scammer and you drop the hammer on them. I understand, it upsets you. But for crying out loud, you start a thread with (I think) the intent of doing something good for the game. A few pages later you are saying that people who go to church are being scammed and calling them out to say sh*t to you in person so you can not punch them in the face so they can not sue you.

I hope your actions do solve the problem. Like it or not, you have become a face of the sport. A challenge in a major tournament is named after and backed by you. You have been mentioned in pool publications. You say in your signature "It's cool to support pool". Saying, even in a joking manner, that you are going to go back to your old ways of ripping people off is not helpful.

Anyways, gotta get back to another thread about another so called representative of our sport supposedly getting knocked out by a person who is involved in promoting the game through streaming. I love this soap opera of a sport!

most people here dont have a net worth, they livepaycheck to paycheck,

I really do care if everyone got paid, and I hope Barry kept his word, he is a great assett to pool and I didnt want to see him shit all over himself.

I wont know for a while if they got paid yet or not. Most likely they did is what I have been told so I came back to this thread and attempted to make ammends and appologie-then some j-off starts digging up m ypast from 17 years ago, nothing to do with the OP. the jealous have not type I fade all the time, it gets irratating after a while awalys having my past thrown in my face, for what reason? so they can feel better because they have less at my expence. And you wonder why pool sucks-its the jealous havenot negative assholes that ruin it. Truth be told I wish I didnt like pool, when i was in the gym it was all positive 180degrees from the pool player attitude.

realkingcobra
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't get it:confused:...last year all of you were talking about what kind of a person Barry was...not paying the pool players on time...and having done that before....and to get some respect back...he made some promises for this years US Open...some of which...that HE made to gain face...he fell through on...and as important as some of the promises were...it didn't happen....bottom line!

The fatboy comes on here and questions it...and some of you just HAVE to turn this thread into a "Fatboy" thread....yet if ANYONE else raised the question...you'd ALL be like sheep....playing follow the leader..."yeah, that's right...he didn't post the money like he said he'd promise to do...he's not a man of his word...how do we know if he even had it before hand....or did he come up with it at the last moment"...and so on...BUT...because fatboy raised the question...then most of you...and you all know who you are...jump on the band wagon...and try bashing fatboy...what a bunch of hypocrites:angry:

As quoted in the bible..."let those without sin...cast the first stone"...in other words....ALL of you who are off subject...are full of shit...and need to get on track...if you ever expect to get this sport straightened out...so that when a promoter says they're going to do something...then by GOD they do it...if they ever expect to get ANY where in this business...or your ALL nothing but a bunch of sheep:angry:

Glen

greyghost
10-24-2010, 04:32 PM

I have one question for them(not all of them but most of them)-If they are so smart why arnt they rich? All the richer people than I was I knew were a lot smarter than me and I'm the first to admit it, i'm far from the sharpest knife in the drawer. most people cant admit their weaknesses. It takes a strong man to admit he is weak,

Yea they forget about things like insurance, security, etc.....I know ESPN doesn't show the tourney for free either.

Just like the thought that the players could just find a pool hall and make the US OPEN happen basically for nothing lol......YEA RIGHT, even if they could there would be too much BS b/t the players to get it done. Pool Players on the whole are by no mean in any way BUSINESS MEN, much less resemble one.

Your comments are why myself and others have respect for you.....you have done wrong as we all have. But you openly own up to them, that my friend is commendable.

I have no issues with you supposedly saying often how you give to the derby challenge and other such things.....put it in your signature who cares, at least you give something. And I'm sure it makes you feel good to do that for the sport that you enjoy so much, they think your trying to toot your horn...when you just feel good about what you do, and there aint a darn thing wrong with that.

Thats like someone saying the only reason i go work with the kids or teach others to play is for my own ego, when it costs me much time/effort to do so probono. Hell yea I'll tell everyone, I'm extremely proud to have the opportunity to do the things I do....if thats bragging and tooting my horn then tough sh*t everyone.

Just like this site.....I've built great reputation and it has been hard work, it takes much effort and my helping and this and that on here also takes much TIME away from my days. SO when I have to write up stupid stuff like this post to get peoples minds right it PISSES ME OFF!

This is a place to learn, to teach, converse/visit and enjoy the game we all love to play together like a big a$$ family. Some of you on here just like to start trouble, point fingers, and cause problems......

This site is one of the best things to ever happen to the game.....stop pissing on it. Think about what you say and what you mean b/f you type. Disregard in those areas is why some never post on here but have been lurking forever....it drives people away, some of those people may have had great things to add to this site, some of those people may could have been the next hall of fame player.....you never know who's listening/reading. Its one thing to when the BS is called for like this message I'm typing, but its a whole nother story when attacks and flame wars start for no reason besides stirring the pot to see what comes to the surface.

Just for once listen to the Grey Ghost and cut the BS.

Have fun, learn, teach, converse and ask questions thats all that needs to be going on here.

thanks,
-Keeb'

poolhustler
10-24-2010, 04:36 PM
I hate soap operas............:angry:

poolplayer2093
10-24-2010, 04:44 PM

don't mind the trust fund baby that's just the way he is. i know exactly where you're coming from man! you do what you have to and it is what it is.

azbilliards doesn't like it when you're upfront about things. if it's a cue review you better not say anything bad. if it's a great player that's actually a joke you better keep it to yourself. if you robbed some 1 eyed guy playing barbox 8 ball.....Shhhhhh.

rivercitysledge
10-24-2010, 04:46 PM
so if they got paid this year did he pay the debts from last couple years?

poolplayer2093
10-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Yea they forget about things like insurance, security, etc.....I know ESPN doesn't show the tourney for free either.

