PDA

View Full Version : losers!!!

stick8
10-24-2010, 07:17 AM
looks as tho we americans can not beat the europins at any sport but basketball--lost the [rider cup] -golf now the u.s open[pool] lo lo. but cong apple,good shooting!!!!!:confused:

sjm
10-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Giving credit where credit is due to the Europeans, who are playing some great pool, the truth remains that in 2010:

1) Archer beat a strong international field into submission at Turning Stone.

2) Van Boening crushed Immonen in their high stakes ten ball race to 100 a couple of weeks ago in NYC.

3) Hatch beat Appleton in their high stakes ten ball race to 100 in Las Vegas in May

4) Van Boening and Pinegar met in the final at Valley Forge in a ten ball event in which most of Europe's elite played

5) At Derby City, Brumback won the bank pool, Frost won the one poocket and although Efren won the nine ball, Morris and Sossei were second and third.

In short, the Americans have not exactly fallen off pool's map.

stljohnny
10-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Lastly - lets not forget the near domination of the most recent mosconi cup by the americans. ;)

tommy84
10-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I think we're evenly matched.
sjm's #5 doesn't count as the europeans rarely play bankpool or even 1p

On the other hand, Mika played last years Mosconi with a bad flu, he was not on top of his game and the worldwide public vote backfired as I think many european voters elected Dennis Hatch as he was the least known on the list and in the end he was one of USA's strongest players and the spiritual team leader - especially for Dominguez when he struggled in the beginning.

But SvB won a 10-ball race to 50 only hill-hill against the swiss player Marco Tschudi during the Biel GP. But in my opinion, SvB is the world's best 10-Ball player atm, so Tschudi did really well and is probably not the top european player
SvB on the other hand lost the Biel GP final against Tschudi and there the game of choice was 9-ball with the 9 racked on the footspot.