Just like the thought that the players could just find a pool hall and make the US OPEN happen basically for nothing lol......YEA RIGHT, even if they could there would be too much BS b/t the players to get it done. Pool Players on the whole are by no mean in any way BUSINESS MEN, much less resemble one.

Your comments are why myself and others have respect for you.....you have done wrong as we all have. But you openly own up to them, that my friend is commendable.

I have no issues with you supposedly saying often how you give to the derby challenge and other such things.....put it in your signature who cares, at least you give something. And I'm sure it makes you feel good to do that for the sport that you enjoy so much, they think your trying to toot your horn...when you just feel good about what you do, and there aint a darn thing wrong with that.

Thats like someone saying the only reason i go work with the kids or teach others to play is for my own ego, when it costs me much time/effort to do so probono. Hell yea I'll tell everyone, I'm extremely proud to have the opportunity to do the things I do....if thats bragging and tooting my horn then tough sh*t everyone.

Just like this site.....I've built great reputation and it has been hard work, it takes much effort and my helping and this and that on here also takes much TIME away from my days. SO when I have to write up stupid stuff like this post to get peoples minds right it PISSES ME OFF!

This is a place to learn, to teach, converse/visit and enjoy the game we all love to play together like a big a$$ family. Some of you on here just like to start trouble, point fingers, and cause problems......

This site is one of the best things to ever happen to the game.....stop pissing on it. Think about what you say and what you mean b/f you type. Disregard in those areas is why some never post on here but have been lurking forever....it drives people away, some of those people may have had great things to add to this site, some of those people may could have been the next hall of fame player.....you never know who's listening/reading. Its one thing to when the BS is called for like this message I'm typing, but its a whole nother story when attacks and flame wars start for no reason besides stirring the pot to see what comes to the surface.

Just for once listen to the Grey Ghost and cut the BS.

Have fun, learn, teach, converse and ask questions thats all that needs to be going on here.

thanks,
-Keeb'

Good point!!!!!

Nostroke
10-24-2010, 04:51 PM
If the cash was out on the area floor at 1 pm it would have been put on ppv many times and/or people that were there would have saw it and responded to this by now. I'm not saying all players weren't paid but it's clear there was no cash or armored guard there like Barry said was going to happen. Johnnyt

It was not there.

hdgis1
10-24-2010, 04:57 PM
And it takes a humble man to point out his strengths.

Chris

GetMeThere
10-24-2010, 04:59 PM
1) It's worse than bad if/when players don't get paid. In this day, tournaments are very important for pool. It's GREAT that top players have the ability to at least make SOMETHING from great play.

2) People shouldn't have stuff from the distant past shoved in their face. What matters is what people are doing NOW. Fatboy is of obvious positive service to pool overall, and also to this forum. His only interest is the obviously benign one of worrying about players getting what they have coming to them.

3) People should do what they say....but sometimes they're a little careless in what they say--yet are still ready to meet their commitments. If the players HAVE finally gotten paid, then all is well. Good checks within a week or two of the event should satisfy anybody (but best to hand them out right after the final games).

lfigueroa
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
none of the 80 mil, i lost it in realestate. if you could read i said i scammed 600K-can you read?

i havent made $$$ in 28 months, Glen will verify-if i'm such a career criminial why then havent I made $$ in 28 months? and am sinking? huh?

thats what I thought.

OK, not that it's any of my business, or that I care, but since this is your defense -- posted right here in the open for the world to see and presumably discuss -- I just have to ask: did you make restitution on the $600K?

Lou Figueroa

realkingcobra
10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
OK, not that it's any of my business, or that I care, but since this is your defense -- posted right here in the open for the world to see and presumably discuss -- I just have to ask: did you make restitution on the $600K?

Lou Figueroa

Ok...lets ask another question here...IS THAT ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS...and WHAT does that have to do with the OP?...OFF SUBJECT!

Glen

Jaden
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM

Glen

I've seen a lot of people use ad hominem attacks like that when they don't have a valid argument against what's being said.

If I was a player (which I really wanted to be this year, but it didn't work out) I would've been happy just by being paid on time.) but AS A MAN I would be disappointed if what he said he would do didn't come to fruition without an explanation as to why it didn't occur, BEFORE hand not AFTER...

Jaden

Dartman
10-24-2010, 05:45 PM
It was not there.

There's the answer Eric.
Suggest starting a new thread about the players getting paid which I'm sure will compel more off-topic and idiotic comments like this thread did.

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 05:59 PM
so if they got paid this year did he pay the debts from last couple years?

yes barry has awalys paid in full, he admitted in the letter that he was late in paying players in the past and that he wouldnt be late this year. thats the whole point of this thread.

I havent heard if the final 4 got paid yet, when I do I will post the facts. i think they will, and hope they do

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM

Lou Figueroa

no i couldnt as the victims are all decesed now, so since I cant do anything about that, I try and be as generous as possible to others. thats the best I can do. and yes i'm very remorseful and the guys who worked the boiler rooms with me feel the same, as we still know each other, a few guys dissappeared and a very few have no remorse. Most of us do. I have gave away probably a million in gifts, help, etc to others as a result of my remorse. hell I gave measure man a cue cause everyone was making fun of his Lucasi thread 2 weeks ago rite here on AZ. I am giving Ray Martins grand kids his Szam when I'm old and dieing, I gave his daughter my word on that, you guys just dont get it.

and BTW your line between me and Harry was WAY off, I did lose 3 games in 5 hours.

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Someone please explaine to me the difference between going into a pool room stalling to get a game then robbing the guy. And picking up the phone telling a tall tail to someone and have them sending you their $$$.

In both cases its money obtained under false pretenses.

If I came on here and said I made a $1000score playing one hole ast night i'm a hero, if I said I talked someone into wireing me $1000 I'm a criminal. please clarify this for me.

And who in the world tells the truth at a poker table?

or when a casino busts a degenerate gambler and they lose it all, remember I live in Vegas and seen that happen many times. yet casino's are never considered bad guys.

Clear all that up for me someone, please.

whats the difference????????smart guys

somms69
10-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Someone please explaine to me the difference between going into a pool room stalling to get a game then robbing the guy. And picking up the phone telling a tall tail to someone and have them sending you their $$$.

If I came on here and said I made a $1000score playing one hole ast night i'm a hero, if I said I talked someone into wireing me $1000 I'm a criminal. please clarify this for me.

or when a casino busts a degenerate gambler and they lose it all, remember I live in Vegas and seen that happen many times. yet casino's are never considered bad guys.

IMO, you're exactly right it is money obtained under false pretenses. The difference to me would be that gamblers in general, be it pool or casinos, willingly enter into an environment where it is understood that everyone is trying to win and moves are part of the game, that there is risk involved with every transaction. Old people, most who presumably live on pensions or in retirement homes, aren't used to entering into every transaction they make with the threat of getting ripped off. They are of a different generation and didn't grown up facing what we take for granted today. Some of them undoubtedly have weakened mental faculties, memory loss, loneliness from watching their peers die, and are looking to be part of something, etc. There is a difference.

todd

ribdoner
10-24-2010, 06:30 PM

E,

The majority of the malletheads who knock you on a personel level are has beens that never were or wanna b's that are still wet behind the ears. i don't think any have the moxie and skill set necessary to navigate the waters you spent years sailing.

As with most of us there may be a couple of dark chapters in the book but it's obvious your at peace with your body of work.

Kudos, A

mlalum
10-24-2010, 06:31 PM
no i couldnt as the victims are all decesed now, so since I cant do anything about that, I try and be as generous as possible to others. thats the best I can do. and yes i'm very remorseful and the guys who worked the boiler rooms with me feel the same, as we still know each other, a few guys dissappeared and a very few have no remorse. Most of us do. I have gave away probably a million in gifts, help, etc to others as a result of my remorse. hell I gave measure man a cue cause everyone was making fun of his Lucasi thread 2 weeks ago rite here on AZ. I am giving Ray Martins grand kids his Szam when I'm old and dieing, I gave his daughter my word on that, you guys just dont get it.

and BTW your line between me and Harry was WAY off, I did lose 3 games in 5 hours.

I think you're the one that doesn't get it.

First of all you don't have to answer to anybody. There's no reason to on a forum like this. But you choose to which is your choice. Either way is fine with me.

But blaming the negative posts on people who live paycheck to paycheck and are jealous of you is arrogant and out of touch. You get negative posts because people perceive you as a self-promoter and a person who seems to find endless ways to get their wealth into a post. Not every person on this forum is broke but they don't spend a lot time talking about it to bask in whatever.

And there's the constant complaints that you haven't made a dollar in income the last two years yet you brag about multimillion net worth and that you live in a mansion. Poor little rich boy.

It's not very pretty fatboy. That's why people react, not jealousy.

And not to mention you made a serious charge against the tournament promoter yet nobody's complained about not getting paid.

Jason Robichaud
10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
ouch my head....

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
IMO, you're exactly right it is money obtained under false pretenses. The difference to me would be that gamblers in general, be it pool or casinos, willingly enter into an environment where it is understood that everyone is trying to win and moves are part of the game, that there is risk involved with every transaction. Old people, most who presumably live on pensions or in retirement homes, aren't used to entering into every transaction they make with the threat of getting ripped off. They are of a different generation and didn't grown up facing what we take for granted today. Some of them undoubtedly have weakened mental faculties, memory loss, loneliness from watching their peers die, and are looking to be part of something, etc. There is a difference.

todd

i never sold senile people, some guys did. their greed is what got them, the greeder they are the harder they fell, just like in a casino-bet more(greed) lose more.

GetMeThere
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM

I think you need to spend some time and think these through. They're each VERY different from the others.

Just ONE example: ONLY in the one where you take people's money with no intention of sending them what was promised is the outcome CERTAIN. And all the others represent scenarios where the loser has a decent chance to know what he's up against.

You said you knew you were wrong to rip people off. So now don't try to undo that. You made a mistake--and you stopped a LONG time ago. Just lead a good life from now on. You don't have to take s*** from people for making a mistake--the people giving you s*** probably made MORE mistakes than you.

ribdoner
10-24-2010, 06:38 PM

todd

The state, messengers of the word, business, barristers, etc. would never try to hoodwink someone, eh?

Todd, no waters are safe...

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 06:40 PM
I think you're the one that doesn't get it.

First of all you don't have to answer to anybody. There's no reason to on a forum like this. But you choose to which is your choice. Either way is fine with me.

But blaming the negative posts on people who live paycheck to paycheck and are jealous of you is arrogant and out of touch. You get negative posts because people perceive you as a self-promoter and a person who seems to find endless ways to get their wealth into a post. Not every person on this forum is broke but they don't spend a lot time talking about it to bask in whatever.

And there's the constant complaints that you haven't made a dollar in income the last two years yet you brag about multimillion net worth and that you live in a mansion. Poor little rich boy.

It's not very pretty fatboy. That's why people react, not jealousy.

And not to mention you made a serious charge against the tournament promoter yet nobody's complained about not getting paid.

look man I know Barry, we get along fine. he said he was bringing the $70,000 and he didnt. how simple is that? if he pays them but didnt bring the $$$ no big deal, I'll know more later. there is no serious charge, your soft, you know why I can tell-because you never faced a serious charge. I just stated the facts the cash wasnt there. simple. or are you still confused?

I know piles of people in pool and I dont mean league players, drunks, or bangers. I know the people that make pool happen. Had I not suffered a monster financial set back I'd be one of those people on the inside making things happen more than I do now, but I still do. do you? FYI.

the only reason I'm still in my mansion is I had the foresight to save my $$$, and lived well below my means, something you might not understand.

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 06:43 PM
I think you need to spend some time and think these through. They're each VERY different from the others.

Just ONE example: ONLY in the one where you take people's money with no intention of sending them what was promised is the outcome CERTAIN. And all the others represent scenarios where the loser has a decent chance to know what he's up against.

You said you knew you were wrong to rip people off. So now don't try to undo that. You made a mistake--and you stopped a LONG time ago. Just lead a good life from now on. You don't have to take s*** from people for making a mistake--the people giving you s*** probably made MORE mistakes than you.

i know alot of pool players who wont bet unless its a lock, whats the difference. Others gamble and take a shot-thats different.

realkingcobra
10-24-2010, 06:44 PM

ahhh...no, Berry himself made that promise...that he'd show the money to everyone...in cash to dispel anyones concerns about the players getting paid this year...so to question what happened with "that" promise...is not a serious charge...it's a "QUESTION"...as to what happened?

And not once has he said someone hasn't been paid as of yet...has he?

Get your facts straight;)

sunnyday
10-24-2010, 06:45 PM
All you people interested about Fatboy's business and past should start a separate thread on NPR.

I think Fatboy has raised a valid question asking if Barry B. followed through with his promise. Especially after making an official press release and getting a full field somewhat a result of promising to pay cash on spot. Barry B. started that topic and Fatboy should not be attacked for asking a question.

I for one would really like to know.

sunnyday
10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Basically, my beef is did the players get taken care of? I don't care about anything else.

S.

Cuebuddy
10-24-2010, 06:52 PM
I am one of the people on here that has not contributed to the sport of pool, I play it and collect items related to it and spend way to much time on this site pretending that I might be someone in the game. But if I ever do make a difference you better believe that I would toot my horn a little now and then. People like Eric, Glen, Keeb, Grady, Jay, Terry and yes Barry not to mention many many more (you know who you are) don't receive enough praise for their actions from the people like me that just sit around and pretend. The people around the world that continually breath life into a game that would other wise perish are what makes this game limp along. Thanks to each and everyone here that actually tries to make a difference.

GetMeThere
10-24-2010, 06:54 PM
i know alot of pool players who wont bet unless its a lock, whats the difference.

I'm just sayin'...it doesn't do you any good to think "everybody's as bad as I was."

Besides, as others have mentioned, in competition, "feints and psych games" are known to be a part of it. That's different from outright fraud.

If somebody comes up to me from nowhere and offers a bet, I'm a FOOL to think the odds of winning are gonna be fair. But if someone who seems like a fair businessman offers someone a business deal, many people would take it. We all do business, in one way or another, all day long.

Why are you trying to so hard to convince yourself and others about this? It's better to just acknowledge you made a mistake, and move on to better things (as it seems you have). You seem like a nice guy--you should just drop this crap and just make sure in the future you do what's right.

The people harassing you about this are phonies. If a guy makes a mistake and owns up to it, then he shouldn't be ragged about it forever. That's how I see it.

realkingcobra
10-24-2010, 06:56 PM
i know alot of pool players who wont bet unless its a lock, whats the difference. Others gamble and take a shot-thats different.

Eric...there's nothing here to win buddy...let them go...you've made your point, now bow out gracefully;)

Glen

Woof Biscuit
10-24-2010, 07:01 PM

The answer to this is really quite simple. Money is not the most important thing in most peoples lives. I honestly feel sorry for people who think that it is. They will never know what it means to truly be happy.

I am a professional with several pieces of paper hanging on my office wall. I rarely (if ever) sit and think about how to make more money. My thoughts are about contributing something and leaving the world better than I found it. To me, once you are comfortable (middle class) none of that paper chasing matters anymore.

Taking something from someone who is defenseless (the elderly) is probably the most cowardly thing that you could do. On the other hand, standing up for someone who can't help themselves is a very noble act, but their ain't much money in it.

MahnaMahna
10-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Really? You really can't see the difference? OK, here it is:

-You stall in pool so the other person will think they are robbing you and can't lose.

-You flat out lie to innocent and non-consenting people who have no idea they are participating in a scam.

Maybe both are under false pretenses, but are completely different situations.

Yes, you win a game of 1 pocket and people will be impressed. You lie and tell someone a line of bullshit to get them to send you money in the hopes of it being returned, receiving a product or service, or it going to a good cause that is completely false, you are a pice of sh*t.

Poker is gambling, phone scams are illegal and dishonest.

Poker and the casinos have one thing going for them that a scammer does not: they are very up front and open about what they are doing and what they are about. Scammers have to lie and cheat people to make a dime.

There ya go, point by point.

But again, this thread is getting derailed. You have said in the last few posts that the intent was to make sure the players were paid, not really the fact that the money wasn't rolled out with girls and guards. Could someone please call Appleton or Duell and find out the truth?

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 07:14 PM
All you people interested about Fatboy's business and past should start a separate thread on NPR.

I think Fatboy has raised a valid question asking if Barry B. followed through with his promise. Especially after making an official press release and getting a full field somewhat a result of promising to pay cash on spot. Barry B. started that topic and Fatboy should not be attacked for asking a question.

I for one would really like to know.

Thank you,

This is why where ever I go(in the pool world) I have a armed guard near me. I ask a question, a legit one at that, not inflamatory and all of a sudden all the haters come out. For other reasons I'm awalys armed-I just wish I could play pool good as I can shoot a gun:smile:

best
eric:)

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Really? You really can't see the difference? OK, here it is:

-You stall in pool so the other person will think they are robbing you and can't lose.

-You flat out lie to innocent and non-consenting people who have no idea they are participating in a scam.

Maybe both are under false pretenses, but are completely different situations.

Yes, you win a game of 1 pocket and people will be impressed. You lie and tell someone a line of bullshit to get them to send you money in the hopes of it being returned, receiving a product or service, or it going to a good cause that is completely false, you are a pice of sh*t.

Poker is gambling, phone scams are illegal and dishonest.

Poker and the casinos have one thing going for them that a scammer does not: they are very up front and open about what they are doing and what they are about. Scammers have to lie and cheat people to make a dime.

There ya go, point by point.

But again, this thread is getting derailed. You have said in the last few posts that the intent was to make sure the players were paid, not really the fact that the money wasn't rolled out with girls and guards. Could someone please call Appleton or Duell and find out the truth?

thanks I'm just a dumb ass, I appericate your clairifacation.:rolleyes:

here since your so smart maybe you would like to buy my house I dropped it from $60,000,000. you'll getting a hell of a deal. anyone sharp as you this is just pocket change.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7030-Tomiyasu-Lane_Las-Vegas_NV_89120_M10022-36452

Now you know where to find me, come visit when your in Vegas I'd gladly pay you for your time, I need the lessions.

Security disclaimer:
For anyone thinking of jumping the walls and robbing me, etc. I have more security than you'll live through. So go rob an easier target-its not worth dieing for.

Nostroke
10-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Basically, my beef is did the players get taken care of? I don't care about anything else.

S.

That's not enough. Barry promised and was supposed to show the money up front. He may have successfully paid up from the gate money which if there had been a flood or worse, 3/4 of it wouldnt have been there.

Given his history in this area and despite all his good deeds in pool, he should show the money. He himself felt he should show the money only 3 months ago, cmon. Barry is a huge plus for pool but he is a 'D' on paying in full on time. He should post (and he knows it) until he has 3 problem free years or so.

Now Im thinking possibly, Johnny's group may have seen the money in the bank beforehand and signed off on it. If that happened then I dont see a sin in not havin the dog and pony show, though i think BB should have acknowledged his coming up short on it.

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
The answer to this is really quite simple. Money is not the most important thing in most peoples lives. I honestly feel sorry for people who think that it is. They will never know what it means to truly be happy.

then why do they go to work everyday? and retire 10 years before they die, given the choice nobody(well almost nobody) would choose work($$$) over leisure. and if people didnt care about $$$ then why do unions exist???? Let the bosses keep the money???? that dont sound right,.

believe me given the choice 99.8% of the people in the world would perfer having $$$ to having to sacrifice the best years of their lifes to get it.

MahnaMahna
10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
ahhh...no, Berry himself made that promise...that he'd show the money to everyone...in cash to dispel anyones concerns about the players getting paid this year...so to question what happened with "that" promise...is not a serious charge...it's a "QUESTION"...as to what happened?

And not once has he said someone hasn't been paid as of yet...has he?

Get your facts straight;)

Glen, Fatboy has said in several posts now that this thread's intentions was to see if the players have been paid, and he doesn't really care if the cash was brought out with guards.

I do have to say that only one or two people immediately brought up Fatboy's past. I agree that it is good he doesn't do those bad things he used to do. But his responses to those people are concerning and should be addressed.

I know Fatboy isn't the best at communicating through the computer (as he has admitted in the past) and maybe some of his posts have too much emotion and reaction in them.

justadub
10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Eric, remember internet rule number 1: "Don't Feed The Trolls."

It ain't worth the aggravation you're getting.

mlalum
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM

here since your so smart maybe you would like to buy my house I dropped it from $60,000,000. you'll getting a hell of a deal. anyone sharp as you this is just pocket change.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7030-Tomiyasu-Lane_Las-Vegas_NV_89120_M10022-36452

Now you know where to find me, come visit when your in Vegas I'd gladly pay you for your time, I need the lessions.

Security disclaimer:
For anyone thinking of jumping the walls and robbing me, etc. I have more security than you'll live through. So go rob an easier target-its not worth dieing for.

Do you have to drive around in an armored stretch limo too?

MahnaMahna
10-24-2010, 07:31 PM

Security disclaimer:

Translation:

Hey you! You! Hey you! Look! Look at me! Look at my cool house! I'm cool aren't I? Hello? Hey look!

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 07:36 PM
set your alarms people, tomarrow is monday time to go to work.:grin:

my last post in this abortion of a thread.

its the losers I exposed in this thread is why pool has been in the toilet for years and will remain so. Its really sad it could be so good.

later

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Translation:

Hey Mom! Mom! Hey Mom! Look Mom! Look at me Mom! Look at my cool house Mom! I'm cool aren't I Mom? Mom? Hey Mom, look!

you mean to say your house aint bigger? your so much smarter. You mention my Mom againin this thread and I will F U C K you up given the chance fvckhead, you crossed the line right there!!!!!!!!!!!11

poolplayer2093
10-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Glen, Fatboy has said in several posts now that this thread's intentions was to see if the players have been paid, and he doesn't really care if the cash was brought out with guards.

I do have to say that only one or two people immediately brought up Fatboy's past. I agree that it is good he doesn't do those bad things he used to do. But his responses to those people are concerning and should be addressed.

I know Fatboy isn't the best at communicating through the computer (as he has admitted in the past) and maybe some of his posts have too much emotion and reaction in them.

maybe you'll get to meet him face to face one day and he can explain it to you in a non cyberspace manner

Fatboy
10-24-2010, 07:42 PM
nobody talks shit about my mom and dosent get a beating, try me

somms69
10-24-2010, 07:54 PM
you mean to say your house aint bigger? your so much smarter. You mention my Mom againin this thread and I will F U C K you up given the chance fvckhead, you crossed the line right there!!!!!!!!!!!11
Nice........

mlalum
10-24-2010, 07:58 PM
set your alarms people, tomarrow is monday time to go to work.:grin:

my last post in this abortion of a thread.

its the losers I exposed in this thread is why pool has been in the toilet for years and will remain so. Its really sad it could be so good.

later

Well somebody has been exposed.

ribdoner
10-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Translation:

Hey Mom! Mom! Hey Mom! Look Mom! Look at me Mom! Look at my cool house Mom! I'm cool aren't I Mom? Mom? Hey Mom, look!

What type of shit stirrin, trouble makin, shit are you you comin with?

i imagine your nads are bout the size of b-b's when face to face and i reckon the first thing you'd utter was "i apologize for the misunderstanding"

lol about how insignificant you'd be if in the physical company of pool people

justnum
10-24-2010, 08:27 PM
TAP TAP TAP Justnum, if you think you can do it better, then quit talking about it and do it. Otherwise, stop stirring the pot. I hope Barry made lots of money so that he and others continue to put on these great events. If you want to see them continue, then I suggest you contribute to them rather than critisize them.

I am prototyping my tournament in another thread see values at the pool tournament in my thread history.

JDB
10-24-2010, 08:52 PM

Are you serious??? LMAO. I have been trying not to respond to your ridiculous posts; however, this one really is way out there.

Have a nice life.

MahnaMahna
10-24-2010, 08:54 PM

Oh brother. I was not talking sh*t about your Mom, but I edited the post anyways.

JDB
10-24-2010, 08:59 PM
E,

The majority of the malletheads who knock you on a personel level are has beens that never were or wanna b's that are still wet behind the ears. i don't think any have the moxie and skill set necessary to navigate the waters you spent years sailing.

As with most of us there may be a couple of dark chapters in the book but it's obvious your at peace with your body of work.

Kudos, A

Or...just none of us are worried about ever meeting him and him throwing us a few dollars.

However, I have not knocked him in a very long time because I was trying to be sociable.

JDB
10-24-2010, 09:19 PM

Security disclaimer:

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better...lol. I (Eric) am rich and you are not so you are obviously the lesser person.

LMFAO. You (Eric) are definitely one piece of classless work. But you have money, so you have that going for you.

Mowem down
10-24-2010, 11:47 PM

So im guessing if I (or anyone) found out you screwed their mother or grand mother out of their money, the crub sandwich you had coming would be taken with a smile....hell no youd run and hide and cry to the poe poe....

Would that beating be coming from you ? and what would be the line....? from the sounds of it I dont think youll have a hard time finding takers....Hell can just call up some of the inlaws of all the people your SO SORRY for screwing and tell them for a little bet you can talk shit about my mom and ill try to whip you... From the pics of you ive scene theyll be lined up around the block ....maybe youll make enough to do somthing great for pool. yea even better then Barry, hes apperently fallen short of the mark :rolleyes:

gunzby
10-25-2010, 02:01 AM
How in the world did this thread go from asking about payouts to an e-lynching directed at Fatboy?

If you don't like him, or his past why bother even typing in his threads or replying to him?

jay helfert
10-25-2010, 02:09 AM

Sorry, but you just don't have a clue! If you think it's so easy, then why don't YOU do it?

Roy Steffensen
10-25-2010, 02:48 AM
I agree with Sunny.

Leave Eric alone, his questions are good.

Did Barry do as promised, or did he lie? I feel BAD if Darren has to wait months again, like after WTC, to get paid....

jay helfert
10-25-2010, 02:54 AM
I'm sorry, I just don't see the point of this whole thread. I was there, the Open was GREAT! Everyone either has been paid or will be paid shortly (and it's probably the former). That I can assure you of.

Once again the U.S. Open was the premier tournament in America, as it has been for a long, long time. Barry's passion for pool has kept the tournament going all these years, even when he was faced with some serious problems. And yes, some of them were of his own making. It's true that Barry is a great promoter of the Open and will do (and say) just about anything to build it up. Hey, it's his baby and his one week a year to shine in the pool world. As for me, I give him license to pump up the Open any way he can. If he really wanted to bring 75K out to the tournament floor, I'm sure he could. But what's the point? More important that all the players are paid imo.

Rest assured there is a lot of work (and money!) involved in staging the U.S. Open. And I seriously doubt that the bottom line is very good for Barry, considering the time it takes to put this event together. If he makes a few bucks, then I want to be the first one to congratulate him. It would be far easier for him to just concentrate on running Q-Master, one of the most successful poolrooms in America. I will tell you this, that even after 35 years Barry is still trying to make the Open better every year. He is constantly looking for ways to fine tune the event and make it work for everyone, be they players or spectators.

Sometimes Barry rubs me the wrong way too, but all I can say is thank God for the Barry Behrman's of the pool world. Without them, we would have nothing to b-tch about!

Jason Robichaud
10-25-2010, 03:04 AM
Lets delete this thread, do a history check to find the perfect member and repost the question.

As usual, Mr Helfert cleared things up.

JAM
10-25-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm sorry, I just don't see the point of this whole thread....

I was looking forward to reading your reply, as I knew it would be forthcoming once you recuperated from the Open.

I'm guessing the point may be that the new male professional pool organization made a demand to Barry Behrman before they agreed to compete that either the payout monies would be in escrow and/or on full display on the final day. This was a requirement that the organization wants to have in force, so as to avoid its members not getting paid.

I did read on an earlier thread where somebody got paid in twenty-dollar bills. At the Open, I think sometimes the players are paid with monies collected at the gate and other revenue sources while the tournament is in progress. Sometimes the players who got in the money want to be paid right away and not have to wait until the last day to get paid. They may want to leave early to save money on expenses, as an example.

Without Barry Behrman, the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship would have died years ago, but he's kept it going, sometimes losing money due to a variety of problems, one of the main ones being the unpredictable weather. I'm glad he hasn't given up. It is truly one of my favorite pool events, and I hope I get to attend another one before I die.

Again, if the demand made by the new pool organization was not met, that may be why some are upset, but one thing I've learned over the years about pool tournaments, you're never, never, never going to please everybody. Whether it's the rules, the payout division, the seeding, the dress code, the referee's call, there's going to be controversy. I'm glad Barry is able to overcome all the hurdles and bring the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship each year. It's a title that every pool player dreams of getting.

See this picture here? Well, that tent was obtained at the last minute by Barry, so the smokers could have a place to smoke and be shielded from the rain. In 2003, I think it was, Tropical Storm Isabel was not nice to the U.S. Open, as everybody lost power for a couple days. Pretty nice gesture on Barry's part, in addition to getting the generators to provide power to the Conference Center. I think he was the only one in Chesapeake with power the second day after the storm. Takes a big generator to power that Conference Center, expensive rental, but that's the kind of promoter he is. He's always trying to ensure the players and attendees are happy and is just one example of the miscellaneous expenses that inevitably will happen. :)

jay helfert
10-25-2010, 04:15 AM
I was looking forward to reading your reply, as I knew it would be forthcoming once you recuperated from the Open.

I'm guessing the point may be that the new male professional pool organization made a demand to Barry Behrman before they agreed to compete that either the payout monies would be in escrow and/or on full display on the final day. This was a requirement that the organization wants to have in force, so as to avoid its members not getting paid.

I did read on an earlier thread where somebody got paid in twenty-dollar bills. At the Open, I think sometimes the players are paid with monies collected at the gate and other revenue sources while the tournament is in progress. Sometimes the players who got in the money want to be paid right away and not have to wait until the last day to get paid. They may want to leave early to save money on expenses, as an example.

Without Barry Behrman, the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship would have died years ago, but he's kept it going, sometimes losing money due to a variety of problems, one of the main ones being the unpredictable weather. I'm glad he hasn't given up. It is truly one of my favorite pool events, and I hope I get to attend another one before I die.

Again, if the demand made by the new pool organization was not met, that may be why some are upset, but one thing I've learned over the years about pool tournaments, you're never, never, never going to please everybody. Whether it's the rules, the payout division, the seeding, the dress code, the referee's call, there's going to be controversy. I'm glad Barry is able to overcome all the hurdles and bring the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship each year. It's a title that every pool player dreams of getting.

See this picture here? Well, that tent was obtained at the last minute by Barry, so the smokers could have a place to smoke and be shielded from the rain. In 2003, I think it was, Tropical Storm Isabel was not nice to the U.S. Open, as everybody lost power for a couple days. Pretty nice gesture on Barry's part, in addition to getting the generators to provide power to the Conference Center. I think he was the only one in Chesapeake with power the second day after the storm. Takes a big generator to power that Conference Center, expensive rental, but that's the kind of promoter he is. He's always trying to ensure the players and attendees are happy and is just one example of the miscellaneous expenses that inevitably will happen. :)

Just to continue with some more facts - ALL players who finished in the money were given a time when the office would be open the next day to collect their money. A sign was posted on the door to the tournament office each day telling when it would be open for pay outs. This was done each day and everyone who had money coming got paid!

I also got paid in twenties. My opinion - Baby, it all spends! I didn't hear one player complaining about how he/she got paid. Barry advertised $50,000 Added this year, but in reality he put in much more. All the past champions (men and women) had their entry fees paid by Barry. The forty odd players who took advantage of the "early bird" $400 entry fee, can thank Barry for putting the extra $100 into the purse for them. There was a $1,000 high run award (won by Mika) and another $1,000 to the highest finishing woman player (Gerda won that one). In all, I'm guessing Barry personally put over $70,000 into this year's purse.

JAM
10-25-2010, 04:20 AM
Just to continue with some more facts - ALL players who finished in the money were given a time when the office would be open the next day to collect their money. A sign was posted on the door to the tournament office each day telling when it would be open for pay outs. This was done each day and everyone who had money coming got paid!

I also got paid in twenties. My opinion - Baby, it all spends! I didn't hear one player complaining about how he/she got paid. Barry advertised $50,000 Added this year, but in reality he put in much more. All the past champions (men and women) had their entry fees paid by Barry. The forty odd players who took advantage of the "early bird" $400 entry fee, can thank Barry for putting the extra $100 into the purse for them. There was a $1,000 high run award (won by Mika) and another $1,000 to the highest finishing woman player (Gerda won that one). In all, I'm guessing Barry personally put over $70,000 into this year's purse.

Thanks for the facts, Jay.

I did not mean to imply anything negative about getting paid in twenties. I only meant to relay that sometimes the payouts are paid with monies collected while the event is in progress.

Thanks for sharing your experience and providing the facts.

Roy Steffensen
10-25-2010, 05:24 AM
If all players are finally paid in full and on time I'm satisfied.

poolplayer2093
10-25-2010, 05:50 AM

and that's the way it should be!

poolplayer2093
10-25-2010, 06:03 AM
So im guessing if I (or anyone) found out you screwed their mother or grand mother out of their money, the crub sandwich you had coming would be taken with a smile....hell no youd run and hide and cry to the poe poe....

Would that beating be coming from you ? and what would be the line....? from the sounds of it I dont think youll have a hard time finding takers....Hell can just call up some of the inlaws of all the people your SO SORRY for screwing and tell them for a little bet you can talk shit about my mom and ill try to whip you... From the pics of you ive scene theyll be lined up around the block ....maybe youll make enough to do somthing great for pool. yea even better then Barry, hes apperently fallen short of the mark :rolleyes:

how they want to go about it is their business. nobody just stands there and takes a beating though. you better be prepared to fight if you're going to try it! i know eric and where he's from i don't recommend trying it

Phidget
10-25-2010, 06:30 AM
I talked to quite a few players, ranging from finishing in the 60s to top 16. All had gotten paid that I talked to.
The only gripe I heard was from overseas players having 30% (the taxes) held out by the accountant, when they don't have to file except in certain scenarios.
Interesting conversation, and it caused some angst, but they were paid.

JAM
10-25-2010, 06:38 AM
I talked to quite a few players, ranging from finishing in the 60s to top 16. All had gotten paid that I talked to.
The only gripe I heard was from overseas players having 30% (the taxes) held out by the accountant, when they don't have to file except in certain scenarios.
Interesting conversation, and it caused some angst, but they were paid.

The 30-percent monies withheld has always been in effect for those who cannot provide a Social Security number to the organizers of a high-profile pool tournaments. :wink:

Tax laws and regulations in other countries and the United States is confusing and quite a gray area. :confused:

If an American didn't provide a Social Security number, a TD might hold back a third of their monies, too. :grin-square:

lfigueroa
10-25-2010, 06:39 AM

Well, certainly in most cases there would be heirs, no?

But, the truth is that we've all done bad things and first stones being what they are and all that...

Just to address a couple of udder things: if you didn't want your business (past or present) discussed here, then you shouldn't have thrown it out in the middle of the AZBilliards.com street. Folks that are saying this is off topic, or inappropriate, or whom you're calling "haters," are merely addressing what you have posted here in black and white, making it fair game. Here's some free advice from someone who has gotten paid for teaching people how to deal with stuff like this: next time, if you find *your business* (past or present) something you don't want to discuss *on the internet,* maybe you should just PM the offending individual and tell them to fook off; or tell them you'd be happy to discuss your past via PM, or email, or phone call, or my favorite: in person. But if you respond here, don't go getting your panties in a wad for people reading what you've posted and commenting -- because if you do that you are just being one big ol' drama queen :-)

The udder thing is that I have no idea what your talking about when it comes to Harry (Platis?) -- maybe I made a line and don't recall, but that happens now and then at my age. Sorry about that.

Lou Figueroa

Bigjohn
10-25-2010, 06:40 AM

thats what I thought.

No school needed here. Common Sense should have told you, if you had any, that the pot can't come on here and call the kettle, black. Seems you enjoy discussing your rip off scams. There's treatment for that. You should seek some

KoolKat9Lives
10-25-2010, 06:43 AM
If all players are finally paid in full and on time I'm satisfied.

Me too. We don't know if Barry's "show you the money" promise was covered during the players meeting. Or, as someone else posted, through someone like Johnny (as a rep for the Players Association) seeing it and vouching for it.

Shame on people for slamming Barry for this without knowing all the relevant facts. Damn folks, show some restraint and some respect for the game we all purport to love.

The Open is an ass kicking test from hell. It was run extremely well. Match times and communications were ideal. Jay, Scott, Ken and Bill were on top of it. The rack your own/neutral racker shaved a LOT of time and aggravation, making spectating significantly better than years past. New Diamonds, Delta 13's with the quieting inserts, tons of space between tables. Hotels within spitting distance. Almost all the best players in the world. Ain't no donkeys gonna make the final brackets and the best of the best will be there at the end.

If you're American, aren't proud of this event, and instead choose to lambast with half a clue, then I think you need better meds and therapy.

My hats off to everyone that made this event great again (except Jay, he was mean to me for my poor camera manners ;)).